Gear requirements for master flashpoints

So i have item rating of 326. I have about info of low dps. I checked guide for talents, it should be okay.

I still do not have cap for accuracy (only have bonus 6%).  I have first cap for alacrity.

When it comes to my abilities, i only click when they flash since then they are most effective.

I have Veteran flashpoints since i do not like the idea of dungeons without tank and healer.

I know i am not the best player but this should be to at least pull my weight.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Cheers,

Have you looked up a guide for your class and spec?  Rotations are important, it's more than just using the buttons when they light up.

*Gear won't help if you don't have a basic knowledge of your rotation.

I also recommend using starparse and a combat dummy for dps to see how you're doing.  

For heals/tanks the combat dummies are pretty much useless, they're more 'learn by doing' roles.

*Gear doesn't hurt though.  Get the right tactical for your class/spec,  and then work on the rest of your gear and rotations.

4 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Have you looked up a guide for your class and spec?  Rotations are important, it's more than just using the buttons when they light up.

*Gear won't help if you don't have a basic knowledge of your rotation.

I also recommend using starparse and a combat dummy for dps to see how you're doing.  

For heals/tanks the combat dummies are pretty much useless, they're more 'learn by doing' roles.

*Gear doesn't hurt though.  Get the right tactical for your class/spec,  and then work on the rest of your gear and rotations.

I got the right tactical according to vukk guide and set up talents according to his guide also.

I am not using augment since they cost millions of credits and I do not have the correct crew skill to craft them myself plus I am upgrading them every 2 or 3 fp.

When the game came out i had no problem with dps. Only now when there is a dps there is a freaking dps problem. That is why I hate combat meters.

The only reason I am doing master fp is that they drop blue gear and they have separate roles for tank, healer, and dps.

I only recommend starparse because some players think they're doing alright with dps, when they aren't.  The story stuff and veteran flashpoints are too easy to judge how you're actually performing.

They way MM fp are setup you don't need 2 good dps to complete them, you only need 2 mediocre, or one really good dps, to get through them.  Some players are getting carried without knowing it.   2 bad dps and you can get through most MM fp as long as the tank/healer are good, but it's a real slog.

It's not starparse that makes that noticeable, when you try to heal (or tank) a MM fp with bad dps you know it even without looking at the parse numbers.  I don't parse while actually playing, but I will check it after a flashpoint or operations is completed. 

I've seen some dps who do less dps then me, IN HEAL SPEC. 

Granted that's extreme, most dps at least out-dps the healer, but there's a lot that currently do less dps then the tank.

On 4/15/2023 at 1:03 AM, Sewerus said:

I am not using augment since they cost millions of credits and I do not have the correct crew skill to craft them myself plus I am upgrading them every 2 or 3 fp.

I recommend at least getting the blue augments as they are cheap and easy to craft. Others above are right - know your rotation or priority system, but getting to 110% accuracy and 7.2% alacrity will go a long way in bringing up your dps.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, HypSpec said:

I recommend at least getting the blue augments as they are cheap and easy to craft. Others above are right - know your rotation or priority system, but getting to 110% accuracy and 7.2% alacrity will go a long way in bringing up your dps.

I have all blue gear at level 326 and still haven't reached 110%. Upgrading blue takes a long time since it cost 210 fp commendations. I have around 107% accuracy and over 8% alacrity.

I recommend using keybinds.

No gear, no augments no amount of credits can or will ever be able to buy the damage increase keybinds bring. 

If you click what is shiny I assume you're playing deception or maybe pyro? on both this is not the best way of playing it, but again, this is not significant for players without keybinds.

15 hours ago, Sewerus said:

I have all blue gear at level 326 and still haven't reached 110%. Upgrading blue takes a long time since it cost 210 fp commendations. I have around 107% accuracy and over 8% alacrity.

do you know about Hyde and Zeek? they are in the supply area, in the room next to where you upgrade Gear.
You only need one Item at 326,330 / 334 and/or 336 (I think those were the Levels the quests should tell you what you need) then you can Buy components and use modifiable shells.
Just make sure you grabbed the right Quest before dismanteling.
That will massively speed up getting gear and since you can reuse it over and over with better components, you save Credits on Augment kits.

