With out the /kick option I am seeing the same people AFKing in matches constantly

illgot

AFKing in PvP matches is becoming a bigger issue since the kick option has been removed. I just came from 2 matches were multiple players were AFKing. The players are running straight for a corner and using /sit command. When their characters are turned around you can not see them easily and most people walk by them.

Players are AFKing everywhere they can in the game, most players have a stealth option so don't even need to find corners. They can just stealth and AFK in the middle of the map where players do not fight.

We need the option to vote kick players out of matches.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

good job on censoring the name tag but leaving it readable for everyone in chat (nice callout btw lol).

anyway OT: you got triple capped and i assume there was a premade on the otherside and your team's getting owned .....people don't like dying over and over for nothing.

43 minutes ago, meddani said:

good job on censoring the name tag but leaving it readable for everyone in chat (nice callout btw lol).

anyway OT: you got triple capped and i assume there was a premade on the otherside and your team's getting owned .....people don't like dying over and over for nothing.

yeah I saw the name in chat and took out the screenshot. I think people will get the idea without a screenshot of what they are doing.

This player immediately ran to a corner and hid. When I called them out they then ran under the map and hid. I called them out again and they ran around, then returned under the map when I got this screen shot. It's not like they started to hide when we were losing, they immediately started the game trying to hide in corners. Another player was doing the same thing but I didn't get screen shots of them. We were basically 6 vs 8 because of the two AFKers in our match.

This player did the same thing in the previous Huttball and we won 2 to 0. They hid at the start of the game on our goal.

they aren't doing this because of "a premade owned us" they are doing it because they are leaching off their team mates.

https://i.imgur.com/YC1cTjN.png

this was near the end of the game after they didn't move the whole match from our goal.

Edited by illgot

31 minutes ago, illgot said:

yeah I saw the name in chat and took out the screenshot. I think people will get the idea without a screenshot of what they are doing.

np, just calling it out because i think people can get banned for stuff like this.

but i get what you mean, the afkers are annoying but they have been around since launch, really nothing you can do about it.

edit: i can still see his name in your edit-screenshot :D

Edited by meddani
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, meddani said:

np, just calling it out because i think people can get banned for stuff like this.

but i get what you mean, the afkers are annoying but they have been around since launch, really nothing you can do about it.

edit: i can still see his name in your edit-screenshot :D

lol I had to go back and edit that screen shot 3 times now, I didn't realize how many times a players name is listed.😅

Before 7.2 we could vote kick players who were AFKing. That vote kick only succeeded if 50%(?) of the team voted to kick the person and they stayed out of combat.

It was pretty hard to kick a player in a Warzone or GSF out of a match. It could more easily be abused in Arena but doing so almost guarantees your team will be one person short for the rest of the game and I only saw vote kick in arena succeed against stealthers who refused to fight because they were trolling both teams waiting for the game to time out.

With out the vote kick option we now have people boldly AFKing from the start of a match, what's the worse that can happen, they lose while they aren't playing?

In Arena I have noticed stealth players now refusing to fight if they aren't going to win. They will waste every ones time waiting for the arena to time out in both rounds. Three people in my team died and an Assassin refused to fight the enemy, instead they just ran around avoiding the enemy while my team, dead, tried to guide the enemy to their location. The stealth finally died when the match timed out and the next round they didn't even pop out of combat, they spent the whole second round avoiding enemies again.

Usually that behavior is an immediate vote kick. Either the player engages the enemy or gets kicked out of the game. Now, they can sit there and waste 7 peoples time for 10 minutes because they want to throw a temper tantrum.

