Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

1 hour ago, Jarcen said:

See, this is what I'm saying: build your legacy and characters now and transfer isn't going to be an issue. I'm just amused and relaxed here, not affected by this issue since I already have six characters past chapter 3 and my Agent is now in chapter 3, so soon I'll have the Legendary title. I'm at Legacy 30 going to 31. I have around 4m credits across all characters in SV. I'm not worrying about transfer because I acted and did things from server launch. It's as simple as that.

I think most APAC players just want transfers so their Built Up Legacy, achievements and End Game Gear (Some of which you can’t get anymore) can be on the server they want/are going to use most. This is a reasonable request, especially since game play can and is a lower quality on other servers for them. 

Like it or not repair cost are high and they do impact some focuses more then others. This is an issue for new and old players alike. I will say this should be addressed outside the transfer system. 

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jarcen said:

It's as simple as that.

Its not actually it may be for you and you may not care about the things we have that you just cant get anymore, but people are different I do, so no its not simple, I have been playing on SV, I have a few millions too but I will still transfer a couple I want to play that I am not on SV because of that. 
It's as simple as that lol.
Its great you don't care, for you...

Great news to see transfers will be allowed. Great to hear there will be a credit cap. Please please keep it low. 

Also wondering if there could be an option to choose whether or not to transfer legacy?  I'd love to transfer my gold augs.. but also love re doing all the datacrons and ops cheevos

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed the fresh start again - it is what brought me back.

Realising there are people who want SV to just be a fix for latency, I think the new server has provided other benefits that are better (experiencing content again, not being so far behind others, economy etc).

I'm really worried about transfers impacting this, and hoping it will be done in a way where it's limited to what you can't reasonably get on the server (retired achievements etc), and not just to save time.

If it does bring SV into the same state in the others, I guess we can always wait for the next new server :)

Edited by Richielolz
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Richielolz said:

If it does bring SV into the same state in the others, I guess we can always wait for the next new server :)

better hope it doesn't (I give it less than 6 months after transfers), there won't be another new server after players are driven away to newer games.

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Wanna hope they do the transfers before that. 

It will be nice, but honestly given what they are planning I don't care.

Unsubscribing is the only way they'll know.

also, dropping that BS notice late on a Friday is a poor show. Stinks of, We have Bad news, lets release it at the end of the week so we do not need to discuss it and hope it blows over on the weekend.

4 hours ago, Richielolz said:

I'm really worried about transfers impacting this, and hoping it will be done in a way where it's limited to what you can't reasonably get on the server (retired achievements etc), and not just to save time.

Saving time isn’t really an issue. Breaking the economy is. The only thing, in my opinion, that is reasonable  to limit is credits. Maybe even limiting transfers from SV. Anything else would be too damaging to the value of transfers.

16 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

Saving time isn’t really an issue. Breaking the economy is. The only thing, in my opinion, that is reasonable  to limit is credits. Maybe even limiting transfers from SV. Anything else would be too damaging to the value of transfers.

What I head from your many, many posts is:

Move the server to US, those APAC players do not deserve a regional server.

• Like 2

@JackieKo

Hyper-inflation measures still need addressing/tweaking.

Repair bills will kill end-game, please read Jackie!

Hi Jackie,

I am GM of Hold My Beer on Shae Vizla, and since the start of the server I have been an active leader in coordinating many PvE activity from SM Operations through to MM Operations. I manage several teams, and am engaged with several other guild leaders across the game on both Imperial and Republic factions to run community events. I mention this to let you know I am a good representative of Shae Vizla's current PvE community; many of them do not use the forums, so a lot of the vocal minority are having an imbalanced representation here.

Although the credit limit is a contentious issue, I really need to put focus on one important thing: Shae Vizla's PvE Endgame community will not survive unless we can transfer across enough credits to sustain endgame's high cost.

Too much of this conversation is discussing things like the GTN and in-game economy, when it is critically important to address that endgame raiding in this game currently costs too many credits to sustain, without a healthy injection. Repair bills can go up to 1M to 2M per week, for one character. There's no way for those sort of costs to be viable if you're going to limit the amount of credits to something ridiculously low like 1M per toon. It costs about 40k credits per repair bill in 344 gear, your current inflation measures are scaled too high, and will still be too high, if you are going to have harsh limits of credits.

