Satele Shan and Star Forge servers moving over to the cloud!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

We are moving into the final stage of migrating the last two servers over to the cloud! Details below.

Date: September 20th
Time: 7am CT / 12pm UTC
Expected downtime: 6 hours

For this rollout, players should expect for all servers to remain offline for the duration of the maintenance window. This is to account for additional testing on every server to ensure that all servers behave and perform cohesively and there are no interruptions to the player experience. 

As always, we will be posting in relevant threads with updates on when the servers will be taken down and when they are brought back up. 

Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Dev Post

Good morning, everyone!

We will be taking down servers in approximately 15 minutes to begin migrating Satele Shan and Star Forge over to the cloud. Please remember that expected downtime is 6 hours for all servers this time around. I'll provide updates here as I get them. 

Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• JackieKo unpinned and unlocked this topic

Might just be me and my potato computer, but I've had to force close the Launcher twice already. It gets stuck on "Checking for Update". Third time launching the launcher worked. I have this issue nearly every day since last patch.

Edited by Saeten
update

47 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Might just be me and my potato computer, but I've had to force close the Launcher twice already. It gets stuck on "Checking for Update". Third time launching the launcher worked. I have this issue nearly every day since last patch.

You need to read  both my reply and OwenBrooks'  reply in your other thread--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931264-daily-launcher-issues/?do=findComment&comment=9778553

( if you haven't already )

I don't know if this is related to the cloud move, but it might because the mission was working on Monday. The mission Tower Core on Oricon is now bugged. I  enter the story area, disable the three terminals, and the shield around the core doesn't drop, so the encounter with the tower commander can't be started.

5 hours ago, Jelina said:

Have been unable to gain access to game through launcher for almost a week now on steam and from direct download & install. Error message continues as "The login service is currentlyunavailable."

Have you read  every post within this entire related sticky thread yet? --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929433-launcher-issues-troubleshooting-steps-updates/

14 hours ago, vadess said:

I don't know if this is related to the cloud move, but it might because the mission was working on Monday. The mission Tower Core on Oricon is now bugged. I  enter the story area, disable the three terminals, and the shield around the core doesn't drop, so the encounter with the tower commander can't be started.

This happened to one of my characters quite some time ago.  I'm sorry that I can't remember how I resolved it though, just that I did end up resolving it somehow.   You may want to try  resetting the mission and doing it again.  I know, a real pain.

I successfully completed all the Oricon dailies on both Republic and Empire faction toons yesterday so your bugged Tower Core mission on Oricon doesn't seem to be a universal issue post-transition to the cloud.

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Have you read  every post within this entire related sticky thread yet? --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929433-launcher-issues-troubleshooting-steps-updates/

Indeed I have to include several other things that led me to execute some troubleshooting actions. Thank you for point that out.

My problem however I believe was somehow related with my OS, as after performing an OS reinstallation I was able to login once again.

Wish I could tell you exactly what was the issue.

• Like 1

I'm on Satele Shan.  The game has become incredibly unstable for me now.  Switching to/from windowed mode with Alt + Tab or the menu crashes the game more than half the time.  Any sort of loading screen - a crash is likely.  It's unplayable now.  Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by starschwar

38 minutes ago, starschwar said:

I'm on Satele Shan.  The game has become incredibly unstable for me now.  Switching to/from windowed mode with Alt + Tab or the menu crashes the game more than half the time.  Any sort of loading screen - a crash is likely.  It's unplayable now.  Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, it is a little buggy at times on both Star Forge and Satele Shan. Like DM, it will probably take a few days to work itself out and then it should be more or less back to normal.

9 hours ago, AlacrityFitzhugh said:

Been seeing a lot of huge lag spikes since SS moved to the cloud, occasionally getting dumped. I'm in the PNW, if that matters.

That happened with the European servers as well. The lag spikes did settle down eventually but I did end up with a significantly worse ping even though the route seems to be the same. In addition, I also see worse ping during European off-hours than during "prime-time". It has been consistently that way since the lag spikes settled down. It seems to be some sort of "burn-in" with the new servers.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.