hey EA: it's time to attract the 'masses' and let BioWare intro 2 new CLASSES!

Nee-Elder

As of today,  ESO now has not 1 not 2 but 3 brand new Classes introduced in past few years ( Warden, Necromance, and now Arcanist ) .

Yet we here at SWTOR have had exactly....zero. :(

'Combat styles' was not only a deceptive disappointment ( from a certain point-of-view ) but also just a stop-gap replacement for the previous  "then go make an ALT!"  placating talking point.

Heck, this is Star Wars for broom-boy's sake!  Let us have a 9th & 10th Class ( aka 1 new Class with it's factional mirror ) and while you're at it how about a 3rd "neutral" Faction too?!?!

From a sheer SW archetype perspective, maybe something like....ohhhh i dunno.....a combo Crafter/Combatant like..... 

*Starpilot* ( Republic ) and  *Spacestriker* ( Imperial ) ,

with  *HUTT* being the 3rd faction augmented tier.

( These could also finally give @EricMusco & BioWare the legit reason to acknowledge GSF's existence and start developing it again for PVE missions & free-open-explore zones & space-mining, etc. )

EXPAND THE GAME, before there's no game left to expand.

:ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: forgot about Necromance, so that's THREE new Classes for ESO and still ZERO for SWTOR ugh!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WoW, ESO, and FFXIV have all added new classes over their expansions (btw ESO has added warden, arcanist AND necromancer while SWTOR has added nothing).

But then again, in those games an expansion means an actual EXPANSION of the game.

In SWTOR, an expansion simply means 'we finally have about an hour or so of new content - assuming you don't spacebar, so we'll call it an expansion, raise the level cap, and reset gear'.

Of course, an expansion in SWTOR is also 'free' compared to $40-$50 in those other games, so we do get what we pay for (though I would gladly pay for a REAL expansion with new planets on the scale of original planets like Alderaan or Hoth, significant new stories, new classes, multiple new operations, new maps / updates for other game modes, etc).

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the OP's contention that the suggestion in question would attract the masses, many times over the years I've seen people on these forums wishfully connect dots that aren't there between a given poster's desire to see feature xyz introduced and the worn-out ploy that Bioware introducing such would bring about more subscribers or more interest in the game.

Difficult to garner interest in a game when people don't know about it. Aggressive advertising would do more good than introducing any feature, no matter how supposedly slick or neat that feature might be.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

Regarding the OP's contention that the suggestion in question would attract the masses, many times over the years I've seen people on these forums wishfully connect dots that aren't there between a given poster's desire to see feature xyz introduced and the worn-out ploy that Bioware introducing such would bring about more subscribers or more interest in the game.

First, you don't like me , which is fine of course cuz these are random lol forums & all, but please don't  twist my OP.   I never once stated that "my" personal  particular GSF-themed  Class desires themselves would specifically "attract the masses" .  ( Although i do believe a signifcant amount of SW fans would indeed enjoy what i proposed.   It's not like i proposed anything that drastic nor out in left-field though lol jeez )

What i did say, in the very TITLE of my thread, is that  ( theoretically ) 2 new Classes---in the general abstract sense---could  attract more players by expanding the game.  Just like it did/does for ESO and pretty much every MMO in history.

Hardly a radical concept btw.

33 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

Difficult to garner interest in a game when people don't know about it.

Aggressive advertising would do more good than introducing any feature,

Why not  BOTH?

( no need to reply, since no matter what i say you'll just contradict it anyway ;) )

11 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

I target ideas, not people.

uh-huh, :rolleyes: .

So ok, for fun forum discussion here,  if that's really true, then lemme get this straight: You're  against expanding the game with 2 new Classes?

cuz  THAT is "my" idea, for the record. 

( the rest of my OP is just my personal wish/desire/suggestion , if i were  BW Dev.   But never once did i claim nor proclaim MY own personal specific opinion would attract the masses.  Only the initial abstract general concept. ---  And again, even if i did presume to oppress these poor helpless readers with my own idea of Space classes, is that really so awful of an idea in a dang STAR WARS game?!?!!?   Wow, ok then. :ph_lol: )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: i never should've taken his bait

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

if that's really true, then lemme get this straight: You're  against expanding the game with 2 new Classes?