Edited by illgot

Some contributing factors for the AFKing are -

1. deserter penalties for leaving a match are extremely long

2. Full premade teams against pugs is a joke. Especially the 8 man premades. Solo pugs shouldn’t be against premades.

3. Rewards are still given to people who don’t contribute

4. Medal system should be 100% tied to effort & rewards based off that

5. MVP voting should be returned to reward players who try 

6. Vote to kick should be added back for  16 man matches, but require 3/4 of the team to vote

7. Back filled players should not be penalised for wanting to leave a match in the first 30 secs of loading in. 

Just to be clear, I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with these points. These are just the most common reasons / complaints / ideas on how to improve things to reduce people AFKing 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Some contributing factors for the AFKing are -

1. deserter penalties for leaving a match are extremely long

2. Full premade teams against pugs is a joke. Especially the 8 man premades. Solo pugs shouldn’t be against premades.

3. Rewards are still given to people who don’t contribute

4. Medal system should be 100% tied to effort & rewards based off that

5. MVP voting should be returned to reward players who try 

6. Vote to kick should be added back for  16 man matches, but require 3/4 of the team to vote

7. Back filled players should not be penalised for wanting to leave a match in the first 30 secs of loading in. 

Just to be clear, I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with these points. These are just the most common reasons / complaints / ideas on how to improve things to reduce people AFKing 

I whole heartedly agree with you. The deserter timer needs to be reworked. Premade teams are nearly impossible to win against unless they are truly horrible at PvP. Voting should be added back in even if it does nothing. The medal system still needs work, but none of that excuses players who queue up for PvP and immediately go AFK once they leave the spawn area.

And we need the kick system back.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

The problem with vote kick is that, if it's badly implemented, it can be abused out of malice or elitism.
The problem with removing all rewards for losing is that the game lacks what you have in professional sports: categories. You would either have to find a group of veterans to carry you through the matches, or pray to be pitted against another team of beginners, to ever have a chance of getting something.

As for the afks, yes, it's annoying, even more so when your team actually has a chance to win. Create a channel for players to pug with like-minded individuals, with the same goal, pretty much like you would do in PVE. eg

lfg WZ objectives
lfg Arena - no drag

If someone in the party act contrary to what was agreed upon (eg, going afk or dueling in warzone, when the call was objectives), those aggravated by it can simply legacy ignore that person, so they won't get invited into their parties, nor invite them again by mistake.

I can't find solid numbers of votes in the previous vote kick system. I believe you need 4 people on a team agreeing to kick a person in a warzone and 3 people in arena.

If you were on a node in a defensive position earning Defense Points it would automatically cancel the vote kick. If you engaged in combat or died this would also cancel the vote kick.

In a warzone it was useful for kicking people who would hide AFK somewhere away from a defensive node. If they were AFK on a node earning defensive points it was harder to kick them unless we lost the node and they remained there AFK.

We used this a few times in arena when a team mate would stealth and refuse to fight. We would vote kick them which forced them to initiate combat or be kicked from Arena. We did this when it was obvious our team mate had no intention of actually fighting. If the team mate was waiting out a cool down timer no one ever had issues waiting on them.

Edited by illgot

I disagree for kick system.

Are there reasons?

1.) The players was bad game he/she didn't want leave then can be banned 20 min, 1 hour, 6 hours and 12 hours
2.) Huttball for 0 gate versus 3 gate, have to give up because they're bad game of players and cannot to win
3.) Players do have make nonsense to fight at any time
4.) Players want don't collaborate, have to give up and afk

of course that's normal

2 hours ago, Unterlord said:

I disagree for kick system.

Are there reasons?

1.) The players was bad game he/she didn't want leave then can be banned 20 min, 1 hour, 6 hours and 12 hours
2.) Huttball for 0 gate versus 3 gate, have to give up because they're bad game of players and cannot to win
3.) Players do have make nonsense to fight at any time
4.) Players want don't collaborate, have to give up and afk

of course that's normal

Everything you listed is an excuse selfish players use to justify AFKing continuously in pvp games.

Enemy team just scored, time to AFK, team mates not doing what you want, time to AFK, someone on your team wearing an outfit you don't like, time to AFK.

I have seen the same people AFK in games back to back. They start the match, leave the spawn, hide in a corner and stay there until the game is over. Very next game they will do the same thing. I have also dealt with players like you who will see the enemy team score and go "I'm AFKing the rest of the match, good luck B!&%#!!" then proceed to AFK the rest of the match because things aren't working out like they want.

Vote kick system needs to be added back in for players who they they are justified for AFKing because they either don't feel like actually playing or they don't like how the game is working out and decide it's not worth their time to participate.

