TEST SERVER: Shae Vizla server feedback thread

JackieKo

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?

Slower to load initially, but faster once in game. 

• Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?

No, the opposite, lately on the live servers some areas of Meksha and the Onderon warzone Arena have had some sort of           memory leak. frame rate issues when playing on ultra also to a lesser extent , Rhunk.

However this is not an issue on the cloud server. settings back to ultra getting fantastic frames  in all areas of the forementioned places.

• What region/country do you reside in?

North Island , New Zealand.

• Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.

200ms on live servers. to 40ms on the cloud server. SOLID no drops no lag.

• Is grouped content working properly?

yes, hammer station popped via group finder. absolutely no problem

• How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?

Marginal changes getting into flashpoint quicker.

• Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?

none that I have experienced.

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

my custom UI loaded onto the cloud server fine.

• Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

none that I have experienced. 

Please report anything that differs from your experience in the live servers as well!

For me and my playing experience, This cloud server is night and day better than Satele Shan. combine it with the 64 bit version. its just popping. graphically sharper, gameplay smoother it seems to be getting more out of my computer,  the initial longer load is worth it.  Zero Lag spikes.  solid 40 ms. its exciting to think about what you can do with it going forward. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

I would also like to mention. I felt the frame rate increases, and ping changes, and graphical sharpness contributed to my enjoyment of a gsf match on the cloud server. I was able to contribute. it felt responsive. 

I would continue to play gsf if that is a reflection of the performance going forward.

None of  my UI loaded or would load, so I had to set that up.
GSF felt a little sluggish, but not horribly so.

Slight improvement on Onderon / arch site, which I went to test frame rate, etc.

Playing from central US

Edited by Alilgrrl

Copied my main onto the test server, which was really fast, only things that didn't copy were outfits and strongholds, I guess they're not needed. UI was fine.

My ping on DM, I'm in UK, is usually about 30, on SF its 90, on Shae its a steady 300, having said that, although it was noticeably slower, there weren't massive lags.

Queuing for WZ was fast and gameplay wasn't impacted by ping. Flashpoint felt no different to being on DM.

Quick travel, taxis and planetary/fleet travel seemed faster if anything. So far so good.

• Dev Post
10 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks Jackie. I’m pretty sure I might have corrupted fleet files. And the repair button is grayed out 😞. Hopefully the patch on April 6th will repair those files & I won’t have to do a reinstall. 

The team is asking if you can provide log files. 

• Send an email to support@swtor.com and in the subject line include "Missing floor" or something similar
  • Send us the host.developer.log file C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Launcher
  • Be sure to include your account name

Thank you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[For Info: UK player running fibre-to-the-box internet connection]. On finishing my GSF match, my mouse pointer was invisible. It was still working, because I could see the hover events triggering on the match summary buttons as I thrashed around trying to find how to hit 'leave'... which I eventually managed.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Everything seemed to be more beautiful especially the lights/textures. 
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? A little bit on Mek-Sha.
  • What region/country do you reside in? France - Paris.
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. Usually on Star Forge i have a 95 - 103 ms ping, on SV, it's between 255-300 ms. 
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, it is. 
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? I'm able to get in rather quickly .
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Not that I have seen so far.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Nothing of note.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? Some voices seems sometimes weird.
  • Haha 1

This testing was done between the 3rd and 5th. Times stated are all PST as I am located on the Oregon Coast, USA. I am not sure what issues are due to the 7.2.1 update vs access to the new Cloud Server, but I did not have the problems stated here before we got access to the cloud server, even after the 7.2.1 update (main problem is game suddenly crashing every time I try to change graphics settings, especially resolution.) I greatly prefer playing with ReShade as I don't like the general darkness of everything (wish at least the Gamma setting went higher); but I tested both with ReShade latest version installed (both running and not running to see if it made a difference, it didn't speed-wise) and tried it uninstalled (some load times are faster with it uninstalled because of the loading of the shaders, but once loaded, speed and responsiveness seem unaffected (and unfortunately had nothing to do with the crashes I am now having when changing graphics settings on any server, not just the test server). Anyway, here are my comparisons.

