Swoop Perfection still not working

akaryusa

• Dev Post

Hi akaryusa,

As your post is about a bug, we moved it to the bug report section of our forums.

The bug you're reporting on the Perfection Achievement is a known issue and will be fixed in a future update:

• THE ALL WORLDS ULTIMATE SWOOP RALLY
    • It is not possible to complete the Blatant Beks, Horizon's Razors, and Pit Screamers Perfection Achievement on Tatooine and Onderon.

We will be updating the known issues list when we have an update to provide.

Dev team,

All courses are bugged but it's possible to get the Perfection achievement on Dantooine and Tatooine however, Onderon is broken.

The work around on Dantooine is that the player should not cross the final marker before crossing the finish-line. Instead, the player should go left behind it and cross the finish line directly.

The bug on Tatooine is that the player should not cross the finish-line directly but, loop around the fan stands to the right before the finish-line and cross the threshold from the rear.

• Like 1

Hi akaryusa,

As your post is about a bug, we moved it to the bug report section of our forums.

The bug you're reporting on the Perfection Achievement is a known issue and will be fixed in a future update:

• It is not possible to complete the Blatant Beks, Horizon's Razors, and Pit Screamers Perfection Achievement on Tatooine and Onderon.

This is pretty sad.

Dev team,

All courses are bugged but it's possible to get the Perfection achievement on Dantooine and Tatooine however, Onderon is broken.

The work around on Dantooine is that the player should not cross the final marker before crossing the finish-line. Instead, the player should go left behind it and cross the finish line directly.

The bug on Tatooine is that the player should not cross the finish-line directly but, loop around the fan stands to the right before the finish-line and cross the threshold from the rear.

Could you be clearer, more precise ? Behind what, to circumvent or what to circumvent?

Could you be clearer, more precise ? Behind what, to circumvent or what to circumvent?

For Dantooine, look at this

and go to about 2:04. You'll notice that the player crosses a marker with an orange-ish looking holo-banner across it. You should skip going through this by veering to the left, going around it, and crossing the finish line directly.

For Tatooine, see this

and go to about 1:41. Here the player is going left around the sand trap to cross the finish line. You'll notice to their right there are some stands. As you approach this final area you angle to the right of the sand trap, and you can see a small path to go behind these stands, follow the path which will lead you to the back side of the finish line, then cross it.

That's how I got Perfect for those two planets and it worked for all 3 swoops.

Adding my examples:

Edited by drunkndsoriental
Adding Personal examples

Maybe if they moved the Swoop Event to only once a year, we'd get a fix like we did for the <I Don't Have to Put Up With This> Achievement. I mean, we told them it was bugged last year, and it had zero movement on it until a third of the way through the next event a year later.

Or at the very least, get customer service to award the missing achievements.

What is bugged is the final check-point line, just prior to the finish line. If you cross the final check-point line, the timer for the Bonus Timer Trial Mission does not work. Therefore neither does the achievement.

There is a workaround for Dantooine and Tatooine, that works always. Onderon, not so much.

Dantooine: leave the track just before the end, drive to the left, drive between the last check-point line and the finish line.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmvqavSjj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmG6AI66j

Tatooine: just before hitting the final check-point line, leave the track, drive around the finish line, and cross it from the back.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmGrIWqJj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmFq8pfvj

Onderon: same tactics, leave track just before the end, drive around and cross the finish line from the back. This rarely works on Onderon. Sometimes it does, most of the times it does not.

Since there does not seem to be a will / time / money or knowledge to fix this bug, can we please at least get a chance as in increase the bonus timer for the Bonus Mission Timer Trial by 10 seconds for Onderon Horizon Razers Bonus

Mission Timer Trial, so we can drive around and cross the finish line from the back in time? This should be a fast tweak, it would not cost a lot of programming time, just to change the timer to have 10 seconds more, so we can at least keep trying. Why 10 seconds? There are also 2 ramps that you need to take, one at the very start, another inside the tunnel, and they are supposed to automatically trigger a jump - however, this does not always work though, you sometimes fall off for no apparent reason without the jump being triggered, and have to drive back hoping the jump will trigger this time, what causes wasting time (another bug). So 10 seconds would be enough in my opinion. Also because the finish line on Onderon is on a bridge, it is not easy nor fast to drive around it., I usually lack a few seconds when driving around..

Thank you...

Edited by AntaresSWTOR
adding screenshots

What is bugged is the final check-point line, just prior to the finish line. If you cross the final check-point line, the bonus timer mission does not work. Therefore neither does the achievement.

There is a workaround for Dantooine and Tatooine, that works always. Onderon, not so much.

Dantooine: leave the track just before the end, drive to the left, drive between the last check-point line and the finish line.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmvqavSjj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmG6AI66j

Tatooine: just before hitting the final check-point line, leave the track, drive around the finish line, and cross it from the back.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmGrIWqJj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmFq8pfvj

Onderon: same tactics, leave track just before the end, drive around and cross the finish line from the back. This rarely works on Onderon. Sometimes it does, most of the times it does not.

Since there does not seem to be a will to fix this bug, can we please at least get a chance as in increase the bonus time by 10 seconds for Onderon Horizon Razers bonus time mission, so we can drive around and cross the finish line from the back in time? This should be a fast tweak, it would not cost a lot of programming time, just to change the timer to have 10 seconds more, so we can at least keep trying. Because the finish line on Onderon is on a bridge, it is not easy nor fast to drive around it...

Thank you...

It's impossible to bypass the final line on Onderon ! Can you show a picture by or pass ?

