332 Gear, Only for OP's...

denavin

For me (personally) .. I simply work at a different pace. I am slower... but NOT dead! The better gear allows me to "take a bit more" (whether damage or other needs as per mission tactics). And in the end I can still do what I need to do and survive without turning the game into a second job.

IMO when added together: Tech fragments medals of commendation, aquatic resource matrix and Decurion isotope stabilizers should be able to purchase 332 or whatever is out there. Additionally it would not hurt anyone else playing the game (or take away anything from it) .. IF an occasional "gold" piece dropped that was actually useful. Well ... it MIGHT hurt someone's pride ... maybe (????) It shouldn't ... but it might!

There is no reason to horde up the pieces of gear we want for a select group! There's plenty of room in this game for everyone!

lol another one of these conquest and heroic hero's wanting top gear Bioware have given you 326 what else do you need ?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol another one of these conquest and heroic hero's wanting top gear Bioware have given you 326 what else do you need ?

I don't tell you what to use and how to play .. AND you DON'T tell me what I need and how to play.

It's just that simple. If you don't get that ... then frankly the rest is a waste of time!

I don't tell you what to use and how to play .. AND you DON'T tell me what I need and how to play.

It's just that simple. If you don't get that ... then frankly the rest is a waste of time!

end of the day the casual player crying on the forums because they can only get 326 gear won't go beyond that Bioware made it's mind up when they done 7.0 and I'm on the same mind set as them so grind out that conquest enjoy it.

end of the day the casual player crying on the forums because they can only get 326 gear won't go beyond that Bioware made it's mind up when they done 7.0 and I'm on the same mind set as them so grind out that conquest enjoy it.

No body's crying ... Just telling it how it is.

If BW chooses to listen to you .. then so be it! I have more than enough to enjoy in life without this sort of trash talk from you or anybody else INCLUDING BW !

I can pull the plug on this childish crap on any give day and walk away! I don't "need" any of this mess! A refuse to conform to what ever mold you want to force me into! It AINT gonna happen! So get over it! Get over yourself!!

No body's crying ... Just telling it how it is.

If BW chooses to listen to you .. then so be it! I have more than enough to enjoy in life without this sort of trash talk from you or anybody else INCLUDING BW !

I can pull the plug on this childish crap on any give day and walk away! I don't "need" any of this mess! A refuse to conform to what ever mold you want to force me into! It AINT gonna happen! So get over it! Get over yourself!!

You won't be getting anything above 326 so enjoy it kiddo.

You won't be getting anything above 326 so enjoy it kiddo.

326 is perfectly fine too. In chapters as example your 3k crit gets turned into ~1100, with 326 Gear you'd have a bit less, lets say 2500 which would result in having like ~1020. This is not bad, but it makes 330 gear pretty much useless outside of operations.

326 is perfectly fine too. In chapters as example your 3k crit gets turned into ~1100, with 326 Gear you'd have a bit less, lets say 2500 which would result in having like ~1020. This is not bad, but it makes 330 gear pretty much useless outside of operations.

it's correct and half these people don't know you still have to level it up to 330 it's not an instant 330 drop lol

it's correct and half these people don't know you still have to level it up to 330 it's not an instant 330 drop lol

Ya if you want specific stuff to drop its dropping as a 320 drop even if you already have 326 and costs around 300 hazardous to upgrade which boils down to (if max-ed) 2x EV HM (with weekly, which isn't even always available) + 1 SM operation, this is recommended to do when nefra farming btw. I got my gear from regular bosses but if I didn't have capable team I'd do it this way too.

As i said, grass is always greener on the other side.

Edited by ZUHFB

Ya if you want specific stuff to drop its dropping as a 320 drop even if you already have 326 and costs around 300 hazardous to upgrade which boils down to (if max-ed) 2x EV HM (with weekly, which isn't even always available) + 1 SM operation, this is recommended to do when nefra farming btw. I got my gear from regular bosses but if I didn't have capable team I'd do it this way too.

