In-game events for December

CommunityTeam

Quite honestly, I'm not surprised at all.

** 7.2 is not being met with open arms (PvP stuff).  It should be noted that I'm somewhat ambivalent to 7.2 since I'm not involved with PvP.  The rest I will wait until it's released, and I see it firsthand before I pass judgement. 

** The absence of Life Day ...  the results of key players not liking it to begin with: particularly the snowball fight stuff (personally I like it a HECK of a lot better than the Hutt feast). 

** Five days is waaaay to brief for Life Day.

** Let's face it ... the rewards would probably be the same.  That's kind of boring (although I could use a few more Wampa rugs). 

** At this point ... I have to be asking that question again "What's REALLY going on behind the scenes?" 

IMO there's just something that is just NOT adding up.  Another game in the works?  (Not necessarily SWTOR related).    I'm not trying to be rude but, man ...  this is a bit frustrating! 

12 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

** At this point ... I have to be asking that question again "What's REALLY going on behind the scenes?"

Occam's Razor, that's what.  In other words, it's just as obvious as most everyone thinks:  EA doesn't  $upport this game anymore, because Cartel Market does,  so BioWare tries as much as they are allowed to with what little time/resources/interest  they have left at this point after 10+ years.

Coders are busy coding for 7.2  ... Lead-Producers are busy doing the job and fulfilling their obligatory contracts  ...  Community-Manager does her best.

Simple.

20 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

there's just something that is just NOT adding up.  Another game in the works?  (Not necessarily SWTOR related).

Hopefullly  it's  SWG-2 , but i doubt it.

Heck  i'd even take SWTOR-2  with new game engine. :cool:

21 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I'm not trying to be rude but, man ...  this is a bit frustrating! 

i don't think i've ever seen you type a "rude"  ANYTHING here on these forums. :ph_cheers:

p.s.  Expect a "big" announcement post from  either JackieKo or EricMusco  this coming week, now that December is officially here.

29 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

It doesn't have to be just 5 days. They could start it December 20 and have it go until New Year's (7 more days) or even another week later (ending January 8-9).

Possibly ...  Dec 20 to Jan 9.  That's 3 weeks!  I would prefer to back that up a week:  Dec 13 to Jan 3.  I'm just surprised that an event like that would be left out (accidental or otherwise).  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Occam's Razor, that's what.  In other words, it's just as obvious as most everyone thinks:  EA doesn't  $upport this game anymore, because Cartel Market does,  so BioWare tries as much as they are allowed to with what little time/resources/interest  they have left at this point after 10+ years.

Coders are busy coding for 7.2  ... Lead-Producers are busy doing the job and fulfilling their obligatory contracts  ...  Community-Manager does her best.

Simple.

Hopefullly  it's  SWG-2 , but i doubt it.

Heck  i'd even take SWTOR-2  with new game engine. :cool:

i don't think i've ever seen you type a "rude"  ANYTHING here on these forums. :ph_cheers:

p.s.  Expect a "big" announcement post from  either JackieKo or EricMusco  this coming week, now that December is officially here.

** Everyone at BW is doing what they should be doing (or allowed to do under possible constraints).  I'm quite certain that much of the staff wears more than just one hat (particularly those in management positions).  

** Once again high marks for JackieKo.  Kind of wish that some of the others were a bit more responsive from time to time.  

** Hope you are right about the announcement.  Although I would probably suspect that any announcements would follow the format laid out in the December schedule.  

UNLESS ...  instead of the normal Lifeday event we get a block party of some sort!  (Also lasting several weeks on multiple planets) ...

Hmmmm

NAH!  Kind of doubt that last part too!

And yet again the silence from the devs is deafening.

I can understand not giving a solid date for 7.2, as things can change rapidly in development. This is pretty normal for all live service games.

But not getting any info about Life Day, is dissapointing to say the least, but not getting info is SOP for the devs.

As it was said in the Republic Commando book Hard Contact: "We need more intel with our intel".

As it is, we are flying blind into enemy territory...

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a typo.

The GS objectives went out today, and Unranked is still mentioned on the furthest week out.

I think it's safe to say, based on their silence (which sadly is the norm now), that Life Day is delayed, and 7.2 ain't coming by the end of the year.

Can you please COMMUNICATE WITH US?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NicoleMay said:

The GS objectives went out today, and Unranked is still mentioned on the furthest week out.

I think it's safe to say, based on their silence (which sadly is the norm now), that Life Day is delayed, and 7.2 ain't coming by the end of the year.

Can you please COMMUNICATE WITH US?

Communcation, or lack thereof, is sadly BioWare's MO, and has been for a long time. They promise more and better communication with us, and then fails to do so, unless something blows up in spectacular fashion here on the forums. We are mostly left to our own devices, and talk amongst ourselves, wich leads to speculation about things not being said by the devs like Life Day being a thing or not this year...

• Like 2

When we assume that a lot of the story content from 7.2 was originally planned for 7.0, which I feel confident about. And we will not see 7.2 this year. That means it took them more than a year to finally release what was originally planned for 7.0...now that is a depressing thought. Moreso because a lot or work went into a UI which I still very much dislike, despite being used to by now.

I still like the game, I am still looking forward to the new content but man this SWTOR year has been dissapointing.

Edited by Gokkus
  • Like 2

I don't need an update for 7.2. But the ONLY event I've been looking forward to is Life Day.  And this time of year I have time to play it. I can't be the only one who uses some of their holiday vacation playing. PLEASE give us Life Day for December! :classic_sad: For me, no other event can compete with wookiee hugging.

• Like 1