What I am for or against in this game, in the context of my original reply to your post, regarding the content of my message in that post, has no bearing on that post.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

What I am for or against in this game, in the context of my original reply to your post, regarding the content of my message in that post, has no bearing on that post.

ah a non-answer, so then it was just about ME.

That's what i thought.

Moving on then....

Edited by Nee-Elder

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

As of today,  ESO now has not 1 not 2 but 3 brand new Classes introduced in past few years ( Warden, Necromance, and now Arcanist ) .

'Combat styles' was not only a deceptive disappointment ( from a certain point-of-view ) but also just a stop-gap replacement for the previous  "then go make an ALT!"  placating talking point.

Heck, this is Star Wars for broom-boy's sake!  Let us have a 9th & 10th Class ( aka 1 new Class with it's factional mirror ) and while you're at it how about a 3rd "neutral" Faction too?!?!

From a sheer SW archetype perspective, maybe something like....ohhhh i dunno.....a combo Crafter/Combatant like..... 

( These could also finally give @EricMusco & BioWare the legit reason to acknowledge GSF's existence and start developing it again for PVE missions & free-open-explore zones & space-mining, etc. )

I liked your idea of the sandbox stuff ... but not this one!  Neither the star pilot  nor the Hutt  (especially the Hutt)!  This is particularly due to the limited version of pilot stuff currently in game.  MAYBE if there was adequate content available ... not on a rail ...  more open combat stuff ... MAYBE!

IMO we do need another class or two ...

Tell ya what !  I'd go along with the star pilot idea (with a LOT more content to support it) if we could get another class added to both the Republic and the Imperials.  (Hmmm  I wonder where we could find another suggestion to fit that ?????)  😇

IMO .. I doubt that EA wants to support what we have now let alone adding to SWTOR the way it should be!

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I liked your idea of the sandbox stuff ... but not this one!  Neither the star pilot  nor the Hutt  (especially the Hutt)! 

I'd go along with the star pilot idea (with a LOT more content to support it) if we could get another class added to both the Republic and the Imperials.

You probably missed the part where i stated the 2 new 'pilot' Classes i offered ( as just one example ) would be a combination of Crafters AND Combatants.  As in, they wouldn't be confined only to Space flight.

i think people are confusing my specific personal suggestions with the overall general concept. ( aka title of my thread )

i blame myself, for a poorly articulated OP i typed out of fandome.

i'm also, quite honestly, very sad ( in a gamer sense ) that i can't even suggest totally basic lore-driven SPACE ideas in a STAR Wars game without getting flamed.

No one likes the specific idea of adding more SPACE into a game called Star Wars?!?!   No one likes the general notion that this game could use 2 new Classes and/or a 3rd Faction?!?!  And my merely suggestion such is now something to be shunned & ridiculed ( or worse, ignored ) ?!?!?!

It's truly baffling to me, tbqh.

Furthermore, i find it utterly disappointing that i can't even remotely imply this game would yes attract more players :eek: if it had 2 fresh NEW Classes and maybe 1 NEW 3rd Faction ( again, totally lore-driven and SW canon ) .   Oh gosh how controversial.

Edited by Nee-Elder

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

You probably missed the part where i stated the 2 new 'pilot' Classes i offered ( as just one example ) would be a combination of Crafters AND Combatants.  As in, they wouldn't be confined only to Space flight.

i think people are confusing my specific personal suggestions with the overall general concept. ( aka title of my thread )

i blame myself, for a poorly articulated OP i typed out of fandome.

i'm also, quite honestly, very sad ( in a gamer sense ) that i can't even suggest totally basic lore-driven SPACE ideas in a STAR Wars game without getting flamed.

No one likes the specific idea of adding more SPACE into a game called Star Wars?!?!   No one likes the general notion that this game could use 2 new Classes and/or a 3rd Faction?!?!  And my merely suggestion such is now something to be shunned & ridiculed ( or worse, ignored ) ?!?!?!

It's truly baffling to me, tbqh.

Furthermore, i find it utterly disappointing that i can't even remotely imply this game would yes attract more players :eek: if it had 2 fresh NEW Classes and maybe 1 NEW 3rd Faction ( again, totally lore-driven and SW canon ) .   Oh gosh how controversial.

WOAH!!!  DUDE!!!

