Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

On 1/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, DanteYoda said:

To be fair a lot of people hate pvp..

To be fair, a lot of people like PvP too. Plus PvP was popping fine & with in a few minutes of queuing before they released 7.4. If BS had opened transfers at the same time, many people wouldn’t have left the server to go play on the other servers. They were warned repeatedly this would happen. It was totally predictable. They dropped the ball & now players like myself are paying for it. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AFadedMemory said:

Though wouldn't SV just be like any other sever?

YES, and that is a point I have made several times, It SHOULD be like any other server opened in a region.
Our regional server should be treated the same as the others, so any change to ours should also be made to others, or just wait the 90 days and put ours on the list the way it stands now, but there is some people, looking at you as well that want to put limits on transfers for various different reasons.
We would NOT be having this conversation if it was any other server, its only because its new and people decided to treat it as fresh start and not regional, and then blamed BS for the way they announced it, totally ignoring the fact they said it was a new regional server, I might add.

Displacement is Displacement. Anyone that had their main server merged (you don't have to be in a specific region to consider that region server you main server, especially if it was the only sever you played on.) should be able to ask for the same compensation your asking for. If you're lobbying for everyone that was displaced then I have no issues

I have never asked for this, I have posted agreeing with some of the comments, but I have not asked for special treatment, however you are incorrect, it's not the same thing, you would have had to have gone through it to understand. 
I couldn't care less about the mergers in fact I thought oh look another merger, but when they take away your local server, that's a different thing altogether, and it feels totally different, I don't expect you to understand.
IF they had done what many asked for and merged the OCE servers into one, it would have been a whole different ball game.

Wouldn't the forced new legacy on SV put me further behind than that?

I don't understand your point here? The idea is not to keep everyone on an even footing, thats what fresh start servers are for, the point is to bring people home.

49 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

To be fair a lot of people hate pvp..

I used to like SWTOR PVP, before the move to N/A, I will have to give it ago again once my transfer is over.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, KeithKanneg said:

Hello again, 

Gonna make this one follow up post for now as the team is getting ready to break for the upcoming holiday. 

I wanted to hop into this thread to generate conversation about what players (particularly those who are in the APAC region) want when it comes to character transfers for the Shae Vizla server. 

I want us to have a respectful conversation and/or friendly discourse about what's best for our players in the APAC region, and of course, for our game. Our ultimate goal is to have a healthy server that also provides the best home for our APAC players. 

We opened an APAC server to create a better overall experience for the regional players and grow the number of players in that region. We also had the unique opportunity to improve the economy by delaying and possibly restricting the amount of credits that flowed into the server. That is giving us very insightful details about what defines a healthy economy.

We also understand about Legacy (and character) transfers and wanting to leverage what you've already completed over the years.

As a reminder, we will be making a decision based on the data we see and the player feedback we receive. So far, here's what I'm reading in terms of player feedback specifically from this thread:

• Players want character transfers allowed to/from Shae Vizla (which means your Legacy is also transferred)
  • You support credit restrictions, but want us to consider credit costs such as repair bills
  • Players want a reasonable time/cost to do transfers
  • Players want this server treated the same as all other servers

If I missed something, just reply with other key points and we'll make sure to review those with the team in the new year.

Thanks all

Hi Keith.

Firstly Happy Holidays and New years to you and the team. 

as a beta player across multiple accounts, I have left and came back to star wars several times. originally from Apac servers. i have spent tons of money supporting this game. my most recent significant store spends have been on Shae Vizla server. I am happy with that. I enjoy supporting a game that gives me joy when possible.

I love how the economy is not stuffed, if i want something i have to work for it.  farming heroics. forming groups. reasonable gtn prices. in its current state it just works.

i have mixed feelings about starting again.... again.... in some aspects its rewarding, in others  its frustrating and mundane, and not fun.

All I want from transfers is my legacy and titles and achievements.  I do not care about credits. I could take zero and still be happy. 

I would like to point out that this server was never defined as a vanilla server, it was advertised an apac cloud based server. to transition existing servers to cloud base but then create an apac server and define the rules after, doesnt sit right with me.

