Releasing 7.0 without weapon designer is Unacceptable !

Shinzzun

So, is sounds like you think that they intentionally lied in order to smooth things over with us? I wonder who would benefit from such a deception? If they did it to stop people from being "pissed off about not being able to use their custom weapons anymore" then is sounds like you are suggesting that they committed fraud to prevent people from possibly Un subbing because of this change. That's pretty serious if what you suggest is true.

Also, there was another option. They could have told us the truth, and if that did piss people off, they could have sucked it up and suffered the consequences instead of doing as you suggest they might have done.

Fraud? There's no contract signed here. They might not have been sure they could pull it out in time though, but made the announcement nevertheless, because they wanted people to know it was coming. That's all I'm saying. I might be wrong though, maybe they did hope to make it but realized it just wasn't possible.

Estimating isn't that simple I'm afraid

Nothing they promised are things they can't do, it's things they can't do in the time and budget they thought they would need

Actually, they can't give us a different first combat style at all - that's something they promised and can't do.

Either way, I think those two things would not have been a huge deal if the other changes had been overall positive. These are just the tip of the iceberg I guess.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraud? There's no contract signed here. They might not have been sure they could pull it out in time though, but made the announcement nevertheless, because they wanted people to know it was coming. That's all I'm saying. I might be wrong though, maybe they did hope to make it but realized it just wasn't possible.

Look up the work for yourself. Fraud is not only applicable to signed contracts, it's also tied to false statements that are intended result in financial or personal gain. So, from what you wrote earlier, it did sound to me like you were suggesting that some element of fraud was employed.

Look up the work for yourself. Fraud is not only applicable to signed contracts, it's also tied to false statements that are intended result in financial or personal gain. So, from what you wrote earlier, it did sound to me like you were suggesting that some element of fraud was employed.

Considering that they announced that it wouldn't be in 7.0 way before its release, you have no argument here.

Honestly I really would not be shocked if we do not get Weapons in outfitter at all. It was suppose to be in when outfitter was released then it got pushed back what was suppose to be a few months because they were having issues with it back in the day. The issue with it atm is really just lack of mods to make not doing it viable. Which I think will ultimately come to pass as I 100% do not see them ever releasing it as it was promised in Shadow of Revan, Kotfe/Kotet, Onslaught and for 7.0. Nothing to say the idea just wont entirely be scrapped altogether on us which if they have too much more trouble with it, it will very will likely be scrapped. The other issue they are having with it is the combat styles themselves if not for having the 2nd combat style it would probably work a lot smoother but if you remember weapons in outfitter was not announced until the livestream in november (or got dropped in october in forums i cant remember which) if i am remembering correctly it was not something that was promised actually in june. It was an additional feature they tried to push out in addition to everything with 7.0.

I get that many people want it delayed til it gets released and i am not happy about it not being in the expansion either because of the lack of mods for weapons at least to make up for that. But if they delayed it until weapons in outfitter was ready we would be looking at another 10 yrs before it would be ready for release at the minimum. I gurantee weapons in outfitter will be delayed again from march/april timeframe to probably next october - following march timeframe if it is just not scrapped. At this point just freaking bring back mods and be done with it because it clearly has not worked in all the attempts they tried to get it released at and kept getting pushed back because of the issues they were having with.

Honestly I really would not be shocked if we do not get Weapons in outfitter at all. It was suppose to be in when outfitter was released then it got pushed back what was suppose to be a few months because they were having issues with it back in the day. The issue with it atm is really just lack of mods to make not doing it viable. Which I think will ultimately come to pass as I 100% do not see them ever releasing it as it was promised in Shadow of Revan, Kotfe/Kotet, Onslaught and for 7.0. Nothing to say the idea just wont entirely be scrapped altogether on us which if they have too much more trouble with it, it will very will likely be scrapped. The other issue they are having with it is the combat styles themselves if not for having the 2nd combat style it would probably work a lot smoother but if you remember weapons in outfitter was not announced until the livestream in november (or got dropped in october in forums i cant remember which) if i am remembering correctly it was not something that was promised actually in june. It was an additional feature they tried to push out in addition to everything with 7.0.

I get that many people want it delayed til it gets released and i am not happy about it not being in the expansion either because of the lack of mods for weapons at least to make up for that. But if they delayed it until weapons in outfitter was ready we would be looking at another 10 yrs before it would be ready for release at the minimum. I gurantee weapons in outfitter will be delayed again from march/april timeframe to probably next october - following march timeframe if it is just not scrapped. At this point just freaking bring back mods and be done with it because it clearly has not worked in all the attempts they tried to get it released at and kept getting pushed back because of the issues they were having with.