**  First of all ... chill !  I'm not coming down on you at all  ( I even took the time to send you a PM!)
** YES !!!  1000 times YES !!! WE could use some more in game class(s) (please note the play on word ...class) 😉

** Simply throw a few questions or more points to ponder for the old man to hash over!  I'm game!

IMO .. If we (or the development team) aim at nothing .. then we will hit a prefect bullseye every time!  (You'll get that ....eventually)  

Kick the tires and light the fires!  DO IT !!

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

I like the idea to be honets with you but let's be real ESO is a very steam line mmorpg while SWTOR is not. It lacks so many things that i am not even try to list it to make it a better mmorpg. (cuz devs dont care at all and when you voice your opnion you get banned fromt witch, from the forum, and even from the game) 

• Sad 1

I'm all in for that kind of expansion.

New clases: yes, Yes! and YES!!!! Long overdue.

Space expansion with for GSF, Explorarion and mining: Sure, why not? This is Star Wars!!!!

3rd Faction: I'm all for it. But they had a big chance of it with oddesen backed by the eternal fleet and they they blew it with the traitor arc.

Personally, i also would like a complete crafting overhaul.

And for the story expansion: Please stop with vertical story content. One thing i like about ESO is how you can play whatever expansion you want, no need to farm all on the same character to play the latest, you can actually start from the latest. By just having many available options of story anyone can choose what to play.

That way i think is a decent hybrid: those that prefer the theme park have stories to play, and those that prefer sandbox can choose IF and WITCH to do.

What is the point of having this massive Vertical story content that on each passing update it even looses the personalization that used to be one of their pillars? We got class story status and title only te be removed from our ranks in most cases and our late titles become an anecdote. We got to choose to be a leader or a new despot only for that to be ignored, we got a massive fleet to be considered an actual 3rd faction in the galaxy but were forced to choose sides and the and then our fleet is turned to space junk. Just finish the current storyline and let us move on however we want.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

--more advertising would outweigh any other one thing they could do.

i asked this earlier ( to the X poster ) but got no response , so i'm gonna ask you now:  Why would you imply those 2 things must be mutually exclusive?

Content worthy of STAR WARS brand  should be proud of and therefore adverti$ed with vigor, no?

Surely BioWarEA  wouldn't be so foolish as to add something as umm "radical" as 2 new classes ( Space themed or otherwise ) and then not push big advertisements along with it.

Unless....nah, i don't want to indulge conspiracy theories here.

Edited by Nee-Elder

51 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i asked this earlier ( to the X poster ) but got no response , so i'm gonna ask you now:  Why would you imply those 2 things must be mutually exclusive?

Content worthy of STAR WARS brand  should be proud of and therefore adverti$ed with vigor, no?

Surely BioWarEA  wouldn't be so foolish as to add something as umm "radical" as 2 new classes ( Space themed or otherwise ) and then not push big advertisements along with it.

Unless....nah, i don't want to indulge conspiracy theories here.

Better yet ... Why on earth would someone flirt so dangerously with messin' up such a golden opportunity to make tons of $$$$$, improve their image, and simply have one of the best followings in the industry (aside from WoW and FF XIV)?   I mean this in the general sense of the word! (Let alone OP statement).  

And we consistently see soooo many cases where said opportunities have been pushed aside.  IMO if it were not for the latest story release of the Mandalorian series ...  "stick a fork in it!  This game is done!"

And to be perfectly clear ... I WISH this were not the case!  

Soooo many opportunities ...  Soooo many possibilities!  Soooo much potential! 

With the popularity of the Mandalorian series right now ...  (I'm still waiting to see if there is a Krayt Dragon elite mob requiring at least 15+ players to take on).

Yeah ... probably should leave those conspiracy theories alone  (for now at least).

6 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

WoW, ESO, and FFXIV have all added new classes over their expansions (btw ESO has added warden, arcanist AND necromancer while SWTOR has added nothing).

But then again, in those games an expansion means an actual EXPANSION of the game.

In SWTOR, an expansion simply means 'we finally have about an hour or so of new content - assuming you don't spacebar, so we'll call it an expansion, raise the level cap, and reset gear'.