You guys have to get this one right. take your time be transparent. Good luck

Overall..... enjoying the new server.. barely even log in on the others. my fun is out weighing my galactic credits.

Legacy only transfers please.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nommaz said:

YES, and that is a point I have made several times, It SHOULD be like any other server opened in a region.
Our regional server should be treated the same as the others, so any change to ours should also be made to others, or just wait the 90 days and put ours on the list the way it stands now, but there is some people, looking at you as well that want to put limits on transfers for various different reasons.
We would NOT be having this conversation if it was any other server, its only because its new and people decided to treat it as fresh start and not regional, and then blamed BS for the way they announced it, totally ignoring the fact they said it was a new regional server, I might add.

Until they made the announcement that not opening transfers could be a possibility. I assumed they would follow normal procedures and open up transfers in 90 days (assuming the population justified it) truthfully not modifying the transfer system and opening it up normally would be the easiest thing for them. 

BS did set conflicting expectations in their announcement. Granted, if you knew about their 90 day server policy and considered what metrics would be most important for a server to stay open  long enough to allow transfers you could assume sv would be similar to other regional server after 90, this is what I did, and it would not be a stretch. (It is important to note that BS did use language in their announcement that made no guarantees thus allowing them to do whatever they want)

I agree that SV should not have it’s own “special” transfer system (mainly because it doesn’t make sense to have two systems in place, would be wasted effort in my opinion)

Inflation is a problem. It is easier to prevent it from getting crazy then to allow it to get crazy and bring it back down. Transfers will introduce credit that did not exist and it won’t be a small amount. Credit limit is the only real limit I’m lobbying for, if I interpreted the posts in this thread correctly some apac players agree a limit should be in place/would be acceptable in some form (I’m not suggesting your for or against). I think the limit should be introduced vi a person’s toon rather then the transfer system saying only a certain amount can pass through, but this tread isn’t really a place to discuss that.

most of my criticism is in regards to the scale/realism of requests not the actual validity of wanting/needing circumstantial consideration. 

Edited by AFadedMemory

On 1/2/2024 at 6:14 AM, FrontLineFodder said:

I am just repeating what I have said elsewhere, and while I agree it is a problem on Shae Vizla, I disagree that it is unique to SV.

You are delusional then. 
One death in combat with full 340+ rakata gear cost ~35k credits, it's more than 1 heroic.
If you are in active prog with at least half of inexperienced ppls in group you will wipe like ~12 times per hour = 420k credits(assuming you die only once per wipe which not alwas the case because of battle res). Usually teams have 2-3 hours of prog per scheduled day whihc means ~1kk credits per prog raid.
Let asusme that average player doing one heroic in about ~5 mins and it nets 30k, then we end up on 33 heroics. So everyone in team should waste almost 3 hours of heroics to just be able to have one day of prog.
On infalted servers you just do one DF+DP run(30-40 mins), buy OEM/RPM and sell it for 20m and you can afford 20 prog raids with that. On Shae you can sell OEM/RPM too but it cost now 300k-400k which is not good value, sligthly faster than heroics but there is moment of tech frags being way more valueble on Shae than on any other servers to just convert them in to credits.

Edited by Keetsune
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Keetsune said:

You are delusional then. 
One death in combat with full 340+ rakata gear cost ~35k credits, it's more than 1 heroic.
If you are in active prog with at least half of inexperienced ppls in group you will wipe like ~12 times per hour = 420k credits(assuming you die only once per wipe which not alwas the case because of battle res). Usually teams have 2-3 hours of prog per scheduled day whihc means ~1kk credits per prog raid.
Let asusme that average player doing one heroic in about ~5 mins and it nets 30k, then we end up on 33 heroics. So everyone in team should waste almost 3 hours of heroics to just be able to have one day of prog.
On infalted servers you just do one DF+DP run(30-40 mins), buy OEM/RPM and sell it for 20m and you can afford 20 prog raids with that. On Shae you can sell OEM/RPM too but it cost now 300k-400k which is not good value, sligthly faster than heroics but there is moment of tech frags being way more valueble on Shae than on any other servers to just convert them in to credits.