Equipment

Cable Internet (Spectrum-300mbps) Tested both WiFi and Wired

Lenovo 720 15IKB, 16GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia 1050 2GB Ram

Created new character on test server.

Character creation did not allow me to use the Zabrak or Chiss or Pureblood even though I have those open for creating a consular shadow on other servers, but it was fast and smooth at 4K resolution and loading into starting cinematic took less than 5 seconds and while cinematic started out with a little jerkiness it quickly smoothed out. Tython landing cinematic after pressing space bar began and played through smoothly. Outfitters seems to work properly at least while I am only level three and just adding a couple of items to wear. The mini map overlay seems to be working accurately showing my goal to finish my completed tasks as well as my ongoing mission. Once completing a couple of tasks getting up to level four I decided to try accessing collections which seemed to work properly having access to my collected remnant sets, armor sets from the Cartel market, weapons from seasons rewards as well as from the Cartel market, color crystals which of course I could not use because I wasn't to level 10 yet, access to my mounts with the same issue because of not being the proper level yet, tunings are accessible and usable, titles collected were accessible and usable, flare is accessible and I was able to accept a creature companion though because I'm still level four I could not yet use it, was able to accept and use and summon Darth Hexid as a companion.

My in-game mail of welcome gifts and Friends of SWTOR and community event rewards and such all are available. The preferred friends bundle and the jump start bundle both operate correctly and the complementary experience boost of 1 hour from a five pack activated correctly. Running around has been relatively smooth with slightly over 30 people active on Tython at the moment but upon entering the temple for the first time right after the codex entry triggered there was about a 3 second freeze/pause and then things continue to as normal, the freeze was only in graphics but not in audio.

AFK - Character select screen, tried Warzone and GSF next

From clicking play on the character select screen it took 30 seconds for my character to load up on fleet. I was able to smoothly use the heroic transports for a couple of the course on heroics even though I was swinging up a bit things seemed to work correctly as far as my level and the enemies I was fighting in the area and switching my K'lor slug from heal to tank to beat a couple of enemies being it's only level one slug worked. Tried a Warzone, took a couple minutes to pop and then less than 30 seconds to load in. I forgot to turn my graphics down so I'll try again with lower settings, I was enjoying the visuals in PVE so going into Warzone in 4k with med-high graphics setting causes horrible lag and me dying again and again from people flashing in and out of view all around; warzones are generally a pretty terrible experience for me because even when wearing 336 armor I get killed so fast I can't do much. I played through, as long as there were less than 4 other players on the screen then I could almost see what was happening. I will try it again with my graphics turned down. Went into galactic Starfighter, popped in less than a minute I think, and that loaded me in within about 15 seconds and the controls seemed very squirrely as in aiming around seem to move my ship way too quickly but I am not very experienced with galactic Starfighter but it seemed steering was faster than usual. I couldn't really remember how to play so after fumbling around I figured out again how to get closer to everyone so they could kill me easier; the controls were so squirrely I think I managed to shoot myself. Missiles never seemed to fire, but doing the fancy twirl-around-roll-over thing was highly successful at crashing me into rocks and stuff. I will try GSF again with my graphics turned down as well, maybe that will help; otherwise I need to fry up a couple eggs and some sausage on my laptop to cool it down. Wish the pretty graphics didn't heat up my Nvidia 1050 so much! Wow.

After GSF had to AFK again - back to Character select screen

From pressing play on the character's select screen it took less than 13 seconds for my character to be fully loaded in after a reboot and logging in although there are under 30 people on planet this time. 9:15 in the evening instead of around 4:00 in the afternoon. 

