Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

41 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Then we should just agree to disagree.

Because I believe that is just a typical swtor website page that hasn’t been updated since 2012 because BioWare & broadsword are lax in updating the website. 

Where as the EA site had all the relevant information updated from May 2023 & they don’t mention 90 days. There is also no link from the EA site that references the swtor page regarding 90 days. So if it was still relevant, they would link it.

Can you link an ea page with transfer requirement? I would love to read it.

13 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That link doesn't tell me what the requirement or restriction are. Unless I follow steps 1-3 under how do I transfer my character, this takes me to a different website though...  Which I will add isn't EA.

Edited by AFadedMemory

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Where as the EA site had all the relevant information updated from May 2023 & they don’t mention 90 days. There is also no link from the EA site that references the swtor page regarding 90 days. So if it was still relevant, they would link it.

EA does have all the relevant information. it mentions requirement or restrictions and how to be aware of them. Step 3. (Read the information on the character transfer page on swtor.com.) Anyone who follows steps 1-6 will find that Shae Vizla isn't an option, at least it wasn't on12/9/2023 at 4:04 pm US Mountain Time, and why. Why isn't it an option? According to the information EA referred me to, it has not been open for at least 90 day.

Edited by AFadedMemory

16 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

Why isn't it an option? According to the information EA referred me to, it has not been open for at least 90 day.

Where did EA themselves refer that to you? Was it in a message or an email or a phone call? Do you have a copy of said referral? 

And let’s be honest here, the server isn’t open yet. We all know that, which is why we are debating it & asking BS to open transfers. So why would you even try start the transfer process 🤦‍♀️.

45 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Where did EA themselves refer that to you? Was it in a message or an email or a phone call? Do you have a copy of said referral? 

https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/ This is a page form EA official help website. Under "how do I transfer my character" it tell me to login to my account at swtor.com, click character transfer, and read the information so I can be aware of requirements  Step 1-3 

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They only way, at least currently intended, to reach the character transfer page, and the requirement and restriction listed there, is to login to a personally account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be unwise and potentially illegal to generate a link to another person account, thus bypassing the login process.

Is there an official EA or BS material/website that list character transfer requirement and restrictions that doesn't require me to log in at swtor.com and click on character transfer? I don't know I haven't found one.

Also if the 90 day or more restriction was no longer policy/irrelevant it would be inappropriate to list/mention it in the official process.

45 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

And let’s be honest here, the server isn’t open yet. We all know that, which is why we are debating it & asking BS to open transfers. So why would you even try start the transfer process 🤦‍♀️.

To see what the Requirement and Restrictions are.

Edited by AFadedMemory

23 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/ This is a page form EA official help website. Under "how do I transfer my character" it tell me to login to my account at swtor.com, click character transfer, and read the information so I can be aware of requirements  Step 1-3 

They only way, at least currently intended, to reach the character transfer page, and the requirement and restriction listed there, is to login to a personally account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be unwise and potentially illegal to generate a link to another person account, thus bypassing the login process.

Is there an official EA or BS material/website that list character transfer requirement and restrictions that doesn't require me to log in at swtor.com and click on character transfer? I don't know I haven't found one.

Also if the 90 day or more restriction was no longer policy/irrelevant it would be inappropriate to list/mention it in the official process.

To see what the Requirement and Restrictions are.

We are going round in circles. Let’s just agree that the proper server transfer info is on the EA page. That you haven’t tried to transfer because why would you to a closed server 🤷🏻‍♀️. And that EA doesn’t state it needs to be 90 days open. That the only reference to that is an 11 year old reference buried on the swtor.com website for transfers relating to 2012.

If Broadsword want to open transfers there is no technical reason they can’t. And if they’d like to jump in here at anytime & clear this up, I’m sure we’d all welcome it so we can get on with playing the game instead of arguing on the forums.