Thanks for your response, I didn't know it was so much when wearing rakata gear, I don't wear rakata myself, yes it is expensive.

in 12 months Shae will have many more high level characters, generating more credits which are put into the economy. assuming (yes its a bad assumption I am aware) more credit sinks don't change it, things like OEM's will be selling for more, but still not Ludacris prices like on Star Forge.

but that's my point, regardless of the server, doing grinding 33 heroics should not be required to earn the credits to repair gear.

seriously your prog groups are wiping 12 times in an hour ? ouch, particularly on SV.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:24 AM, FrontLineFodder said:

Thanks for your response, I didn't know it was so much when wearing rakata gear, I don't wear rakata myself, yes it is expensive.

in 12 months Shae will have many more high level characters, generating more credits which are put into the economy. assuming (yes its a bad assumption I am aware) more credit sinks don't change it, things like OEM's will be selling for more, but still not Ludacris prices like on Star Forge.

but that's my point, regardless of the server, doing grinding 33 heroics should not be required to earn the credits to repair gear.

seriously your prog groups are wiping 12 times in an hour ? ouch, particularly on SV.

Depends on the fight. Progging VM master blaster with 3 or 4 first timers in group? Or VM r4 last boss? Your probably looking 12 wipes in half an hour for your first few prog nights until players get the muscle memory and memorize the patterns of the fight. 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:38 PM, Keetsune said:

You are delusional then. 

This was actually a concern of mine when I joined a group doing EV in week two of the server.  We did SM and HM back to back.  I had earned enough credits to put 100k on that toon "just in case" HM didn't go very well.    And it was only EV.
Luckily, it went well.   Haven't done a raid since.   The East Coast US vs "Aussie" hours are just too different.

A little more than a month in...this is what, the "start" of week 6, and I'm still scrambling for credits as I'm saving up for my imp side "private" guild.   (The Pub side is all set with Guild Ship and everything.  Just have to start unlocking rooms).

Once GS5 closes, and then when GS6 starts up (assuming there will be one) I'll be switching back to Star Forge being my main server again, and this one being yet another one I mainly mine for cartel coins from GS.

I have managed to earn some of the "conqueor of..." titles, so I'm happy about that.

It isn't DIFFICULT to get vast amounts of credits, even on SV, it just takes two things.   Lots of time, more than most likely can spend during the day, and more than a few high level toons / 80's to get those 25k - 30k payouts per heroic.

Edited by Darev

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’d say this confirms our fears that nothing will be done with transfers till mid/end of February or sometime in March.

IMG_5824.jpeg.10eaceada6bb34c3ee39921fabb81212.jpeg

I'm anxiously waiting to see what shakes out from all this.

I'd HOPE that they make some posts saying that they're still paying attention to what people are saying and working out a solution.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Darev said:

I'm anxiously waiting to see what shakes out from all this.

I'd HOPE that they make some posts saying that they're still paying attention to what people are saying and working out a solution.

22 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i mean,  they ( he ) sort of already said it  back here:   https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932015-shae-vizla-launch-updates/?do=findComment&comment=9792780   ... no?

Yes, well, that's why I put "still" in what I posted.

What I've seen before, and many of us have, is that they make a post saying they're working on it and then go silent until they post what they're going to do.

I'm hoping for MORE than that this time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Darev said:

What I've seen before, and many of us have, is that they make a post saying they're working on it and then go silent until they post what they're going to do.

I'm hoping for MORE than that this time.

Then you will be disappointed.

And i read what you typed about "still" .  My only point was:  That post i linked ^ says  everything already and therefore  your  request isn't necessary for them to comply.   ( since by Keith's quote, it's pretty obvious they are indeed "working on it"  and watching the thread )

Edited by Nee-Elder

23 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Then you will be disappointed.