Oh, they'll have to do something eventually. Either they do that, or they give us mods. There's no way they're going to say goodbye to that CC cash cow.

Oh, they'll have to do something eventually. Either they do that, or they give us mods. There's no way they're going to say goodbye to that CC cash cow.

I know the simple fix for this and its quite easy. BioWare just needs to swallow their pride and contact Squire-Enix and YoshiP on how to create their own version of FFXIV glamour system. It is rather intuitive and is the true endgame of FFXIV! Everything, and I mean everything can be glamoured to look like anything a player wants to look like. Want to use a special set of jewelry for your accessories? Done! Want to take that 7' monster great sword and make it look like a ōdachi? Done! Want your Paladin's plate armor look like school boy/girl's uniform? Done!

If BW were to ask, I'm pretty sure YoshiP and company would probably help in their endeavor to change the look our weapons and improve on how the armor looks too. Never hurts to ask for help from the #1 RPGMMO game in the world. :D

I know the simple fix for this and its quite easy. BioWare just needs to swallow their pride and contact Squire-Enix and YoshiP on how to create their own version of FFXIV glamour system. It is rather intuitive and is the true endgame of FFXIV! Everything, and I mean everything can be glamoured to look like anything a player wants to look like. Want to use a special set of jewelry for your accessories? Done! Want to take that 7' monster great sword and make it look like a ōdachi? Done! Want your Paladin's plate armor look like school boy/girl's uniform? Done!

If BW were to ask, I'm pretty sure YoshiP and company would probably help in their endeavor to change the look our weapons and improve on how the armor looks too. Never hurts to ask for help from the #1 RPGMMO game in the world. :D

Hahaha.

I'd play FFIV if you didn't have to group, lol.

What makes you think you can hold a lightsaber with a Bounty Hunter? How do you get the even more naive idea that you can shoot with it?

Ever seen lightsabers with laser pointers for increased hit chance? I did; not in SWTOR, because there are no laser pointers you could modify your weapons with. But it highlights the problem: The game has to make sure that you cannot do this stuff and only the things which are within the bounds of what is allowed. Now if you have loadouts you have to bind that to loadouts and not the "social" gear, unless you are ok with seeing a pistol sniper, to give an example. This is why I brought up this over the top example of a lightsaber wielding BH who runs a sniper loadout and shoots you with that, just to drive the larger problem home.

If you can do something like that in 3 minutes BW should maybe hire you, because then everything will be solved within a week! Ok, that was another over the top example, but you started it with these 3 minutes.

PS: I may know a thing or two about software development.

Hahaha.

If you believe that there's any level of toxicity in FFXIV by grouping for MSQ dungeons you are sorely mistaken. That community goes out of its way to help new players in explaining how the mechanics work one you let them know this is your first time. That most certainly doesn't happen here. When you wipe in FFXIV, they laugh it off and start again. Yet here they rant and rage insulting players who fail to live up to their lofty expectations then promptly quit.

I wonder if you'll be quitting SWTOR now that they are forcing you to do FPs and Ops for the new gear? In my opinion taking the stance as you are about FFXIV never playing all because they require certain dungeons played in groups, how can you even cast judgement without ever participating? How do you even advance in SWTOR where it is required? Or do you just do story mode with the bots? I'm just curious as to your real reasoning.

I can promise you this, if you play on the same server as I, I can invite you to our Free Company where I and others will bend over backwards to help you. Just has I have for Trixie. You can play this game for free up to lvl 60 through the completion of Heavensward. This is an open offer if you are so inclined. I'm on Aether/Adamantoise, give it some thought and consideration.

Lastly, once you've reached 70+ you can go solo dungeons unsynced. Meaning you go in at your current level. At 80 I clear all content with my good friend and have done so alone on my Paladin/Dark Knight. Now that I'm level 90, level 70 and below is easy. These are normal dungeons and trials. Not raids. Raids would require a few friends to do that.

If you believe that there's any level of toxicity in FFXIV by grouping for MSQ dungeons you are sorely mistaken. That community goes out of its way to help new players in explaining how the mechanics work one you let them know this is your first time. That most certainly doesn't happen here. When you wipe in FFXIV, they laugh it off and start again. Yet here they rant and rage insulting players who fail to live up to their lofty expectations then promptly quit.

