What's your favourite story beat?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Across all class stories and expansions to date, what part do you find the coolest to play through each time?

For me, it's the whole mini-arc in the mid to late parts of the Inquisitor story about getting Xalek as your apprentice. I always look forward to those trips between planets back to Korriban, the relationship you can choose to have with Harkun and such, I love how he HAS to treat you with the utmost respect by the time you return haha, it's possibly the most "Lordly" I felt in all the Sith stories. Really helps show your growth through the story since the last time you interacted with Harkun. And it's such a unique experience among the classes to recruit a companion in the EXACT way you yourself started the game. I'm still a little sad we never got to do that on the Jedi side of things, go back to Tython and pick an apprentice from a group of new arrivals, be their Orgus Din haha

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Like 3

I too like the inquisitor finale. For me, in addition to the whole interaction with Harkun, is also the final fight with Thanaton.

It is clear, visible and has great musical background. 

Unlike when you face off with the 3 "versions" of the Emperor in Endgame portion. That fight is just too "busy" - too many flashing lights, poor visibility. 

I also like the BH final fight of her "Vanilla" story.

• Like 3

For me it was the reunion on Odessen between my fem Jedi Consular and Zenith. Even if he is still the same stubborn anti-Imperial, he finally had the courage to talk about his feelings and that made the conversation feel very real and intimate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercielaga said:

Weirdly, though I'm not that big on KOTFE / KOTET, I'd have to say several of the moments during the heist chapter with Gault and Vette, or possibly the sparkfly swamp scene on Zakuul, with Lana.

Endless Swamp(1), but yes for that scene.

(1) "It's an old name.  People were more dramatic back then."

EDIT: a "sparkfly" is a critter in Guild Wars 2.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

There's a few, but the one that stood out to me since the first time I played it, was the Trooper Storyline Chapter 2 the gauntlet mission.  It felt like it all came together with the entire Havoc Squad assaulting an enemy ship. The mission gave you an actual black ops feel of few vs many, rather than being a Goku destroying everyone by yourself like most class stories seem to do (I mean you still do that, no getting away from it, but there's more team cohesion than anywhere else).  Your companion even gets injured during the mission and out of action for a little bit, showing that you guys are not invincible.  It's the most grounded SW mission to date.  No silly emperor ghost healing you, as you take a lightsaber through the torso, no wiping out a whole army by your lonesome, but an actual mission for your whole black ops team.  I know there are some missions in the later expansion, like Kofte for instance where you swap between various companions throughout the same chapter, all working towards the same goal, but it's not the same as having your whole team roll out at the start.

Other notable mentions : The Sith Warrior story on DK that MaximusNaughtius mentioned.  Punching a Nobleman on Alderaan as the BH, Waving your hand against a Sith on Tatooine as a smuggler when her mind control powers fail, and some others. 

• Like 1

Profit and Plunder heist from Fallen Empire. The heist plan is so outrageous and it works. It's fun to listen to Gault explain it then you do it. It's a nice light hearted break from all the seriousness you just went through.

My favorite cinematic is confronting Saresh trying to usurp your leadership in Eternal Throne. It's so dramatic and satisfying to converse. Sometimes I'll punch her other times respond verbally. The best part is Theron approves whether you kill her or lock her up.

Speaking of, Theron's marriage proposal is the sweetest. After all that happened, it's the emotional closure that's needed.

Edited by Hadsil

On 1/5/2023 at 3:49 AM, MythallarSWToR said:

My favorite moment is when I get to punch and kill Saresh. She totally deserves that! 😈

What they did to Saresh from the time of Pub side Taris to KOTFE was.. pitiful. On one hand, they chose a good character to use for this because of the GenoHaradan's history with the Republic and Saresh's own past. That's where it stops being good. I'm upset because she actually makes a lot of sense in her dogmatic anti-Imperial ways, even if she was presented to be a self-serving power hungry backstabber working with the galaxy's most professional and effective assassins in later expansions and they made her a joke. She was a 'typical politician' from the start, as shown with idealistic she was at the cost of anything on Taris, and then cracks furthered with her showing her face on Makeb iirc, but she still was the sort of leader that would have gone to town on the Empire if given the opportunity. She got that chance on Ziost, which proved to be a blunder for the ages and it worked for the story at the time but it undermines what makes her a sympathetic and quality character.