And i read what you typed about "still" .  My only point was:  That post i linked ^ says  everything already and therefore  your  request isn't necessary for them to comply.   ( since by Keith's quote, it's pretty obvious they are indeed "working on it"  and watching the thread )

I don't think you understand GOOD customer service, and in this case something that would take less than a couple minutes.

Unfortunately, these days good customer service is harder to find, even my customers are astonished when I provide it... 
Not because I don't normally, but because they have been conditioned to accept bad service as the norm, same as gamers have slowly been conditioned to accept the lack of, among other things.
I do know there is more than a few customers that make it hard to provide good service, but it doesn't excuse it.

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

I don't think you understand GOOD customer service,

Sure i do , since i worked on another SW themed MMO and witnessed exactly what bad service looks like everyday.  Plus i'm a very good customer my$elf. ;)

Your vitriol  should be aimed at  EA .  Not at me.

i never once said  BioSword  shouldn't  communicate more often, did i?

But i've been here since 2011 ( sadly ) and therefore  i know all too well the patterns.

It's not  JackieKo's  fault either btw.   She does her best as much as she can.   But heck, i can't even get  Keith & Eric  ( the producers ) to make  one POST in the GSF section since 2022 , much less devote actual  development/expansion cycle to it. :(

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

, and in this case something that would take less than a couple minutes.

It's not about  supposed quick "time"  you assume it would take [to make a post] though.

It's about  what  EA wants & allows them to do.  Plus whatever implications & reprecutions happen AFTER  they make such a "quick" post.

And it's also about  need-to-know ,  as in:  Keith  already told  everyone in the thread ( in that post i linked above )  what the update & status  is.   Why would he pop-in  for  "couple minutes"  just to say the exact same things he already said before?

Instead, they will monitor the thread  and collect data/metrics  and then bide their time until  February, to make one big splash.

If they responded to each & every  poster like you  demanding for a quick placate update post , then it would set a precedent they know they'd never be able to live up to.  ( see  how they never make any specific  'RoadMap'  forecasts anymore? )

I'm not  "excusing" it .  I'm merely stating the reality.   For u guys'  sakes, i hope i'm wrong.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Don't worry, the americans will have the server how they want it..... EMPTY, as the longer transfers take the more apac players will unsub, as if trends are the same as my mates out of the 5 that came back straight away 4 have unsubbed and will wait and see, I will keep it up for another month but then I'll be looking elsewhere once again. Had a few more in the wings, waiting for the transfer before putting in the time again.

But as school holidays over here are nearly over, they missed a great time to grab a new gen of players, as they will need it as if they don't allow FULL transfers, no limits they are spitting on the players who have been here the longest.

Should have taken a page out FFXIV book, opened servers, transfers open a few hours later. Advertise, now a thriving region, hype for this swtor server has already dropped, active players are dropping or going back to their mains which are NOT in their region.... well done...

This was a failed experiment, giving us hope of our home back just to stay, "No, if you bring you stuff over us NON Apac players will be at a disadvantage Nooooo CRY CRY CRY".  Guess what, to Non Apac players, go back the the region location that revolves around you, let ours revolve around us NOT YOU.

Edited by Gabriaye
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gabriaye said:

Don't worry, the americans will have the server how they want it..... EMPTY, as the longer transfers take the more apac players will unsub, as if trends are the same as my mates out of the 5 that came back straight away 4 have unsubbed and will wait and see, I will keep it up for another month but then I'll be looking elsewhere once again. Had a few more in the wings, waiting for the transfer before putting in the time again.

But as school holidays over here are nearly over, they missed a great time to grab a new gen of players, as they will need it as if they don't allow FULL transfers, no limits they are spitting on the players who have been here the longest.

Should have taken a page out FFXIV book, opened servers, transfers open a few hours later. Advertise, now a thriving region, hype for this swtor server has already dropped, active players are dropping or going back to their mains which are NOT in their region.... well done...

This was a failed experiment, giving us hope of our home back just to stay, "No, if you bring you stuff over us NON Apac players will be at a disadvantage Nooooo CRY CRY CRY".  Guess what, to Non Apac players, go back the the region location that revolves around you, let ours revolve around us NOT YOU.