I'm just not 100% sure if the quests are still gated behind average iLVL or not.

If you had 330 Gear with Purple Augments that Gear is basically equal to 340 Gear without Augments so if you need to save credits just keeping the Augmented gear and only upgrade when you can go directly to the cap on that Piece of Equipment. Augments are especially good to get Accuracy to 100% as soon as possible.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

2 hours ago, DarthSpekulatius said:

do you know about Hyde and Zeek? they are in the supply area, in the room next to where you upgrade Gear.
You only need one Item at 326,330 / 334 and/or 336 (I think those were the Levels the quests should tell you what you need) then you can Buy components and use modifiable shells.
Just make sure you grabbed the right Quest before dismanteling.
That will massively speed up getting gear and since you can reuse it over and over with better components, you save Credits on Augment kits.

I'm just not 100% sure if the quests are still gated behind average iLVL or not.

If you had 330 Gear with Purple Augments that Gear is basically equal to 340 Gear without Augments so if you need to save credits just keeping the Augmented gear and only upgrade when you can go directly to the cap on that Piece of Equipment. Augments are especially good to get Accuracy to 100% as soon as possible.

I would have problems with augmentations except nowadays augmentation kit mk-11 costs like 5 million credits for one piece and the price for mk-10 is basically the same.

i am not sure how this Hyde and Zeek system works. if I have one item which has item level of 330 and dismantle it then I will get the option to craft 330 mods? Am I getting this right?

2 hours ago, Sewerus said:

I would have problems with augmentations except nowadays augmentation kit mk-11 costs like 5 million credits for one piece and the price for mk-10 is basically the same.

i am not sure how this Hyde and Zeek system works. if I have one item which has item level of 330 and dismantle it then I will get the option to craft 330 mods? Am I getting this right?

Yes. You dc items and then able to buy mods at that gear rating (up to 336). This allows you to get any adaptive armor set, add mods, and control the tertiary stats (Acc, Alac) so you can get to 110% and 7.2%. Then you go rest crit and add crit with the augs. You can min max by mixing up your augs. MK-11 are pricey but if you invest the time to craft, they are pretty easy to make and you can then sell to generate creds.

22 minutes ago, HypSpec said:

Yes. You dc items and then able to buy mods at that gear rating (up to 336). This allows you to get any adaptive armor set, add mods, and control the tertiary stats (Acc, Alac) so you can get to 110% and 7.2%. Then you go rest crit and add crit with the augs. You can min max by mixing up your augs. MK-11 are pricey but if you invest the time to craft, they are pretty easy to make and you can then sell to generate creds.

If i had correct crew skill i would do it.

41 minutes ago, Sewerus said:

If i had correct crew skill i would do it.

Synthweaving, Armormech, and Armstech can all make MK-11. If you don't have those, you can make an alt that you can focus on leveling their crafting quickly by only making the Assembly Components - you craft each until the next recipe is available, buy that and repeat. The mats can be a challenge but when you have them you can level from 0 to 700 in a couple hours, then you're set. You dc the level 70 component to get the Aug Kit components that are then used to make MK-11.

On 4/19/2023 at 5:09 PM, HypSpec said:

Synthweaving, Armormech, and Armstech can all make MK-11. If you don't have those, you can make an alt that you can focus on leveling their crafting quickly by only making the Assembly Components - you craft each until the next recipe is available, buy that and repeat. The mats can be a challenge but when you have them you can level from 0 to 700 in a couple hours, then you're set. You dc the level 70 component to get the Aug Kit components that are then used to make MK-11.

Addendum to this: when training new schematics along the way for this kitmaker character, only buy assembly component schematics below grade 11.  It will save a chunk of credits.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:29 PM, Sewerus said:

it's not foolproof simple, there's 2 Quests / iLVL and 4 iLVLs with Mods the purple one only has enhancements so it won't help you get iLVL because you'll miss Armoring and modification (also hilt&blaster whatever it's called) if you do the blue one on the other hand you can get the items to that iLVL and then just get an item drop and disassemble that for the purple one sine it will be the same iLVL as what you are wearing.

