332 Gear, Only for OP's...

denavin

Of course said by someone who probably got his gear farming the easiest op bosses.

The easiest OP boss is still a hard in comparison to heroics.

I actually did the MM Chapters solo today, yes all of them. They are... quite... well lets just say you get 1 hit a lot. However, all of them are possible. I do think they should drop 330 gear after playing them, BUT ONLY when done solo and ONLY on MM. But before making such a claim I of course had to make sure all of them are possible in solo and MM.

Somehow I still doubt you'd go and do that though even though it would qualify for all you are asking for :rolleyes:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course said by someone who probably got his gear farming the easiest op bosses.

Or at the least running in packs!

Additionally:

Some of us have NEVER suggested that the "good stuff" has to DROP while doing heroics !! Some of it MIGHT drop... (maybe). But why not make it available through a vendor (and not RNG BS). Heck I can save up stuff (like tech frags) and buy whatever I need (if it were available). Or after completing weekly stuff receive something besides green garbage. (There's a novel idea). Right now I have more than one item where I have received drops less than what I'm wearing (pants for example: 3 @ 320! ) :mad:

Really??? How pathetic!! I WON'T continue to waste time like this! I went through the exact same thing with Ossus in JUS. I ran weekly stuff (and even did some of the bosses) only to get the exact same item over, and over and over and over week after week after week !!!

Someone has made it perfectly clear where this game is currently headed. As much as I enjoy the game (and even sparing with some of the folks on the forums) ... enough is enough. My time is a LOT more VALUABLE, and I won't throw it away just to suit someone's pitiful ideal of "how things ought to be". This is not a part time job. I'm not looking for a face roll experience. The current system can be left in place with the simple addition of better gear available at a reasonable cost. (And not just limited to a select group).

It's just that simple!

I would rather be a "SIP" instead of a SEP (Self Entitled Person). I pay to play so give me stuff I don't have to earn is just being lazy. You don't need top tear gear to do any content other than full on NiM raids. 6.0 was a disaster because it gave away top tier gear for doing story line and it made sm ops so stupid easy mechanics were not needed. Now that the content is more difficult the self entitled have no clue how to play their class let alone gear properly. Suck it up snow flakes and get good

How dare people feel entitled to something just because they paid for it. How shameful.

What's next? Will they think that they are entitled to all sorts of things if they just pay for them.

No, I say, people must both pay for the things that they want and then earn them. Anything less makes them self entitled people.

There, do you see now how ridiculous that sounds?

I would rather be a "SIP" instead of a SEP (Self Entitled Person). I pay to play so give me stuff I don't have to earn is just being lazy. You don't need top tear gear to do any content other than full on NiM raids. 6.0 was a disaster because it gave away top tier gear for doing story line and it made sm ops so stupid easy mechanics were not needed. Now that the content is more difficult the self entitled have no clue how to play their class let alone gear properly. Suck it up snow flakes and get good

6.0 was nearly perfect, it gave rewards for playing the game the way everyone wants.

I unterstand this is not the way those fu.... raiders wants, but if they count on that part I hope that in the end those are the only left to pay subscriptions so that EA finaly will pull the plug.

How dare people feel entitled to something just because they paid for it. How shameful.

What's next? Will they think that they are entitled to all sorts of things if they just pay for them.

No, I say, people must both pay for the things that they want and then earn them. Anything less makes them self entitled people.

There, do you see now how ridiculous that sounds?

Ya I still don't understand why they don't give me the entire cartel market for free! I pay sub *** 8(

give up go back to heroics and conquest stop beating a dead horse this thread should have been nuked a long time ago by allowing this thread to stay open Jackie is now allowing toxic reply's.

If you solo play you get what you deserve this is an MMO if you want perks such as gear then play with others I'm sorry but it's your own fault stop complaining and even you said your self you thought ops gear was GOLD lol you are only posting to stir up people.

Your sub does not entitle you to everything in the game. You do have access to it, but you still have to go down the path to getting it though. Choosing not to go down that path may be your choice, but you have to accept the consequences of that.

Ya I still don't understand why they don't give me the entire cartel market for free! I pay sub *** 8(

While I accept your answer as a bad faith argument to make a silly point, I still wonder the following:

Are you entitled to get what you pay for off of the cartel market, or should you have to earn it after you paid for it?