As i said, grass is always greener on the other side.

What the dev's are saying by going down that route is: do content you may not have fun in (for an extended period of time), settle for having your time wasted (level synching removes most if not all of the reasons to have better gear outside of Ops), or go elsewhere. Not really much of a choice.

It also removes a reason to sub if you don't do Ops: green and blue gear can be equipped by any subscription method. Admittedly you may want to sub for the other benefits but strictly from a game mechanics perspective, there is less of a motivation to do so.

That's why I personally believe that the mod system was so much better: it catered to ALL playstyles and didn't prioritize one over the other.

Edited by Sethenon

and thats cool. I could go out to do the groceries but i don't want to, so they should be delivered to me.
if you pay som extra cash, they will deliver :)

Lmao best reply ever.

Yep, exactly.

Hey, that service already exists within the game. They'll deliver your goods for a bit of money, doesn't matter that the store is right across the street. But instead of a phone app they use discord. Don't worry, it's easily accessible.

Glad we agree :)

What the dev's are saying by going down that route is: do content you may not have fun in (for an extended period of time), settle for having your time wasted (level synching removes most if not all of the reasons to have better gear outside of Ops), or go elsewhere. Not really much of a choice.

It also removes a reason to sub if you don't do Ops: green and blue gear can be equipped by any subscription method. Admittedly you may want to sub for the other benefits but strictly from a game mechanics perspective, there is less of a motivation to do so.

That's why I personally believe that the mod system was so much better: it catered to ALL playstyles and didn't prioritize one over the other.

You are right, but don't forget the picture behind.

With the end of the actual licences EA will pull the plug. so they established a so-called development team with the mission to bring the subscriptions down, knowing that a little group of raiding elitist will cheering them for there idiotic changes. I suggest those who failed in Anthem are the perfect team members for such a mission.

It's deplorable that there no official numbers to the subscription, so we could not see how well they accomplished there mission so far.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Why should they care what gear a solo player like me has?

In the end it makes no difference to how they play as I won't ever be there.

Makes a big difference to me as the grind isn't as bad.

It's not that I care what gear you have, I don't in the slightest. But having some tiers of gear behind ops bosses as a challenge makes it more fun to gear for me. If 330 gear was awarded similarly to 306, I wouldn't be doing nims in less than 330, that would be shooting myself in the foot. It is more fun for me to get gear and work on my sets, because I get it dropped from doing the harder content I enjoy.

Making that same gear easily available through flashpoints like it was in 6.0, will mean I will mostly get my gear that way, taking away the fun for me. It has nothing to do what others can earn or what gear they have, but everything with how I can acquire gear, and how the game challenges me to get the gear I want.

It's not that I care what gear you have, I don't in the slightest. But having some tiers of gear behind ops bosses as a challenge makes it more fun to gear for me. If 330 gear was awarded similarly to 306, I wouldn't be doing nims in less than 330, that would be shooting myself in the foot. It is more fun for me to get gear and work on my sets, because I get it dropped from doing the harder content I enjoy.

Making that same gear easily available through flashpoints like it was in 6.0, will mean I will mostly get my gear that way, taking away the fun for me. It has nothing to do what others can earn or what gear they have, but everything with how I can acquire gear, and how the game challenges me to get the gear I want.

so it means because you are not adult enough to play whats making you fun and going a easier available way which is less fun for you. You need the restriction by the devs even if it takes the fun for an other (and I suppose greater) part) of the players.

How selfish some players are and a shame that the so-called dev-team will count on them.

Edited by Master_Morak

so it means because you are not adult enough to play whats making you fun and going a easier available way which is less fun for you. You need the restriction by the devs even if it takes the fun for an other (and I suppose greater) part) of the players.

How selfish some players are and a shame that the so-called dev-team will count on them.

What was fun about the gearing in 6.0? Nothing, you just had the gear. It was the most boring system I can imagine, might as well just sell it on CM - would've been just as difficult to obtain then.