1000000000% this 👆

@JackieKo
@EricMusco@KeithKanneg

Broadsword, I hope you learn from this mistake & take steps to fix it ASAP because the APAC server for APAC PLAYERS is a farce if you prioritise other players wishes from other regions above APAC players first.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

So much whine, need more cheese.  Not sure why anyone needs to make this APAC vs non-APAC players.  The devs haven't said they are favoring one group over the other.  As an American player speaking for myself it's just another server for me to grind Galactic Seasons on.  I don't care if the devs end up allowing character transfers or not.  I don't care if the Shae Vizla economy does great or not.  I will say I did support APAC players getting their own server and wanted the server to succeed although I did think SWTOR didn't have enough APAC players anymore to do well in the long term.  After reading all the complaints from various APAC players since Shae Vizla's launch I've just gotten tired of the drama and checked out of the whole thing.  Best wishes to APAC players and Shae Vizla but at this point I honestly don't care what happens to Shae Vizla anymore. 

Keith Kanneg says the dev team has learned a lot about how a SWTOR economy develops from the fresh start Shae Vizla.  One can only hope that knowledge was worth the resulting drama/player angst.

• Like 2

It is a shame how some APAC region players are so disrespectful of other region players and their help...

HARD FACTS::: If it was not for all the players from other regions participating in Shae Vizla server there would be no APAC server... we lost them once for a reason...

Disrespecting players who are trying to enjoy the experience and help the APAC region is totally unnecessary and rude... this goes for the In Game comments and behavior as well as the Forums... 

Players form other regions come here to help and try out the "Fresh Start" server... and have to deal with High Ping, Lag and a ton of limitations... something APAC region players know all to well from the past...

Creating a community revolved around the love of the game and supporting fellow players no matter where they are from is the only UNITY that will see this fiasco through with a positive result... Disrespecting Dev's and Other region players will not help the situation (It actually reinforces the negative aspects and issues)...

*** If you feel so strongly about people playing on servers that are not physically located in your region then maybe you should consider setting the example and quitting or retiring from the servers that are not in the APAC region??? ***

@JackieKo@KeithKanneg@EricMusco Please take these frustrations to heart and listen, these issues have devolved into an unhealthy environment both in Forums and In Game, this is not how to build a community around an I.P. that we all love... we need direct communication, direct action, and as immediate fixes as possible for these issues created over bad decisions and implementations...

Very simple fixes could be implemented... Communication could be improved... and a healthy future established in what you do next...

PLEASE CONSIDER THE EXISTING PLAYER BASE... THE REGIONAL PLAYERS... THE PAST PLAYERS HOPING TO REJOIN... AND ALL THE NEW PLAYERS THAT HAVE YET TO DISCOVER WHAT COULD BE THE BEST ERA OF SWTOR YET...

The future of SWTOR and APAC are literally in your hands and the decisions you make next...

Thank You,

😕😩😞😱☹️🤔😟:jawa_confused::jawa_frown::jawa_eek:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

It is a shame how some APAC region players are so disrespectful of other region players and their help...

While this is true, it can also be said that certain non APAC players have been just as disrespectful of APAC players needs & think they should be ignored in favour of their own. Even though they have their very own regional servers to play on already. That is what’s really causing the division here. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That is what’s really causing the division here.

What is really causing the Division of opinions and ideas here and in game ... is the lack of effective communication from devs, bad decisions about the APAC server and economic initiative tied to them, and poor implementation and roll out of those decisions... 

I could point out plenty of examples of APAC players comments and have not witnessed any non-region players making the same types of comments to APAC region players ... regardless, that would not help bring everyone together ...

the only hope for survival of Shae Vizla server is working together with other regions whose player base is needed, devs who make the decisions, and APAC region players whose actual quality of game play and community will be directly beneficial... anything else will continue to divide and corrupt something that has barely started...

If a positive and healthy solution is the goal... then unifying in support for a Functional APAC server and character restoration is the only hope... and "The Way" for the future...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.