Rip pvp for another 6 months

septru

They totaly quit on pvp in this game, maybe this patch was already programed without any pvp change but they cold at least talk about the future and what they thinking to do to improve the stat off pvp but the silence killed me..I guess im done iff they dont adress this issue untill my sub end

• Like 2

They didn't address pvp but they did say any changes being made would be revealed in the patch notes. So doesn't mean there won't be balancing changes for example, but yeah nothing new on the horizon so definitely makes it feel like pvp is on maintenance mode if the entire game isn't...

• Like 1

The sad truth which we kind of have to accept is that to the Dev's PVP is an after thought mode. 

Someone can correct me cause I didn't watch the stream, but I don't think they even brought up the S4 Armors that you can preview right now. IT shows how little PVP matters. 

When PVP Seasons was dropped they didn't ask for feedback or anything, Granted they did take some Feedback on making Seasons less of a Pain with Reducing the Weeklies Req for Achievements, but still. 

Also why wasn't this the PVP armor for Season 4? It looks way better than the generic Helmet and Jacket we've seen copied and pasted over and over again. 

It is much easier for the Dev's to Copy Stuff from whatever Show is going on, and make it on the CM for the Space Barbie players. 

The unfortunate part is that just doing the bare basics to fix PVP would help, Limit Premades down to 4 People, Improve Team Balancing so that both teams have skilled and newbie players, Add Incentives for Vet and New PVP'ers to contribute like adding a Leaderboard/ Making PVP season a kind of mini ranked season, where top players get special rewards like Flairs, Titles, etc. 

There is a lot they can do to fix, but unfortunately the Dev's would rather make 1 1/2 hours of story content, and everyone claims its the greatest thing and that SWTOR is saved, when in Reality this game is a sad shadow of its former self.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Someone can correct me cause I didn't watch the stream, but I don't think they even brought up the S4 Armors that you can preview right now. IT shows how little PVP matters. 

They did mention it and said u could look at the new gear in Collections as it was released in the last patch, and they said season 5 stuff is going to be available for preview when 7.4 drops.

If they aren’t going to make any changes at all, then they’ll be lucky if PvP is even active in 6 months, even during seasons.
At the current decline in PvP population, it will most likely not even pop between seasons in 6 months.
It will be like it was on the old unused PvP servers before the mergers. People waiting hours for it to pop & then it only popping for an hour or 2 right in the middle of when primetime used to be. 

R.I.P PvP

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samcuu said:

They didn't address pvp but they did say any changes being made would be revealed in the patch notes. So doesn't mean there won't be balancing changes for example, but yeah nothing new on the horizon so definitely makes it feel like pvp is on maintenance mode if the entire game isn't...

Actually they said there were no announcements coming because seasons was locked in & automated. And things like class balance or bug fixes would just be added to patch notes. At no time did Musco mention other changes to PvP being done & added to patch notes. Which means we should not expect them to reduce premades back to 4 man or fix any of other part of the pvp eco system again. They’ve pretty much washed their hands with pvp & given the community a big middle finger 😔

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

And things like class balance or bug fixes would just be added to patch notes.

I dont think 4 man premades being reintroduced would be a big announcement tbh, 8 man premades were like a passing comment in the 7.0 live stream and nobody even knew it was intended until 7.0 dropped, wasn't even in the patch notes iirc. You are probably right it's not gonna happen but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a little blurb in the patch notes saying group limit has been reduced to 4. 

Regardless it doesn't bother me one bit having 8 man premades but I know that some ppl aren't fans and it will alleviate some of the worse farming matches I've been in, so hope they do it. 

3 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

The sad truth which we kind of have to accept is that to the Dev's PVP is an after thought mode. 

When PVP Seasons was dropped they didn't ask for feedback or anything, Granted they did take some Feedback on making Seasons less of a Pain with Reducing the Weeklies Req for Achievements, but still. 

Also why wasn't this the PVP armor for Season 4? It looks way better than the generic Helmet and Jacket we've seen copied and pasted over and over again. 

It is much easier for the Dev's to Copy Stuff from whatever Show is going on, and make it on the CM for the Space Barbie players. 