Ping Tests 4-4-23 AM

7:30 to 7:45 Tulak Horde server from Oregon USA 175 to 180 milliseconds
7:45 to 8:00 Leviathan server from Oregon USA 183 to 336 milliseconds
8:00 to 8:15 Darth malgus server from Oregon USA 185 to 297 milliseconds
8:00 to 8:15 Star Forge server from Oregon USA 107 to 116 milliseconds
8:15 to 8:30 Satele Shan server from Oregon USA 107 to 138 milliseconds
8:15 to 8:30 Shae Vizla server from Oregon USA 167 to 290 milliseconds

So far, multiple attempts at changing the graphics settings, specifically the resolution completely crash the game with a hard freeze that keeps the game overlaid over other windows. When this happens the game will not close with the x button or right clicking and choosing close window and task manager is hidden behind the frozen window and therefore inaccessible (the game is always on top). 

Esseles Flashpoint Story Mode (tried to group find for Veteran but I was only one on the test server! LOL) operated as expected even when I had to afk in the middle and restart at the beginning. Support droid worked correctly. Unless I am missing something, in completing this flashpoint and defeating all the bosses it shows I completed the achievement "Ironed Out"and  that there should have been a 20 Cartel Coin reward which of course I expect to be forfeit to this test server whether held or spent but it was not awarded. Not sure if that is by design at this time or a bug?

Ping Tests 4-4-23 PM

2:00 to 2:15 in the afternoon Satele Shan was between 107 and 128 milliseconds from Newport Oregon
2:00 to 2:15 in the afternoon Shae Vizla between 160 and 207 milliseconds from Newport Oregon

Again attempted a resolution change from 1920 by 1080 up to 4K and it crashed and froze and does not Auto-revert. Forcing the program closed and running it again shows the change in resolution took effect and operation seems back to normal.

Download auto-started again?

After successfully restarting the game after half a dozen to a dozen crashes doing testing trying to figure out the resolution change problem on April 4th then I finally shut the game down and rebooted the computer and on the morning of the 5th went to start the game and it started the entire 38 GB download again. This is the third time it has started downloading the update since it was launched. While this took less than 10 minutes, still annoying. After that choosing play to run resulted in an error that says the program encountered an internal error and will exit error code C5 fail to load game assets please contact customer support. I restarted the game client again and it is starting the download yet again. This time after 20 minutes it still has 12gb to go! After 24 minutes I am able to click Play and after about a minute the server select screen came up with no servers in it. I quit the game, restarted, after about 20 seconds my last used character select screen came up. Left to the sever select screen to do logging on all servers and ping test (I switched to a wired connection).

Ping Tests 4-5-23 AM

8:30 to 8:45 Tulak Horde server from Oregon USA 180 to 190 milliseconds, 20 seconds to load character
8:30 to 8:45 Leviathan server from Oregon USA 185 to 200 milliseconds, 40 seconds to load character
Connection crashed to server lost showing servers but saying "unable to retrieve server list", pressed ok button, selected Darth Malgus server, got new error message "Connection error has occurred..." Clicked ok and tried again, got a new error "Unable to retrieve server list" so clicked ok, selected Darth Malgus again and it worked! Character select screen loaded correctly, clicked play and after 1 minute I saw my hud/gui but only black screen behind, then at 1 min 45 seconds my character was fully loaded. 
8:45 to 9:00 Darth malgus server from Oregon USA 180 to 215 milliseconds
8:45 to 9:00 Star Forge server from Oregon USA 105 to 211 milliseconds, 60 seconds to load character - big change from Malgus Imp side having 110+ people on Fleet to Pub Side Star Forge with only 10 people on Fleet
9:00 to 9:15 Satele Shan server from Oregon USA 105 to 198 milliseconds, 45 seconds to load character, 40+ people Pubside Fleet
9:00 to 9:15 Shae Vizla server from Oregon USA 166 to 378 milliseconds, 50 seconds to load character, 7 people on Pubside Fleet

Tried to change resolution down to 1920x1080 before quitting and it crashed the game to unresponsive again.

