Planned Balance Changes for 7.1.1

ChrisDurel

You know it’d just be best if the Devs just came out and said “We don’t like lightning sorcs/telekinetic sages, we’re biased against them, that’s why we’re nerfing them.” cause honestly, they’ve pretty much just given us all the middle finger and said they don’t care what feedback we have, what Parsley says, they are going to nerf classes they are biased against.

The weakest arguments I’ve heard is this is to get people to play other specs and classes as if I don’t already play a guardian/juggernaut tank, vigilance/vengeance guardian/juggernaut, a powertech tank, a deception assassin, and a lightning sorc. Yeah I have all 8 classes pre-7.0 as I am a legendary player and got the max level achievements. So that argument is completely and utterly pointless. In the end they just don’t care about fixing issues, bugs or that what they do affects the PVE community due to there being no separation between PVP and PVE.

It’s been said by many in this forum post the devs are refusing to listen to the majority of the player base who are saying don’t do this.

Do us all a favor devs, stop asking us for feedback if you’re just going to give us the middle finger and do it anyway. Thanks.

Edited by DarthEnrique
  • Thanks 1

You would think they have internal statistics that they could share with us to help any of this make sense.
I'd like to see what percentage of Lightning Sorcs/TK Sages clear HM/NiM Ops versus other classes.
These are the type of data that is relevant to so called "balance issues", and it should be shared with the player community to reinforce weighing feedback into decisions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMightyIokua said:

You would think they have internal statistics that they could share with us to help any of this make sense.
I'd like to see what percentage of Lightning Sorcs/TK Sages clear HM/NiM Ops versus other classes.
These are the type of data that is relevant to so called "balance issues", and it should be shared with the player community to reinforce weighing feedback into decisions.

They aren’t going to do cause it doesn’t exist. Love to know any HM/NiM groups that have been taking lightning sorcs/telekinetic sage into them since 7.0 dropped cause I haven’t. Not that the devs care but if any have, they were more than likely carried by a group that had the DPS to do so.

Edited by DarthEnrique

3 hours ago, DarthEnrique said:

They aren’t going to do cause it doesn’t exist. Love to know any HM/NiM groups that have been taking lightning sorcs/telekinetic sage into them since 7.0 dropped cause I haven’t. Not that the devs care but if any have, they were more than likely carried by a group that had the DPS to do so.

Actually on parsely only uplaoded parses are shown, I reckon that hardcasting HO made sorc so easy even in things like EV/KP SM they were massively overperforming in comparison to probably all other classes, that combined with the lightning being the most played class in the game paints the picture the devs work with and it does make sense to nerf not only a overperforming, but also the most popular class. Parsely is not a realistic statistic, it's favored towards the minority which are topparses/NiM players and has very little to do with the 80% or so of the game that parsely ignores.

Look, to any lightning sorc OTPs that feel like they aren't viable in raiding anymore - madness exists. Furthermore Lightning was already not great, it's just a worse pyro in almost every way. Now it's just an even worse pyro, so it doesn't really matter.

Why don't they just nerf what they need to nerf in the PvP arena (which is all Dev cares about anyway, they have ignored PvE for years, mainly because the useless part time CEO, part time Doctor, Part time business man, full time useless manager, loves PvP so it gets all the attention). They nerf when in certain zones, do the same for PvP and leave the classes in general alone!! Sorc are already weak enough in the PvE world

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TheMightyIokua said:

https://parsely.io/parser/operation-stats/all/8/SM/dps/live/

Story

https://parsely.io/parser/operation-stats/all/8/VM/dps/live/

Vet

https://parsely.io/parser/operation-stats/all/8/MM/dps/live/

Master

Operation statistics. TK isn't even in top 5 on all bosses combined.

Edited by codydmaan

18 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

And getting that upset about class changes isn't?

Personally, its whatever, but the changes makes no sense pve wise when it comes to Master mode ops. They asked for feedback, and just ignored it, because evidently, they know better. Seriously I want them to take 4 lightning sorcs and go do Gods Nim. Im really curious how it will turn out. 