-> make sure you do the blue quest first, for that one it doesn't matter either if the Item is purple or blue since the higher quality one will also work for the lower quality quest.

however you can't craft them you can just buy them for credits, don't ask what they cost though, I'm not rich but I don't currently have to look at NPC Prices especially since I only bought a few main & offhands while I didn't have enough R4 Tokens.

• 4 months later...

If you want to do MM flashpoints, you should 100% be running Star Parse on the dummy to learn your rotation.  Most basically boil down to a static rotation, and hitting the shiny buttons, Seriously, putting in an hour so so to commit the basics to memory and then you will memorize it/get better the more you do it.

If you go in there with 326 gear and use feelycrafting to make up your rotation, you will never do enough damage to pull your own weight in a group.  

Read through the Vulkk guide for your class and a little bit of practice on the dummy.  You should at least have the basics down after that.

Also, it may sound simple, but join a guild.  There are so many out there that are willing to take you under their wing and teach you all of this.

Good luck !

On 4/15/2023 at 10:03 AM, Sewerus said:

I got the right tactical according to vukk guide and set up talents according to his guide also.

When the game came out i had no problem with dps. Only now when there is a dps there is a freaking dps problem. That is why I hate combat meters.

The only reason I am doing master fp is that they drop blue gear and they have separate roles for tank, healer, and dps.

DPS meters are important.

If we are wiping, it helps to know if it's because DPS players are doing half the damage they are supposed to. no point flogging a dead horse at that point, they won't clear it.

9 hours ago, MotherCrusher said:

DPS meters are important.

If we are wiping, it helps to know if it's because DPS players are doing half the damage they are supposed to. no point flogging a dead horse at that point, they won't clear it.

^ this.  I don't check starparse until after flashpoints most times, but it's still pretty obvious when the dps are just plain bad.  Gear alone doesn't help if a player doesn't know what they're doing.  All dps can get to 20k on a dummy parse even with 324 gear, so if you have 336 gear, and can't get to 20k (remember dummy parses will be higher then your actual combat dps), then read a freaking guide for your class, figure out what you are doing wrong.  I'll be nice and just ask for 15k parses, that's enough for most MM fp and really, really easy to get even with no legendary implants or tacticals.

If you want to do MM flashpoints then use starparse, at least that way you will know for sure if it's you dragging down the group or not.  Even if you clear, you may have been carried by the group, and starparse will let you know if that's the case.

• Like 2

Aside from the guides, it can also be helpful to look at Parsely. You can go to Operation Boss Leader Board, filter for your class/discipline and click into the top performers. You can then click into the rotation tab and see how they are sequencing their abilities. Most guides feature rotations/priorities, but Parsley is another source you can tap into to compare what you are doing with top dpsers and identify some opportunities to improve.

https://parsely.io/

Edited by HypSpec

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 6:58 PM, Sewerus said:

When it comes to my abilities, i only click when they flash since then they are most effective.

Look up you tube guides by Mark Biggs.  He explains in good detail basic rotations/abilities and what Tactical/Legendary Implants you need. 

Rotation is the #1 thing you need, along with correct tactical and legendary implants.

Rotation makes so much of a difference, that when I am leveling alts, just knowing the basic foundation of my class, I'm usually out DPSing the average level 80 player in Flashpoints as a level 60. Sometimes by over 10k DPS. ----- And from another perspective. I was healing for a flashpoint recently. I was popping some damage on the boss in between heals. Sad to say, there was a level 80 there who barely put out over 4000DPS. They ended up dealing less DPS to the boss than the healer. If the tank is doing more damage than you, you might want to try harder. If the healer is dealing more damage than you, there's a serious problem.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Rotation is the #1 thing you need, along with correct tactical and legendary implants.

100% here and far greater than gear rating.

Check out the guides, get the right tactical and gear, and practice on the dummy until your fingers are cramping. THEN, get into ops or mmfps and try to maintain what you can do on the dummy when you have to move and navigate mechanics. Invest the time to really understand your passives (buffs and interactions) because it will help you when you have to go 'off script' and making the optimal choices. When you can consistently stay on rotation or recover quickly you will be doing your best damage and can go up from there if you can still upgrade your gear pieces (and augs).

Edited by HypSpec