The unfortunate part is that just doing the bare basics to fix PVP would help, Limit Premades down to 4 People, Improve Team Balancing so that both teams have skilled and newbie players, Add Incentives for Vet and New PVP'ers to contribute like adding a Leaderboard/ Making PVP season a kind of mini ranked season, where top players get special rewards like Flairs, Titles, etc. 

There is a lot they can do to fix, but unfortunately the Dev's would rather make 1 1/2 hours of story content, and everyone claims its the greatest thing and that SWTOR is saved, when in Reality this game is a sad shadow of its former self.  

Just because they said nothing or did nothing about pvp? The naysayers and doombringers are out in force.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

25 minutes ago, Bigfallenstar said:

Just because they said nothing or did nothing about pvp? The naysayers and doombringers are out in force.

As Bigfallenstar has just said, just because they didn't address pvp in the live stream it doesn't mean that they cant actually address some of the things you are asking for above. Musco mentioned balance changes specifically and that they'll be in the patch notes. We will see how extensive they are, and if there are some good changes I think that's kind of addressing some of the stuff they can do around the edges to improve the experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

8 man premades were like a passing comment in the 7.0 live stream and nobody even knew it was intended until 7.0 dropped, wasn't even in the patch notes iirc

it was announced in a yellow post, which I assume was patch notes or earlier. I vividly remembering it as a reason to pay for an account and post (along with dissolution or rated). 😄 (that's not to say it wasn't slipped in under the radar, but it was announced a couple days/week before it went live).

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

If they aren’t going to make any changes at all, then they’ll be lucky if PvP is even active in 6 months, even during seasons.

you keep doing this. no. that's not the case. maybe ppl who pvp because they like pvp will disappear. you will (probably?) see grps like <reign without idea> still there as they don't really care about winning or difficulty/skill of opponents.  but I'm 100% certain that the fewer the number of players who know how to pvp are in the queue, the higher the number of SM space barbies will participate in said queue.

edit: not trying to pick a fight. more trying to point out that biosword isn't coding/designing for "you." they're doing it for the CM lemmings. and honestly, they seem to be doing that poorly too, b/c afaik 7.x has been a debacle from the beginning - all centering on a dearth of content (of any kind).

Edited by krackcommando
typos

59 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

more trying to point out that biosword isn't coding/designing for "you." they're doing it for the CM lemmings. and honestly, they seem to be doing that poorly too, b/c afaik 7.x has been a debacle from the beginning - all centering on a dearth of content (of any kind).

I don’t disagree with this. My point was PvP in this game will be dead for pvpers. But if the devs are targeting space barbies only with content or systems, then eventually PvP participation & game participation will die there too because who wants to spend time when half the people will just be AFKing to get the rewards while they watch TV. At that point, they may as well remove PvP altogether. 

2 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Just like they did with crafting and some are still optimistic about that.

i actually thought crafting in 1.x was fantastic. the ability to "discover" new schem combinations, no matter how wonky, was fun. but they turned crafting into something similar to the story mode wherein everyone does (practically) the same exact thing with the same exact scripts (combining all stories into the same streamlined story every patch).

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, krackcommando said:

was announced in a yellow post, which I assume was patch notes or earlier. I vividly remembering it as a reason to pay for an account and post (along with dissolution or rated). 😄 (that's not to say it wasn't slipped in under the radar, but it was announced a couple days/week before it went live).

The previous dev that was in charge of pvp mentioned it briefly in the live stream, but it wasn't completely clear what he meant. Ppl were theorizing it would be the case. Then a month later like 5 days before the patch dropped, Musco made a post explaining the reasoning behind ranked being removed and seasons replacing it where he never mentioned full 8 person groups. A few posts later Jackie posted a guide which did in fact confirm 8 person premades, but it was a throw away line in a large guide detailing all the changes. So I wouldn't necessarily classify it as being a major piece of news that a post was centered around, and it never appeared in the patch notes either. So I dont think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to change it and hardly make it a footnote in the large scheme of things going on in 7.4. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

I don't remember since it was a while ago, but were people able to group up into 8 man teams and queue on the 7.2 pts? It'd have to have been by sheer accident though since almost no one is on the pts, good luck getting a full 8 man ops group and the leader would have had to go on the pvp tab and see the queue options lit up and available, and even then probably thought it was likely a bug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1