• Loading seems to be faster than on live when traveling to somewhere
    • Haven't noticed any significant performance problems
    • Northern Europe
    • Much higher ping than on live
      • Live: between 60ms - 120ms
      • Shae: between 300ms - 400ms
    • Atleast heroics and such seem be working fine
    • Solo testing, none of these done so far
    • Haven't had any issues so far
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
    • Everything seems to look ok and work fine
    • Same as above

It felt very smooth. I had no issues at all with loading on either the starting planet or the end game content I did.

No, actually I did not notice any lessening of performance.

I reside in Atlanta (Lawrenceville to be specific), Georgia, USA.

My apologies I wasn't sure how to test the ping.

Yes, I did Hammer Station with 3 other players. We selected it from the Group Finder and it popped perfectly. No issues during the playing of it either.

Once I hit the enter flashpoint button, the load time to get in was very minimal. It took less than 10 seconds. Might have been less than 5 seconds. It did seem faster than on regular servers currently.

I have not noticed any difficulty traveling. However, I only traveled to Tython, the fleet, Hammer Station, GSF and PVP match.

No, I was happy to find that the UI I had saved from my original character loaded here perfectly along with my gear.

I could not find any flaw here.

Please report anything that differs from your experience in the live servers as well!

I am really looking forward to the cloud server change. From what I've seen and playtested, there are no draw back and a lot of passive advantages. Thank you for your hard work.

~ Culurien

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? It seems alright, but loading into new areas have left me unable to move for several seconds, which is not normal.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Fleet and Tython was a bit choppy at times, but overall, not bad. I did not travel elsewhere.
  • What region/country do you reside in? Canada
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. 171 ms on Shae Vizla vs 62 ms on Star Forge
  • Is grouped content working properly? Seems to be. We were able to kick an AFKer from group.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? It was quick enough.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Yes. When I exited GSF, I loaded into the Fleet hangar, and couldn't move for several seconds. I was able to turn my toon around on the spot, but couldn't move in any direction.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I've seen
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? Not that I've seen

9 hours ago, JackieKo said:

• Send an email to support@swtor.com and in the subject line include "Missing floor" or something similar
  • Send us the host.developer.log file C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Launcher

Thank you

Thanks Jackie. I’ll login soon & get that file for you. 

edit:

@JackieKo email sent 👍

Edited by TrixxieTriss

On 4/3/2023 at 12:38 PM, JackieKo said:

•  There were some polygon loading issues but no lag.
  • I created a new charactewr so i did korriban and black talon to this point
  • north america/usa
  • immediately, didn't feel like i waited at all
  • nothing so far
  • not much just a few assets didn't load in the beginning on korriban but after that everything has been smooth.
  • no

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Same or similar for all phases.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Ping is consistant with live servers
  • What region/country do you reside in?  Western United States
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. I have 20 MS on APAC Test Server, and on SS/SF its between 250-290MS (with exit lag its 235 MS).
  • Is grouped content working properly? I have tested FP's, PvP, and GSF  so far, and it was fine so far.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Takes hours upon hours as there are only 1 to 5 players on fleet. Right now I have been the only one on Fleet in over an hour.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Loading times similar, logging in was quicker, and when you take elevators it was also quick
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? None
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? None that I have found
  •  

• Very Good
    • no
    • India
    • Current server (Satele Shan) the ping fluctuates anywhere from 280 to 320ms depending on the login time. Shae Vizla is giving stable latency of 123-130 range.
    • yes
    • quick enough
    • no
    • none so far
    • no
  • Like 1

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Amazing as an APAC player the 5 ping i get compared to the 300 on current servers makes the game feel so much smoother
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? So far no but iv only been to a couple
  • What region/country do you reside in? Australia 
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla? 5ms on Shae Vizla and 250ms on starforge
  • Is grouped content working properly? Sure is have not had any issues so far been spamming PvP since launch
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? after accepting the invite its been instant into the flash point
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? not that i have run into atm
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Iv had a couple of times where my companion UI has glitched and disapeared but comes back as long as i go and summon him again
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No visual or sound issues in the cinamatics as of yet