Of course, an expansion in SWTOR is also 'free' compared to $40-$50 in those other games, so we do get what we pay for (though I would gladly pay for a REAL expansion with new planets on the scale of original planets like Alderaan or Hoth, significant new stories, new classes, multiple new operations, new maps / updates for other game modes, etc).

Applause !!!!

Right on!!

3 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Difficult to garner interest in a game when people don't know about it. Aggressive advertising would do more good than introducing any feature, no matter how supposedly slick or neat that feature might be.

You think only people that currently play swtor are the people that knows about it? How do you measure?

Players? You may be in SWTOR most of your time, all year long but SWTOR has a core of casual players that come and go.

Content Creators? Several ('more popular') ones play SWTOR from time to time, they just don't stick to it. There is no innovation, there is nothing in it that would attract their viewers as much.

I dare you to go to any MMO and start talking about SWTOR. Let us know how many people would have reactions like 'What? there is a Star Wars MMO? How did i not knew about that?'

43 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

--more advertising would outweigh any other one thing they could do.

On this i have to disagree with you. Marketing in the wrong hands can backfire. Good avertisement could be good but doing things right and letting the right people know about it would be better.

BW/EA decided to spend millions in Marketing for LotS, it was oficially promoted across the globe in more languages than what SWTOR supports only for them to then one week later anounce they will not meet deadline by 2 months and will even lunch with less than the (already few) intended content.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Balameb said:

On this i have to disagree with you. Marketing in the wrong hands can backfire. Good avertisement could be good but doing things right and letting the right people know about it would be better.

BW/EA decided to spend millions in Marketing for LotS, it was oficially promoted across the globe in more languages than what SWTOR supports only for them to then one week later anounce they will not meet deadline by 2 months and will even lunch with less than the (already few) intended content.

I mean, this wasn't really the fault of the marketing team lol they did their best but had erroneously assumed they could rely on the game devs to actually meet the deadline they had agreed to. That showed them :rak_01:

You know, there's a lot of times on this forum when I think players must be talking past each other because it seems like there's something you all keep missing and it creates a skewed perspective. Would more classes be great? Yes. Do I think this studio can achieve this goal efficiently and effectively? Hell no. A few weeks ago we were talking about increasing game difficulty. Same answer: more difficulty would be nice but since I don't trust bioware to do it well or quickly I'm going by the assumption that it's pointless to consider it even as a hypothetical. What we can rely on is what the game looks like right now, the current content and mechanics. Anything else they add is a nice surprise because my expectation of bioware's abilities to do literally anything at all is incredibly low. 

Whereas advertising isn't dependent on the devs, except of course in the above example when they wildly oversold themselves on the level of Star Citizen. Anything that can, in theory, work without the devs' involvement (or the community manager for that matter) is something I can rest my fragile hopes on.  

Edited by Ardrossan
  • Like 3

I’ll say that even though this is Star Wars, I don’t play it for the space battles.  I do the original space missions sometimes and GSF occasionally. While I wouldn’t mind them expanding on things to do in space, I worry they wouldn’t be able to do it right. Either due to limitations of the game engine or them doing it and messing it up.  How well it was done could make or break it in terms of enough people participating to make it worthwhile. 
I have to ask because I’m not sure if you are talking about origin stories or combat styles when you say classes? I’m guessing you mean combat styles but would like to be shire. I would like more combat styles. Not sure how pilot combat styles would work even with a space xpac. Not saying it couldn’t be done, just can’t quite see it. 
The third neutral faction I doubt they will ever do. The alliance was a perfect opportunity to introduce one but they went back to Imp vs Pub. They also seem pretty set on going that route. Not opposed to a neutral faction but definitely would oppose them being able to cross play with Pub or Imps. That could cause more problems with finding groups with any of the factions also. 
I do think more advertising would be good and new combat styles would probably draw in more people but not sure it would draw in that many new players.  Returning players, most definitely. I’ve never been tempted to try a new MMO just because they added new classes.  Just my opinion though. 

• Like 2

While not in accord with your "class" choices, Nee-Elder, I would love something akin to the blaster stance in Jedi Survivor with a right hand saber or sword/left hand pistol fencer buccaneer combat style.  Besides that, I'm right with you on making a third neutral faction. Maybe not Hutt but just a straight up freelancer. Actually, imagine if we had a similar system like SWG. You could queue as combatant for either faction. Touching on this deeper. We can add hostility parameters based on your reputation like if you help the Nightsisters then the Singing mountain clan would hunt you kinda of thing.  I feel like this modern swtor dev team could use a little inspiration from SWG. 