7 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

We are going round in circles. Let’s just agree that the proper server transfer info is on the EA page. That you haven’t tried to transfer because why would you to a closed server 🤷🏻‍♀️. And that EA doesn’t state it needs to be 90 days open. That the only reference to that is an 11 year old reference buried on the swtor.com website for transfers relating to 2012.

If Broadsword want to open transfers there is no technical reason they can’t. And if they’d like to jump in here at anytime & clear this up, I’m sure we’d all welcome it so we can get on with playing the game instead of arguing on the forums.

If you are stating this as an opinion that's fine. If you're stating this as fact most of it is not true.

1. EA isn't doing the Character Transfer BS is. (They probable want to know and approve of polices and when they change including character transfer policy. like your have stress though, the policy hasn't change since 2012... )  Therefore it is more important to have the information on BS website, which it is. This statement is supported by the fact EA referenced an existing website rather then creating there our with the same information.  

If an EA policy states or suggest that all sever transfer restriction must be posted to an EA website in order to be valid please refer me to this information. It might be probable to strong arm bs to open transfers with that information. (not that I'm that invested in my legacy but someone might be)

2. I have attempted to transfer 6 maybe even 7 times in my research of this topic. If you had attempted one yourself, or followed EA character transfer steps, you would know that that Old Information is relevant. This is because a character transfer can't be initiated on the customer side, at least the intended way, without that page populating. (FYI when you get to the sever destination portion of this process there are two tabs to choose from North America, with 2 servers, and Europe with 3. No Asian Pacific tab available.)

I will agree that Broadsword technically can open up the server if they really wanted to and has valid reason to do so. I would also say there are valid reason for them not to though. That however isn't the purpose of the debate we were having.

Edited by AFadedMemory

@JackieKo 

I hear idea's are sought for letting this server survive any exit run.

These guys are looking for both sponsors and partners. How about visitors getting a free stronghold and a free animal mount? 🤔👍💯. Adopt an animal, and get SWTOR add rights next to the info sign with a stronghold code? https://www.australiazoo.com.au/about-us/our-sponsors/

Also I read the friend ref got cancelled years ago.

Reason? If people reffed their own alt accounts, a simple IP check sould solve this? Max ref per IP?

People do not play with VPN as PING might be terrible? Sending a unique SHA-ping unmasks all VPN btw...😎

Also reviving friends might be rewarded by 50CC or something? Only once a year, and max 3 friends to counter alt trolls?

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to chime in and give you all an update on where we stand with character transfers to the Shae Vizla server. 

• One of our top priorities is keeping the economy on the Shae Vizla server stable.
  • We are still evaluating Shae Vizla player populations and activity to determine the best timeframe to open transfers to/from the server. We're reviewing a variety of data points, including (but not limited to), credits obtained, characters created, current character levels, Achievements, and more.  

There is a lot we are learning about the economy and introducing millions or billions of credits will negate our ability to make any refinements. I want to let you all know about some of the topics we are discussing behind the scenes. 

One point I do want to address upfront, when we initially launched the server, we said we intended to open transfers at a later time. That is still a possibility, but based on the data and sentiment we are seeing around protecting the economy, there now exists possibilities of restricting what is transferred over or not doing transfers at all.

Achievements are a major aspect of our game and once transferred, a player’s entire Legacy is also moved, rendering many Achievements to already be accomplished. We are considering limiting or completely restricting the transfer of credits and/or item stacks. This will help address the significant concern about the economy, but it doesn't address Achievements, so we are discussing compromises.  

Again, we are still evaluating everything and when we are ready to make a call, we will be communicating that ahead of time before anything is implemented. We'll also be taking player feedback into consideration regarding how transfers are done. 

What we are going to do now is continue to monitor the behaviors we see on the Shae Vizla server over the holiday break. When we come back, we’ll continue our discussions around character transfers and communicate with players about our intentions before we make a final decision.

Thanks all and happy holidays!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, KeithKanneg said:

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to chime in and give you all an update on where we stand with character transfers to the Shae Vizla server. 

