Redownloading game twice for 7.2.1?

Toraak

Whem it went and automatically downloaded today (which is 2nd time, since it was done on Tuesday). Assets failed error occurred when I hit play. I had to exit, and download it a 3rd time to get to my character selection screen. 

I had no issues from Tuesday until this afternoon. Why did it even ask me to redownload it again?

Check the Performance tab of Task Manager: is the network curve showing that much traffic?

EDIT: The launcher *says* it is downloading, when in fact it is only verifying the local files and not downloading anything much.  And yes, that's a UI bug.  It should say "Verifying" until it sees something it needs to download, switch to "downloading" until it is downloaded, and then switch back to "verifying".

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• Dev Post

Hi there, with the Assets Failed error, that indicates the launcher crashing as it is checking a lot of data. We're doing more tests to make this a smoother process for players who are experiencing this. That said, this is fixed by restarting the launcher so it will pick up where it left off with syncing everything. Pairing this with the messaging that Steve brought up, you are not truly experiencing a full download. The launcher is verifying all of your files.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Dev Post
3 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Will the messaging be changed in some way to make it clearer what's happening?  (e.g. what I suggested it should do)

Yes, the team is aware and working on an update for it. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, with the Assets Failed error, that indicates the launcher crashing as it is checking a lot of data. We're doing more tests to make this a smoother process for players who are experiencing this. That said, this is fixed by restarting the launcher so it will pick up where it left off with syncing everything. Pairing this with the messaging that Steve brought up, you are not truly experiencing a full download. The launcher is verifying all of your files.

But we should not have had to download it multiple times. I had a clean install with latest patch then stuck having to install the patch twice after.

• Like 1

I  patched over night when 7.2.1 came out, and ever since then, I have had 4 or 5 re-downloads of 36GB of data... what is going on?!?!

Edit:

After today's first 36GB patch, I get into the game and I have a window that tells me my game version does not match the server's...

What the!?!?

Edited by mandarkro
Update After Relevant 5th Patch