manaan cargo bug

AnknowH

47 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

work around

my work around, was not get so close to the console.

I creep close enough where the pointer finger just turns color .

looks to me, we spawn in the cargo droid on top of the console chair, and stuck on it,  you would think a simple /stuck would work , but it doesn't

2 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

my work around, was not get so close to the console.

I creep close enough where the pointer finger just turns color .

looks to me, we spawn in the cargo droid on top of the console chair, and stuck on it,  you would think a simple /stuck would work , but it doesn't

I tried this myself last night. The problem is it doesn’t put me in the room with the crate. It keeps me in the room where you click the console. 50% of the time I’m stuck in the console.

I’ve tried going back to my strong hold, I’ve tried going to the fleet & I’ve even tried portaling from the Manaan reset point.

Either I’m doing something wrong (which is possible) or it’s too bugged to proceed (which is likely)

Would love a solution to this problem BioWare.
I paid $20 for zero game play for the last 2 weeks. Only option is to unsubscribe again.

Its been 11 months & BioWare still haven’t fixed this bug & I can’t progress.

I doubt I’ll ever be back if this is how they are going to continue under current leadership. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:06 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Just started playing again & I’m stuck on this quest too.
I’ve tried everything suggested in this thread & nothing works 😞.

Feels like my only option is to cancel my sub again. 

Has anyone made a video with a working, work around to show people how to get through this? 

To be clear: have you gone to a stronghold (or fleet) and then reentered the quest using the "Launch" or "Play" button in your quest tracker? Every time one of my guildies gets stuck, this fixes it. Note that going to a stronghold and using "return to manaan" does not work.

Edit: I did see that you said you'd gone to a stronghold, but it was unclear how you returned to the quest area. If you've already tried with the launch button then I apologize for the redundancy.

Edited by Crystal_Mind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crystal_Mind said:

To be clear: have you gone to a stronghold (or fleet) and then reentered the quest using the "Launch" or "Play" button in your quest tracker? Every time one of my guildies gets stuck, this fixes it. Note that going to a stronghold and using "return to manaan" does not work.

Edit: I did see that you said you'd gone to a stronghold, but it was unclear how you returned to the quest area. If you've already tried with the launch button then I apologize for the redundancy.

I’ve tried it both ways. By resetting the quest & using the launch/play button as well as trying return to Manaan using the Strong Hold exit. Both take me back to Manaan. 
The issue is clicking the terminal. Each time it either puts me into the same room as the console you click or into the console itself. 
From what I’ve read, it’s supposed to put you in the other room & that’s not happening. 
I’ve tried clicking the console from behind & near the window, tried on top, tried on the side, in front & barely in range. I’ve literally tried 20 different combinations. Nothing puts me into the other room.

I’m going to unsub. Honestly, this shouldn’t still be a bug 11 months later. It just shows BioWare don’t care about fixing game breaking bugs as long as the majority of players can work around it. It’s part of the reason I unsubbed last February because I got stuck on this exact bug then. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve tried clicking the console from behind & near the window, tried on top, tried on the side, in front & barely in range. I’ve literally tried 20 different combinations. Nothing puts me into the other room.

but , have you tried it naked

only thing I can think of, and doubt it do any thing productive,  is change your graphics resolution , probably nothing, might as well clap your hands three times, while spinning will have the same effect as a graphic change, 🤷‍♂️

@JackieKo
When is the BioWare bug Team back at work? 
I would really like some help or an answer from them regarding this issue.

I literally can’t progress because of this bug. I’ve only just came back as a subscriber & I’m paying $20 for a game I’m not able to play 😡 & this is where my characters up to. 
This bug was part of the reason I originally unsubbed last February 2022.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi all, 

This bug has been on our radar since we mentioned it on the known issues list. We are still investigating it especially with the reports of the workaround not working for every player. I'll update this thread when I have more info. I just wanted to chime in here to let you all know that we are actively looking into the edge cases we are seeing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

This bug has been on our radar since we mentioned it on the known issues list. We are still investigating it especially with the reports of the workaround not working for every player. I'll update this thread when I have more info. I just wanted to chime in here to let you all know that we are actively looking into the edge cases we are seeing. 

