Where is Darth Malora? I hope Bioware didn't forgot about her.

LanceDefender

Especially that we got a choice to invite her to Alliance, she seemd interested in it AND she was interested in same holocron Malgus stole from Ossus. So in matter of story she would be very interesting and valuable for us with all that Nul, Malgus, holocron, plans stuff. For Imperials I mean as she cannot die in this story. In republic she can die.

This post is nothing more that to maybe start a discussion, because I like them and maybe remind Bioware about her or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had the choice to kill her, iirc. She's been bricked just like all the other supporting characters with that decision.

The other sith on pubside Onderon who's obsessed with the PC otoh remains alive no matter what choice you make, though I suppose if you sent her to the Republic that could just be another way of saying she's effectively dead and the same logic applies.

The logic of not continuing stories for characters who may have been killed on playthroughs is completely stupid btw, and completely in contradiction to how BW told stories in the past. But this all makes sense to new, cash-broke BW :rak_01:

Edit: Darth Shaar*. Who has been written out of the imp storyline, confirming that she's been bricked too. Ah well. :(

Edited by Ardrossan

Especially that we got a choice to invite her to Alliance, she seemd interested in it AND she was interested in same holocron Malgus stole from Ossus. So in matter of story she would be very interesting and valuable for us with all that Nul, Malgus, holocron, plans stuff. For Imperials I mean as she cannot die in this story. In republic she can die.

This post is nothing more that to maybe start a discussion, because I like them and maybe remind Bioware about her or something.

Agreed. I suggested she consider joining my alliance. I really hope they include her in the future story. I'd even be happy if we got an alliance alert with a mini quest to get her as a companion and part of our alliance or team.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in seeing Jadus again, since they haven't stopped mentioning that "he's still out there," and reinserting him now with Malgus seeking secrets would make sense. I found him very interesting from playing IA multiple ways. Not to mention he held together a blown up capital ship, somehow moved it far from where it was, fought off 3 DC members to escape if you went that way, was called 2nd only to the Emperor in power by intelligence, and called by Valkorian the greatest Sith to come out of the Empire. So I'd like to see his story tied up. But you couldn't tell I'm a fan from my avatar.

We had the choice to kill her, iirc. She's been bricked just like all the other supporting characters with that decision.

The other sith on pubside Onderon who's obsessed with the PC otoh remains alive no matter what choice you make, though I suppose if you sent her to the Republic that could just be another way of saying she's effectively dead and the same logic applies.

The logic of not continuing stories for characters who may have been killed on playthroughs is completely stupid btw, and completely in contradiction to how BW told stories in the past. But this all makes sense to new, cash-broke BW :rak_01:

Edit: Darth Shaar*. Who has been written out of the imp storyline, confirming that she's been bricked too. Ah well. :(

No, it wasn't Shaar. It was Dath Savik.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

This is another example of the abuse of the "edgy" kill option.

You release a new interesting character, you wastes them in less than a story arc because of a kill option.

She and Savik could be interesting window to peak into the current Sith politics, or at least some gossips. Savik would have interest in whatever the f Nul was doing.

The Alliance need more Sith input but the potential is wasted.

• Like 4

On 12/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, LanceDefender said:

Exactly. One problem I could see here is that Malora dies only on Republic side. On Imperial she is alive and looking at the situation of Gnost Dural or Tau, she definitely could have return to story or as companion.

Nevertheless that's true that they overuse kill option.

Malgus killing her on Imperial side does not really take, so she probably does survive even on Pub Side, just does not show up later.

I think Imps killing Gnost is much bigger "problem" that does not offer easy resolving

On 12/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, LanceDefender said:

Exactly. One problem I could see here is that Malora dies only on Republic side. On Imperial she is alive and looking at the situation of Gnost Dural or Tau, she definitely could have return to story or as companion.

Nevertheless that's true that they overuse kill option.

I'm pretty sure Malora survives on Pub side, unless you specifically opt to kill her.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aries_cz said:

Malgus killing her on Imperial side does not really take, so she probably does survive even on Pub Side, just does not show up later.

I think Imps killing Gnost is much bigger "problem" that does not offer easy resolving

Bioware even wrote a short after math ficlet (before Enclave iirc) with Gnost in it because apparently the writers wrote the game story with LS Pub side as template and they totally forgot about how he could be killed on Imp side. They removed Gnost from that ficlet after people pointed that out but it's still hilarious how they wrote themselves in a corner with all the edgy kill options lol

Stupid. I think still a lot of people don't understand that there is only one story going. Not two. There is no rep and imp, only one depending on which faction your character started. So Gnost Dural could be on that ficlet. Same to Malora or whatever other character. You can kill Malora on rep side, but it does not have any impact on imperial story characters. So e.g Malora defintiely could and should return to story or as alliance alert and comp for imperials as well as Gnost Dural for republic.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:47 PM, LanceDefender said:

Malora defintiely could and should return to story or as alliance alert and comp for imperials as well as Gnost Dural for republic.

Nope. Why would i want a Sith companion? I already have enough Force users i can't get rid of, why would i want some random to join my Alliance? What would she bring to the table?

Okay, let's not start getting into personal attacks, huh?

I do have to agree that there is a certain... oversaturation of companions now, even considering that a player doesn't have to accept all of them. It can become a bit overwhelming in general and confusing in particular if a player can't remember which companions they've accepted or rejected on which characters.

Conversely, I also have to state that, as with Quinn, DS Jaesa, Skadge and just about any other companion, there will be those that don't want Malora and those that do. Either way, whether she comes a full-companion, just an 'Alliance Contact', or simply vanishes into the mist, someone's going to be unhappy that they didn't get what they wanted. Arguing about it is ultimately just a waste of energy, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Malora is lame, but she would be valuable as Alliance member in Research Wing. She also looks "nice" with that her unique design.
Well, seems like Malora is still absent. I really wonder if they forgot/decided to not use her again or we are still have to wait? @JackieKo

Making her a seasonal companion kills three birds with one stone - people who don't like seasons with no companion get a companion, people who don't like companions with alien VO get a talking companion, and it brings a relatively popular character back.

Posted (edited)

I'll be honest with you.  Darth Malora is the secondmost attractive character in the entire game after Vaylin.  That voice.  I always resented Malgus because I don't understand why Bioware went through all the effort of making this brand new head morph just to throw it all away 5 minutes later.  Why? I hate that we got to invite her to the alliance then NOTHING happens for years.

And for those of us imperials who sided with the Republic, Beywan claims to be leaving... WHY?  And we get Commodore Pardax who has only spoken one time, WHY?

Edited by BelorfinSiana
  • Like 1

Maybe the next venture after Bessie will be her? At least I can dream rofl

I could so see Malora and my inquisitor geeking out over her projects just like she used to with Talos after missions during the class story...