But you know what? They never will , because I dont believe they even test performance of specs in Master Mode Operations scenario

6 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

Actually on parsely only uplaoded parses are shown, I reckon that hardcasting HO made sorc so easy even in things like EV/KP SM they were massively overperforming in comparison to probably all other classes, that combined with the lightning being the most played class in the game paints the picture the devs work with and it does make sense to nerf not only a overperforming, but also the most popular class. Parsely is not a realistic statistic, it's favored towards the minority which are topparses/NiM players and has very little to do with the 80% or so of the game that parsely ignores.

Look, to any lightning sorc OTPs that feel like they aren't viable in raiding anymore - madness exists. Furthermore Lightning was already not great, it's just a worse pyro in almost every way. Now it's just an even worse pyro, so it doesn't really matter.

Dude, stop trolling cause that’s all you are. You’re not giving factual input, you’re being biased just like Bioware. What a lightning sorc do to you? Did you go into a PVP match and a lightning sorc kicked your butt cause you don’t know how to play your class so now you’re sore and want them nerfed? Go somewhere if you’re not actually going to look at Parsley and just spew nonsense thank you!

Edited by DarthEnrique
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpikeSaber said:

Personally, its whatever, but the changes makes no sense pve wise when it comes to Master mode ops. They asked for feedback, and just ignored it, because evidently, they know better. Seriously I want them to take 4 lightning sorcs and go do Gods Nim. Im really curious how it will turn out. 

But you know what? They never will , because I dont believe they even test performance of specs in Master Mode Operations scenario

Just ignore the guy he obviously an ignorant troll who is coming in here trying to act like he knows what he’s talking about when he doesn’t as he doesn’t know how raiding works in this game and that people who do VM and NiM OPS are not going to take specs that can’t pull the numbers due to their spec being nerfed and it’d be a waste of time.

Edited by DarthEnrique

2 minutes ago, WoRei said:

First you write that Lightning is massively overpowered compared to all (!) other classes.

Then you write that Lightning is the most played class (based on which numbers? Out of your butt?) and therefore needs to be nerfed?
I can only hope that the number of players per class in the game is not a basis for balancing - not even Bioware can be that stupid.

Finally you write that Lightning was the worse Pyro anyway and actually not good at all before the nerf (you probably don't even notice that you contradict yourself).

Conclusion: You are just a stupid troll in the forum and should be ignored.

Bingo!

58 minutes ago, WoRei said:

First you write that Lightning is massively overpowered compared to all (!) other classes.

Then you write that Lightning is the most played class (based on which numbers? Out of your butt?) and therefore needs to be nerfed?
I can only hope that the number of players per class in the game is not a basis for balancing - not even Bioware can be that stupid.

Finally you write that Lightning was the worse Pyro anyway and actually not good at all before the nerf (you probably don't even notice that you contradict yourself).

Agree

I main Arsenal and Telekinetics.

Dear Devs, if you want me to quit the game, just tell me directly instead of passive aggressively putting/leaving my specs in the dumpster. I do not understand this. In my raid team, we sometimes struggle for dps. I can now carry less weight. That bothers me. Merc is no option, has less range and even less dps. I unfortunately don't enjoy dot specs a lot. I don't enjoy sniper. So now, I'm kinda forced to play something I don't enjoy as much, or have an even harder time. Thank you for that. I hope my chad melee friends can carry dps. I hope you calculated this properly, and it won't be nerfed into the ground. 

Sincerely, a faithful player since 1.2.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Shabir_Dhillon said:

Hello everyone, 

Shabir here and I am a Gameplay Designer on SWTOR. I wanted to start by saying we appreciate everyone for taking the time and effort to give feedback on the changes. I wanted to explain some of the changes we are making in the upcoming patch: 

Lightning/Telekinetics:

• Patch Notes:  

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Critical hit damage bonus goes to 12% (down from 15%).

• Thundering Blast/Turbulence - Second arc of damage deals 20% of Turbulence's damage (down from 25%).  

• Storm watch damage decreased by 4%

• Halted Offensive/Power of the Force cast time increased to 3.0 seconds (up from 2.5 seconds). Alacrity still affects cast time. 