Thanks for responding @JackieKo, it’s appreciated. But what am I meant to do in the meantime 🤷🏻‍♀️

I specifically resubbed to play the story & I’ve not been able to. I basically flushed $20au down the drain. 
The monthly renewal is due next week I think. Im obviously not going to want to flush another $20.

Is there a time frame on a fix? It’s already been close to 11 months for this game breaking bug.

Can BioWare offer a free sub or other incentive till the issue is fixed?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Dev Post
16 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks for responding @JackieKo, it’s appreciated. But what am I meant to do in the meantime 🤷🏻‍♀️

I specifically resubbed to play the story & I’ve not been able to. I basically flushed $20au down the drain. 
The monthly renewal is due next week I think. Im obviously not going to want to flush another $20.

Is there a time frame on a fix? It’s already been close to 11 months for this game breaking bug.

Trixxie, I'll reach out to you privately as I need more information from you. 

For everyone else in the thread and anyone else who may be following along, if the workarounds are not working for you, please create an in-game ticket and reach out to support for further assistance for this specific bug.  In the event you are not able to create an in-game ticket, you may reach out via support@swtor.com however you MUST include your account name in your inquiry. 

In terms of time frame on a fix, I do not currently have that info outside of it will be coming in a future patch. I will update this thread when I know more.

Thanks, all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

recorded 3 attempts , be a while  for them to up load.

first I used the sneak up to console, I wasn't stuck, but I wasn't in the right room, I don't think I was, since there was nothing to lift, or interact with, but I could go down the hallways, till I couldn't fit (didn't record that part)

second was from behind, next back to window,  that was just being stuck behind the console against window

third was just standing in front of console, and just plan stuck

Edited by Achnaattwo
added video links

On 1/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

Same here - I just resubbed to play the story.

Didn't expect I will get stuck and not able to progress (have tried most of the suggestion from the post but not working at all).

Do not want my $20 to get wasted for nothing =.=

Edited by ZoeHartman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoeHartman said:

Same here - I just resubbed to play the story.

Didn't expect I will get stuck and not able to progress (have tried most of the suggestion from the post but not working at all).

Do not want my $20 to get wasted for nothing =.=

@JackieKosaid for me to contact support in the game under the sub title  of “missions”.

I’ve done so & received an email from support to say they progressed my character a step past where I was getting stuck. I’ve not yet had a chance to log back in & check. So fingers crossed it’s fixed for me.

I would suggest you try the same & if you get no resolution from support, contact Jackie directly on the forums & see if she can try & resolve it for you. 

• Like 1

Was becoming VERY frustrated with this issue but eventually - after nearly 20 attempts - got the "behind the screen" work-around to work.

@JackieKo maybe instead of investigating why some work-arounds work and other don't just do something proactive and move the Loader Spawn Point.

What is the very worst that can happen?  The quest will bug-out for some people?  Well, news flash... ...guess what... ...it is already bugged out for some people.

All The Best

• Like 1

wonder if there is some kind of d-sync going on here, if That is why  it sometimes works, and some times it don't

4 hours ago, DarthSpuds said:

Was becoming VERY frustrated with this issue but eventually - after nearly 20 attempts - got the "behind the screen" work-around to work.

@JackieKo maybe instead of investigating why some work-arounds work and other don't just do something proactive and move the Loader Spawn Point.

What is the very worst that can happen?  The quest will bug-out for some people?  Well, news flash... ...guess what... ...it is already bugged out for some people.

All The Best

no matter who, acts like a lottery, if it's going to work,

But I agree, seems the loaders spawn is the biggest problem, move the spawn point further into the room, and test it first

On 1/12/2023 at 4:54 AM, JackieKo said:

Trixxie, I'll reach out to you privately as I need more information from you. 

For everyone else in the thread and anyone else who may be following along, if the workarounds are not working for you, please create an in-game ticket and reach out to support for further assistance for this specific bug.  In the event you are not able to create an in-game ticket, you may reach out via support@swtor.com however you MUST include your account name in your inquiry. 

In terms of time frame on a fix, I do not currently have that info outside of it will be coming in a future patch. I will update this thread when I know more.

Thanks, all. 

Just wanted to publicly thank @JackieKofor personally getting involved to help progress my stuck character & to thank the CS person in the game who helped so quickly. 

My suggestion to anyone having this problem is to lodge a ticket under missions. If you don’t get it resolved in 24-36 hours, reach out to Jackie here.