JackieKo isn't communicating or responding on forums for about two weeks now

winpersec

• winpersec changed the title to JackieKo isn't communicating or responding on forums for about two weeks now

There's nothing for Bioware to talk about right now. The next patch is probably slowed down because of 64-bit bugs. The programming team is probably very busy, but it's complicated stuff they're not going to talk about on the forums. If they did, it would just take time away from fixing the bugs. The patch can't come out until they're done.

1 hour ago, ThanderSnB said:

There's nothing for Bioware to talk about right now.

You don't know that, first of all.  --- * Case in point right here below my post btw---> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927998-jackieko-isnt-communicating-or-responding-on-forums-for-about-two-weeks-now/?do=findComment&comment=9746023

Second of all:  Ever heard of a little something called 'cross promotion' ?  ( re: Mandalorian season 3 )

i guess EA & Disney  have their justified reasons to completely ignore  SWTOR.

Think about that for a second.

It must be so frustrating for BIOWARE having to work under such conditions.

Edited by Nee-Elder

• Dev Post
On 3/7/2023 at 11:52 AM, winpersec said:

Basically the title.

Is everything okay?

First off, appreciate the concern for my well being. :) There were some hardships that happened in the personal life, but things are calming down and getting better. Work-wise, a lot has been happening BTS, so that has taken up a lot of my time. Can't talk about everything just yet, but doing lots of prep work and strategy planning for things to come. I'm looking forward to sharing the details with all of you when I can. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

You don't know that, first of all.  --- * Case in point right here below my post btw---> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927998-jackieko-isnt-communicating-or-responding-on-forums-for-about-two-weeks-now/?do=findComment&comment=9746023

Second of all:  Ever heard of a little something called 'cross promotion' ?  ( re: Mandalorian season 3 )

i guess EA & Disney  have their justified reasons to completely ignore  SWTOR.

Think about that for a second.

It must be so frustrating for BIOWARE having to work under such conditions.

Your point is? The existence of Mandalorian Season 3 doesn't mean suddenly development of the game is done at light speed. I don't like the lack of news or road maps either, but The Mandalorian getting a new season or not isn't going to change how often we get news or how fast they can develop content for this game. 

18 hours ago, JackieKo said:

First off, appreciate the concern for my well being. :) There were some hardships that happened in the personal life, but things are calming down and getting better. Work-wise, a lot has been happening BTS, so that has taken up a lot of my time. Can't talk about everything just yet, but doing lots of prep work and strategy planning for things to come. I'm looking forward to sharing the details with all of you when I can. 

That's great to hear, Jackie. Can't wait to hear more. Still, I'd appreciate if we could get road maps again, I think having them would help people during times such as these when there aren't as many news coming out. Just a vague idea of when we can expect things to come, then we wouldn't be as needy for news. Regardless, best of luck to you and the rest of the team! 

9 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

My point is:  SWTOR (aka EA ) is $quandering an opportunity to cro$$-promote with another SW  ip  ( 'Mandalorian' season 3 ) .

Hardly a radical point lol

I play 2 other SW games at the moment. SW Galaxy of Heroes & SW Rogue squadron. Neither of them are doing a cross promotion with season 3 of Mandalorian either. They’re actually more interested in doing cross promo with the new SW game, SW Jedi: Survivor. 

17 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I play 2 other SW games at the moment. SW Galaxy of Heroes & SW Rogue squadron. Neither of them are doing a cross promotion with season 3 of Mandalorian either.

hmm no offense but aren't those ^ other 2 games like even older than SWTOR lol ?  ( certainly less relevant )

Either way, 3 wrong$  don't make a right.

Heck,  'Ruhnuk' new storyline is  Mandalorian themed for pete's sake!

Yet another missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm, but aren't those ^ other 2 games like even older than SWTOR lol ?  ( certainly less relevant )

Either way, 3 wrong$  don't make a right.

Heck,  'Ruhnuk' new storyline is  Mandalorian themed for pete's sake!

Yet another missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Squadrons only came out a couple of years ago & SWGOH is about 5-6 years I think. 

I don’t disagree that it’s a missed opportunity. Just showing that it’s not just swtor squandering it. 

The simplest thing swtor could have done is finally add the ultra shiny Mando armor to the CM or a Baby Yoda companion/pet. Pretty sure there would be plenty of money to be made there.

19 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Squadrons only came out a couple of years ago

ohh okay, you meant  just  'SW:Squadrons'  then?  ( not  "Rogue" Squadron , which is from like wayyyyy long time ago  i think lol )

But anyways,  i guess i'm just biased toward  SW MMO's as being the tentpole or whatever.

On-topic:  still looking forward to whatever  JackieKo is getting/planning to  announce soon from her OP.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: added hyperlink to Jackie's post about "happening behind the scenes"

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

ohh okay, you meant  just  'SW:Squadrons'  then?  ( not  "Rogue" Squadron , which is from like wayyyyy long time ago  i think lol )

But anyways,  i guess i'm just biased toward  SW MMO's as being the tentpole or whatever.

On-topic:  still looking forward to whatever  JackieKo is getting/planning to  announce soon from her OP.

Yeah, sorry, miss quoted the title cause my squadron name in the game is Rogue 😎.

I actually have Rogue Squadron too 😁from way back on PS3. 

Not sure what Jackie is going to announce besides a start time for the new seasons of Galactic & PVP or the date patch for taking 64bit live. With no road map from the devs this year, it looks like minimal playable development being done. 

