Devs, PLEASE listen to this request. I can guarantee pretty much EVERYONE wants it!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're now trying to make a different argument.

Let's take the way-back machine to what I said:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9985341&postcount=38

Hmmm - Now, what part of that paragraph did you not read, given that I ALREADY addressed your comment about old information - before you even said it?

Ok you win at making a logical discussion illogical. You keep misrepresenting what I said and now trying to justify your previous posts as addressing my points before I’ve even posted them.

This discussion is pointless.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Im anything but upset.

You want proof. Ok, Charles said they don’t record all the player choices. Therefore, logically they don’t have said data. Therefore if you understand logic, you would know you can extrapolate that it’s impossible to obtain said data to make this system retroactively for the existing characters.

I don't believe I asked you for proof. I believe you herd Mr. Boyd make that statement. However, and I ask this in all good faith, when I make a choice ie. sparing Nomen Karr how does the game not record that choice? I go to Belsavis and Master Timms and I have a nice chat about it, obviously the game remembered what I did. Why did it not remember that choice with Gnost-Dural. The information vanished?

According to Charles they don't actually track every decision every character has made. KotFE/KOTET doesn't either but there are some things that get "remembered/logged" for the journal entries, etc..

I'd love to see the stuffs they do track.

They can't/don't track everything, of course, and there are also the bugs where your dialogue branches don't match up with your past choices (the most recent one is saboteurs not getting the saboteur dialogue) but they apparently tracked a lot of choices even outside of the class/main stories, Malora being a good example, and I want to see them.

Edited by eabevella

I don't believe I asked you for proof. I believe you herd Mr. Boyd make that statement. However, and I ask this in all good faith, when I make a choice ie. sparing Nomen Karr how does the game not record that choice? I go to Belsavis and Master Timms and I have a nice chat about it, obviously the game remembered what I did. Why did it not remember that choice with Gnost-Dural. The information vanished?

Exactly.

Have you asked other players whether they get a matched dialogue or not?

If there is a specific dialogue with Gnost-Dural regarding Nomen Karr but you get one that doesn't fit your decision, it's possible that it's bugged because there are a lot of reporting of similar problems (saboteurs don't get the saboteur dialogue, romance scenes don't get triggered etc.) Or it could be the writers pulled that detail but didn't bother to write a dialogue branch for it.

This thread has gone to mud lol. But I am curious about the choices that BW did not record. What are they? For example, if we talk about very very minor characters, like that scientist on Balmora SI , you have the choice to spare or kill him. Then, it doesnt make sense to record unless BW somehow reintroduces him.

OTOH, I think most events are triggered via flags. These flags should already exist in vanilla because we had a lot of story back then. For example, sparing Tremel triggered him appearing at final Baras fight, killing Jaesa's parents triggered that email from her where Baras congratulated you on breaking her.

My point is that these are probably just some boolean values to trigger stuff. They are not written down as descriptive text. They are stored because well otherwise we wont have Baras scene during the traitor arc if you spare him in vanilla. Just not text.

If we want a "journal", BW may need to go back to the beginning of vanilla game,

find in their codes where these flags are, create text base on conditions. Then they need to find a way to add those conditional texts. Companion window doesnt work because... Baras is not your companion. A good place would be the Codex window, perhaps append your choice to those existing text.

Is it tedious? Time consuming ? Yes and yes. But it'd be a great QoL imo.

As far as I can tell Gnost-Dural assumes all Sith Warriors killed Karr. I admit the old man was asking for it literally but I didn't do it! LOL :D

Then it's very possible that the writers pulled this detail and made the decision for the players.

I remember In the IA story, they said Tol-Braga is dead but you can spare him as a JK. It bugs me because it makes my JK's choice irrelevant. It's not the exact same situation but I won't be surprise if that's the case with Normen Karr.

Well IDK if most everyone, some or three want this. It could be put into a wish list along with all the other wishes we have. Me, I'd like bugs to be fixed before new stuff is implemented. Even then depends where this would fall in priorities, it might only be a nice to have whereas there are 47 bugs that out to have been squashed by now of which 4 are critical. There will never be a state of no bugs (yeah never say never)

Its been said the majority of players don't frequent the forums, very often or at all. That leaves the passionate, trolls, the pissed off folks saying they will quit, casual gamer and ppl looking for info specific to the game. So how do we find out what everyone wants, or would like to see if only a subset of players are here?

Survey? You'd have to make it worthwhile to answer and have to feel that the Devs would seriously look at the results.

Survey? You'd have to make it worthwhile to answer and have to feel that the Devs would seriously look at the results.

I’ve said it a few times over the years that BioWare should run player surveys so they actually know what people want or what players think of the choices BioWare make for us.

It should not be too difficult. All they’d need to do is have one question pop up when you login before you can hit play. Other games do this quite often.

I mean, fair, but often those types of halting problems tend to be on a much larger scale trying much grander things than just a video game.

Do you even know what the halting problem *is*? (There's only one.)

For the audience:

The halting problem is a conceptual problem in computer science, but it's a specific instance of a general problem in advanced logic systems, derived from Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem.

The halting problem introduces the idea of a general program analyser that can predict if a program halts (runs to completion) or not (runs in some sort of infinite loop). This type of analyser is impossible, if it can truly analyse *any* program *and* be 100% correct.

Why?

Well, because what does it say if I write a program that loops if the analyser says it halts, and halts if the analyser says it loops? (That is, the program calls the analyser, giving *itself* as input, and decides what to do based on that analysis, but it is contrarian and does the opposite of what is predicted.)

It's a conceptual relative of statements with undecidable truth values, like:

This sentence is false.

I just love it when people speak for me.

As much as I'd enjoy such a thing - this is a very...very...very...very low priority item in my eyes.

Not worth much.

I'd rather spend money AND wait a few months for an entire patch dedicated to QoL Fixes....not this.

<thumbs down>