Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Finally an MMO designed for Gamers.

Klarick

Only thing I would say is great game for MMO gamers, not gamers in general.

MMOs were/are becoming action games and moving away from what they were in the golden age of MMOs (pre WOW). This is a step (albeit a minor one) back to that.

It isn't howver a great game for action oriented, go go go, progression "hardcore" raider gamers.

But that is okay - there are other games that are.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ all the butthurt trolls in this thread.

"How dare he have a different opinion than me!!"

"did he just say awesome combat??? No he can't only my boss can have awesome combat no blizzard don't kill me, I can still convince them that their awesome game sucks, please don't terminate me maste... no chuck noooooooo!"

*roundhouse kick*

Edited by TheHirogen

Say what?

With a 1.5 sec global and the ability to set an ability queue of 1 sec there is absolutely no need to button mash at all. That's what he is saying. Button mashing is a complete waste in this game and your just bashing your keys for no reason.

Bioware you managed to put FUN into an MMO.

- Storylines that matter.

- Character Development.

- A game that starts at level 1 and not at the end-cap.

- Balanced PvP.

- Awesome combat (say goodbye to button smashing)

- Companions that actually do something.

From an old-time gamer I salute you.

Agree with the OP.

Sidenote: Anyone have an explanation as to why the vast majority of whiners seem to be December 2011 forum handles? December saw a relatively low amount of pre-orders compared to July/Aug/September so it's not based on quantity of pre-orders.

Just seems that if the forum handle is Dec 2011...the post will likely be negative :D

See this thread as an example....four Dec 2011 posters, 3 of those being negative. Only 1 of the 4 trying to be constructive.

Has gotten to the point that I usually skip the replies by the Dec 2011 crowd instantly and scroll down to ANYONE with another signup date be they positive or negative.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

This. Not a bad thing but yeah, my lag and that delay makes me button smash. I say fix the delay and make the controls responsive, the combat is fast (when not lagging) and the fix on the delay would perfect this.

Go to Preferences and under I believe controls is an option to set an ability queue of 1 sec. Do that and you will have less issues with button mashing. Hit one ability and you can hit another ability up to one sec before the global is over and it will fire off right after global is over.

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

I agree except on the balanced PVP part...they really need a better Tier system or to improve the bolster system...going against lvl 45+ when your 23 is a real nightmare..other than that its the most enjoyable pvp experience I've had compared to other games when it comes to the warzones (not tried open pvp yet).

Atleast the PVP in this game actually properly rewards you for trying to win instead of trying to gain the highest body count...though some people still plya it that way and ruin a chance at wins for everyone else but...minor petty things really.

Agree with the OP.

Sidenote: Anyone have an explanation as to why the vast majority of whiners seem to be December 2011 forum handles? December saw a relatively low amount of pre-orders compared to July/Aug/September so it's not based on quantity of pre-orders.

Just seems that if the forum handle is Dec 2011...the post will likely be negative :D

See this thread as an example....Seven Dec 2011 posters, 6 of those being negative. Only 1 of the 6 trying to be constructive.

Has gotten to the point that I usually skip the replies by the Dec 2011 crowd instantly and scroll down to ANYONE with another signup date be they positive or negative.

Humans are predictable creatures. All those who did early release either are star wars fanboys or bioware fanboys. People who put alot of money and timeinto something tend to defend it even though they may really dislike it.

Edited by Lazzerswords

Humans are predictable creatures. All those who did early release either are star wars fanboys or bioware fanboys. People who put alot of money and timeinto something tend to defend it even though they may really dislike it.

Very strong logic on this WoW fanboy.

:D

Agree with the OP.

See this thread as an example....seven Dec 2011 posters, 6 of those being negative. Only 1 of the 6 trying to be constructive.

Its because they cared absolutely nothing about this game until they bought it in December and ran into problems/things they did not like so they decided to come on the forums and spoil it for everybody else. Prior to this they were probably on the WoW forums complaining about things in that game.

Most of those who joined the forum community a lot earlier actually care about the game instead of just jumping on the new MMO bandwagon. I bet most of the new Dec forum members bashing on people and the game will disappear at the end of January.

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

more like "good mmo for people whop never played one before.jpeg

Gotcha so it's down to how much people have invested in the game (time, money, passion)?

Interesting theory...wait no...you're a Dec 2011'er yourself.../IGNORE :p

Seriously though I was curious. Notice the likelyhood of the forum user's join date next time you see a thread baring an incredibly negative title...Click on such thread...voila' a Dec2011 join date is usually the author of that thread.

Again, I agree with the OP. I would personally like to have quite a few changes made to TOR but overall I am enjoying the game tremendously.

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

I agree 100% with the OP. Having played up to the mid 30s now, I can safely conclude that the vast majority of complaints on these forums come from immature people who simply want something from an MMO that the genre isn't designed to provide. This is an incredible MMO for people who like MMOs.

Maybe some of you should try something else like FPS or RTS games, I can't for the life of me understand how an intelligent human being could play this game and find fault with it...especially as a newly launched MMO. Either people just completely forget what the MMO development cycle are like, or they are just acting like idiots, because this game is really an incredible accomplishment from any angle.

The game, what i have played of it so far, has been very good! I came to the game after 3 years playing eve and i find the relaxed pace quite a nice change, easy to play when you have a life outside a game, good story (so far). Cant really coment on the pvp yet as i have yrt yo dabble :-)

Go to Preferences and under I believe controls is an option to set an ability queue of 1 sec. Do that and you will have less issues with button mashing. Hit one ability and you can hit another ability up to one sec before the global is over and it will fire off right after global is over.

shhh please do not teach these people how to play SWTOR. I am enjoying my high body counts in Warzones.

Most fun I've had with an MMO since classic EQ. Agree 100% OP

Exactly. I was going to say this exactly. Now that we are all playing, the BS about this game being so poor does not fly.

The group trying to slam this game can go away after 30 days. You know what? They won't.

I'll add another positive mention to the OP. I'm having a blast. Love so much about this game. I need some help getting better at playing my class, but I'm having fun with the storyline. (About to ding 29. Have plans for a bounty hunter alt and eventually a Trooper and Jedi Knight alt.)

Very strong logic on this WoW fanboy.

:D

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

Enjoy it while it lasts, the Starwowers are here and trying hard to **** it up.

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

/agree

Hater gonna hate bro, glad you are sharing your positive opinion. Haters spend enough time being negative, good to see some offset!

- Character Development.

- Balanced PvP.

I agree, I am having fun with the game.. and I have been playing mmo's since they started..