Rip pvp for another 6 months

septru

3 hours ago, krackcommando said:

I don't think this is at all possible. it's a nice thing. like "end racism" or something. but no amount of legislation (rules changes) is going to ensure the AFKs get nothing in these medals systems. we've already seen the outcry when medal requirements were tightened. even when the outcry was understandable, giving into it only made it easier for ppl to "not contribute" while getting credit toward the seasonal objectives. /shrug

It was definitely a bad move reducing the medal requirement. They should have just reworked the medals like they eventually did & they should have put the medal requirement back up once they had.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Haha 1

They tried to "Remove toxicity" from PVP, by removing vote to kick. This in turn allows people to throw matches, troll, or just stand around doing nothing. Their team can't kick them. 

The Dev's dont realize Vote to kick served a purpose it forced the trolls/Throwers to contribute or be kicked from the match and have to go through the lockout timer. Nowadays there are known people who throw matches, one day a couple weeks ago I had two throwers a couple hours apart. 

I also honestly hate how the old ranked weapons can be bought with tokens, and those tokens can be earned by completing a track that doesn't Actually require you to PVP. 

Before 7.0, Ranked weapons were a status symbol, they were cool because the players who earned them were generally pretty good at PVP. Nowadays, I'll fight someone in PVP wielding them that is wet tissue paper in terms of skill, and the only reason they got it was because the Dev's let everyone get them now. 

Honestly though PVP is dead at this point, I tried to get into some matches last night and try and get some PVP in before my sub expires, and I was literally only able to get one match to pop. It wasn't premades clogging up the Q, it was literally so dead that it took that long. When me and my Guild buddies Q up together it takes as long if not longer to pop, one time we waited 15+ minutes for a match to pop. 

PVP Seasons 2 & 3, honestly had the best rewards, now Season 4 has this pilot oufit with the jacket, great its not like we have 15+ of those already, What would be so bad if we got the Purge Trooper inspired armor coming to CM that they showed off, oh wait it cuts into their CM sales, the only thing in this game that brings them money because everyone is unsubbing. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 8:19 AM, krackcommando said:

pvp needs seasons. it needs regular recurring events that last ~3 months with only 2-3 weeks between. rated needed this. regs need this. the concept of having seasonal pvp is a very good one (regardless of the existence of rated).

This is very true. There’s nothing bad about the pvp seasons system on a fundamental level. It’s actually quite a nice system I think. It’s a baseline thing with rewards that everyone can enjoy. The problem is they decided to add that and remove ranking at the same time which deleted any incentive to try to win games and put effort into improving at pvp. It’s an mmo, you have to reward that stuff. Quest completing faster is a joke. That lack of reward structure is the reason for a lot of the problems and toxicity right now. 

As a new player it’s absolutely mind boggling to me that they admitted they have the solution to a lot of this already designed and in place, it’s just hidden. Why on earth is this mmr system hidden? Just enable the hidden system to be shown as a cr and incorporate it to run with pvp seasons. Reward with something simple like titles at the end of the pvp season to say, the top 15,30,60 or even 25/50/75 percentile of players. Sure CM level armor sets would be great but fundamentally people just want something to hang their hat on and feel proud of their effort and time spent pvping trying to win. A broad percentile system and a displayed cr is an incentive to try without the toxicity of fighting for top 1-3 and much smaller percentiles. This will only have a positive impact on casual pvpers and will have no impact on non pvpers at all. 

Edited by SoyElSenado