I also just wanted to say that i resubbed to this game because of the APAC servers i haven't played since the first xpac release i have a founders badge and all that and knowing there is a chance that we get APAC servers perma has made me so happy and so excited to come back and play again 

• Like 1

Without answering all the questions individually, I come from Australia and my ping has drop from 240 ms (with a third party to flatten out spikes) to 20-25 ms. I've done both PVP and flashpoints and both seem to work fine, I have had a couple of times where the game seemed to seize for a couple of seconds but fixed itself and didn't have any ongoing issues. Overall I'd be very happy if an APAC server remained.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:38 PM, JackieKo said:

We want to see if there is anything that would keep a player from experiencing their regular routine and normal play. Examples of what we would like players to keep in mind:

Log in performance has serious problems for me.   Of maybe 9 attempts on April 6 only one was successful.

Starting from StarForge as default server, I consistently got timeouts and a contact customer service message.

After many attempts gave up, and decided to wait.

4 hours later successfully logged in, and got partway through a FP with no problems, when IRL interrupted.  Group formation and transport to FP seemed to be normal on clicking accept.

1.5 hours after that, I'm now stuck in a perpetual loading screen with mouse droid noises.   So not only is Shae Visla not working, but SWTOR is effectively unplayable for me now.   After I finish griping here I may try digging into Steam Config files and see if editing the default server with Notepad++ can save me the trouble of a clean reinstall.   0/10 for log in experience.

Latency from NH USA has gone from 20-40 ms for NA servers and 100 to 150 ms for EU servers to a pretty stable 345 ms.  So 2 to 10 times more latency.  Probably not an issue in PvE, but getting concerning for PvP particularly GSF where being over 150 ms starts to create a significant effect in my experience.   Haven't actually gotten to test, see log in issues.

Two thumbs down.  If the live servers become like this I'm abandoning SWTOR permanently.   Not gonna pay for a game that has a 10% success rate for log in attempts.

Edit: potentially useful info

If this happens to you on a Steam Client, and you get stuck listening to perpetual mouse droid noises on a hung loading screen because Shae Visla won't let you in:

Set your File Explorer View options to See All to be sure you can get at your AppData

Go to: 

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\DisplayName_AccountDev.ini

and open it up with an editor like Notepad++ to replace the Shae Visla Shard data with

LastPlayedShard = Star Forge
LastPlayedShardAddress = he3000n01.swtor.com:8995:castlehilltest

If Star Forge is up, it should get you logged in to a working server where you'll have access to the select server menu.

Edited by Ramalina

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? smoother
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?  not much, seems normal
  • What region/country do you reside in? WA, Australia
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. < 250-360 normally, 94 on Shae.
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, other than wait for testing lol
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? < 30 seconds, fast
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Loading time similar or same, maybe a little faster
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I have found.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No.
Edited by Dragon_Vlad

On 4/6/2023 at 12:00 AM, JackieKo said:

Thank you

Hi Jackie,

Can you let the team know the latest patch didn’t fix the missing floor situation on the fleet. I still can’t go there on any character on the PTS or even normal servers 😞

Ok, I bit the bullet & did a clean reinstall. Fleet floor is now working. Must have been a corrupted file. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I played twice so far, once on the first day, one today (Thursday, third day of the server). I made a trooper with merc abilities and started at level one. Though the ping was higher (Satele Shan server is usually 86, Shae Vizla was at least 151), the game on Ord Mantell played essentially identically to the Satele Shan server. I am located near Portland, OR, USA. (West coast, so ping is about 86 for both US servers, and about 180 for the European servers.)

The ping numbers swung a lot more on the test server, at least on the first day; it was in the 150s a lot, but was often into the 180s, and sometimes into the low 200s. Today, it was a lot more stable, only swinging occasionally, though to about the same numbers.

I saw no bugs or weirdness special to the test server.