• One of our top priorities is keeping the economy on the Shae Vizla server stable.
  • We are still evaluating Shae Vizla player populations and activity to determine the best timeframe to open transfers to/from the server. We're reviewing a variety of data points, including (but not limited to), credits obtained, characters created, current character levels, Achievements, and more.  

There is a lot we are learning about the economy and introducing millions or billions of credits will negate our ability to make any refinements. I want to let you all know about some of the topics we are discussing behind the scenes. 

One point I do want to address upfront, when we initially launched the server, we said we intended to open transfers at a later time. That is still a possibility, but based on the data and sentiment we are seeing around protecting the economy, there now exists possibilities of restricting what is transferred over or not doing transfers at all.

Achievements are a major aspect of our game and once transferred, a player’s entire Legacy is also moved, rendering many Achievements to already be accomplished. We are considering limiting or completely restricting the transfer of credits and/or item stacks. This will help address the significant concern about the economy, but it doesn't address Achievements, so we are discussing compromises.  

Again, we are still evaluating everything and when we are ready to make a call, we will be communicating that ahead of time before anything is implemented. We'll also be taking player feedback into consideration regarding how transfers are done. 

What we are going to do now is continue to monitor the behaviors we see on the Shae Vizla server over the holiday break. When we come back, we’ll continue our discussions around character transfers and communicate with players about our intentions before we make a final decision.

Thank you for the update Keith! I think the easy answer is to let Legacy's transfer but no items or credits.  That removes the hassle for players who do not want to redo the same things for a 100th time (i.e. I am playing on Shae, but absolutely no chance i'm redoing all those datacrons again) without messing with the economy. Everything legacy related is either a QOL perk, cosmetic, or something achievement related, which has no impact I can tell on other players.  Let's not overthink it, this is the solution that works for everyone.  Happy Holidays!

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

Hi everyone, 

I totally agree with restricting credit transfers & I hope you go down that path. But if you don’t allow character transfers at all off the US servers with our Cartel market & legacy items to APAC, then it will be a massive mistake. Many of us were forced to those servers in the first place from the original APAC servers.

There are many actual Geolocated APAC players like myself who are waiting to play properly on the new servers. Some of us have 10 years worth of subscription & play time invested in characters & legacy that are stranded on the US servers. We do not want to start everything from scratch & it would show you don’t care about our loyalty to the game or the thousands of dollars some of us have spent with you on swtor. 

I dare say, without actually opening up character & legacy transfers. You will doom this new server to failure because that maybe the last straw for some of your most loyal APAC players. They will either stay on the US servers so they have all their stuff or they will quit the game in disgust. Either is bad for the new server & the community. 

Anyway, I really hope you are listening to the actual Geolocated APAC players & will do the right thing for us. 

Also wanted to wish you a Merry Xmas. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hi there,

Here are my thoughts. I've been really pushing content hard on Shae Vizla and trying to nurture/grow a viable APAC community and have run a lot of content across the entire game with many people. There are some things that definitely need a change.

I don't mind if transfers are restricted, but several things would have to change on Shae Vizla for that to be viable for the community. They are as follows:

ANTI-INFLATION MEASURES NEED ADJUSTING 

The key issue with the lack of credits on Shae Vizla is your anti-inflation measures are designed for an economy with hyper-inflation. They are completely out of sync with the credit generation on Shae Vizla and create extremely harsh gameplay loops that the playerbase is rapidly losing interest in doing. I'd say you need to address this urgently, as this ratio of time/effort/reward is causing many long-term players to lose interest in Shae Vizla and I am noticing a drop-off in attendance.