You can get NiM gear for credits, so in this way everyone could technically farm credits and then buy 330 gear via guild carries. So you do have a way, with a (honestly low) price of 1bil/piece you only have to do around 50.000 heroics for one piece. So please do them now that I offered a way how to get 320 rakata gear, this is all you wanted right? A way to get to 330, there you go just as simple as that.

Wait what's that? Don't want to do 50k heroics? A what a shame, then don't. But there is a way for you to get gear, multiple even, if you decline all of them I don't know what to tell you but maybe just do it. You don't like it ok then go hard on the grind maybe a week or two and you are full 330, but then what - nothing, you are only going to feel accomplishment and pride in having the gear since you deserve it, which you shouldn't have had in 6.0.

You guys make it sounds like you could one hit sm ops bosses with 330, if the time investment is not worth the outcome for you personally, its just not worth it but that doesn't mean it needs to be changed. Going for 1500 in PvP requires time and effort, too much for many people as if they were trying to do it - its just not worth for them but that doesn't mean it needs to be changed.

And lets be real, a week to get to max gear is honestly still pretty fast compared to other MMOs. Even if they are story driven.

I'm not going to stop playing NiMs, but getting the rewards will feel less rewarding. Because I know I can get those very same rewards, in a larger quantity and faster, by just running Hammer Station a few times. That diminishes the fun. I like it when the game challenges me to do harder content to get better gear.

How selfish you are to want my experience to be less fun, just because you can't stand the fact that you can't get the highest iRating gear in the game from doing flashpoints and solo content. Even though the 326 gear from FPs and PvP is only marginally worse than 330 gear (and PvP is bolstered to take the difference out completely), you have to have the shiny, even if it diminishes other people's fun.

Edited by AdjeYo

What was fun about the gearing in 6.0? Nothing, you just had the gear. It was the most boring system I can imagine, might as well just sell it on CM - would've been just as difficult to obtain then.

I had a lot of fun, it takes me months to optimize the individual sets with amplifiers for each crafting skill to max.

and no I didn't run endless Hammer Station, i get it playing what I want - conquest, dailies, weekly, GSF& PvP (only for Season).

I'm not going to stop playing NiMs, but getting the rewards will feel less rewarding. Because I know I can get those very same rewards, in a larger quantity and faster, by just running Hammer Station a few times. That diminishes the fun. I like it when the game challenges me to do harder content to get better gear.

How selfish you are to want my experience to be less fun, just because you can't stand the fact that you can't get the highest iRating gear in the game from doing flashpoints and solo content. Even though the 326 gear from FPs and PvP is only marginally worse than 330 gear (and PvP is bolstered to take the difference out completely), you have to have the shiny, even if it diminishes other people's fun.

So, someone who wants greater access to rewards for more people is selfish, and you aren't because you have less fun if others have that access. In what universe does that make any sense at all?

I had a lot of fun, it takes me months to optimize the individual sets with amplifiers for each crafting skill to max.

and no I didn't run endless Hammer Station, i get it playing what I want - conquest, dailies, weekly, GSF& PvP (only for Season).

First of all, you didn't need 306 for amplifiers so how did it takes you months - if that is true its quite a sad story. Running Hammer Station (in hindsight) was completely dumb I'd never do that again, not because its content I don't want to do. But because I don't care anymore what my gearscore is, or what my gear consists of.

Also all of this is hypocritical and flawed from the start, lets say solo content WOULD drop max level gear. It would 100% be the BY FAR easiest way of obtaining it (yes even if only mm chapters would drop them, which lets be real not even all classes can beat), so why WOULD I have to do content I don't want to do? Because not doing it is just simply not an option for me, I need the gear asap because you DO have a certain responsibility to your raid team. They invest time so they can show up in acceptable gear, so they expect the same of you - you do have to respect others people times. Responsibilities you simply do not have as a solo player. This makes it fair, and acceptable, for more difficult content to drop "better" gear (in reality they drop worse gear you still have to upgrade but w/e).

The only gear path which is unfair is flashpoint gear! Flashpoint gear is just trash, not because of the stats, not because of the color - they just cost to much to upgrade!

Conquest gear is easy simple to obtain, you need to do NOTHING to get it, you just buy it and upgrade it and that is why it shouldn't be able to go to maximum. PvP gear is also easy to get, anybody can have 326 at this point lets be real. They cost almost no aquatics and you get 1.5 upgrades per weekly you do. Rakata gear takes long to upgrade, requires groups to get it for a marginable difference thats why it goes to max gear, because it is not easy and it is not supposed to be easy. 3/4 Gearpaths have a reason to be there and did get used by people who were 330 week two. Its not like raiders only raid, most people do something and raid on occasion. So you get gear, do the raid, get better gear -> accomplishment. What you guys want is "have gear for no reason, to do bosses that can't drop stuff I need for no reason at all" because you certainly don't need gear for heroics!

Pretty sure if all the gear would be shiny again nobody would even care what gearscore they are, or if they can reach maximum.

You can get NiM gear for credits, so in this way everyone could technically farm credits and then buy 330 gear via guild carries. So you do have a way, with a (honestly low) price of 1bil/piece you only have to do around 50.000 heroics for one piece. So please do them now that I offered a way how to get 320 rakata gear, this is all you wanted right? A way to get to 330, there you go just as simple as that.

Wait what's that? Don't want to do 50k heroics? A what a shame, then don't. But there is a way for you to get gear, multiple even, if you decline all of them I don't know what to tell you but maybe just do it. You don't like it ok then go hard on the grind maybe a week or two and you are full 330, but then what - nothing, you are only going to feel accomplishment and pride in having the gear since you deserve it, which you shouldn't have had in 6.0.

You guys make it sounds like you could one hit sm ops bosses with 330, if the time investment is not worth the outcome for you personally, its just not worth it but that doesn't mean it needs to be changed. Going for 1500 in PvP requires time and effort, too much for many people as if they were trying to do it - its just not worth for them but that doesn't mean it needs to be changed.

And lets be real, a week to get to max gear is honestly still pretty fast compared to other MMOs. Even if they are story driven.

The fun for me was refining my gear. I was able to get 306 in one afternoon buying all 306 mods from the GTN. Then it took me another year or more to buy all the sets for every class (even the Dxun sets which I bought from Kai) and during the 1.5 years I played 6.0 I was only able to find enough perfect 451 mods to make 1 full set and one full set of legacy bound weapons to go with that set.

That was the fun for me. Getting 306 wasn't the end game, getting all the set bonuses for the classes I played and slowly refining the stats perfectly for each build was the "work". And I did that doing anything and everything I wanted.

Know what I do in 7.0? I do the bare minimal to hit 100k conquest, then maybe hit my weekly caps and stop because there is absolutely zero advancement once you hit 330.

Edited by illgot

So, someone who wants greater access to rewards for more people is selfish, and you aren't because you have less fun if others have that access. In what universe does that make any sense at all?

This rewards you are talking about, would not exist if it was obtainable by everyone. 306 gear wasn't a reward it was just garbage, gear meant nothing, the only thing it said is that if you had none you were completely clueless. Lets be real, if I would have made a HM pug in 6.0 and someone shows up without 306 he gets insta kicked without even a second thought, because his inability to obtain gear which was so easy to get shows that he doesn't know what he is doing and no I do not need a parse or anything to see this and its just not toxic and no I don't have to give him a try because he didn't try to show up with acceptable gear. If you trial for a casual raid team and your amplifiers suck because you have no credits, now that would've been a different thing. Because now there is a reason not to have it, then I just give you a few bil and you fix that real quick. Same logic applies now, if you trial for a MM team they will require 327 GS at least, everything less than full 326 and 330 leftside just shows that you weren't willing to put in time, so why should they invest time in you if you aren't willing to have the same commitment. It's not toxic, it's not making barrier to entry harder or anything like this, all you have to do is show you want it. Bring the parses, bring the dmg, bring a good attitude and most teams will take you.