If you think you should get what you paid for, then you agree with me, if you think you still need to earn it, then while I don't understand your thinking, at least you would be consistent. It's really that easy.

And what about cartel coins. I pay a sub fee that includes a monthly cartel coin grant. If I expect to receive those coins does that mean that I right to do so, or does that make me one of the entitled people?

Your sub does not entitle you to everything in the game. You do have access to it, but you still have to go down the path to getting it though. Choosing not to go down that path may be your choice, but you have to accept the consequences of that.

That is the way that it works, but I disagree with the limited path provided, and think things should be different, and so I am stating my opinion here.

I'm not some lemming that is willing to follow the devs off a cliff. I have my own mind, and if I see something is wrong, or that I don't like, I say something. That's called feedback, and most companies appreciate it when customers provide it. Even when that feedback is at odds with choices that they have made.

While I accept your answer as a bad faith argument to make a silly point, I still wonder the following:

Are you entitled to get what you pay for off of the cartel market, or should you have to earn it after you paid for it?

If you think you should get what you paid for, then you agree with me, if you think you still need to earn it, then while I don't understand your thinking, at least you would be consistent. It's really that easy.

And what about cartel coins. I pay a sub fee that includes a monthly cartel coin grant. If I expect to receive those coins does that mean that I right to do so, or does that make me one of the entitled people?

I hate to play devil's advocate here (I'm lying I love it) but the difference between a cartel market purchase and a subscription is that the former is buying a specific item or set of items while the latter is buying a digital experience. Part of that experience may well come with a challenge or difficulty in acquiring the available content, rendering some of the content potentially unobtainable. However, I have no idea what entitlement has to do with it, so I have no comment on that aspect.

give up go back to heroics and conquest stop beating a dead horse this thread should have been nuked a long time ago by allowing this thread to stay open Jackie is now allowing toxic reply's.

If you solo play you get what you deserve this is an MMO if you want perks such as gear then play with others I'm sorry but it's your own fault stop complaining and even you said your self you thought ops gear was GOLD lol you are only posting to stir up people.

It's not dead. It is a very live subject, and may never be settled, but telling people to shut up isn't helping. By the way, your post stirred me up, is that why you posted?

Only that Cartel Market stuff was NEVER offered as part of your subscription or for playing the game, you always had to pay extra for it. While the best gear in the game was available, you could through effort, acquire ALL the best gear without ever having to set one foot into a NIM Op.

If you want to use the Cartel Market as a comparison then it would be more like you can only buy from the Cartel Market if and only IF your are a SUBSCRIBER. Because as a F2P you really don't NEED any of the items there.

Or at the least running in packs!

Additionally:

Some of us have NEVER suggested that the "good stuff" has to DROP while doing heroics !! Some of it MIGHT drop... (maybe). But why not make it available through a vendor (and not RNG BS). Heck I can save up stuff (like tech frags) and buy whatever I need (if it were available). Or after completing weekly stuff receive something besides green garbage. (There's a novel idea). Right now I have more than one item where I have received drops less than what I'm wearing (pants for example: 3 @ 320! ) :mad:

Really??? How pathetic!! I WON'T continue to waste time like this! I went through the exact same thing with Ossus in JUS. I ran weekly stuff (and even did some of the bosses) only to get the exact same item over, and over and over and over week after week after week !!!

Thank you for seeing what I have been trying to point out....

The current state of Gear rewards is Pathetic and has been for some time. But now it is even worse. Now you simply are not ALLOWED to get the best gear in the game unless you do ONE And ONLY ONE thing in the game. It has been taken away from everybody else that wants the same gear... I did not say NEED, I have NEVER said NEED.

All I want is what has been available to me for the last 8 years that I have been playing SWToR and not be forced into doing something I have 1) no interest in 2) and CAN NOT participate in since I do not belong to a Raiding Guild and was NEVER before required to be, NOTHING MORE.

AGAIN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEED! It has EVERYTHING to do with what this GAME has ALWAYS been, compared to the Stuck Up Elitist Crap is being Forced down our Throats now.

Cartel market purchases are direct for a specific item. You must get them, or else you've been cheated.

Cartel coins are complimentary for being subbed. Since they are complimentary and not contractually bound to be rewarded, they can be revoked, though not without a customary warning. The precedent for that being the ending of the refer a friend program.

Paying a subscription only entitles you to access to certain content, wear certain gear, and not be restricted in other areas. It DOES NOT grant the automatic right to anything which must be earned.

Cartel market purchases are direct for a specific item. You must get them, or else you've been cheated.

Cartel coins are complimentary for being subbed. Since they are complimentary and not contractually bound to be rewarded, they can be revoked, though not without a customary warning. The precedent for that being the ending of the refer a friend program.

Paying a subscription only entitles you to access to certain content, wear certain gear, and not be restricted in other areas. It DOES NOT grant the automatic right to anything which must be earned.

Right, I just disagree with the way that gear must be earned. I think there should be more ways for people to get what they want.

The rest of my answer was a response to a previous post that equated getting gear to getting cartel market items.

Edited by Exly

Where do rights and entitlement enter the equation? When you buy a game you aren't promised anything but a short window in which you can request a refund. Everything beyond that is at the discretion of the developer. It seems like both sides of this debate think its about some kind of right to have certain gear but I don't see how that follows.

Right, I just disagree with the way that gear must be earned. I think there should be more ways for people to get what they want.

I agree with you, they should open up the highest rated gear to all styles of play but I do think the rarity should be gated behind difficulty.

The rest of my answer was a response to a previous post that equated getting gear to getting cartel market items.

Until other avenues of gear advancement are available though, it is completely player choice not to go down that road.

4.0-6.x dumbed down the game fairly well, imo. The only people who got better were the ones who pushed themselves to. 7.0 is pushing more people to get better, and I don't have a problem with that.

There will come a point though, where you will realize you just can't get any better and come to terms with it, and accept everything that entails, including limitations on what gear you can attain or what content you can accomplish.

It's not dead. It is a very live subject, and may never be settled, but telling people to shut up isn't helping. By the way, your post stirred me up, is that why you posted?

I never said the word shut up at all stop trying to put words out that never happened now get back on that horse and go do those heroics and conquest.

In the end its up to the developers to make the correct choice here. There is nothing we can do but voice our opinion. Story & Solo players did neither earn the right, nor did a sub grant it to them, to wear 330 gear. Do you deserve it for farming nefra and then EV? No, but you still get it that way - is that unfair? No. Nobody earned 306 gear, 306 gear was too easy to get, too hard to min-max and just overall to complicated in terms of stat distribution. You can get all the gear you'd need from the content you enjoy and if thats not the highest GS then who cares? Especially as a solo player, why should it matter what GS other people have? I thought you solo?

I will however very well say that if they'd make rakata drop from solo mm chapters I'd be fine with that, because that gear would've been earned by defeating challenging foes. There and only there should 330 gear drop for soloers.

Again, this is my opinion. I am not deciding what should change, or should not change. I am not insulting anyone, but yet I read multiple posts being really negative towards raiders and nim players especially which made it sound like we asked for it. We didn't, the devs decided this - not we, it is just simply not my fault you can't get 330 gear.

Wait i just realized while typing this, since someone mentioned you used to be able to buy rakata from the GTN. You can still buy rakata gear from the raiding guilds in forms of carries, you could probably get lockouts for a few bosses and then just do them for the rakata drops. Of course this will cost tons of credits, we talking probably around 1bil piece upwards, but you could still buy gear technically speaking.

Where do rights and entitlement enter the equation? When you buy a game you aren't promised anything but a short window in which you can request a refund. Everything beyond that is at the discretion of the developer. It seems like both sides of this debate think its about some kind of right to have certain gear but I don't see how that follows.

The entitlement part is from the view that because BiS gear had been easily obtainable previously, the expectation that it would and should have been in 7.0, which it has not been. It is entirely up to the development team to lay out paths for us to obtain BiS gear. Unfortunately, there is presently only 1 way to do so.

It is up to each of us individually whether or not to take that path. For some, it is easier than others. Until there are other paths though, the course is clear. Go down that path, or just stay where you are.

You can complain it about, but at the end of the day, choosing not to go down that path is one's own choice, and consequently one should take the penalty for doing so.

The entitlement part is from the view that because BiS gear had been easily obtainable previously, the expectation that it would and should have been in 7.0, which it has not been. It is entirely up to the development team to lay out paths for us to obtain BiS gear. Unfortunately, there is presently only 1 way to do so.

It is up to each of us individually whether or not to take that path. For some, it is easier than others. Until there are other paths though, the course is clear. Go down that path, or just stay where you are.

You can complain it about, but at the end of the day, choosing not to go down that path is one's own choice, and consequently one should take the penalty for doing so.

Yes, the current system requires ops and that's the only way to get top tier gear. The debate is whether or not that should be the case. How does gating gear in ops help or hurt the game, in other words.

It's good to gate gear in ops because it gives an incentive for players to do a very challenging game mode and helps keep up the population of players who run them, ensuring there are enough people to run that content. Players who run ops also tend to be part of the hardcore segment of the player-base and are often the most well-versed at the mechanics of the classes, resulting in a large amount of community content being contributed by them. Furthermore, having top tier gear gated behind challenging content provides incentive for players to get better at the game, usually resulting in spending more time on it and thus more likely to spend money on it.

It's bad to gate gear in ops because it only encourages players to play in a specific way. Large amounts of content are given lesser rewards for completion which makes it, unsurprisingly, feel less rewarding to do. This is a significant issue in a game with so many different ways to play and effectively reduces the value of all that extra content. Also, players who are not familiar enough with their class to run ops are the ones who would benefit most from having the extra edge that good gear brings. Not to mention the effect of splitting the player-base into the "haves" and "have-nots" is a recipe for increasing toxicity and promoting elitism.

Kind of thinking in these days that is reprimanded or at best forbidden for the sake of diversity yet here is tolerated and even celebrated..."SOME PEOPLE ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"

What kind of message does this send to the playerbase when DEVS choose winners and losers?

Today culturally we are forced it believe that diversity is king yet this MMO seems retarded or just blatantly don't give a SSS for what is FAIR. This does not reflect good EITHER way and needs to change or reverted back to 6.0 and leave as the true" PLAY THE WAY YOU WANT IT" .

[/snip]

Thank you for seeing what I have been trying to point out....

The current state of Gear rewards is Pathetic and has been for some time. But now it is even worse. Now you simply are not ALLOWED to get the best gear in the game unless you do ONE And ONLY ONE thing in the game. It has been taken away from everybody else that wants the same gear... I did not say NEED, I have NEVER said NEED.

All I want is what has been available to me for the last 8 years that I have been playing SWToR and not be forced into doing something I have 1) no interest in 2) and CAN NOT participate in since I do not belong to a Raiding Guild and was NEVER before required to be, NOTHING MORE.

AGAIN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEED! It has EVERYTHING to do with what this GAME has ALWAYS been, compared to the Stuck Up Elitist Crap is being Forced down our Throats now.

For me (personally) .. I simply work at a different pace. I am slower... but NOT dead! The better gear allows me to "take a bit more" (whether damage or other needs as per mission tactics). And in the end I can still do what I need to do and survive without turning the game into a second job.

IMO when added together: Tech fragments medals of commendation, aquatic resource matrix and Decurion isotope stabilizers should be able to purchase 332 or whatever is out there. Additionally it would not hurt anyone else playing the game (or take away anything from it) .. IF an occasional "gold" piece dropped that was actually useful. Well ... it MIGHT hurt someone's pride ... maybe (????) It shouldn't ... but it might!

There is no reason to horde up the pieces of gear we want for a select group! There's plenty of room in this game for everyone!

For me (personally) .. I simply work at a different pace. I am slower... but NOT dead! The better gear allows me to "take a bit more" (whether damage or other needs as per mission tactics). And in the end I can still do what I need to do and survive without turning the game into a second job.

IMO when added together: Tech fragments medals of commendation, aquatic resource matrix and Decurion isotope stabilizers should be able to purchase 332 or whatever is out there. Additionally it would not hurt anyone else playing the game (or take away anything from it) .. IF an occasional "gold" piece dropped that was actually useful. Well ... it MIGHT hurt someone's pride ... maybe (????) It shouldn't ... but it might!

There is no reason to horde up the pieces of gear we want for a select group! There's plenty of room in this game for everyone!

Yeah, pretty much this.

Why should they care what gear a solo player like me has?

In the end it makes no difference to how they play as I won't ever be there.

Makes a big difference to me as the grind isn't as bad.

Edited by Rammboo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.