Although there are are many examples of this, here are the critical ones:

• Repair Bills. The single most urgent thing for you to address, by far. Wiping in a MM Operation is just impossible to sustain at the moment. In 344 gear, several wipes in an Operation (pretty standard stuff for MM / prog) is thousands upon thousands of credits, which is literally hours of gameplay heroic farming to generate. You can lose 4 hours of gameplay-generated credits in the space of 10 minutes. The ratio is completely out of sync. It is an extremely harsh and unsustainable loop, and people are losing interest in serious raiding on Shae Vizla until that is addressed. There is no just sustainable way to repair gear on Shae Vizla. People are not wanting to do content because of the repair bills and how it eats through the scraps of money they make. I was coordinating Operations (from SM to MM) many times a week on the first few weeks, and finding it hard (and also losing interest myself) in doing anymore due to the fact there's no credits for repair bills. You have to find a solution to this beyond all other things - because your anti-inflation measures are actually making people not want to do content.
  • Player Trading/Fees and The Guild Bank 30 day limit All of your measures to tax trades completely blow out any credit generation on Shae Vizla, and more urgently, are extremely hostile to new APAC players joining the game. Someone with zero experience in the game (and there are quite a few on SV who are new, check your data) just get any form of credit generation wiped out by taxes. People are GTN sniping as a result with friends, or having to wait until the 30 day period ends, etc, all of which are anti-pattern to good gameplay and community. It took days upon days to build up even handfuls of credits and they can be wiped out in an instant. 

There are many other examples, but those two above need an urgent solution if you decide to not open transfers.

Here is what I think would work:

- Open Transfers, but implement a lifetime cap for an account on how many credits can be transferred across. Something like 2B-4B per account. That would provide individuals a healthy amount of credits to set themselves up properly without blowing out economy.\

- Restrict what can be transferred across, not just a cap of credits. Enforce that NO hypercrates/cartel packs can be transferred. That's where the true hyper-inflation exists, the playerbase that have bays upon bays of hypercrates to use as currency.

- MAKE ANTI-INFLATION MEASURES SCALEABLE/MEDIAN BASED ON SERVER ECONOMY. The number one thing you have to fix; Shae Vizla having the same anti-inflation measures as the other servers is extremely anti-gameplay. I can assure you that many people, myself including, are rapidly losing interest due to being forced to run HOURS OF HEROICS to afford a SINGLE repair bill. This isn't extremely easy to resolve, but something has to be done. Some ideas are, a grace period for repair bills on the server? Or just completely reduce the amount and let it scale over time. Please please please find a solution.

- This is probably too cost-prohibitive to implement, but I do agree that not having a legacy has a certain charm to it. If you do open transfers , an option to not transfer Legacy and just a character with gear, etc would be amazing. I don't know how practical that is.

There are pro's and con's to opening transfers, but the single most critical thing you have to resolve urgently:

FIND A SOLUTION FOR REPAIR BILLS, IT'S CAUSING THE COMMUNITY TO SHRINK AND NOT DO CONTENT.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by ufion
  • Like 11

I think character transfers should be allowed but no credits or inventory - you should be allowed to travel naked (Terminator style!) and you should be allowed your account wide unlocks and legacy to move with you.

Some adjustment, as others have suggested, might need to be made to repairs and other fees on the new server which you are not neccessarilty trying to deflate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hillerbees said:

I think character transfers should be allowed but no credits or inventory - you should be allowed to travel naked (Terminator style!) and you should be allowed your account wide unlocks and legacy to move with you.

Some adjustment, as others have suggested, might need to be made to repairs and other fees on the new server which you are not neccessarilty trying to deflate.

And what about all the stuff we’ve collected for 10 years? You expect us to just leave it all?

Sorry, but that’s a deal breaker for me and many other APAC refugees. It would be nearly as bad as no transfers at all.

I can live without credits, but I will not abandon my items that I fairly paid for with either real money or time. And some items will never be seen again because they were date & time sensitive to collect. 

• Like 3

+1 for allowing transfers with some kind of credit/item cap so as not to destroy any semblance of economy.

+1 for adjusting the anti-inflation measures which are actually hurting more than helping. Not sure if this can be adjusted on a server-by-server basis though.

I feel for the server's population health you definately need a way to entice APAC players to transfer back from the US servers, without making it so that fresh players suddenly feel a major disadvantage.

