7.3 Credit Economy Initiative: Updates and the GTN

Binding CM items to the buyer permanently kills the resell market. A lot of people make credits in the game by selling Cartel Market items, it is probably a large portion of this games Cartel Market sales. Eliminating that hurts the games ability to generate revenue and does nothing to fix inflation.

Cartel Market items have no direct effect on increasing inflation since they are not responsible for generating credits. Selling Cartel Market items to other players lowers inflation considering there is a GTN tax and trade tax.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

Binding CM items to the buyer permanently kills the resell market. A lot of people make credits in the game by selling Cartel Market items, it is probably a large portion of this games Cartel Market sales. Eliminating that hurts the games ability to generate revenue and does nothing to fix inflation.

I'd prefer the items bind to the 2nd owner. That way, it's less likely to be bought by a reseller, and the person who gets it will be someone who needs it.

21 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

Cartel Market items have no direct effect on increasing inflation since they are not responsible for generating credits. Selling Cartel Market items to other players lowers inflation considering there is a GTN tax and trade tax.

and not forget that its going to hurt the gelactic seasons rewards also since you get loot boxen from the gelactic seasons so if you get something crap you cant sell it then anymore and its become a worthless challance same for the decorations you get from it you not wane use.

14 minutes ago, WHTJunior said:

I'd prefer the items bind to the 2nd owner. That way, it's less likely to be bought by a reseller, and the person who gets it will be someone who needs it.

in the real world there cant stop that problem also look at the playstation 5 and xbox serie's X or other stuff.

and how is that going to work then since as exemple craft materials you make bound cant be use for crafting anymore since there are bound so the crafting system is not going to pick then or you cant store then for your other chars.

11 minutes ago, Tausos said:

No S#it! That's the point. You know what else it kills? The selling of credits market. And pray tell, what items on the GTN are completely over inflated anyways?  Oh that's right "Cartel Market Items".  Then they can make CRAFTING useful again and pow, now things are more in line of an actual player made economy.  And lower level items, made by players FOR lower level characters will ALSO be useful again. And.....for the greatest pun/slogan here..."Make Crafting Great Again!"

now here is then something.

why have the developers destroy the crafting system more with the 7.0 expension update for the new armor system then.

so if you wane make crafting great again then you not most add something like the new gearing system where you not need mods anymore for is not going to do anything else to help the crafting make great again.

on the side note it seems we have here a trump fan.

Edited by Spikanor

@Tausos

i have a good question for you.

why you think the cartal market is the problem for the inflation this game has when it is not the real problem.

the real problem is that the developers have make a big mess from it in the past by chance things there never most do in the first place at all since you make only a big mess later on like boost the credit rewards from missions what, GTN tax free guild perk's,skills to make free, to much focus on the cartal market and cartal coins and not adding items in the game you can buy with credits.

a lot off people have make good suggestions there wane see back in the game so like i told before all.

adding old crafting schematic's back in the game and make a vendor for it that sells it for credits like 2 mill each schematic you can buy and the item you can craft is legacy bound the same with the schematic's it sells.

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

@Tausos

why you think the cartal market is the problem for the inflation this game has when it is not the real problem.

the real problem is that the developers have make a big mess from it in the past by chance things there never most do in the first place at all since you make only a big mess later on like boost the credit rewards from missions what, GTN tax free guild perk's,skills to make free, to much focus on the cartal market and cartal coins and not adding items in the game you can buy with credits.

a lot off people have make good suggestions there wane see back in the game so like i told before all.

adding old crafting schematic's back in the game and make a vendor for it that sells it for credits like 2 mill each schematic you can buy and the item you can craft is legacy bound the same with the schematic's it sells.

Listen man, I'm not trying to be mean, but I have a hard time understanding what it is you're trying to say. English may not be your native language, which is fine, like I said, I'm not trying to be mean.  But, I'm also not understanding a lot of what you're saying.  So, sorry, I am not going to try and understand all this and likely get half of what  you're saying wrong.

50 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

Supply and Demand determines value and price of said items scales with inflation.

So, the price of eggs went up nearly 300% IRL because demand went up 300%?  Or could something else have caused that?  Thats why you're right and wrong.

Edited by Tausos

8 hours ago, Tausos said:

1. Make ALL 'Cartel Market' items BOUND PERMANENTLY (Character or Account)!  Therefore no need for credit sinks.

2. Make it so no one ever gets an item from the 'Cartel Market' that they already have unlocked on THAT character?

No. That would kill the dev teams cash cow. Which would directly affect how much money they have to continue game development. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

This would also kill the CM cash cow. Which is now the developers main source of income for developing the game. They aren’t likely to kill the CM because that means less money to make the game. 

The solution is to keep tweaking the changes they have already made.

Ie, still tax items that are traded on the GTN & directly between players. But make any gifted items tax free & legacy bound. At the same time, increase the GTN sales cap to at least 4 billion credits. Increase F2P character credit limit to 1 billion so they can buy items up to 1 billion. But restrict their sale of items to only 10 million credits. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

No. That would kill the dev teams cash cow. Which would directly affect how much money they have to continue game development. 

so that means more that the money we pay for cartal coins go's now finely to the right place where it needs to be and not to the big boss and share holders from EA anymore?

19 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

so that means more that the money we pay for cartal coins go's now finely to the right place where it needs to be and not to the big boss and share holders from EA anymore?

that depends on what kind of contract Broadsword has with EA/Bioware.