Edited by illgot

10 hours ago, yandcabral said:

As for the afks, yes, it's annoying, even more so when your team actually has a chance to win. Create a channel for players to pug with like-minded individuals, with the same goal, pretty much like you would do in PVE. eg

You mean General Chat???? The PVP Channel???? There's enough channels as is.

5 hours ago, Unterlord said:

of course that's normal

All I hear is bad reasons for justifying AFKing, which is literally anything you don't like. If a player AFK's because they either don't feel like actually playing or they don't like how the game is working out and decide it's not worth their time to participate then a kick system will help them meet their goal even better, to get them out the WZ. Sounds like you might deserve the kick system if you participate in that kind of behavior.

21 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

If BioWare just addressed the reasons people AFK, there would be less of a need for a vote kick feature. 

True but since when does Bioware actually directly address PVP issues? They normally just dance around the issue and get really vague until it back fires.

1 hour ago, Weswhitebore said:

You mean General Chat???? The PVP Channel???? There's enough channels as is.

There's a custom channel for pve invitations on Satele Shan and it works perfectly fine.  It's just a suggestion, You are free to join or not.

1 hour ago, Weswhitebore said:

All I hear is bad reasons for justifying AFKing, which is literally anything you don't like. If a player AFK's because they either don't feel like actually playing or they don't like how the game is working out and decide it's not worth their time to participate then a kick system will help them meet their goal even better, to get them out the WZ. Sounds like you might deserve the kick system if you participate in that kind of behavior.

O.P. complained about players entering a match, running to a corner and hiding right from the start, which is not the same as running a completely lopsided match, your team being completely owned in huttball, or being hanged out to dry by your own team.

I agree with O.P., but players with "my way or i kick you" mentality can't have the power to kick other players.

Edited by yandcabral
complement text
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yandcabral said:

There's a custom channel for pve invitations on Satele Shan and it works perfectly fine.  It's just a suggestion, You are free to join or not.

Are you referring to Allies chat which can be used for anything but is just used for PVE content?? The only reason it's not used for PVP is because people 1. Prefer to use fleet 2. Prefer making their own premades of friends or guild mates. 3. Reasons 1 and 2 keep Allies free of PVP content.

4 minutes ago, yandcabral said:

I agree with O.P., but players with "my way or i kick you" mentality can't have the power to kick other players.

It requires a majority vote to kick a player to begin with, so if you're going against the majority of the group, and they think you shouldn't be there or that you aren't contributing anything, then they should have the power to kick other players. What you must realize is that this is group content, not solo content. In the scope of things, your needs as a solo player do not outweigh the needs of a group.

30 minutes ago, yandcabral said:

O.P. complained about players entering a match, running to a corner and hiding right from the start, which is not the same as running a completely lopsided match, your team being completely owned in huttball, or being hanged out to dry by your own team.

no it's the same thing. If you AFK because of <reasons> other than your house being on fire, you should leave the game or not even bother to queue up.

you don't AFK just because the game isn't turning out how you want. If you don't want to participate you leave the game and accept the 20 minute lock out from PvP because it sounds like you might need the break.

Edited by illgot

17 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

Are you referring to Allies chat which can be used for anything but is just used for PVE content?? The only reason it's not used for PVP is because people 1. Prefer to use fleet 2. Prefer making their own premades of friends or guild mates. 3. Reasons 1 and 2 keep Allies free of PVP content.

I'm talking about endgame. And as for pvp, i'm talking about pug groups. No reason why you can't form a team of randoms instead of just joining solo.

18 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

It requires a majority vote to kick a player to begin with, so if you're going against the majority of the group, and they think you shouldn't be there or that you aren't contributing anything, then they should have the power to kick other players. What you must realize is that this is group content, not solo content. In the scope of things, your needs as a solo player do not outweigh the needs of a group.

I agree. That's why i think it's a good idea to go in the chat and form a team where everybody is on the same page. It would avoid having this discussion over and over again. I would like to point out that this would also solve the issue of damage farmers, who ruin war zones for those who want to play the objectives, but are harder to kick out. Also, my idea relies just on resources already available for everyone ingame.

