Petition to remove Uprisings from the game

DeZanzibar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm being completely serious.

For a big chunk of 6.0, Uprisings were my absolute favorite PvE content in the whole game.

Then they announced they were going to improve them.

After they "improved" them, I stopped playing them.

That was one of the first signs of the attitude at Bioware that created the mess that is 7.0.

But I'm not joking. For a good long time, Uprisings were my favorite thing to do outside of PvP.

I'm not sure I understand why you want to remove content from the game. Fixing it or improving it I understand but just getting rid of it because you don't like it seems like a bad idea. There's not so much content in the game that the devs should be considering just scrapping stuff.

How could I ignore what's a part of my weekly challenges? Are you one of the few that like the annoying objectives?

While I wouldn't mind the removal of uprisings even remotely, they are easily ignored.

I simply ignore them just as I ignore ANY content that requires a group, even if that means I take way longer to complete Galactic Seasons or conquest.

While I wouldn't mind the removal of uprisings even remotely, they are easily ignored.

I simply ignore them just as I ignore ANY content that requires a group, even if that means I take way longer to complete Galactic Seasons or conquest.

Ditto. Although I find while I'm waiting around for world bosses or champion turrets to do shared tagging on them that sometimes someone else will immediately invite me to join an Ops group to do it. While I'd kind of rather just do shared tagging, it's not so bad to wait a few minutes for everyone to show up and say that they're ready and it earns me a few social points, or however that works now.

Hello everyone! Maybe not remove them completely from the game, cause I read through the comments and a lot of you actually like it. I think maybe a rework would be better but I have not seen that change at all. In fact, I seen it made worse. I was actually down to give it another try last week but... Solo mode, Veteran mode, and Master mode are all the same thing. Literally. No health change on the bosses regardless of difficulty, no damage change either, and the only thing I really see changed was just the additional NPC's you fight outside the boss.... just easier to defeat.

As for removing OPS?! Who the hell would think that?! OPS IS FUN! So is warzone... but still frustrating at times, even I had to make a forum to request some changes to it. Like level brackets, my god that's annoying... that needs a fix. Back to the subject, if we don't want to remove Uprisings we really need to say at least to make a change to Uprisings. I know the Devs probably wont care but there has to be a way to make them listen at least. Maybe bringing other players along? Maybe companions not getting one shotted every time you fight the boss? Who knows what the change could be.

I got an idea too, for this to be a real petition. For those who want to see Uprisings reworked just write: CHANGE.

For those who want to see Uprisings gone: (Which not too many of you) DELETE

I am now neutral to this, cast your vote! If also, write why Uprisings need a change! Thank you. :tran_angel:

I'm not against it, but I really don't see BW making Uprisings better. At most they will modify scaling and rewards, but whatever bugs/glitches are there will still be there.

As for it being a GS objective (with 12 points). Well, i did both week it was on and it only required for me a single Vet uprising to complete (don't know if counted differently than intended). So if you really want the 12 points just queue Vet and do something else while it pops (being tank or healer may certainly speed things, tho may still require some minutes to get group).

How could I ignore what's a part of my weekly challenges? Are you one of the few that like the annoying objectives?

there is a bug that makes sm uprising count for the weekly galactic seasons objective, what I have done this week for example is story mode firefrost and you get 4/4 points from just one

however I agree with the core of this point, rebalance them and make them easier

Edited by RikuvonDrake

the only thing who need to be petitioned is the 7.0 roll back to 6.2

heck no! While I don't like all the changes in 7.0 I like enough of them to be happy with the way Swtor plays in 7.0.

6.0 wasn't that great, the RNG gearing was horrible, and this is much better.

Same for me - ignored to the point that I don't even know how you find or start uprisings...

I don't see any reason to remove existing content, even though Uprisings are pretty sparsely employed.

The problem with Uprisings is the devs don't have any clear development philosophy for what makes them distinctive as content, so they're essentially just flashpoints with worse rewards and no MM GF option.

Uprisings need to be more distinctive in terms of the kind of content experience they provide. For instance, one option would have been to make Uprisings a single encounter with specific mechanics. Kind of like a FP-scale version of TC.

Fundamentally though, the issue is SWTOR devs aren't very good. They're clearly the B-team or people EAware has dumped here for training purposes.

I would like uprisings to be combined with flashpoints, similar to how there are warzones and arenas in the same queue. They would be different flavors of the same type of content, small group PvE. Difficulty could be reduced and rewards could be increased to make them roughly equivalent to flashpoints. The benefit to players would be having "flashpoints" without repetitive story to spacebar through. They would be finished a lot quicker as well.

Not going to happen since uprisings are not forced content.

On the other hand this thread may be removed. https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Forum Guidelines

The following guidelines will help promote a user-friendly environment for everyone using the Service:

Do not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, etc. to draw attention to your posts.

Using the words EA, Electronic Arts, BioWare, LucasArts or any Developer or SWTOR CS member’s name in a thread topic is frowned on. Please make sure your thread title is relevant to the post subject.

Posting IBL, IBTL, or variants of “In Before The Lock” constitutes spamming.

Discussion of political, sexual, or religious topics is prohibited on the forums.

Posting, linking, quoting, reproducing, or discussing confidential information from the game testing program is prohibited on the forums.

Do not bump posts to the top without adding constructive content to the thread.

Do not hijack topics. Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited.

Profanity is not acceptable in communications on the forums or anywhere on the Service.

Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads or other moderation actions.

Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Posts that have been removed are not to be re-posted.

If you have a post to report, use the “Flag” button located on the post in question.

I don't play them so don't care about them.

That being said, for the people that do why remove them?

Enough content has been taken out, why spoil it for others.

So I don't get 12 points?

So what?

I'll get them from content I do play.

May take longer but I'm in no rush.

I just wish they were a little easier. I am always looking for content I can duo and I found Story Mode Uprisings too difficult for that. I would love to play Story Mode Uprisings if I could duo them.

I haven't tried in a while, but most used to be very doable for 2 people(+2comps); some even dolo with comp.

In most cases, for me worked best to to use Tank toon. It may take more time to complete, but there are no enrage timers. So concentrate on surviving first.

the only thing who need to be petitioned is the 7.0 roll back to 6.2

Yeah but it wont happen. No company has ever rolled back a disaster once unleashed even when the population drops massively. See SWG as an example. One change drove away over half the population, the next another half of the remaining. They just let the game die over the next year with the typical company PR lines of believing in their vision and that gamers will come if they give it a chance. This has happened to virtually every MMO that has shut down.

You got to stop. Seriously.

No, he does not. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion.