golden glowy buff *Yarvok's Gratitude* ( Dantooine achievements ) is now broken post 7.2.1 update

Nee-Elder

As title states ^

i just noticed today that the Dantooine achievements  golden glowy BUFF called  Yarvok's Gratitude  is  grayed-out on my toolbar & inventory  AND  when you try to click/activite it now it says onscreen  red message:  "You can't use this here"  ( i tried on my guild Flagship , then on regular public Fleet )

I'm  absolutely certain it worked  prior to the March 28th  update 7.2.1 , so  something with that patch ( maybe 64-bit  effect ? ) has now broken this  item.

@CommunityTeam  please add to the current Known Issues  sticky thread?  -- thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Not confirmed. Yarvok's gratitude works fine on all my toons that have it.

Got any further info for reproduction, nee?

hmm, interesting

Well, i guess that explains why  it isn't added to 'Known Issues' yet then.

For me, the buff item isn't working on ANY of my characters.  I've tried all  scenarios  ( removing from toolbar , different locations & instances, etc. etc. )

The only thing i haven't tried yet is  purchasing a brand new version of the item from Dantooine vendor and re-testing.  I'll try that later tonite and report back.

On 4/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Crystal_Mind said:

Not confirmed. Yarvok's gratitude works fine on all my toons that have it.

Got any further info for reproduction, nee?

On 4/4/2023 at 10:40 AM, DWho said:

Also no issue with it

....  Yet still bugged for ME  and i can't figure out why.

i even tried purchasing a brand new version of the item from Dantooine reputation vendor and  still no worky.

Very frustrating and very confusing as to why  it seems to only be bugged for ME & all my characters.  ( regardless of Faction btw )

Not exactly sure what to do about this.

18 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Not exactly sure what to do about this.

I am also having this problem. For me, it works on only some of my characters. 

On some of my toons that have Yarvok's Gratitude, the item does not work and I get an "You can't use this here" error message. On other toons, the item works. 

I have tried re-buying the item. Nothing works. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, septru said:

I am also having this problem. For me, it works on only some of my characters.

On some of my toons that have Yarvok's Gratitude, the item does not work and I get an "You can't use this here" error message. On other toons, the item works.

i can't seem to figure out ANY  commonalities or indicators  as to why this bug is affecting only parts of the playerbase and only a few characters. ( randomly )

Very frustrating.

Please  @JackieKo amd @CommunityTeam  do either of you have any insight from the Dev/Coder team about this item & issue?

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Very frustrating.

I got an email back from customer service.  I haven't logged in to verify whether their workaround actually works. 

Hi septru,
Thanks for contacting the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ customer service team. My name is François-Xavier and I am sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the Yarvok's Gratitute not working and I ll be happy to look into that for you.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

This is an issue that is currently being reviewed by our development team. However by investigating it seems to be caused by the phase your character is.

if you look at your character "It's Prum", the item is working as you have selected PVE . On the other hand your character "Prumiscuous Prum", you have selected PVP and the item is not working.

I switched your focus to PVE and reloaded the character and the item was then working. So while the issue is being reviewed by the Studio, if you want to be able to use the Yarvok's Gratitute, by switiching your focus to pve and reloading the character will allow you to do so

I understand the solution is far from being ideal but it should allow you to use the item while it is being reviewed

In the meantime, should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

I wish you a very good day.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, septru said:

I haven't logged in to verify whether their workaround actually works.

It does work, so thanks for the info.  So apparently this item cannot be used in PVP anymore, which is a small bummer since i play all my characters in PVP 'instances'  on every planet 99% of my playtime.

However,  @JackieKo and @CommunityTeam   please i would still like to know if this situation with this item is a bug  or something working-as-intended that just wasn't put into the patch notes?

• Dev Post

Hi folks, 

We've got an update regarding the Yarvok's Gratitude item. This is intended that the Yarvok's Gratitude item can't be used in PvP areas.

Our team is currently looking into updating the tooltip to mirror this information. We'll add it to the known issues list for visibility:

• This is intended that the Dantooine Achievement item Yarvok's Gratitude can't be used in PvP areas. 
    • The tooltip will be updated to mirror this information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• This is intended that the Dantooine Achievement item Yarvok's Gratitude can't be used in PvP areas. 
    • The tooltip will be updated to mirror this information.

Why though, please clarify? This includes PVP instances of planets, which a lot of people like myself use, so why are they included?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommunityTeam said:

This is intended that the Dantooine Achievement item Yarvok's Gratitude can't be used in PvP areas. 

I almost entirely PvP or travel on PvP instances. I want my 150 million credits back. 

Please stop retroactively changing the effect of items. As a player that earned these items, this is disgustingly insulting. It tells me as a player that you don't care about my time or effort.

This is the second time you have done this. The first was with PvP ranked battle flags.  

Edited by septru
  • Like 3

Agreed. I can't think of any reason for Yarvok's gratitude to be unusable in such a large chunk of the game. This item was introduced in 5.10.3 -- that's four years of it being fine, and then you all randomly change it in 7.2.1 without a patchnote or explanation? Very uncool.

Edit: Seriously, though. It's a personal cosmetic. It doesn't affect anyone but the player who uses it. Why change it? o.O

Edited by Crystal_Mind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CommunityTeam said:

We've got an update regarding the Yarvok's Gratitude item. This is intended that the Yarvok's Gratitude item can't be used in PvP areas.

i thankyou for the official update , even though i don't understand the decision by @EricMusco & Devs on this item.

2 hours ago, Crystal_Mind said:

I can't think of any reason for Yarvok's gratitude to be unusable in such a large chunk of the game. This item was introduced in 5.10.3 -- that's four years of it being fine, and then you all randomly change it in 7.2.1 without a patchnote or explanation? Very uncool.

Edit: Seriously, though. It's a personal cosmetic. It doesn't affect anyone but the player who uses it. Why change it?

QFE ^ ,  i am similarly baffled and would really like to hear from Dev/Coder Team as to exactly why this change was made ( and stealth-nerfed at that ) .

Not gonna make me un-sub or do anything more than this forum reply.

But still, very perplexing & rather disappointing. :(

• Like 2

Adding my voice to request the reason why this appearance item cannot be used in PVP - it was fine for so many years.  It was expensive at the time it was first launched and was one of the more fun items introduced to the game.  Are you guys trying to knock the fun out of the game or doing so unintentionally?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 10:11 AM, septru said:

Can you please explain? 

Still no explanation ( and i doubt we'll ever get one ) but at least it was added NOTE post-haste --> https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/06132023/game-update-7.3-old-wounds

Apparently you can /spit on people in PVP , as well as place a "battle" flag on player corpse, yet being *glowing* is somehow griefing now?!?!?! :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: baffling decision for this one