Legacy of the Sith World Premiere Trailer

JackieKo

That... was not a very good trailer, to be honest. Kind of cliche and hamfisted and not very memorable. (And lightsaber battles are boring when they're too flashy and with too many gimmicks).

But it was a very interesting look at where things are going. I very much like the idea that anyone can use the Force, so even if all this is is that more people can use the Force it's still a step in the right direction in my eyes. Sa'har looks like a character with some potential. And hopefully Malgus being passionate about freedom and such means he's getting a personality again.

That... was not a very good trailer, to be honest. Kind of cliche and hamfisted and not very memorable. (And lightsaber battles are boring when they're too flashy and with too many gimmicks).

But it was a very interesting look at where things are going. I very much like the idea that anyone can use the Force, so even if all this is is that more people can use the Force it's still a step in the right direction in my eyes. Sa'har looks like a character with some potential. And hopefully Malgus being passionate about freedom and such means he's getting a personality again.

I was pleasantly surprised it was Blur-like, if not Blur itself, rather than hashing together in game footage.

Many callbacks to themes expressed by Luke in The Last Jedi, regarding how the order kept the knowledge for themselves.

Thank you.

Callback to the first video where Shatele and her master fight Malgus and his? CHeck

Malgus slays a fellow Sith? Check

One 6 minute trailer does not gloss over the lack of anything at release, the removal of abilities, and the lack of content.

SW is a multi-Billion dollar IP, and EA has run this game into the ground.

Enjoy the ride kids. The end (2023) is a lot closer than the beginning.

Very enjoyable trailer.

If this would have been released earlier, maybe hype could have been built. However, knowing what is waiting after the patch, I'm currently not even willing to open the launcher.

At this point, I'd rather pay for a regular set of videos like this then for a sub for this game.

Edited by JattaGin

Good cinema ... hated the story!

So ... let's see.... First, i agree: the 'cinematic' was truly EXCELLENT! ( Blur Studios, as i had previously wished? ) .... i am very very surprised that EA gave BioWare the $$'s to make such a expensive trailer. Very pleasantly surprised....and very intrigued. ( re: impressive, most impressive :hope_02: )

Secondly, the umm "story" ...Well , put simply: It's just sort of a diversity riff on

again, no? Plus adding in all the MALGUS x-factor (and 'force memory machine' ) , which is kinda cool imo.

Kudos to BioWare, if this superb trailer is any indication of what 7.0 revamp is gonna be. :sy_galaxy:

Secondly, the umm "story" ...Well , put simply: It's just sort of a diversity riff on
again, no? Plus adding in all the MALGUS x-factor (and 'force memory machine' ) , which is kinda cool imo.

Kudos to BioWare, if this superb trailer is any indication of what 7.0 revamp is gonna be. :sy_galaxy:

Malgus has always been about seeking out strength, this is why he formed the New Empire, using the technological talents of the Anomids, the strength of the Trandoshans/Mandalorians/Kaleesh, rejecting the racism of the Empire. Now, he’s patting himself on the back for breaking his chains with whatever he found on Dantooine, and he has realized both the Jedi Order and the Sith leadership are all about suppressing something. The Jedi surprise emotional attachments (which is why they remove the children from their families and can’t train them if they are too old), and now we know they sense dark side potential early on and reject those candidates to basically hope they forget their Force powers. Just like Ahsoka tried to convince the Mandalorian to do exactly that to Grogu because she sensed how attached he was to the Mandalorian already. I haven’t watched any of Book of Boba Fett yet so I’m unclear if there is more to her story and if she interacted with Luke.

Don’t get me wrong, Malgus is doing just as much manipulation. He thinks freeing the force user, allowing them to use their emotions fully, will help him accomplish his ends. Just because the Jedi surprise emotion doesn’t mean it isn’t wise to recognize the influence strong emotion and attachments can have. That’s why, to quote Revan during Echoes of Oblivion, the Force seeks balance. Jedi and Sith both suffer from pride that leads them to think they’re in control, instead of listening and being obedient to the power outside of themselves.

At first I thought there was something wrong with my graphics/browser settings that was messing up the lighting. Then I watched a few other new and old videos and they were fine...

...Why in this "cinematic" do all the living beings look like they're made from plasticine? Why does the physics behave inconsistently between fast and slow or measured movement (no I'm not talking about bullet-time, dramatic effect slow-mo)?

The only punchy lighting which had depth, dazzle and character was the light sabers, reflections on droids and sunlight. No moisture in this latest incarnation of the SW universe?

Story-wise, much like the 2 previous trilogies, this is rehashing what we've seen before and packaging it for the latest generation of pre-teens. Where is the maturity and complexity of storytelling, characterisation and drama that actually acknowledges that many/most of the fans are now (well) over 35 years old?

By comparison watched the 4k re-issue of "Return" and the new trailer for "Lightyear"...

...and the patch isn't finished...

<sigh>

...oh wait, the servers are up. Let's see how it goes for the early adopters.

Edited by Morten_Venisse
correction for elapsed time

So ... let's see.... First, i agree: the 'cinematic' was truly EXCELLENT! ( Blur Studios, as i had previously wished? ) .... i am very very surprised that EA gave BioWare the $$'s to make such a expensive trailer. Very pleasantly surprised....and very intrigued. ( re: impressive, most impressive :hope_02: )

** We're both agreed 100% on the value of the trailer. Excellent work. Frankly so much of the artwork done by BW on the game is very well done too!! (I've said this in the past numerous times. )

** The whole sibling thing really isn't that big a deal. That theme runs through the majority of the entire Star Wars Saga in one form or another. Soooo ... nah !! not that big a deal.

** Hopefully we will be able to actually play the game and have fun as much as we did in 6.0

I still don't care that much for the same old story of "kill a Jedi" theme while the dark side character walks away with smug reassurance ... gloating usually right after killing a Jedi (or someone else).

It's just my personal view on stuff right now. And no ... frankly I don't expect that very many will agree with me at all. And that's cool. I hold no grudges.

(It should also be noted that I liked KotFE / ET over all as a general observation)

Edited by OlBuzzard

maybe it's already been said in this thread... am I wrong, or was that a different voice actor for Malgus? I just couldn't get past it. In this trailer, he just didn't seem menacing enough. It just didn't feel right.

Actually, from a cinematic standpoint ... it was actually quite well done!

Those who are responsible for the tech aspect are obviously good at what they do! The VA is good as well.

( I would have preferred a little different script) ... so that part is on me !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...