It doesn't help that every time she showed her face, she was active opposition or acting as an annoying leash to characters the player was to be endeared to, like Theron, Satele (Shadow of Revan), and eventually the player regardless of previous faction in KOTFE. She became the stereotypical moustache-twirling villain with a plan a middle schooler could top after scheming her way up the totem pole in the Republic and I despised it. Even worse is the reaction to it. Very few were questioning this sudden leap off the cliff. It wasn't cunning, it had no logical bridges, and it had no firm resolution unless you chose to kill her. An unsatisfying mess and end to a character that had an established and sympathetic background, stood as an example of an anti-Imperial fanatic at the helm of the Republic (would like more of this considering the whole decades of war/slavery/massacres thing and less equating the two sides), and another example of why KOTFE-Iokath was a great example of how not to handle your own lore playground. She was not the only vanilla-casualty after all. 

But to answer OP, I agree on your Xalek one! Back when everything was grindier, it felt like an actual reward to get to Xalek, even if he was another tank. I have to say I have a LOT of favorites but one of my top 5 all time would be the conversation the Warrior has with their reflection on Tatooine, followed by the Agent's finale on Tatooine as well. One felt exceptionally unique (and arguably should have been for the Inq), and reactive to the player's choices up to that point, and the other felt like a true conclusion to a space western. The setting was perfect, the leadup was worthwhile (though Baras' agent hyping up every step was sort of over the top lol), and they were personally satisfying ends to the arcs. Runner-up being the Hunter physically ejecting the flailing suitor on Alderaan!

• Like 1

One of the great things about SWTOR is that it has so many wonderful moments that it's hard to choose favorites...

But there is one that I'll note in particular, I think...

Spoiler

Fuse's redemption on Tatooine during the Trooper's story - with the added bonus that, if he lives, you can bring up him rejoining Havoc with Garza when she tells you to fill out the squad in chapter two, though she refuses to allow it...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DarthCasus said:

What they did to Saresh from the time of Pub side Taris to KOTFE was.. pitiful.

Go to Taris on a character that hasn't done the initial Saresh mission (to drop bombs in the tunnels), and *listen* to what she says to Hull.

In essence, she was always a hardnosed [REDACTED] who cared nothing for anyone who wasn't 100% on-message with *Saresh's* message.

• Like 2

Soooo many things to choose from.  Here's a couple:
** HK-55 blasting all of the spider creatures when the Gravestone was being cleaned up.  (Koth watching on)
** The count down when Vett was inside of the missile at the beginning of the gold heist!
** Several one liners with Vaverone Zare (before the cave incident)
** The expression on Risha's face when flirting with Master Sumalee (especially on that last holo call) ... Priceless!! (I've never cared for Risha)
** Gault ... during the gold heist ... "Time for plan B!"  (what's plan B?) ...  Run and hope for a plan C !"  (I actually enjoyed all of chapter XIII Profit and Plunder).

There's sooo many more.  These just come to mind right now!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

** The count down when Vett was inside of the missile at the beginning of the gold heist!

Oh, god, yes. That one. It's both terrifying (the first time) and hilarious (further playthroughs). It gets even better with a Warrior,

Spoiler

the way she pops out of the missile shouting 'ka-boom!' and stops and stares.

34 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

Oh, god, yes. That one. It's both terrifying (the first time) and hilarious (further playthroughs). It gets even better with a Warrior,

Hide contents

the way she pops out of the missile shouting 'ka-boom!' and stops and stares.

So much of this sort of camaraderie is so much of what has added a special approach to how SWTOR has been developed over the years.  It really does add to the overall game!  (At least it does to me).   So much fun over the years!

I'm actually toying with the idea of creating YET another smuggler character just to have a little fun with those good memories one last time!