I wonder if you'll be quitting SWTOR now that they are forcing you to do FPs and Ops for the new gear? In my opinion taking the stance as you are about FFXIV never playing all because they require certain dungeons played in groups, how can you even cast judgement without ever participating? How do you even advance in SWTOR where it is required? Or do you just do story mode with the bots? I'm just curious as to your real reasoning.

I can promise you this, if you play on the same server as I, I can invite you to our Free Company where I and others will bend over backwards to help you. Just has I have for Trixie. You can play this game for free up to lvl 60 through the completion of Heavensward. This is an open offer if you are so inclined. I'm on Aether/Adamantoise, give it some thought and consideration.

Lastly, once you've reached 70+ you can go solo dungeons unsynced. Meaning you go in at your current level. At 80 I clear all content with my good friend and have done so alone on my Paladin/Dark Knight. Now that I'm level 90, level 70 and below is easy. These are normal dungeons and trials. Not raids. Raids would require a few friends to do that.

Nah, I came back to SWTOR because I didn't have to group to finish the story. I'm not going to group just to get a bit more item rating, it's not worth the aggravation (I tried some vet FPs for Galactic Season... let's say I have no desire to go through that again). Honestly i was looking for a solo-friendly MMO because I love the trading/selling part, and because MMOs get regular updates, which isn't the case of single player games. But I spent 15 years playing other MMOs and I just never want to have to bother with grouping/raiding again.

Hahaha.

You don’t have to group in FFXIV anymore than you have to in swtor. And even if you do decide to group, they are so extra nice that I did a doubletake because I thought they were trolling me. Turns out, not everyone in online games are butt holes. The community in FFXIV is extra nice and accommodating. It actually took me a minute to get my head around it after playing with swtors toxicity for 10 years straight.

Sadly, there F2P trial is disabled at the moment because they’ve been so successful they had disable them and new sales (up until recently) and I can’t access my F2P account or set one up for my wife to try before we invest in buying it.

Can you imagine their game is so successful they had to stop selling it? Could you ever see that happening with swtor? (that was rhetorical) because we know that would never happen. First BioWare would need to listen to the player base and make the game more fun and engaging based on player feedback and two communication.

Nah, I came back to SWTOR because I didn't have to group to finish the story. I'm not going to group just to get a bit more item rating, it's not worth the aggravation (I tried some vet FPs for Galactic Season... let's say I have no desire to go through that again). Honestly i was looking for a solo-friendly MMO because I love the trading/selling part, and because MMOs get regular updates, which isn't the case of single player games. But I spent 15 years playing other MMOs and I just never want to have to bother with grouping/raiding again.

It's not just that though. SWTOR is Star Wars. There are more people who love fantasy than people who like Star Wars. So it's not really surprising that more people like FF14.

Also... All Final Fantasy games have been made by the same company, which isn't the case of Star Wars games. So it's really not a fair comparison.

It's not just that though. SWTOR is Star Wars. There are more people who love fantasy than people who like Star Wars (1) . So it's not really surprising that more people like FF14.

Also... All Final Fantasy games have been made by the same company,(2) which isn't the case of Star Wars games. So it's really not a fair comparison.

(1) The Lord of the Rings is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential film series ever made. It was a major financial success and is among the highest-grossing film series of all time with $2.991 billion in worldwide receipts.

Created by George Lucas', Star Wars is now among the highest grossing film franchises in the world with a total worldwide box office revenue of over ten billion U.S. dollars.

(I didn't include books because nobody reads anything these days beyond 280 characters.

(2) We're not talking about "all" companies. We're talking about THIS ONE. Furthermore, you DO realize EA had an E-X-C-L-U-S-I-V-E license to make SW games. Right?

EA has made over $3 billion from its slate of Star Wars titles, and it isn't planning on slowing down development for how many games it makes within that license – even if it no longer holds the exclusive rights to make them.

(1) The Lord of the Rings is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential film series ever made. It was a major financial success and is among the highest-grossing film series of all time with $2.991 billion in worldwide receipts.

Created by George Lucas', Star Wars is now among the highest grossing film franchises in the world with a total worldwide box office revenue of over ten billion U.S. dollars.

(I didn't include books because nobody reads anything these days beyond 280 characters.

(2) We're not talking about "all" companies. We're talking about THIS ONE. Furthermore, you DO realize EA had an E-X-C-L-U-S-I-V-E license to make SW games. Right?