• Decrease Halted Offensive’s/Power of the Force’s damage by 15%.

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Thundering Blast/ Turbulence grants Reserved Darkness/Reserved Light, making Dark Heal/Benevolence an instant cast and increasing its healing by 30%. Stacks up to 2 times.

• Thunder and Lightning/Incoming Turbulence ability mod have their damage increased to 10% (up from 5%) and includes Halted Offensive/ Power of the Force.

Developer Feedback:

• Lightning/Telekinetics is exceeding our DPS targets as a Ranged Burst spec role. For this reason, we are making the following changes:

• Halted Offensive/Power of the Force cast time increased to 3.0 seconds (up from 2.5 seconds).

• An increase to cast time allows players to not feel as if they have to hard cast this ability especially in situations that require mobility. 

• Decrease Halted Offensive’s/Power of the Force’s damage by 15%

• This change was made to bring the ability’s damage into line to its intended damage value and bring the Ranged Burst spec’s damage correctly into line with the DPS targets. 

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Thundering Blast/Turbulence grants Reserved Darkness/Reserved Light, making Dark Heal/Benevolence an instant cast and increasing its healing by 30%. Stacks up to 2 times.

• The change to the Convection/Clamoring Force passive is made in addition to the currently existing passive. The new buff is not replacing the old version of Convection/Clamoring Force. In the future, we will make changes like these much clearer. 

• Thunder and Lightning/Incoming Turbulence ability mod have their damage increased to 10% up from 5% and includes Halted Offensive/Power of the Force.

• This change is being made to make the burst option more appealing in comparison to the sustain and utility based option. 

Madness/ Balance: 

• Patch Notes: 

• Disintegration/Critical Kinesis - Death Field/Force in Balance and Death Brand/Shifted Balance grant Vitiate's Malice/Warden’s Vigor, giving Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw 20% Lifesteal for 12 seconds. 

• Force Horrors/Drain Thoughts - Increase periodic damage to 20% (up from 15%). 

• Lightning Barrage/Telekinetic balance - Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw reduced damage changed to -20% from -25%.

• Tempest of Rho - Correctly applies 50% chance for Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw to trigger periodic effects down from 75%. 

• Developer Feedback:

• The change to the Tempest of Rho Tactical was designed to first bring it in line with its original power level. And in addition to that, changes were made to distribute that DPS back into the class itself. 

• We also wanted to discourage players from prioritizing Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw over Lightning Strike/ Disturbance when proced in order to get the best DPS output. 

Advanced Prototype/Tactics:

• Patch Notes: 

• Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge damage reduced by 14%. 

• Power Burst/High Yield Explosives mod stacks damage bonus reduced to 4% per stack down from 5% per stack. (total of 16% damage bonus to thermal det down from 20%). 

• Serrated Blades damage reduced to 5% down from 15%. (combined into Prototype Rail/High Friction Bolts)

• Blood Tracker/Triumph damage increase to bleeding targets is reduced to 3% down from 5%. 

• Lingering Heat/Superheated Cells damage reduced by 50%.

• Developer Feedback: 

• Advanced Prototype/Tactics is exceeding our DPS targets as a Melee Burst spec role. For this reason we made the following changes: 

• Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge damage was reduced to lower sustain and reduce the amount of DPS this ability contributed to an overall parse. 

• Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge is intended to be a filler ability and not make up a majority of the DPS output on a burst melee class. 

• Power Burst/High Yield Explosives mod stacks damage bonus reduced to 4% per stack down from 5% per stack. (total of 16% damage bonus to thermal det down from 20%). 

• The change to Power Burst/High Yield Explosives mod was made to bring the mod more in line with the intended DPS increase a player should receive from a burst DPS mod. 

• Serrated Blades damage reduced to 5% down from 15%. (combined into Prototype Rail/High Friction Bolts)

• Much like the Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge changes this change was made to reduce the sustain of the spec.

• Blood Tracker/Triumph damage increase to bleeding targets is reduced to 3% down from 5%. 

• The change to Blood Tracker/Triumph was also made to reduce the sustain of the class. 