There are two potential options to ensure that Shae Vizla's endgame PvE community can thrive:

- Allow credits per character to be sustainable for endgame, perhaps 250M per character, with 4 free transfers, bringing each character to 1B. This would be a viable amount to sustain endgame raiding and the associated costs of repair bills and miscellanous costs like augmenting, gearing, etc.

- Alternatively, significantly reduce for say, 12 months, the cost of repair bills on Shae Vizla (Make them 1/10th of what they are, for instance). This approach would allow you to still control aspects of inflation and the GTN/economy but also not harshly penalise the PvE endgame community.

I beg you: please do not forget the PvE endgame community. If we do not have your inflation measures addressed when it comes to repair bills, you will kill PvE endgame by limiting credits. We need a healthy amount of credits. Or you need to make repair bills 1/10th of what they currently are.

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ufion said:

@JackieKo

Hi Jackie,

I am GM of Hold My Beer on Shae Vizla, and since the start of the server I have been an active leader in coordinating many PvE activity from SM Operations through to MM Operations. I manage several teams, and am engaged with several other guild leaders across the game on both Imperial and Republic factions to run community events. I mention this to let you know I am a good representative of Shae Vizla's current PvE community; many of them do not use the forums, so a lot of the vocal minority are having an imbalanced representation here.

Although the credit limit is a contentious issue, I really need to put focus on one important thing: Shae Vizla's PvE Endgame community will not survive unless we can transfer across enough credits to sustain endgame's high cost.

Too much of this conversation is discussing things like the GTN and in-game economy, when it is critically important to address that endgame raiding in this game currently costs too many credits to sustain, without a healthy injection. Repair bills can go up to 1M to 2M per week, for one character. There's no way for those sort of costs to be viable if you're going to limit the amount of credits to something ridiculously low like 1M per toon. It costs about 40k credits per repair bill in 344 gear, your current inflation measures are scaled too high, and will still be too high, if you are going to have harsh limits of credits.

There are two potential options to ensure that Shae Vizla's endgame PvE community can thrive:

- Allow credits per character to be sustainable for endgame, perhaps 250M per character, with 4 free transfers, bringing each character to 1B. This would be a viable amount to sustain endgame raiding and the associated costs of repair bills and miscellanous costs like augmenting, gearing, etc.

- Alternatively, significantly reduce for say, 12 months, the cost of repair bills on Shae Vizla (Make them 1/10th of what they are, for instance). This approach would allow you to still control aspects of inflation and the GTN/economy but also not harshly penalise the PvE endgame community.

I beg you: please do not forget the PvE endgame community. If we do not have your inflation measures addressed when it comes to repair bills, you will kill PvE endgame by limiting credits. We need a healthy amount of credits. Or you need to make repair bills 1/10th of what they currently are.

Thanks.

^^^ @JackieKo This 100000%

Edited by frizzydude
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

What I head from your many, many posts is:

Move the server to US, those APAC players do not deserve a regional server.

I’m pretty confident I’ve never said that. In fact I have actually once said to merge a US server with SV 🤣(in a different thread)

Now I have argued that the community of people who produced the numbers to sustain the server so transfers could happen should have a significant say in how those transfers to the servers function.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I’m pretty confident I’ve never said that. In fact I have actually once said to merge a US server with SV 🤣(in a different thread)

Now I have argued that the community of people who produced the numbers to sustain the server so transfers could happen should have a significant say in how those transfers to the servers function.  

Ahh I am mistaken,

I did not realise there were numbers released showing the majority of players on SV were not actually in the APAC area.

7 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

the community of people who produced the numbers to sustain the server

nor did I realise it was in fact these generous players that swayed BroadSword's decision to allow transfers at all.

7 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

so transfers could happen

Alright everyone, if you are from APAC, it's time to pack your bags and go home, we are not welcome on Shae Vizla.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ufion said:

@JackieKo

Hi Jackie,

Thanks.

I strongly disagree.

high repair cost do impact end game operation players. however, the suggested fixes in this post would damage the economy or make credit farming more potent.

I suggest an alternative currency that is bond to toons that can be used in tandem with actual credit. 1 token equals 1 complete repair. This token could be given as rewards for weekly missions that require an ops group to complete.

Edited by AFadedMemory

34 minutes ago, ufion said:

@JackieKo

Hi Jackie,

Thanks.

Agreed wholeheartedly

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ufion said:

@JackieKo

Hi Jackie,

Thanks.