9 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

I can't speak for the other games, but WoW's estimated total revenue is apparently around $14,000,000,000 (there's a reason everyone tried to copy its format), which honestly seems a little low to me (they were making around $2,000,000,000 per year in their prime, but that was a long time ago).

As of about three years ago, SW:TOR's total revenue was rather vaguely 'approaching $1,000,000,000' per EA's earning call.

This revenue discrepancy gets even worse when you realize that while Blizzard owns the Warcraft IP, EA/Bioware has to pay Disney/Lucasfilm a cut of every dollar they make:  I don't know how much this licensing fee is (the only SW licensing fee I could find a while back was 20% for physical toys), but the exclusive electronic game license EA had until this year probably wasn't cheap...

Now, considering this game had over two million subscribers at launch, most of whom probably averaged about six months of subscriptions, a good quarter or more of that 'approaching $1,000,000,000' of income was probably made in that first year (remember, the base game was $40 for the basic version), which means the annual revenue since then is presumably around $75,000,000 at best:  This might sound like a lot to you or me, but that's before they actually pay any of their bills (including that pesky licensing fee) and post whatever profit margins are mandatory to keep the game from being shut down.

I guess what I am trying to say is:  Asking why this game doesn't have any new classes like those other games is kinda like asking a poor family why they have an old clunker for a car.

9 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

1. Creating a new class + mirror presumably means writing two new 1-50 storylines (roughly 10x the story content of a normal expansion) and altering every 'vanilla' world to accommodate them (gotta squeeze in all the necessary characters and instances), plus you need voice tracks for all of this and the new storyline companions (who probably need to be added to the Eternal expansions).
  2. Crafting and Piloting are two places this game just doesn't want to go, and for decent reasons.
    1. Crafting is just problematic in a 'casual' game like this as it often calls for a more 'dedicated' mindset, which is why they tried to make it 'optional' in SWTOR (they definitely messed up with the color crystals at launch, though).
    2. All our characters are pilots, so I'm not exactly certain what you mean by this.  If you want more piloting content, well, that's not what this game is built for.
  3. Adding a new Faction is pure madness:  The sheer amount of work this would take is really approaching the 'just make an entirely new game' level.
    1. Honestly, I don't know if there is a problem in the game that can't be made worse by adding a third faction.
    2. The need to have a third faction somehow fit into the ongoing war storyline would be an issue.
  4. I suspect GSF is exactly where they want it to be:  It's a PvP game that isn't impacted by character nerfs, buffs, levels, or new equipment, so they can just let it run on it's own without devoting lots of (or any, really) resources into fixing or fine-tuning it.
    1. That being said, 3D space combat is a very different game and many SWTOR players (like me) don't really appreciate it, so the Return on Investment for expanding it is probably not very good.

Edited by Ominovin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

I’ll say that even though this is Star Wars, I don’t play it for the space battles. 
I have to ask because I’m not sure if you are talking about origin stories or combat styles when you say classes?

To your 1st quoted sentence:  I wasn't trying to imply you ( or anyone ) should be forced or required to enjoy SPACE in this game ( even though it is practically half of 'Star Wars'  :sy_starship: ) .  I was merely offering that BioWare should provide more Space options, expansion, exploration, etc, etc.

To your 2nd quoted sentence:  See my reply to 'Ominovin' just below....

2 hours ago, Ominovin said:

Creating a new class + mirror presumably means writing two new 1-50 storylines (roughly 10x the story content of a normal expansion) and altering every 'vanilla' world to accommodate them (gotta squeeze in all the necessary characters and instances), plus you need voice tracks for all of this and the new storyline companions

i should've been more clear in my OP , but again i was clouded by my own enjoyment & excitement for more dynamic potential in this, as of now, only remaining  modern/recent STAR WARS mmorpg. :cool:

So, while of course i would love a perfectly funded world where 2 new Classes ( 1 really, plus it's mirror )  could have totally fresh origin stories & such,  i'm also not quite as delusional as everyone may think.  In other words:  these 2 new Classes ( my ideas or whatever ) would be truncated versions of the original 8 Classes.  Such that  they would more be like "side" Classes but not as minimal as 'styles'  ( more like how new Species can be chosen )  because  in my opinion the fun would be creating a brand new character from scratch.