EA has made over $3 billion from its slate of Star Wars titles, and it isn't planning on slowing down development for how many games it makes within that license – even if it no longer holds the exclusive rights to make them.

OK you're comparing movies to games, If you want to go that route, you should check out Lord of the Rings Online, which also proves that, just because some people love a movie, doesn't mean that they will like the games. With Final Fantasy, at least you know that people who like Final Fantasy will like games - specifically RPGs.

Ok, my bad for the company thing though - totally forgot that it was always EA until now. But Star Wars games are all different from each other - some are shooters, some are plaform, some are mixed. Heck I dislike most of them... The only ones I liked were KotOR 1 and 2 obviously, which is why I was interested in SWTOR.

I mean, Star Wars is amazing, but to play SWTOR you have to 1) love Star Wars, 2) love role-playing games, 3) love MMOs (although less now). So it's a pretty specific niche. For Final Fantasy (or WoW, really), that you're a fan of Final Fantasy or Warcraft is not really that relevant. With SWTOR, well... it's a bit hard to ignore that it's Star Wars and not just science fiction.

And don't forget that the game has changed a LOT since it was released, and a lot of people who might have quit after the launch (too hard, have to group, etc) are probably not even considering giving it a second chance. I sure wasn't at all until someone on Reddit made me aware that you can finish the storylines solo now... and it took me 8 years to come back. Heck I totally forgot that the game existed during all that time.

tdlr: EA/BW need to crank up advertising.

Edited by Pricia

BioWare would need to listen to the player base and make the game more fun and engaging based on player feedback and two communication.

IDK about all that. I think the game needs more frequent content updates and bigger expansions. But that would require BWA to convince EA to invest money into this game.

As for the weapons designer, I find it mildly annoying that I will have to shelve my Furious set from S3 (top 3 lightsabers in the game imo) for a while. As a non-RP'er I don't find it gamebreaking though.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Assuming upgraded weapons are truly desirable, here's what I see as the likely impact for my characters:

• Sniper: Certain to be very annoying as my Sniper is a BT4 Female Chiss and long weapons have a definite 'posterior clipping' issue (which is why I've used a 'Compact Infiltrator' sniper rifle for many years now).
  • Mercenary: Likely to be annoying as well. I'm not really invested in a specific weapon, but there is a definite 'Goldilocks' issue with Mercenary Pistols (some pistols are ridiculously large, some are far to small to look right with BT3 heavy armor, but some are just right...).
  • Assassin Tank: Probably not going to be an issue on this character.
  • Marauder: Minor annoyance to lose the 'dual axe wielding' look
  • Lightning Sorcerer: Minor annoyance as his current lightsaber looks like it is made of lightning...
  • Tactics Trooper: Likely to be highly annoying as I really like the 'carbine / short rifle' look I currently have (if you're going to be in melee range, a long barrel is just going to look silly at best).
  • Jedi Knights (2): Probably little to no annoyance here as most lightsabers look the same anyway.
  • Commando Trooper: Annoying to lose the Gatling gun she was literally built around (was bored and decided to create a 'school girl with a Gatling Gun' character).
  • Gunslinger: Probably no issues here as long as the provided pistols aren't too large.
  • Scoundrel (2): Again, probably no issues here.
  • Jedi Sage: Probably a minor annoyance since my current lightsaber hilt matches this character's color scheme.

Overall, I expect my 'total annoyance level' is going to depend on how quickly they get the weapon designer update rolled out...

I mainly play three characters. Just sticking with those three in order from least - to - most concern::

1 - Jedi Consular - Shouldn't be a big deal. There are definitely some sabers I like more than others, but few, if any, have ever crossed into "I hate this saber and must replace it immediately" territory.

2 - Bounty Hunter - Starts to be a concern. Some pistols are just too large for my tastes. My BH is currently running around with a couple of blasters that, to me, appear close to the same size as some smaller blaster rifles.

This is, however, due to me not having spent a lot of time playing them after I got to 75 (had been stuck on 70. Only re-subbed a week or so ago).

The idea of having to use those pistols, or something even larger, full-time is not appealing.

3 - Commando - This is my biggest worry. There are far too many stupidly huge cannons in the game. Some people may like them, but I do not. That is why I have invested in cartel market cannons; To always have an option that I could mod if I wished to.

And now Bioware is taking that option away. I was relying on the weapon appearance outfitter to spare me that.

As it is, I may end up shelving my main until they get their act together, and that could be a while.

By the time they get their act together I may even end up deleting my main and re-rolling.

