You need to do something against throwers in GSF

Codename_Force

https://i.imgur.com/ZjlMwMX.png

Throwing the match in GSF is far too easy with absolutely no repercussions. This guy in the screenshot has been ruining matches for weeks now and continues to do so every every week after the mission reset.

The fact that there is no incentive to play a match if you see a certain name is ridiculous, I reported this guy after every single match and nothing has happened so far since he is still "playing".

And no, this is not a "learning player", this is simply a thrower who likes to destroy the game, you are not learning by self destructing 25+ times in a match for several weeks.

Vote kick apparently doesn't work because he is "participating" lol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, everything from daily to weekly to Seasons goals should be about medals.

100%

The upcoming system of awarding 1 point for losses and 3 points for wins in unranked will make unranked as bad if not worse than GSF.

Edited by illgot

IMO, blatant sabotage by a player in group content is no different than win trading. If one is frowned upon and punishable, the other should be as well.

Despite the weak arguments of disgruntled players, nobody is "forced" to play content they don't like. They choose to for the rewards. The problem isn't the rewards, it's the lack of disciplinary action that should follow any attempt by a player to knowingly and willfully ruin the gaming experience for other players. The OP has reported players for this behavior and they haven't stopped throwing matches yet.

Heck, if they aren't going to do anything manually to ensure proper game play, they should at the very least enable an automated fail safe that throws out the match credit for an individual that clearly didn't put in the effort. 24 deaths (probably mostly self kills for a quick match ending) without a shot being fired, let alone damaging an opponent. This is self-evident.

This behavior is exploitive, it is griefing, it should be discouraged or punished.

100%

The upcoming system of awarding 1 point for losses and 3 points for wins in unranked will make unranked as bad if not worse than GSF.

Yes I fear so too, there will be lots of those people as well. I kinda like PvP here and wanted to get deeper into it because simply judging from my stats and comments by other players I am not that bad apparently, same goes with GSF but having players like that in your match makes it worthless to even try because you can't fight against it in any way. This GSF player from the screenshot was in 5 matches with me today. 5 matches of wasted time because someone decided to simply abuse the system. And of course, I couldn't do anything against it, because if one of my team member is responsible for 50% of our deaths in TDM by not even leaving the spawn area I just decide to not play anymore at all and leave the game all together. This is not worth my time or my money and there are other games out there that have a fail save to avoid such things.

Also, this goes for having this person on the enemy team as well, I don't want a free win, I want to play a normal match. If I win a match and didn't even get to fly around for 2 minutes because we won due to someone giving us free points I don't see a point in playing either (because I already have full 326 PvP Gear, I play for the sake of playing the modes and not for loot).

Edited by Codename_Force

I consider PUGging solo play. It is an MMO.

I don't really. But GSF/PvP is fast and at least if you lose it's fast as well, as opposed to wiping over and over on a boss...

I'd add though, as apparently people care about the way I play, that it's not really my first choice to play GSF. I do it because it's the best way of getting CQ points (and the tech fragments don't hurt) and without it I'd never be able to reach my goals on my alts... and yeah it frustrates me as hell when I lose because of afk leeches (or people who don't know how to hug a satellite)... which is why I don't like grouping in the first place. Without that I would probably enjoy it more.

But what can you do, BW hates soloers.

The problem isn't the rewards.

You can hate the throwing all you like - I'm right there with you. However, the problem is EXACTLY the rewards. They're simply far too easy to pass up and reward gear higher than the greater effort Conquest ****. Not only that, but you can keep repeating it to feed any alts, who then go on to repeat the cycle. The lack of parity is a real issue, and if they solved it by rewarding relative amounts, then GSF would be relegated to the corner it was before, with the people who enjoy playing it.

The GSF regulars are so happy to farm, but don't want the negatives that come with the "flavor of the month" efficient farming status. The queues are certainly popping for it as a result, and even with the shenanigans there's still more "good" competitive matches than there were before.

Throwing the match in GSF is far too easy with absolutely no repercussions. This guy in the screenshot has been ruining matches for weeks now and continues to do so every every week after the mission reset.

The fact that there is no incentive to play a match if you see a certain name is ridiculous, I reported this guy after every single match and nothing has happened so far since he is still "playing".