--Chill

I'm going to echo the sentiments of other APAC (and Australian in particular) players - so exciting to have an APAC server again!  I'd forgotten how much of a difference going from a ping of 250 to 20 makes.  Really hope an APAC server is a possibility again in the long term.

• I play on Satele Shan normally, overall performance seems materially improved
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? No, not on the planets I visited, nor in PvP or GSF
  • What region/country do you reside in? Melbourne, Australia
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. SV - 20ms, Satele Shan - 220 - 250 most of the time, sometimes over 300
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes - PvP, GSF, FP
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Difficult to quantify but load time for Black Talon felt quicker than what I'm used to
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? No, although Stronghold didn't come across with character copy, but once I'd bought a SH travel was fine and again felt smoother and a touch quicker than what I'm used to on Satele Shan
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? No
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No
Edited by eightymercury

PvP & Flash point test. 

Ping is awesome - 5ms 

Flashpoint is Black talon. Pretty smooth with a small delay every now & then. But so much better than live servers.

I queued for WZ & arena while playing the flash point.

Bug 1: Arena pops & I go to enter & nothing happens. Then 3 mins later it puts me into the match I had already accepted.

Bug 2: The first round had already been played as 1v1. Myself & another person pop onto the same team so it’s then 3v1 for 2 rounds.

Bug 3: After the match it won’t let us leave & the exit buttons don’t work for anyone.

Bug 4: We all wait for it to kick us. But when it does it puts me back to the server login window.

Bug 5: I Log back in & go to queue up & I’ve got a deserter debuff. 

Besides that hiccup. The arena map felt smooth. No lag effects or desync effects & abilities all activated as they should. 

100x better PvP performance than live servers. But that’s probably due to the 5ms ping on the PTS compared to my usual 230ms ping on live.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just started using the new server this week. So far everything is working like normal on Tython. My ping is up to 240ms roughly, but I am on the Eastern coast of the United States. One issue I found with the interface is that you can't make any legacy purchases. I've tried troubleshooting and it doesn't seem to be anything on my side because Legacy purchases still function for me on the other servers. They were working on this server before the update this week though.

Update 1 7:06 PM

I've managed to complete the Flashpoint and Galactic Starfighter match. The highest my ping got was in the upper 300ms range, but everything still functioned as intended. So far everything except being able to purchase anything legacy related is working as intended.

Update 2 4/8/23 6:45 PM

• Compared to an existing server, the performance was roughly the same. I did have some moments where abilities were behind and it took extra time to fast travel, but that is probably because of my distance from the region. 
  • There weren't any specific areas or planets where I felt the performance has lessened.
  • The eastern coast of the United States is the region/country that I reside in.
  • The ping from the existing server I use the most, which is Satele Shan, is normally around 35 ms. The ping on Shae Vizla was pretty much like above, but at one point on the fleet when there were a lot of people it got to 401ms.
  • Grouped content worked properly for everything that I did. All scenes, scripts and other things related to the grouped content functioned properly.
  • I was able to get into a match or Flashpoint I’d accepted as soon as I would on Satele Shan.
  • Travel hasn't been hindered to any planet, Stronghold, or either Republic or Imperial Fleet.
  • The only issue with the UI was Legacy related purchases. I don't know if that was intended and I didn't catch it when I read about the server or if it was an accident.
  • There weren't any issues with visuals or sounds when the cinematics played so far.

I plan to continue to play some on the server even though I've finished the grouped content, and will add anything I find of note.

Edited by Dro-Rahka

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Good, I normally play on the Star Forge server. 
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Not so far. 
  • What region/country do you reside in? Southeast USA
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. Star Forge server is usually 25 or less. The ping on Shae Vizla ranged from 198 - 300
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? About 15 min wait time for GS and 30 minutes for Warzone.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? No
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? No, but I was surprised that there are no Legacy features. I don't remember reading in the notes that that was not an option on the test server. 
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No issues. 
Edited by tpach
New information