In a MMO the only thing different is the players skill and willingness to invest time into upgrading and improving the character. If you just don't have the time or willingness to put either in you are the selfish one to expect to get everything served on a silver platter, everything other people have put time and work into obtaining it.

Also, what makes 330 rakata gear different from 300 augments please? Why not treat them the same, shouldn't everyone who says they can't get rakata gear also complain about not being able to get 300 augments? Why didn't anyone bring this up yet? Sure you can buy them for credits, but you can also buy rakata gear for credits. There is no difference.

I have finally come to accept this new system.

I no longer care about gearing my characters.

I still like the story, so I will just wait for new story content, until then…I guess I am out of stuff to do.

I have only logged in once in the past two weeks, which is the least amount of time I have spent in game since Oct 2011.

I am not going to cancel; because it’s starwars and I like my characters, but I am definitely just playing other stuff more.

Hopefully we get a story expansion sooner than later

Edited by kirorx

Did you not read what I wrote? It's not about what others can or cannot have. It's the game challenging me to do difficult content to get greater rewards. What others can or cannot get doesn't really enter the equation. I get called selifsh because of that, so I respond in kind. Taking away such a system, and thus making it less for for me, in favour of more fun for themselves, is just as selfish as me wanting this kind of system.

Edited by AdjeYo

The fun for me was refining my gear. I was able to get 306 in one afternoon buying all 306 mods from the GTN. Then it took me another year or more to buy all the sets for every class (even the Dxun sets which I bought from Kai) and during the 1.5 years I played 6.0 I was only able to find enough perfect 451 mods to make 1 full set and one full set of legacy bound weapons to go with that set.

That was the fun for me. Getting 306 wasn't the end game, getting all the set bonuses for the classes I played and slowly refining the stats perfectly for each build was the "work". And I did that doing anything and everything I wanted.

Know what I do in 7.0? I do the bare minimal to hit 100k conquest, then maybe hit my weekly caps and stop because there is absolutely zero advancement once you hit 330.

I see your point definitely, but this only applies to modable gear which is another thing. It would be cooler if 326+ Gear would be modable for sure, but it also just isn't such a big deal. R-2 mods were better then normal ones, you want to know by how much? 0.2 bonus dmg per mod, do you know to how much dps increase this is? 2 DPS, you do 2 DPS more AND that only in Dxun and PvP. I get that feeling that you could've maybe won that 1v1 with min-maxed gear, but no - you wouldn't have.

And all gear is legacy bound too, you just need two implants - maybe main and offhand and you are good to start. I personally don't even upgrade my implants to 330 because I'd rather have variety then have one class min-maxed, and in a game of alts I think many people share this.

So yea, after 330 there's nothing. But that was also the case for 6.0 - at least for me. You could join a raid team with 330 and maybe try to set yourself own goals, maybe get wings maybe get 1500. Maybe you want to rerun all the chapters on mm (I recommend this, its truely challenging or maybe not I can't really decide) or maybe you simply want to join guild events and chill out. Thats what I like about a MMO, you never HAVE to do anything. If you want something then you HAVE to do something specific and the way of reaching your goal usually is more fun than actually getting there, and why is that? Because when you set your goal you haven't interacted with the community and it can be frustrating, but once you start and you meet people who have the same goal you can start connecting and having fun reaching the goal as a team.

I don't want to reach a goal I can do alone, its not a goal - its something I have to do to qualify my place besides the guy with whom I want to reach the self set goal!

Edited by ZUHFB

Are you entitled to get what you pay for off of the cartel market, or should you have to earn it after you paid for it?

It's worth noting that, although you 'get what you paid for' for say, a CM armor set, they are blank shells and you still need to do the work or spend the credits to put mods in it. 🤔

By your reasoning, they should come with a full set of 330 mods, a dye of your choice, and augments. 😏

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.