And no, this is not a "learning player", this is simply a thrower who likes to destroy the game, you are not learning by self destructing 25+ times in a match for several weeks.

I suggest nerfing both mat and conquest rewards from gsf to the same level with other game modes (=close to nothing worth the time and effort). Gearing from GSF should be just as grindy and expensive as it is on pve content. Then it wouldn't attract the "wrong" kind of people anymore and you could continue playing in your small bubble again.

I suggest nerfing both mat and conquest rewards from gsf to the same level with other game modes (=close to nothing worth the time and effort). Gearing from GSF should be just as grindy and expensive as it is on pve content. Then it wouldn't attract the "wrong" kind of people anymore and you could continue playing in your small bubble again.

How about making each content give the same rewards instead? CQ points, tech fragments, actual gear UPGRADES (which solo players don't get - another reason why I did so much GSF).

The ridiculous part is that you don't even need the gear for GSF...

Then it wouldn't attract the "wrong" kind of people anymore and you could continue playing in your small bubble again.

I would rather play with a small group of people that actually PLAY the game than with more people where some use a script / macro to self-destruct endlessly to end the match as fast as possible or are simply AFK and not moving at all. Behavior like that shouldn't be rewarded but it currently is. Those are WRONG players because they are not even PLAYING, I would rather have one less team member than one of those on my team.

Edited by Codename_Force

You can hate the throwing all you like - I'm right there with you. However, the problem is EXACTLY the rewards. They're simply far too easy to pass up and reward gear higher than the greater effort Conquest ****. Not only that, but you can keep repeating it to feed any alts, who then go on to repeat the cycle. The lack of parity is a real issue, and if they solved it by rewarding relative amounts, then GSF would be relegated to the corner it was before, with the people who enjoy playing it.

The GSF regulars are so happy to farm, but don't want the negatives that come with the "flavor of the month" efficient farming status. The queues are certainly popping for it as a result, and even with the shenanigans there's still more "good" competitive matches than there were before.

The rewards aren't the problem. The rewards are there to attract players to "play" that content. The problem is players. Some (and you can search their post history) want to destroy certain game content for others. In this case, they hate GSF because either it takes up game and development resources for content that doesn't interest them or they hate PvP players in general. Here's an example of one such poster (again you can search the post history):

As I've said, it's players that are the problem. Some have just found a way to ruin the gaming experience for other players and get rewarded for it. These players (ones that throw matches) should be treated like win traders in ranked and have their rewards removed and accounts suspended. It's that simple. Nobody is asking these players not to play GSF. We just don't want them to queue to "Not play." This isn't a "bubble" or clique. It's a game. FYI, they already announced the upcoming nerfs for GSF while increasing rewards for other content. It's not too late to make changes before it rolls out. Since the above poster is only asking for nerfs to GSF, maybe they shouldn't increase rewards for other content after all since this was really only a petty attempt to spite GSF players. I am just being facetious as I don't advocate nerfing any rewards.

Edited by BRKMSN

Ignore doesn't work for GSF matches?

Ignore doesn't work for GSF matches?

Probably, maybe - I honestly dont have a clue. I can't right click his name in the stats window and typing his name is almost impossible due to weird character that I have no idea how to type. Even if I ignore this player it's besides the point though because the player will continue to destroy the game for OTHER players. It's not that it's only bothering me, it's the fact that he is destroying the game for any player he is matched up with. He should simply be banned from queueing up all together because he has shown that he doesn't want to play for weeks and probably a hundred matches by now.

But honestly - I doubt anything will be done, my premium time runs out in a few days and I won't continue to play this mode anymore because it's just not enjoyable with players like that and without a subscription I additionally have no use for the rewards even if I was to gear up a new character because I can't use any of it effectively (epic gear being locked, not being able to use legendaries and tacticals either with tech fragments). I can't play the mode most of the time just for fun due to people like that and additionally I won't be able to use rewards so from my perspective there is no point anymore in playing it.

Edited by Codename_Force

Yep, everything from daily to weekly to Seasons goals should be about medals.

Or...daily, weekly and season goals should either be removed, or have something none PvPers actually want to do added so its not an option.

Most of you were silent or blindly defending the changes 7.0 was going to bring and were WARNED by those on the PTS about it. Well, now we have a system that basically FORCES people to do crap content they dont want to do to get the flipping gear this garbage gearing system has brought to us.