I doubt EA/Bioware sold SWTOR to Broadsword without taking residuals from future subscriptions and CM sales.

29 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

that depends on what kind of contract Broadsword has with EA/Bioware.

I doubt EA/Bioware sold SWTOR to Broadsword without taking residuals from future subscriptions and CM sales.

SWTOR wasn't sold to Broadsword at all. Broadsword was hired by EA to "run" the game servers and keep the software updated (and provide whatever continuing support, content updates, are needed). The most likely scenario is that EA has a set fee they are paying Broadsword to provide contracted services (managing the servers, fixing bugs, updating the content) and possibly a profit sharing clause so that if Broadsword does a particularly good job running things, they can profit. The important thing to keep in mind is that EA is the only source of funding (subscriptions, CM, etc are still going to be handled through EA - the publisher, developers are almost never directly involved in the money collection). Whatever profit Broadsword makes from the game has to come from the funds provided to it by EA.

9 hours ago, Spikanor said:

@Tausos

I never said the CM was the problem for inflation. 

The cause for inflation is simple. BW has removed Credit Sinks from this game over the years and the rewards we get keep increasing every time there is a level increase. We needed to have credit sinks to help remove those credits.

The GTN tax is a good thing, as is taxing Trades. 

I'd also increase the GTN cap past 1 billion. This would be a good thing, since not everyone wants to sell items in trade chat. Having a higher GTN cap would allow those players to put higher value items on the GTN so they don't need to go through Trade channels to sell items.

Edited by Toraak

6 hours ago, Spikanor said:

Not necessarily. What it means is less people are subscribing than before. So CM funds become more important in the overall financing of game development. Doing anything that could jeopardise that would be detrimental to the future of the games development. 

6 hours ago, Toraak said:

I never said the CM was the problem for inflation. 

The cause for inflation is simple. BW has removed Credit Sinks from this game over the years and the rewards we get keep increasing every time there is a level increase. We needed to have credit sinks to help remove those credits.

have you read that guy post's is good where he is focusing on only if you read all his post on this thread you see he is focusing all on the cartal market items and also blame it for the inflation.

i also know really good that its BW own stupid big mistake's there have done in the past since its always there own fault to make a big mess in the end.

what there need to do is to restore the damage there have done and bring all the credit sinks we got in the past back so that means also paying for skills and upgrade's again and lower the credit rewards again like it was before by removing the boost.

there are things where also the developers most leave alone and not mess around since it can creat a big damage and problems later on and messing with the credit rewards or credit sinks.

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

What it means is less people are subscribing than before.

not a big suprice that less people are subscribing nowadays since the contant you get as sub is low and its also not worth to do it same with the benefits you get are not that good at somepoint since there are removing it more.

and the low trust the communety has in the developers also can be a reason.

17 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:
On 8/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, WHTJunior said:

This would also kill the CM cash cow. Which is now the developers main source of income for developing the game. They aren’t likely to kill the CM because that means less money to make the game. 

I mean, resellers don't buy from the CM. Binding to the 2nd owner (or more precisely, their Account or Legacy), would ensure that the buyer is someone who needs/wants the item, and not someone who sits in the GTN reselling items for credits they likely don't even need. This does not mean that people won't buy from the CM. It just means less price gouging on the GTN.

10 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Not necessarily. What it means is less people are subscribing than before. So CM funds become more important in the overall financing of game development. Doing anything that could jeopardise that would be detrimental to the future of the games development. 

IMO ... It's kind of been that way for a while now.  Which is so unfortunate.  

Soooo many possibilities. Sooo much potential.  

Watching this drama unfold reminds me of blowing up a rather large, brightly colored balloon...  Holding it up for everyone to see ... then releasing it up high in a large room.  At first it begins to slowly descend to the floor making a large circle while emitting a rather odd sound ... (with an occasional squeaking, squealing sound intermittently) as the air escapes through the opening.  As the air continues to push out of the opening the balloon gets smaller it picks up speed.  Its new direction becomes somewhat unstable and erratic... making more and more noise (some of which sound a bit funny .. actually).  Finally at the end ... a final gasp of air escapes out of the end and the projectile makes one last quick surge toward the ceiling ...  before falling limp, motionless to the floor!

Edited by OlBuzzard

15 minutes ago, Skummy said:

How much of my car loan will i have to put on hold to buy gold augments for gear just to casually pvp? Thought this was a american mmo not a korean one kekw

None. 

First, you don't need gold augs for casual pvp.  Get the purples, or even the blues if credits are an issue.

Second, you can craft the gold augs yourself.  You don't even need a sub to do that, just be level 80.

I never crafted always was able to do endgame for credits thats literally impossible since 5.0. Yea purple augments will stop 3 gold augment dps from hammering into oblivion kekw. Do you play the game ?

Edited by Skummy

5 hours ago, Skummy said:

I never crafted always was able to do endgame for credits thats literally impossible since 5.0. Yea purple augments will stop 3 gold augment dps from hammering into oblivion kekw. Do you play the game ?

Newsflash: gold augs won't help you at all in that situation.

• Like 2

Having more health and dps pressure is not going to help you lol??? Stats mean everything in this game having more stats then the other guy means your probably going to win LMAO. And if i could craft them and crafters werent so greedy i would be able to afford things like in 4.0 they legit cost to much. Have to drop like 100 dollars on cartel coins just to afford gear like a p2w korean mmo kekw. Cool!!!

Edited by Skummy