I was really looking forward to being able to use dual pistols and a Mercenary style for my Trooper, but they said they couldn't do that for existing toons for whatever reason.

I'm already planning on re-rolling my Consular, going with a Jedi Knight origin but starting out with a Sage spec (figuring out my second spec down the road after playing around with some things).

I may do the same with my Trooper. Shelve the old Trooper and start fresh with a new Trooper using the Mercenary spec to start and, again, figuring out what to do with the second spec down the line somewhere.

I hate to shelve long-time toons, but there is some definite appeal here to me.

Edited by Mithros

• 1 month later...
I was just looking for this type of topic. Why they have it so the weapons you get don't have mods slots is insane to me. It's something that has been in the game for years. I'm just going to say f*ck it and use my normal CC lightsaber that has a lower ilvl the entire time. No reason not to at this point. 7.1 will be coming in 6ish months.

Bring back mods.

Add a new tier of crafting and make the crafted mods orange + highest irating.

Make crafting awesome.

Don't cater to the miniscule elitist raider minority.

and why should crafters get BiS? so they can charge the community an arm and a leg for these mods? Heck no. Gear is fine as it is. We don't need 330 for doing heroics, and daily area's. Mods will become available in time as gear increases.

Edit: You can already make and sell the Gold 300 Augs and make a fortune out of that. Enjoy your profits from that and stop being greedy.

Edited by Toraak

and why should crafters get BiS?

They'll sell them on and the price will depend on the mat costs

Limiting BiS to a single, niche content type is a bad model. It will get walked back It's just a question of how many players SWTOR loses before they accept their mistake

They'll sell them on and the price will depend on the mat costs

Limiting BiS to a single, niche content type is a bad model. It will get walked back It's just a question of how many players SWTOR loses before they accept their mistake

The population hasn't figured out. BiS should be whatever is the highest for the content you do. So if you do Heroics, dailies and solo activities BiS for you is 326 green gear.

For people that only run FP's then BiS for that playstyle is 326 Blue gear.

For Ops players BiS will depend on the type of raider they are. They have a larger range for that.

The problem i see is people are hung up on the item rating. Unless your actually doing Group content (not counting PvP, since that has it's own gear.) we all are level sync'ed, so the gear won't really matter. As for FP's, 326 gear is all that is needed to make that content easy.

Edited by Toraak

Sorry but no.

I want to see the new story. I can live with my 306 weapons for a couple of months (especially as the stats of 324 weapons are just barely better, if at all).

I'd rather wait and see a GOOD system put in place instead of a bandaid that makes us change our outfit weapon all the time, personally - for example, have two different sets of weapon in EACH outfit so the game just automatically picks the weapon(s) that matches the active combat style, without us having to do anything to our outfit.

And that kind of thing isn't a 30 minute code fix.

I'd rather wait to see it done well. I'm also optimistic that if they can't do it properly, they will give us back our moddable weapons and gear (which frankly at this point they really should do, IMO...).

I mean, they're going to lose a lot of money if they don't fix it...

What story???? What story did we get in 7.0. It was a 30 minute to an hour freaking story.

and why should crafters get BiS?

Because otherwise there is LITERALLY no point to crafting.

If you don't let your crafters make BiS gear, then you shouldn't even have crafting in your game because it is utterly meaningless and worthless.

Who cares what "they" charge when it is insanely easy to max out crafting on any of your characters.

and why should crafters get BiS? so they can charge the community an arm and a leg for these mods? Heck no. Gear is fine as it is. We don't need 330 for doing heroics, and daily area's. Mods will become available in time as gear increases.

Edit: You can already make and sell the Gold 300 Augs and make a fortune out of that. Enjoy your profits from that and stop being greedy.

Anyone can craft, so having BIS in crafting should be completely fine.

The problem may come if getting to BIS requires too much credits that only whales can afford it. That was their mistake with 6.X, ignoring all feedback from PTS they started requiring huge amount of limited supplly mats just to start from green/blue. They only changed that mid way when whales already controlled the market.

Still, considering that in 7.x devs want that only NiM raiders get BIS, they will not allow BIS (besides augments) in crafting.

Anyone can craft, so having BIS in crafting should be completely fine.

Exactly.

And if crafters can't make the BiS gear/mods, then there is effectively no point in even crafting.

If they want their crafting system to mean anything, crafters should be able to make and sell the top quality/rating gear and mods. It is fine if they also drop in certain content, but crafters should always be able to make the best stuff.