The New Forums are here!

JackieKo

36 minutes ago, JesseReid said:

If you can keep track of the times and pages it happens on I can check the logs. Might be something I need to pass along to Invision (forum software company) to check on.  Send me a DM with more details if you see it happen again.  

17 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Can confirm. I've noticed this often too. I will record future instances. 

On 11/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, JesseReid said:

If you can keep track of the times and pages it happens on I can check the logs.

That is something we're looking into. 

hey  @JesseReid@JackieKo sorry to bug you again  but  i just got another NEW weird  screen that might also be worth looking into....

https://i.imgur.com/e9FGQav.jpg

....  very strange ,no?   It happened  immediately after i was typing out a new thread (draft tab) and then the moment i clicked *post* (submit)  i got that ^  screenshot showing "update in progress" message for a couple minutes.

Anyone  else seen that before?

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Sad 1

• Dev Post

A new version of the software was scheduled for deploy sometime this week so you got unlucky and visited during that period. 🙂 It will happen every month and shouldn't take very long, the process is handled by Invision who manage/run the forum software.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JesseReid said:

A new version of the software was scheduled for deploy sometime this week so you got unlucky and visited during that period. 🙂 It will happen every month and shouldn't take very long, the process is handled by Invision who manage/run the forum software.

ahhh ok , thanks for the reply  and i'm glad to see my infamouse in-game  loot-UN-luck has now followed me to these Forums :eek:

• Confused 1

• Dev Post

@Sarova@Hudlar and anyone else who was looking for a way to make the post text size larger there is now a toggle. On desktop you can find it in the dropdown in the top left where it shows your username. And on mobile it is in the menu toggle in the top right. Look for the checkbox that says "Increase font-size for content?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JesseReid said:

@Sarova@Hudlar and anyone else who was looking for a way to make the post text size larger there is now a toggle. On desktop you can find it in the dropdown in the top left where it shows your username. And on mobile it is in the menu toggle in the top right. Look for the checkbox that says "Increase font-size for content?"

Thanks so much--I really appreciate it! The text is much more readable for me on mobile now. I'd like the option to enlarge the text even further on mobile, but if that's not possible, no worries!

On 11/11/2022 at 9:25 PM, JesseReid said:

🥳 Thank you!!

On 11/11/2022 at 1:25 PM, JesseReid said:

Thanks very much!

• Sad 1

Sorry to bother  you @JesseReid again , but i noticed today u guys made a slight  change by adding the 'BW:Dev'  icon in 2 places:

•  first, beside a  BioWare stickied or replied to  thread on each section's  listing of threads
  •  second, just under a BioWare  rep's  forum-handle  (name)

So, some quick feedback on those 2 icons ^ .... The 1st one looks great!  But  imho the 2nd one is wayyy too LARGE , redudant, and obtrusive. (dare i say, even sorta  ostentatious :eek: )

*Looks like they have since removed the 2nd "too large" icon version after seeing my post.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: size matters not! (err, depends on what )
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Don’t know if this has been answered or discussed, but what happened to the ignore feature on the forums?

Has it been fully removed or been hidden or am I just not seeing it?

Also, what is the daily limit on using reaction emoji’s & why is there a limit at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by TrixxieTriss

45 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Also, what is the daily limit on using reaction emoji’s & why is there a limit at all

See this other related topic thread about it ( for reasons ) --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927004-sorry-you-cannot-add-any-more-reactions-today/

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: wrong about 'ignore' function anew

43 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Don’t know if this has been answered or discussed, but what happened to the ignore feature on the forums?

Has it been fully removed or been hidden or am I just not seeing it?

Also, what is the daily limit on using reaction emoji’s & why is there a limit at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

To ignore someone, mouseover their name in a post and a pop up appears. Ignore is one of the options at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

To ignore someone, mouseover their name in a post and a pop up appears. Ignore is one of the options at the bottom.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be an option if youre using a phone or tablet. Unless I’m doing it wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 6:24 PM, Achnaattwo said:

did I miss Phase 2 ?

Not sure but when i made a new topic i had an option to set it to publish by a certain day and time but it ended up posting instantly.

I unchecked a box at the bottom and it let me click a day on a calendar and put the time. I either missed something or it rolled out too soon and was not finished. *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hey everyone, just a quick note to say that the next/previous dev post feature is currently broken. We're working with Invision to get the plugin fixed and for it to support the new Broadsword group.

Also, @svobu forgot to reply earlier but I fixed that translation issue a while back, let me know if you run into anything else that is missing or incorrect. If you ever get stuck in a different language you can change it back to English using the dropdown at the bottom of the page.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, JesseReid said:

Also, @svobu forgot to reply earlier but I fixed that translation issue a while back, let me know if you run into anything else that is missing or incorrect. If you ever get stuck in a different language you can change it back to English using the dropdown at the bottom of the page.

Hello @JesseReid. Yes, can confirm the issue is gone now. Forum stays in english. Thank you!

@JackieKo cannot see the new calendar when logged in or logged out of my account. It says "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."

When logged out, it says "

The page you are trying to access is not available to guests, but may be available if you sign in.

"
Edited by Ludwig_VanCover