Not acceptable at all.

This would effectively steal the hard work of people who have built the economy on the server to placate for repair bills that could be fixed through another system such as no gear damage inside an operation. 

ATM every piece of content has value. OP, Heroic, Vet/MM FP, PVP everything is rewarding for the amount of time you put in. To inject 250m per toon when the average amount of wealth a legacy has is 4 to 10m that would kill the economy through inflation imported from another server while thieving from the people who has invested their time into SV.

I'm sorry mate but this is completely unacceptable when other solutions can be implemented.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Ahh I am mistaken,

I did not realise there were numbers released showing the majority of players on SV were not actually in the APAC area.

Based on several conversations that APAC players have generated that state they and people they play with from the apac zone have stopped using are won’t use the server until transfer were/are allowed . Plus the conversations generated by players (apac included) saying they like the fresh start feel/healthy economy/I’m okay with some form of credit limit as long as I get my transfers Kinda paints the picture that the active SV community wants or are at least okay with limited transfers. I mean BS literally said they were monitoring server identity to determine transfer.

If you were not apart of the community at the time of said monitoring you voice wasn’t and should not be apart of the recorded identity. (This doesn’t mean you were/aren’t allowed to be apart of the community just that you chose not to be)

21 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

nor did I realise it was in fact these generous players that swayed BroadSword's decision to allow transfers at all.

BS kinda said player behavior and population could/would impact their decision. Looks like something went well  enough to allow transfers and produce some form of credit limit.

26 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Alright everyone, if you are from APAC, it's time to pack your bags and go home, we are not welcome on Shae Vizla.

lolz I Kinda technically said you can’t leave 

1 hour ago, AFadedMemory said:

Maybe even limiting transfers from SV.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

Not acceptable at all.

This would effectively steal the hard work of people who have built the economy on the server to placate for repair bills that could be fixed through another system such as no gear damage inside an operation. 

ATM every piece of content has value. OP, Heroic, Vet/MM FP, PVP everything is rewarding for the amount of time you put in. To inject 250m per toon when the average amount of wealth a legacy has is 4 to 10m that would kill the economy through inflation imported from another server while thieving from the people who has invested their time into SV.

I'm sorry mate but this is completely unacceptable when other solutions can be implemented.

No gear damage is Swtor during ops has never happened and at the moment the endgame community do need more credits to participate and I'm talking about Vet and Master modes that are expensive to run currently (gearing and repairing), PVP is not an option since it really is tedious garbage now and dailies give you peanuts for your time. If your talking inflation as seen in SS and SV your way out of touch with what that actually looks like and 1B is not close to that. Alternative currencies? you sound like you need to work at Broadsword to help them create that, or just fix the problem at hand.

11 minutes ago, Kingvedetta said:

No gear damage is Swtor during ops has never happened and at the moment the endgame community do need more credits to participate and I'm talking about Vet and Master modes that are expensive to run currently (gearing and repairing), PVP is not an option since it really is tedious garbage now and dailies give you peanuts for your time. If your talking inflation as seen in SS and SV your way out of touch with what that actually looks like and 1B is not close to that. Alternative currencies? you sound like you need to work at Broadsword to help them create that, or just fix the problem at hand.

High repair cost are not a justification for more credit. They were cheap once but became expensive because there was too much credit. The fact that these sinks are crippling people and their efforts to a mass wealth is kinda the point. 

One could argue the force participation in other activities just to be able to do operation is a good thing. I think it is more appropriate to increase the reward for operation completion (in away that does not generate credits) rather then allowing players to move tons of credit over.

Edited by AFadedMemory

3 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

High repair cost are not a justification for more credit. They were cheap once but became expensive because there was too much credit. The fact that these sinks are crippling people and their efforts to a mass wealth is kinda the point. 

One could argue the force participation in other activities just to be able to do operation is a good thing. I think it is more appropriate to increase the reward for operation completion (in away that does not generate credits) rather then allowing players to move tons of credit over.

This pretty much confirms you've only been back a short time, these repair costs were part of inflation reduction tactics on SS and SF, SV has been collateral of that. Higher than average gearing costs compared to vanilla and no great way to generate credits those of us that have been around since the start know what transferring these credits will mean for our play style (keeping us in business) none of which leads to inflation. The initial talk of credits was 1b not 5-10 or 20.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.