• The change to Lingering Heat/Superheated Cells mod was made to bring the mod further in line with what a sustain mod should give within a burst melee spec.

What will happen after 7.1.1: 

• We are going to be taking a look at the tank balance within the game as well as a variety of quality of life changes for various classes. 

• We will be taking a look at other mods across classes and balancing them in order to make them more competitive with the go-to options players tend to take. 

I just wanted to close by thanking everyone for their feedback and hope to keep seeing more of it in the future. I hope these notes added some additional transparency on the changes and that the feedback keeps on coming. And as always balance is an ongoing process and we will keep you all updated with class changes coming your way in the future.

Take it easy,
Shabir

You Shabir, I just wanna know what did madness did to you guys over at bioware? Y'all kept this class so far into the ground after you killed it when you took away affliction healing. I mean it's literally been so dead since practically launch that most players didn't even know about it LMAO. Now it finally sees the sun and you come in here "madness is performing too well in pvp" are you kidding? You're kidding right? Juggernaut does MASSIVE DAMAGE absolutely MASSIVE and it has a shield that not only makes you invisible but ALSO HEALS YOU basically back to full health unless you just completely stop your dots that *spoiler alert* you can't and your whole rotation. WHILE THEY ATTACK YOU there is literally no reason this ever should have been an ability on a dps spec and surely not as long as it lasts. Yet you mean to tell me the 1/4 health bar you get back from force leech and deathbrand is TOO MUCH???? Do you guys listen to yourselves when you speak or do you read what you write in these posts? Also removing things to try and reduce the usage of force lightning to literally put the healing back on to prioritize what you just tried to reduce is the most clear case of insanity I have ever witnessed. Ya know that whole theory about you purposely trying to ruin the game so people will stop playing is sounding more and more true everytime you guys make an announcement lmao. Thanks for killing my favorite game ever created. I truly hope you're happy to be killing off people's dreams of playing this game. Also thanks for killing people's hopes of playing madness again. Lmao targeted dps on lightning sorc just stop. Stop lying to your players. Lightning is not "over preforming" you literally hate people that play your game. Just say it already the new update is literally proof in writing.

12 hours ago, leonardoausvinci said:

Dear Devs, if you want me to quit the game, just tell me directly instead of passive aggressively putting/leaving my specs in the dumpster. I do not understand this. In my raid team, we sometimes struggle for dps. I can now carry less weight. That bothers me. Merc is no option, has less range and even less dps. I unfortunately don't enjoy dot specs a lot. I don't enjoy sniper. So now, I'm kinda forced to play something I don't enjoy as much, or have an even harder time. Thank you for that. I hope my chad melee friends can carry dps. I hope you calculated this properly, and it won't be nerfed into the ground. 

Sincerely, a faithful player since 1.2.

Those are my favorite ranged classes as well. I play sniper too, but they don't have self cleanse and I don't want to stress the healers so I'm not bringing it to fights where we need self cleanses. There's way too many bosses now that require ranged with a self cleanse, it's getting ridicilous. 

20 hours ago, SpikeSaber said:

Seriously I want them to take 4 lightning sorcs and go do Gods Nim. Im really curious how it will turn out. 

Well lethality is pretty much on top everywhere and with quad leth gods nim looks difficult too.

19 hours ago, DarthEnrique said:

Just ignore the guy he obviously an ignorant troll who is coming in here trying to act like he knows what he’s talking about when he doesn’t as he doesn’t know how raiding works in this game and that people who do VM and NiM OPS are not going to take specs that can’t pull the numbers due to their spec being nerfed and it’d be a waste of time

Hey hey hey hey, I might be a tank main but I also play lightning. I am personally a really big tele enjoyer, but DPS plays no part in me enjoying that class. They want feedback and my feedback is that the nerf is going to be fine. I have killed a few NiM bosses, so I don't know what you're talking about. Just check the sheet.

