Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

1 hour ago, AussieAlan said:

I ended up just deciding to move some toons 500 cartel for 15 million credits and whatever I get from log ins isn't a bad deal.

Sure if you don't care about the atrocious way we have been dealt with and all the previous dealing with BS, then I suppose it would seem ok.
For those of use that have been moved around from server to server without our consent over the years and treated like second class citizens then it is indeed a "bad deal".

If they can move us for free when we didn't want to, they can damn well move us for free when a "regional" server opens, not that I can talk as I haven't played since the ridiculous requirements were made public, I will log on this week course, but just to get the May 4th stuff on the hope that one day they actually pull their heads out of the sand and do the right thing...
If not it was just a logon...
I just hope they don't try and blame the APAC players for the mess they themselves orchestrated and created! and use it as an excuse for those of you that did stay to do the wrong thing in the future 

• Thanks 1

Careful when you assume, you know what they say, I remember subbing back a bit before 12x Xp March to Makeb event, so I know all to well.

My life is bad, we barely have enough money to get by, this 6 months sub thanks to my sister and paypal pay in 4 is the only thing of any fun in my life, and while this all sucks, and is stupid I missed out on getting free transfers for being less than a day without a sub was well I assume I can not say the R word here, but I am not going to waste my time crying over it, it sucks, I am a Gen X Aussie gamer, I am used to getting the short end of the stick.

I don't care much about armours, most of the new ones are lame, I got the cool ones I liked years ago, same for mounts and pets, so the coins are not being used for much, I get 600 a month for being a sub, 100 for my key and its what 2k from GS6, which I will easy get done.

It sucks having to use it, but I have better things to do than cry about it, especially when the way I see it, I am getting free cartel coins from subbing, key and GS so technically I am getting free transfers.

8 minutes ago, AussieAlan said:

Careful when you assume, you know what they say, I remember subbing back a bit before 12x Xp March to Makeb event, so I know all to well.

My life is bad, we barely have enough money to get by, this 6 months sub thanks to my sister and paypal pay in 4 is the only thing of any fun in my life, and while this all sucks, and is stupid I missed out on getting free transfers for being less than a day without a sub was well I assume I can not say the R word here, but I am not going to waste my time crying over it, it sucks, I am a Gen X Aussie gamer, I am used to getting the short end of the stick.

I don't care much about armours, most of the new ones are lame, I got the cool ones I liked years ago, same for mounts and pets, so the coins are not being used for much, I get 600 a month for being a sub, 100 for my key and its what 2k from GS6, which I will easy get done.

It sucks having to use it, but I have better things to do than cry about it, especially when the way I see it, I am getting free cartel coins from subbing, key and GS so technically I am getting free transfers.

I have been around since beta so I guess we have different experiences, 
As I said "Sure if you don't care about the atrocious way we have been dealt with and all the previous dealing with BS, then I suppose it would seem ok." and that has nothing to do with assumptions, fact is OCE/APAC have been handled very badly by both companies, but if you have only been here since the huts then I guess you don't understand, as the closing an initial forced transfers happened 4 years before your time, thanks though for your input.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AussieAlan said:

I missed it by a week or so, thanks to some silly old EA account that was Automatically created in 2009 when I created my SWTOR account... And like you, I've used my cartel coins to move all my characters over. Unfortunately, the server is completely empty. I haven't had a single PVP pop since the 20th of January. You're lucky to see five people on the fleet during prime time.. The restrictions put in place to protect the fresh start community that have all now left the server upon reaching Max level as there's no end game content on an empty server.. and nobody wants to PVP on an international server with super high ping.. And understandably, the few Aussies that have guilds and manage to be able to enjoy the end game ON US servers only moved a couple of test turns over with their limited 15 million credits and have not been interested in committing to the server because it's empty preventing this server from ever having a chance..

All the restrictions that BS put in place for the fresh start community that instantly quit soon as Transfers opened up because it was no longer a fresh start server. The returning Aussies Got absolutely no incentive to stick around.. Free transfers to returning players would have encouraged people to log in , move over And possibly resubscribe.! Unfortunately, I saw way too many people on these forums post a couple of times on their fresh new subscription only to disappear again Thanks to the silly free transfer restrictions.. I don't know how long they can hold this server open with The population level as it is Maybe the new server cloud infrastructure doesn't require them to have lots of players to run.. Maybe they're on a deal with their only paying for bandwidth used and if people aren't playing, they are not you're not paying much.... 

• Like 1

First of all, when I started I played on both Gav D and Dalborra so yes I was here for AU servers, second if it is so bad, why did you think it would be any better now, lastly and what good exactly has come of saying the same things over and over again done.

When they announced this server I raised my eyebrows a bit. Figured the devs knew something I didn't like there was a big population in that part of the world just itching to play swtor. I always thought it was strange tho because I played on ss for years and the population was getting so low that I transfered to sf. You'd think that if the apac players were playing they woulda been on the "west coast" na server considering the time zones correlate to a certain degree, and I'm sure many are/were, but not enough to give a significant population boost to ss. 

17 hours ago, Guyverarmor said:

Devs gave up...

I'm shocked, I tell you I am shocked!

I truly wish I was, I don't think they gave up as much as dig in their feet regardless of the consequences.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

They lost the bulk of Oceanic wanting to come back, with late transfers and the restrictions.

Basically saying, no you cant have what you have earnt of the last 10-12 yrs of coming and going as we want all to have the same experience with this server, when we NEVER had the same experience on US servers, the lag never let us.

In short, those players wanting to come back to a place we wanted to call home, couldn't. All we got was another slap in the face. so those we where bring in to the game and back to the game also said why bother. with plenty of other mmo's out there that treat us the right way, with a better quality game, better raids, better dungeons, better game feel, why would we bother playing a game with a dev base that hates us as a people. 

we love Starwars and what SWTOR was back in the day, but after so many slaps to the face..... ppl can only take so much abuse....

Violence against APAC players.... I SAY NO

Edited by Gabriaye
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 1:58 PM, Samcuu said:

When they announced this server I raised my eyebrows a bit. Figured the devs knew something I didn't like there was a big population in that part of the world just itching to play swtor. I always thought it was strange tho because I played on ss for years and the population was getting so low that I transfered to sf. You'd think that if the apac players were playing they woulda been on the "west coast" na server considering the time zones correlate to a certain degree, and I'm sure many are/were, but not enough to give a significant population boost to ss. 

I assume they expected asia to come as well. Aussie servers don't work well with Asians, The way they forced the server to be a new start server and restricted transfers and money really helped kill SV as well. People have either moved back to their accounts with billions or quit i guess.

Edited by DanteYoda
  • Like 2