You were warned. Now you got the game you got. A game where people are pushed into content they do not want to do. THAT, is the issue.

And guess what? For those of you that DO NOT ACUTALLY THINK...All it takes is to create a generic email account, open up another account, set a BOT to run it and watch the second account do what you hate while the prime account just flies to the second for easy kills in some corner of the map.

One team ends still gets screwed and the person cheats the award system. It wont happen as often but it will still happen and your actions ONCE AGAIN wont fix the ACTUAL PROBLEM which is the current CRAP SYSTEM that is causing this.

The problem isn't the rewards

Super L quote there, any credibility you might have had just rock-bottomed. GSF has not been updated in the 8 years it has been released, it has two modes and two maps - if it actually has any more than that it certainly does not feel like it, and no part of playing it translates to the rest of the game, i.e. you learn nothing of mechanics, rotations, CCing, or anything else that might aid in playing the rest of the game. The problem is the incredibly over-inflated rewards, full-stop.

Super L quote there, any credibility you might have had just rock-bottomed. GSF has not been updated in the 8 years it has been released, it has two modes and two maps - if it actually has any more than that it certainly does not feel like it, and no part of playing it translates to the rest of the game, i.e. you learn nothing of mechanics, rotations, CCing, or anything else that might aid in playing the rest of the game. The problem is the incredibly over-inflated rewards, full-stop.

This is false btw. While GSF hasn't had many updates, in the 1st few months it was around it had new ships put in, new maps. Years later the map for Denon exosphere came out, and many years later Iokath map. They also did a major GSF revamp in the 5.5 patch I think it was.

Your right if you had said GSF hasn't had many updates and that the updates it did get were few and far between, but by claiming they had no updates is wrong. In fact GSF has far more then 2 maps, it has 6. Just because 2 of them have a TDM, and a Domination map with the same name doesn't make them the same. They are completely different.

my premium time runs out in a few days and I won't continue to play this mode anymore because it's just not enjoyable with players like that and without a subscription I additionally have no use for the rewards even if I was to gear up a new character because I can't use any of it effectively (epic gear being locked, not being able to use legendaries and tacticals either with tech fragments).

Sorry to go a bit out of target but this thing troubled me a lot :(:eek:

Im i undertanding this right? Does this mean that preferred cant use tacticals and legendaries?

Eventually...does the old epic gear unlock help about his?

The rewards aren't the problem.

I mean yeah, obviously the players are the ones abusing the system, but it's because the rewards are the best for time spent - especially as clearly you can get them WHILE AFK.

How about making each content give the same rewards instead? CQ points, tech fragments, actual gear UPGRADES (which solo players don't get - another reason why I did so much GSF).

I would prefer that, but BW doesn't listen when people ask to balance or buff something. They only listen when someone asks for nerfs. So if that's what it takes to get PVE on the same level with GSF, I'm fine with that.

The ridiculous part is that you don't even need the gear for GSF...

Yeah, couldn't agree more.

Sorry to go a bit out of target but this thing troubled me a lot :(:eek:

Im i undertanding this right? Does this mean that preferred cant use tacticals and legendaries?

Eventually...does the old epic gear unlock help about his?

How I understood it: the gear you have bought while having a subscription will still be usable. What I don't know is whether or not that translates to switching gear, as in, if you unequip the purple / yellow gear you won't be able to equip it again.

If you are only preferred you can buy legendary implants and tacticals but due to their tier you won't be able to equip them UNLESS you have the artifact authorization from the cartel market. If you do have that unlock all of the above doesn't matter anymore because you can equip all types of gear.

Whether throwing the match by suicide or AFK the problem is a serious one for GSF. Usually the motivation for such behavior is the rewards it provides in other areas of the game. However, I don't see the solution to this problem to be getting rid of the rewards. Instead, more work needs to go into detection algorithms that determine whether or not a player is contributing and penalizing those who don't contribute.

The trick is separating those who aren't contributing from those who are just struggling. A penalty that might work is forcing the player who doesn't contribute in a match to do a "remedial" set of matches against bots to learn the material and practice. After 2 or 3 of these matches they would then be able to queue again as usual.