18 hours ago, WoRei said:

Well, with a rotation that easy and it being the factually most played class due to... lightning? and stuff. I feel like more people have played lightning any other class, just walk across the fleet - at the very least it is one of the most popular classes, I hope we can settle for that. At least on DM I see more sorcs than anything, rightfully so - sorcs are dope. Look, lightning will still be brought in a situation where lightning is good - apex for example. People will still do that because DPS has little part in that, maybe people will bring sniper instead of sorc to huntmastser now, but it's huntmaster... :D Just don't think the changes are that bad sorry. For "serious" raiding teams this won't be much of a big deal, especially with the HP nerf making everything super easy.

18 hours ago, WoRei said:

rudeeeeeeeeeeee

15 hours ago, leonardoausvinci said:

To be fair arsenal could use a buff, even if it would make it strong in PvP. It wasn't strong in a long time and deserves some time in the sun. However playing only two classes balancing is a risk you'll have to take, especially with a company like bioware that just YEETS the changes on the servers regardless.

While I do like having fun and saying stupid stuff sometimes, I actually do think that lightning was played in an unintended way and did, apparently, unintended amounts of DPS.

Edited by ZUHFB

5 hours ago, Darh_Hellraiser said:

Juggernaut does MASSIVE DAMAGE absolutely MASSIVE and it has a shield that not only makes you invisible but ALSO HEALS YOU basically back to full health unless you just completely stop your dots that *spoiler alert* you can't and your whole rotation. WHILE THEY ATTACK YOU there is literally no reason this ever should have been an ability on a dps spec and surely not as long as it lasts. 

Did you mean Mara/Sent?

Because Jug/Guardian certainly can't stealth.

~~ No reason this should've been an ability on a dps spec that isn't even a stealth class to begin with, I guess!

Little question to the devs: what happened to the promised AoE tactical for Madness ? Was really looking forward to the return of the Slow Mercy spread (i.e. Vanquish/Demolish jumping over to Deathmark-affected enemies) ... sad it didn't make it in the patch. I was this week specifically accumulating tech-frags so to buy that new Madness tactical ...

31 minutes ago, DJKylix said:

Little question to the devs: what happened to the promised AoE tactical for Madness ? Was really looking forward to the return of the Slow Mercy spread (i.e. Vanquish/Demolish jumping over to Deathmark-affected enemies) ... sad it didn't make it in the patch. I was this week specifically accumulating tech-frags so to buy that new Madness tactical ...

The patch hasn't gone through yet, it'll be tomorrow. Patchnotes are supposed to be up later today.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:20 PM, Shabir_Dhillon said:

Hello everyone, 

Shabir here and I am a Gameplay Designer on SWTOR. I wanted to start by saying we appreciate everyone for taking the time and effort to give feedback on the changes. I wanted to explain some of the changes we are making in the upcoming patch: 

Lightning/Telekinetics:

• Patch Notes:  

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Critical hit damage bonus goes to 12% (down from 15%).

• Thundering Blast/Turbulence - Second arc of damage deals 20% of Turbulence's damage (down from 25%).  

• Storm watch damage decreased by 4%

• Halted Offensive/Power of the Force cast time increased to 3.0 seconds (up from 2.5 seconds). Alacrity still affects cast time. 

• Decrease Halted Offensive’s/Power of the Force’s damage by 15%.

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Thundering Blast/ Turbulence grants Reserved Darkness/Reserved Light, making Dark Heal/Benevolence an instant cast and increasing its healing by 30%. Stacks up to 2 times.

• Thunder and Lightning/Incoming Turbulence ability mod have their damage increased to 10% (up from 5%) and includes Halted Offensive/ Power of the Force.

Developer Feedback:

• Lightning/Telekinetics is exceeding our DPS targets as a Ranged Burst spec role. For this reason, we are making the following changes:

• Halted Offensive/Power of the Force cast time increased to 3.0 seconds (up from 2.5 seconds).

• An increase to cast time allows players to not feel as if they have to hard cast this ability especially in situations that require mobility. 

• Decrease Halted Offensive’s/Power of the Force’s damage by 15%

• This change was made to bring the ability’s damage into line to its intended damage value and bring the Ranged Burst spec’s damage correctly into line with the DPS targets. 

• Convection/Clamoring Force - Thundering Blast/Turbulence grants Reserved Darkness/Reserved Light, making Dark Heal/Benevolence an instant cast and increasing its healing by 30%. Stacks up to 2 times.