19 minutes ago, illgot said:

no it's the same thing. If you AFK because of <reasons> other than your house being on fire, you should leave the game or not even bother to queue up.

As i said above, all of this discussion can be easily avoided by just the players pugging according to common objectives.

14 hours ago, yandcabral said:

talking about endgame. And as for pvp, i'm talking about pug groups. No reason why you can't form a team of randoms instead of just joining solo.

Endgame content is what majority of players use Allies chat for. So what specifically are you referring to? Use a specific name instead of an generalized description that can fit both general , pvp, and allies chat channels.  You can. There is literally nothing stopping you. You can literally form a premade of 8 people and go into WZs. If 8 random people do not want to join your pug group it's because people do not want to join. It's not an outreach issue or a channels issue, that's a you issue, as in they don't want to join you. 

I agree. That's why i think it's a good idea to go in the chat and form a team where everybody is on the same page.

There is again, nothing stopping you from doing that.

his would also solve the issue of damage farmers, who ruin war zones for those who want to play the objectives, but are harder to kick out

Do you really want to lose some of your biggest heavy hitters and distracting/ moving "punching bags" though?  Someone has to deal the damage and strike fear into the enemy.

• Haha 1

Am 12.1.2023 um 22:56 schrieb illgot:

Everything you listed is an excuse selfish players use to justify AFKing continuously in pvp games.

Puh, that was not an excuse players.

You wrote yourself when the players repeat and make the same spot.
4-times and same spot, then kick it!
That's ok

someday,.... you will understand.
I have a couple of argue.
An innocent player has to be forced to kick out.
It can't be thrown out.

Voidstar, by 2. Round.
We want attacked on door, enemies defends itself.
It is much more powerful defender and impossible to attack.
have to give up and afk

That's normal.

When the players are too bad and defamation
no one will want to work together and ignorant player.
must to give up and afk
That's ok

on Civil War
when the players don't help then I call: east inc 2
nobody help and lost only half points
We didn't have a chance to play the game

have to give up and afk
That's normal.

I have argue I'm sorry!

1 hour ago, Unterlord said:

Puh, that was not an excuse players.

You wrote yourself when the players repeat and make the same spot.
4-times and same spot, then kick it!
That's ok

someday,.... you will understand.
I have a couple of argue.
An innocent player has to be forced to kick out.
It can't be thrown out.

Voidstar, by 2. Round.
We want attacked on door, enemies defends itself.
It is much more powerful defender and impossible to attack.
have to give up and afk

That's normal.

When the players are too bad and defamation
no one will want to work together and ignorant player.
must to give up and afk
That's ok

on Civil War
when the players don't help then I call: east inc 2
nobody help and lost only half points
We didn't have a chance to play the game

have to give up and afk
That's normal.

I have argue I'm sorry!

It's normal to feel frustrated because the opposing team is decent, it is not "normal" to give up and AFK the rest of the game.

I'm sorry, but your idea of normal is spoiling the game for everyone on your team.

Lets put this in real world terms.

You are playing football. The other team is defending their goal and your team is having a hard time kicking the ball in but has not given up yet. Would you...

1. Go hide behind the stands and wait for the game to be over
  2. Keep trying to score because your team members are depending on you

What you are telling us is you would pick the first option. You would hide behind the stands refusing to play the game because it is too hard, then if your team wins walk up and accept your trophy.

That mentality is the reason we need the option to kick players from Warzones.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb illgot:

You are playing football.

by football (huttball)
There are a lot different depending on the situation.
The players don't want to catch ball but only teasing and otherside fighting.
I'm trying to keep where I'm pushed down from sage/sorcerer:
alone can't have to stop or killed.
three gate and have to give up.

Edited by Unterlord

If there was a forfeit option I think that would solve a lot of issues…sometimes you get in a WZ and know within 2-3 minutes that it’s an L. Terrible dps, undergeared players against a premade, etc. What’s the point, might as well afk and read something in the meantime. Not like we can leave…

Edited by AwesomeTacoCat
  • Like 5