Edited by ausmisc

5 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

One of our top priorities is keeping the economy on the Shae Vizla server stable.

Hi Keith, and ostensibly Jackie,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "stable?" For example, many players warned about an unstable economy when many items could literally not be sold on the GTN because they exceeded the GTN credit cap or required multiple direct player-player-trades because they exceeded the character credit cap.

With 7.4 and the multiple economic changes, the economy has pretty much "stabalized" on the live servers. There are hardly any items that can't be sold on the GTN or traded in a single transaction. 

So what does the dev team define as economic stability? 

I really don't think the economy is the #1 worry of the new server. You won't have an economy to salvage if you don't have any players.

Besides, haven't the implemented changes improved the economy on the old servers already? So even if everyone brings over tons of credits, it'll only get as bad as the other servers currently are - not as bad as things used to be.

It just feels like the only reason a new server was added was to test all the economy related changes in a fresh, controlled environment. Surely you wouldn't finally create a server for all the people on that side of the world, forcibly stranded on NA or EU servers, only to then force them to start from scratch? Like they haven't been playing the game for a decade like the rest of us?

Talk about disrespecting your players and their time. It just doesn't make sense in any way.

If this was just a testbed for (future) changes and fixes, for the economy or otherwise, it should've just been a server in the region with the most players (probably NA?). Right now, it's just a slap in the face for the people that would benefit from a server in the APAC region.

Either you care about giving APAC players their own place, or you care about "fixing" the in-game economy. But it's clear that both can't be done at the same time, simply because all the changes are extremely new-player unfriendly.. and everyone is a new player on a fresh server, so everyone suffers right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I have to say if there is a credit cap on transfers I'd be in full support! And this from someone who was initially against transfers. 

An item cap is iffy. Depends on what it is.  Huge stacks of endgame crafting mats? No. Hard to earn items like seeker droud armor, dread master crest, nim raiding mounts etc. Should transfer. As should strongholds. Decorations that character has unlocked.. etc.   I'm sure there's a solution that would be a fair one while still keeping the economy stable.  

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate how much dev communication has happened recently. 

Loving playing on the new server! Have one character to 80, currently grinding out gear from pvp and raiding, started 3 alts as well so double xp week will be busy haha! 

5 hours ago, ufion said:

- Open Transfers, but implement a lifetime cap for an account on how many credits can be transferred across. Something like 2B-4B per account. That would provide individuals a healthy amount of credits to set themselves up properly without blowing out economy.

Okay, I'm fine with most of your post but this, no more than 1 billion per account. Enough accounts bringing over more credits will destroy the economy faster than it takes to microwave a Poptart.

Though honestly I don't think people would complain about no transfers, or at least no credit transfers, if the idea about scalable anti-inflation was implemented.

Granted there are a few things I'm still unsure about since I have only recently spent any substantial time on SV, but I just joined a team over there and I'm going to be looking into options to help the team with credits for sure. Seems to be a big concern for them. I'll be using the gtn though, heroics and dailies aren't worth it for just money.

3 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you Keith! I am very relieved to hear that you guys are not rushing to open up character transfers. Definitely keen to keep our little server healthy. :) Please address the issues outlined by Ufion though! I admit I'll probably be more focused on endgame PvP and probably won't be rushing into endgame PvE cause of lack of credits.

Honestly, the only thing I'm missing on Shae Vizla are my deco's especially ones I've bought off the CM. Everything else, I'm happy to have stay on the NA servers as I'll still be playing on them anyway.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

Hi everyone, 

It's all sound good but at the moment you should reduce repair bills on SV at least x10 times untill server transfer will be open and do it immediately. 90% of ppl i know who would like to do hard PVE content (MM ops or even prog VM) reject to do so because of insane repair bills compared to credits accumulation.

Edited by Keetsune

18 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

We are considering limiting or completely restricting the transfer of credits and/or item stacks. This will help address the significant concern about the economy, but it doesn't address Achievements, so we are discussing compromises.