Sure, obviously there would have to be some level of investment & infrastructure  to their designs, but otherwise the 2 new Classes would essentially be coded to just transition directly into ALL existing non-origin/post-level-50  stories & content ( like purple Planet quests, for example ) .

Could also  add just like some basic  intro quest for each Factional version of each new Class , with a few cutscenes or whatever.  No biggie.

4 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

While not in accord with your "class" choices, Nee-Elder, I would love something akin to the blaster stance in Jedi Survivor with a right hand saber or sword/left hand pistol fencer buccaneer combat style.  Besides that, I'm right with you on making a third neutral faction. Maybe not Hutt but just a straight up freelancer. Actually, imagine if we had a similar system like SWG. You could queue as combatant for either faction. Touching on this deeper. We can add hostility parameters based on your reputation like if you help the Nightsisters then the Singing mountain clan would hunt you kinda of thing.  I feel like this modern swtor dev team could use a little inspiration from SWG. 

i've run out of my daily click-reactions today, so i just wanted to *THANK*  you directly  @TonyTricicolo  for your reply, since reading it has just turned my previously disappointed gamer frown upside down. :hope_07:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

Bioware should take note of this. Because they stand to make a good profit if they made true expansions comparable to the games you sited and there are very likely a great many subscribers who would be willing to play similar costs if SWTOR put out expansions of equal caliber. 

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

uh-huh, :rolleyes: .

So ok, for fun forum discussion here,  if that's really true, then lemme get this straight: You're  against expanding the game with 2 new Classes?

cuz  THAT is "my" idea, for the record. 

Baring in mind that Nee is stating that it is new classes that would garner greater interest in the game and not necessarily just the ones that he is proposing (Star Fighter class, which I personally think is extremely fitting to the genre and is a core concept in classic Star Wars and I don't even play GSF or care about it at all. It should go without saying that if that could work it would have to be more than just skill in fighting in space battles.)

I cannot imagine the introduction of new classes to play in this game (whatever they may be) would not attract more players to the game and very likely see the return of some old players who would want to see what those new classes had to offer and experience something new to the game.

I personally can't find any error in that logic.

That said, the likelihood of them ever introducing a new class at all is next to nil.

As far as a third faction goes, while I do like the Hutts, a third faction isn't a good idea for this game. I'm not in favor of cross faction/crossing factions/ or taking people out of the quece pool for the 2 factions we do have.

If this game want's to have any feel of Star Wars (which it isn't. It just has some of the sights and sounds.), it needs the Pubs. vs. Imps. When that was taken away for those few years during the Eternal whateverthehell story line people left in droves.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I'm open to the idea of there being new Classes added, but I don't get the appeal of the new ones Nee is offering. 

Starfighter classes don't make sense from a fundamental POV for SWTOR. Like what is their class story? Is it literally just playing Starfighter missions? That already exists in game, Is it to add a starfighter sim Campaign? Cause that exists too even has its own game, Its called Star Wars Squadrons. 

Like SIS Agent, and Imperial Trooper Classes, I can see those Working really well and a lot of people playing those classes. 

The other problem with SWTOR is its best feature, the Voiced Protagonists. 

Bioware would have to essentially Add new Male/Female Voices to the new classes, Than implement them into the current 1-50 Vanilla game, than they have to do that for the DLC as well. 

Thats not counting, the New Companions that would have to be introduced, and all their Dialogue, and post vanilla Dialogue as well. 

As for the other stuff 

-A Crafting focused class wouldn't really work, I've done Crafting in this game and I honestly don't care for it, same goes for a good amount of players as well. 

-A third "neutral" faction doesn't work, The game specifically falls under empire or republic. Bounty Hunter is the closest there is to a "neutral/Hutt" faction.  

GSF is such a small niche community now, even moreso than PVP. There really is not a lot of people that come to SWTOR just to play GSF. If people want to PVP they are either going to Q Arenas or Warzones for traditional SWTOR PVP. I really don't see the return of investment of time and $ into GSF, in getting players to play that as GSF is basically a flight sim, and is vastly different than playing Vanilla SWTOR.