Far as I know, this is the only game where you can go all the way when it comes to Mandoing your character up via space barbie. It def is a lost opportunity in terms of marketing. Some ad consisting of 10 seconds of touched up in-game footage of playerchar at his mandoest,  throw in a baby Yoda companion  for everybody who has Disney+ sub or something, proceed to drown in money:p That damn thing don't even need a voice actor lol

It is a pity BH story is kinda backwards. Imo all of em should start as Mandalorians. C1 should have been about their culture and ways. During C2 and C3, it'd be up to player to decide how heartless, how imperial, how corrupted or pure his Mando char becomes. Sith Empire really starts to notice and use the BH at C2. Will he become corrupted by credits, imperial? Will he remain loyal to the creed? Then Great Hunt at C3, when certain losses and sacrifices would mean more than they do around 10 minutes in. 

In general, Baby Yoda is such an absolute killer product. I have  few kid spies deeply planted in kid world, 11 and 9 years old.  According to intel I keep getting, Star Wars means nothing for this generation, their kid-generations  never really got the Phantom Menace equivalent charmer of all kids type of a thing.  Neither the kids nor their friends care nothing for the new movies, or the old ones. Or cartoons, or tv shows. EXCEPT for Baby Yoda. Him they love! Maybe that eventually turns into interest towards Mandalorian as a tv show, who knows.

Edited by Stradlin

4 hours ago, Stradlin said:

Far as I know, this is the only game where you can go all the way when it comes to Mandoing your character up via space barbie. It def is a lost opportunity in terms of marketing. 10 seconds of touched up in-game footage of playerchar at his mandoest,  throw in a baby Yoda companion  for everybody who has Disney+ sub or something, proceed to drown in money:p That damn thing don't even need a voice actor lol

It is a pity BH story is kinda backwards. Imo all of em should start as Mandalorians. C1 should have been about their culture and ways. During C2 and C3, it'd be up to player to decide how heartless, how imperial, how corrupted or pure his Mando char becomes. Sith Empire really starts to notice and use the BH at C2. Will he become corrupted by credits, imperial? Will he remain loyal to the creed? Then Great Hunt at C3, when certain losses and sacrifices would mean more than they do around 10 minutes in. 

In general, Baby Yoda is such an absolute killer product. I have  few kid spies deeply planted in kid world, 11 and 9 years old.  According to intel I keep getting, Star Wars means nothing for this generation, their kid-generations  never really got the Phantom Menace equivalent charmer of all kids type of a thing.  Neither the kids nor their friends care nothing for the new movies, or the old ones. Or cartoons, or tv shows. EXCEPT for Baby Yoda. Him they love! Maybe that eventually turns into interest towards Mandalorian as a tv show, who knows.

Lucasfilm may not be willing to let the team add-in a Grogu-like pet or companion. I'm sure we'll get some armors and weapons inspired by the new season eventually though, but I wouldn't be surprised if Grogu was off limits.

Woooooo new expansion coming already I can feel it! 

Revenge of the Hutts - For too long the Jedi and Sith have ravaged the galaxy and claimed moral supremacy.  But now a band of the galaxies most undesirables have teamed together to claim their stake of history.  A full on offensive by bounty hunters, mercenaries, and other Hutt forces have made pushes to take over worlds, markets, and widen their smuggling networks more than ever before.  

Sorry just got hyped by what Jackie said ignore me.

Edited by jedipattawan

2 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

Lucasfilm may not be willing to let the team add-in a Grogu-like pet or companion. I'm sure we'll get some armors and weapons inspired by the new season eventually though, but I wouldn't be surprised if Grogu was off limits.

Yeah maybe. Prolly boils down to how much the potential modest success of SWTOR benefits Disney and the tv show. "Little bit" being the most ikely answer imo. 

3 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

Lucasfilm may not be willing to let the team add-in a Grogu-like pet or companion.

Well, they already let SWTOR implement the  Grogu  'side-hover-bed'  ( mini pet ) ....into Cartel Market of course.

And there's already a  "Yoda" species type character in the game too, with  Taral V  flashpoint sequence, etc.

Edited by Nee-Elder

17 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I play 2 other SW games at the moment. SW Galaxy of Heroes & SW Rogue squadron. Neither of them are doing a cross promotion with season 3 of Mandalorian either. They’re actually more interested in doing cross promo with the new SW game, SW Jedi: Survivor. 

That is not 100% true for SWGOH. They changed App Photo to Din and they are running an event for people to get 50 Shards for the characters in Mando (to unlock Beskar Mando). It's not a lot but it is something. And it makes sense to promo Survivor over the show. SWGOH already has the characters from the show while we are just starting to get the characters from Fallen Order

2 hours ago, CrazyScruffy said:

That is not 100% true for SWGOH. They changed App Photo to Din and they are running an event for people to get 50 Shards for the characters in Mando (to unlock Beskar Mando). It's not a lot but it is something. And it makes sense to promo Survivor over the show. SWGOH already has the characters from the show while we are just starting to get the characters from Fallen Order

That’s not true. The extra shards promo at the moment is for the second sister Inquisitor, not the Mandalorian. Not sure when you played last? There is also an event for Cal Kestis shards. The only thing that’s changed is the icon for the app to show the Mando’s pic, that’s it. It’s not exactly a promo or anything. 

On 3/10/2023 at 10:45 AM, Stradlin said:

It is a pity BH story is kinda backwards. Imo all of em should start as Mandalorians.

Even for the players that don't want to be Mandalorians?  The ones who are glad to be able to refuse the opportunity to become a Mandalorian in the current structure?

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Even for the players that don't want to be Mandalorians?  The ones who are glad to be able to refuse the opportunity to become a Mandalorian in the current structure?

Sure. Those who dislike being Mandos  could pick some "I never chose this life, it was forced upon me!" -approach, and pretty much abandon the whole lot during C2&3, and either become closely aligned to Imps or betray errybody.