18 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

Achievements are a major aspect of our game and once transferred, a player’s entire Legacy is also moved, rendering many Achievements to already be accomplished

You mean the achievements we EARNED!

Let me see if I understand what you just said here, you said that all the people that transfer that have spent years on the game earning achievements are actually insignificant, because the devs want to keep what exactly, what are you even trying to protect here?
There are items we have that are not even available to re-earn, achievements that you can no longer earn etc, and some of those were paid for with real money.
You are singling out a new regional server to have special conditions attached to transfers (if you even allow them) where none have existed before, and where none exist for the rest of the world, and this one has no benefit to it at all besides maybe #$%^&*( off a lot of legacy players. 

Is this an APAC regional server or is it a fresh start server, because the way you are treating APAC players is extremely poor.
First you transferred us off our OCE servers despite an uproar after already merging them, without any limitations I might add, then you spent the next what 10 ish years ignoring us? 

Only to finally open another server in our region, where we could once again  play with a decent ping, the same as the rest of the player base,  but that wasn't good enough, you have to then go and put conditions on that, ie no server transfers, and then to add salt in the wounds you have the nerve to say welcome home, well it's not welcome home at all, our characters that we worked on for years despite being treated poorly are still on other servers, we are not allowed to transfer them, to a server that's supposed to be our regional server, whereas the entire rest of the game is allowed to transfer as they like, with minimal limitations.

You brought me back because of APAC servers, and despite not having transfers available at launch I was willing to play some new characters while I wait for them, but this, this is poor form indeed. I said I was going to unsub and I did, until someone pointed out to me that could be bad for us in the long run if the server wasn't earning, so I re-subbed, but after this I am going to unsub again, whether or not I come back after today will depend entirely on your decisions.

19 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

One point I do want to address upfront, when we initially launched the server, we said we intended to open transfers at a later time. That is still a possibility

Yes you did, that's how it was emailed to us and now you are saying that there is a good chance that's not going to happen, otherwise why even say there is a possibility that you wont.

There has been a lot of talk about credits transferring but (I think) I speak for most of us when I say if it was a choice between our credits and not transferring, I'd gladly leave them behind.

Judging on how many characters created, how is that even relevant when WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE!
Achievements should not even come into play as a thing you are trying to protect.

Again, is it a fresh start or a regional server, because no you can't have it both ways, this company has treated APAC players as second-class citizens for long enough.

And a fresh start server will have been far better placed on US and or EU servers where there are more players. 

I am not sure what you were trying to achieve with your post but if annoying us even further was the goal I'd say you succeeded.
To say I am flabbergasted by the poor form of this company on this topic is an understatement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm not even an APAC based player but I have been playing on the SV server and enjoying the fresh start experience and playing with the new community gathering on the server.

However, this server was not advertised as a fresh start server and was always expected to get transfers (personally I felt 90 days was fine, I know some others disagreed) so if they now don't allow them at all or don't allow them to transfer achievements and or items/credits from other servers that is a pretty big slap in the face to the APAC community who have been moved around to other servers over the years since the original APAC server closed.
Why should they be forced into abandoning all their achievements (a lot of which are no longer possible to get) and hard earned credits and items just so they can play on a server with decent ping again? I can tell you that after a month of playing with ping ranging from 300-500ms it can be pretty infuriating. 

Also, I think it's high time Strongholds were not tied to legacy but to account. On any current or future server I have no intention of paying around 100 million credits to re-unlock all the SHs I have access to on one server. 

If you want to do a fresh start server, great, do that. But you have to do it as that up front, no "we plan to open transfers at a later date" then pulling the rug out after a month. Create a new server, advertise it as a fresh start and let people decide if they want that or not before they commit their time and effort into the server only to find they'll never be able to bring their stuff over to it. 

If you do decide to create a fresh start server you also really need to find a way to scale back a lot of the inflation changes made to the other live servers. These measures are currently actively hampering the SV server pretty drastically.

• Like 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.