Enjoying the lag?

Alericus

• 2 weeks later...

Since the cloud server transfer I've noticed so much more PvP lag - not just from objective ping numbers (which have also unfortunately increased for me) but also what seem to be serverside issues (teleportation, players appearing to walk into walls, entire GCDs not registering. Hope it's fixed up in a patch sooner than later.

Ohhhh boy lag in pvp matches came again, funny that..oh well names recorded..we will see what happens next match

hmm only lag in pvp matchs, never flashpoints, raids ops or game story.hmmmmmmmm

Edited by Alericus
  • Haha 1

what lag? i haven't experienced any change in connection quality whatsoever; it's exactly the same. nor has it for anyone i know/play with and we don't do anything but pvp. sounds like a personal connection, route, ISP problem, or perhaps you're just experiencing client lag.

Edited by psycoq

120ms has become the new normal vs. 30ms.

Its Swtor though so not expecting any fixes or even for it to be addressed. Not exclusive to PvP but does seem extra unstable there, have seen a lot of teleporting/freezing/dc's since the move. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 4:33 AM, Alericus said:

Ohhhh boy lag in pvp matches came again, funny that..oh well names recorded..we will see what happens next match

Are you accusing them of lag switching because you can't hit them since you're clicking all your abilities? Because I promise you that nobody in this game is lag switching and even the thought of someone doing that is absolutely insane. Like... think about it - how would that work? Like from a technical PoV? What could be is that they are abusing d-sync but you can do that too, its fair game at the end of the day. 

8 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

Are you accusing them of lag switching because you can't hit them since you're clicking all your abilities? Because I promise you that nobody in this game is lag switching and even the thought of someone doing that is absolutely insane. Like... think about it - how would that work? Like from a technical PoV? What could be is that they are abusing d-sync but you can do that too, its fair game at the end of the day. 

I agree for the most part but I've still seen some pretty sketch things in my time. Like two years ago there was this regstar guild that couldn't plant in voidstar and literally everyone on my team spiked to 700 ms exactly and when it came back down the bomb was planted and most of our team was dead. It was the most obvious one I've ever seen but other then that I've never seen anything.

• 3 weeks later...

In certain arena matches I have such bad lag that every second GCD is wasted, my skills would not activate, yet the GCD animation triggers. It has never happened to me since launch, only last few weeks. This is totally inconsistent, I either don't experience it at all or the whole arena is wasted.

the only consistent or even noticeable lag I have experienced since returning in 7.2 is in open world and instanced "solo heroics" while speed leveling my characters. the animation lag on my jugg is beyond reasonable, and I have zero explanations for what's going on since (at least by comparison) 7.x pvp is butter smooth.

so no. I don't have lag issues either from bad actors or bad game design (outside of the well documented leap and roll desync). I am, however, alarmed at by the 1-2 second animation lag while on solo quests both inside personal instances (yikes!) and open world quests. wth is up with that?

1 hour ago, varietasplus said:

In certain arena matches I have such bad lag that every second GCD is wasted, my skills would not activate, yet the GCD animation triggers. It has never happened to me since launch, only last few weeks. This is totally inconsistent, I either don't experience it at all or the whole arena is wasted.

its called ghost gcds, first happened in 6.something, nothing you can do. Got bug report plenty of times devs didn't care, so the players also stopped caring

I've NEVER had lag with SWTOR until very recently. Today I had some reasonably disruptive sticking and rubber-banding, which surprised me. It stopped after a bit, but I really hope it isn't going to get worse or more frequent. :(

Edit:- For clarity, this wasn't in PvP this was questing about out in the world. Apols if I posted here erroneously, I just saw a comment in the 'latest' column and wanted to respond.

Edited by Jazulfi

I wonder if this could be players using the new AMD anti-lag+ settings on their graphics cards? I know this game doesn’t officially support it. And other online games auto cheat systems have been auto banning players using it because it injects code into the games .DLL files. And even though this isn’t a cheat, I could see swtor’s server engine struggling to make sense of it. Which might cause lag type effects for other players. The dates do sort of correspond for when it was released, then removed by AMD & then re:released again 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

I wonder if this could be players using the new AMD anti-lag+ settings on their graphics cards? I know this game doesn’t officially support it. And other online games auto cheat systems have been auto banning players using it because it injects code into the games .DLL files. And even though this isn’t a cheat, I could see swtor’s server engine struggling to make sense of it. Which might cause lag type effects for other players. The dates do sort of correspond for when it was released, then removed by AMD & then re:released again 🤷🏻‍♀️

possible but its interesting because its only ever in pvp, not story, flashpoint or ops..just pvp where the existence of it has a strong impact on outcome of the match. and as always a few days after I reported it just stops

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Returned  to the game few weeks ago and indeed lag in some matches is so bad dcd dont register/people dissapear into ground. Had a match where player was hitting me from textures.

Was wondering if its caused by bad connection/other software issues. I am using Asus Rog laptop and there might be the cause too.  

8 hours ago, Nova_Orre said:

Returned  to the game few weeks ago and indeed lag in some matches is so bad dcd dont register/people dissapear into ground. Had a match where player was hitting me from textures.

Was wondering if its caused by bad connection/other software issues. I am using Asus Rog laptop and there might be the cause too.  

When you were being attacked from the textures, would you say the person was positioned under the ground or within a wall? 

cant tell, it was both near stairs/ground level. i could see some animation happning but not until i got to 50%. 

had people attack me from a wall too, but unlike  mystery floor attack, i saw them run into it and it was hutt ball map anyway

59 minutes ago, Nova_Orre said:

cant tell, it was both near stairs/ground level. i could see some animation happning but not until i got to 50%. 

had people attack me from a wall too, but unlike  mystery floor attack, i saw them run into it and it was hutt ball map anyway

Hard to say exactly what it was then. Could be actual lag, could be the desync some classes cause in Hutt Ball or it could be a wall hack where players can sink into walls & floors. I’ve not seen the last thing for many years. Not since the devs supposedly added a death field area if players go into walls or floors. 

21 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Hard to say exactly what it was then. Could be actual lag, could be the desync some classes cause in Hutt Ball or it could be a wall hack where players can sink into walls & floors. I’ve not seen the last thing for many years. Not since the devs supposedly added a death field area if players go into walls or floors. 

No. I dont thukk its hack, it doesnt look like lag caused by outdated pc, i can tell because i used to play on really old laptop and it was closer to ossus wb type of lag.

What im having now is choppy teleports instead of people running and walls/floors as i mentioned

11 minutes ago, Nova_Orre said:

No. I dont thukk its hack, it doesnt look like lag caused by outdated pc, i can tell because i used to play on really old laptop and it was closer to ossus wb type of lag.

What im having now is choppy teleports instead of people running and walls/floors as i mentioned

Sounds like desync. How much is your ping to the server?

ask yourself and this is where video is good, did the "desync" the "choppiness" the sink into walls/floors or sudden leaps..was it you doing it or the enemy ball carrier? Ive always found about 98% of the convenient instances of lag seem to benefit 1 team over another. I played beta I know what it looks like when the game is just getting started. Dont take my word for it report it let the team figure it out. I think if you are paying attention youll notice a lack of certain players after that for a certain amount of time.......

• Haha 1

There was a bug where if u did something before or after taking a pop (not exactly sure how it was executed) u could be in the floor of voidstar and u could attack ppl but not be targeted. I've only seen it happen once and that was a several months ago, possible it got patched. It's very possible some version of that bug is back with the new patch because we all know how stuff gets broken in hero engine with the slightest change in the game.