• The change to the Convection/Clamoring Force passive is made in addition to the currently existing passive. The new buff is not replacing the old version of Convection/Clamoring Force. In the future, we will make changes like these much clearer. 

• Thunder and Lightning/Incoming Turbulence ability mod have their damage increased to 10% up from 5% and includes Halted Offensive/Power of the Force.

• This change is being made to make the burst option more appealing in comparison to the sustain and utility based option. 

Madness/ Balance: 

• Patch Notes: 

• Disintegration/Critical Kinesis - Death Field/Force in Balance and Death Brand/Shifted Balance grant Vitiate's Malice/Warden’s Vigor, giving Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw 20% Lifesteal for 12 seconds. 

• Force Horrors/Drain Thoughts - Increase periodic damage to 20% (up from 15%). 

• Lightning Barrage/Telekinetic balance - Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw reduced damage changed to -20% from -25%.

• Tempest of Rho - Correctly applies 50% chance for Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw to trigger periodic effects down from 75%. 

• Developer Feedback:

• The change to the Tempest of Rho Tactical was designed to first bring it in line with its original power level. And in addition to that, changes were made to distribute that DPS back into the class itself. 

• We also wanted to discourage players from prioritizing Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw over Lightning Strike/ Disturbance when proced in order to get the best DPS output. 

Advanced Prototype/Tactics:

• Patch Notes: 

• Developer Feedback: 

• Advanced Prototype/Tactics is exceeding our DPS targets as a Melee Burst spec role. For this reason we made the following changes: 

• Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge damage was reduced to lower sustain and reduce the amount of DPS this ability contributed to an overall parse. 

• Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge is intended to be a filler ability and not make up a majority of the DPS output on a burst melee class. 

• The change to Power Burst/High Yield Explosives mod was made to bring the mod more in line with the intended DPS increase a player should receive from a burst DPS mod. 

• Much like the Magnetic Blast/Tactical Surge changes this change was made to reduce the sustain of the spec.

• The change to Blood Tracker/Triumph was also made to reduce the sustain of the class. 

• The change to Lingering Heat/Superheated Cells mod was made to bring the mod further in line with what a sustain mod should give within a burst melee spec.

What will happen after 7.1.1: 

• We are going to be taking a look at the tank balance within the game as well as a variety of quality of life changes for various classes. 

• We will be taking a look at other mods across classes and balancing them in order to make them more competitive with the go-to options players tend to take. 

I just wanted to close by thanking everyone for their feedback and hope to keep seeing more of it in the future. I hope these notes added some additional transparency on the changes and that the feedback keeps on coming. And as always balance is an ongoing process and we will keep you all updated with class changes coming your way in the future.

Take it easy,
Shabir

Please be so kind, explain on what kind of DPS metrics you see sorc Exceeding in performance? I mean is it PVE/PVP ? What fight exactly you see sorc being so massively superior? Also do you realise even with that HO hardcast nerf it might still be worth hardcasting it to have highest dps(Not enterily sure but we'll see soon enough) then that balance will make no sense whatsoever. Did you read feedback? How did you calculate the amount of DPS sorc does and has to do ? I really have no clue and most of us here don't understand. If you look in Operations Master mode difficulty, you can see that sorc is doing *okay* but far from being broken or that would require this kind of nerf. If you want to remove the hardcast of HO, atleast buff the Lightning bolt damage/crit chance or something, otherwise lightning will just underperform for the ACTUAL CONTENT, not for legacy nims that you recycle x99 times.

I just finished reading the patch notes for tomorrow, and wow some of these changes look interesting. This might be a typo, but for the Sith marauder and sentinel you wrote,  "Reducing the ability recharge time of Furious Power by 15 seconds." The cooldown on Furious Power is already 15 seconds.

I do like the defel change for marauder. something like that could add limits to the stealth meta in solo ranked.

thanks bioware these are great changes for classes that are very much over performing since they have both great burst AND great sustain, happy to see these changes that will leave the burst largely unaffected while adjusting the sustained damage to be more in line with the target dps for bursty specs

• Sad 1