Yes I can, I am making a screenshot right now and updating my post above. It is possible, though not easy. 10 seconds more would help a lot. Nevertheless, it does NOT always work on Onderon, even if you do everything perfectly and before the timer runs out. Seems to me it works only if the timer shows green digits, not sure. That is why 10 seconds more would help us keep trying.

You can see from my achievements that I did manage to finish them all but 1, despite the bugs, using the workarounds mentioned before:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmkU0SCpj

Here are the Onderon screenshots, showing there is enough time for this race (NOT for the Horizon Razers one though, I rarely manage to get that one in time, I usually lack like 1-2 seconds. but even when I make it under the time, it usually does not trigger):

You can see on the screenshot I am at the end and have 25 seconds left on the bonus timer - if it were not bugged, 25 seconds is more than enough to drive through the finishing line, which take like what, 1-2 more seconds? So it can be done, for this one, if it were not bugged:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmtBus3Mj

I am driving around - I fell down from the roof top to the left here so was trying the longer drive around (I usually manage to get onto the roof top, unless I am making screenshots lol) and still have 18 seconds left:

https://imageshack.com/i/pm5g8HDpj

Bad luck this time - though I crossed the finish line from the back side before the timer expired (PIT SCREAMERS though), the bonus timer mission did not acknowledge it - that is, again, why 10 seconds more would help us to keep trying for the Horizon Razors one, maybe the RNG gods will finally listen to our plea - so this is just to show you that it can be done in time, nothing else, if it will work or not, is random, just keep trying:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmuqjXfKj

If I manage to get the bonus timer mission to work on any of my alts again (which works very rarely for Onderon), I will post the screenshots here at - that is why I said, if we had 10 more seconds for Horizon Razors Bonus Time, we could at least keep trying, it might trigger eventually.

By the way, I have run the Horizon Razors track on Onderon 143 times by now (still "a few" tries left till 200), so I do know a thing or two about how to finish it fast and without errors, before someone asks if I have done this or that - yes, I have done it all perfectly many times, not always, but obviously, something is still not working right, else I would have obtained the achievement when I did manage to do everything perfectly:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmaEQm7Zj

For Horizon Razors, I am at 9 seconds before crossing the finish line, which is more than enough if it were not bugged, but with the drive around needed, which also rarely works, it is not enough:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmqLvErZp

It did not work this time. 1 second short:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmiJLId6j

Being a programmer myself, I can just assume, as I have not seen the code. It looks to me as a multi-thread issue. If the value in a thread is not locked, it does not get queried correctly, another thread just randomly runs over it either before or after. Locking the value for all threads before querying it from other threads solved many problems I encountered. But what do I know, I have not seen the code, might be something else entirely. As I said, increasing the timer by 10 seconds would at least give us a chance until it is fixed. If it gets fixed.

Edited by AntaresSWTOR

Yes I can, I am making a screenshot right now and updating my post above. It is possible, though not easy. 10 seconds more would help a lot. Nevertheless, it does NOT always work on Onderon, even if you do everything perfectly and before the timer runs out. Seems to me it works only if the timer shows green digits, not sure. That is why 10 seconds more would help us keep trying.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmkU0SCpj

A screen of where to go on Onderon ?

Yes. You leave the track just before the end, jump onto the roof of the starting line structure to the left, and there from jump onto the other side of the road, then cross the finish line from the back. As mentioned before, it rarely works. Sometimes it does though. I have read many suggestions about how to get it done. Like - if you reset your internet connection and wait for 10 minutes before starting the game, or if it is your very first quest you try after server reset, or if you first do some other perfect run and this one immediately after that one and alike, etc. - many unclear voodoo suggestions there. Anyway, if we had a few more seconds for the Horizon Razors Bonus Time Mission, we could keep trying for the bonus (and achievement) one. See screenshots above. Edited by AntaresSWTOR

Maybe if they moved the Swoop Event to only once a year, we'd get a fix like we did for the <I Don't Have to Put Up With This> Achievement. I mean, we told them it was bugged last year, and it had zero movement on it until a third of the way through the next event a year later.

Or at the very least, get customer service to award the missing achievements.

I doubt that. It is a business. And as such, it is run by managers that decide what bug gets fixed and what not. Depending on their understanding of what will bring more money in, depending on how much programming time it would cost to fix it.

Obviously, this is not a high priority one.

Unless, a ton of people write about it, so it becomes hot topic, then it gets pushed up front? Maybe, but don't get your hopes up.

I was thinking, if I told my boss at my current job as programmer - "I am looking into it", or "I am tracking it", and would keep repeating that for months, or in this case YEARS, oh wait, it would not get to that, I would get fired sooner than that... So... As Bioware is obviously tolerating that, where do I sign up for a job at Bioware? Whatever job you give me, I will reply - "I am looking into it", and would keep repeating that for years - LOL being sarcastic, may the force be with you, support us... come on, fix it, it is not that hard, and would mean a ton to us. It would make your customers happy.

Edited by AntaresSWTOR

• 2 months later...

Actually, I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but I've just managed to get Blatant Beks and Horizon Razors perfection on Onderon, using the 'jump over the starting pilon' workaround and crossing the finish line from the back. I did blew up every explosive for Beks (including blowing up the first one twice while waiting on the start line) and did collect every orb for the Razors, and I mean every one, not just the amount required for the secondary objective. It's really close for Razors and you got only like 1 second to spare when you cross the line even if you do use your regular speed boost ability and Razors one both as soon as each one is off cooldown. I also have Speeder Piloting V, but not sure if it affects the swoop bike speed or not. Pit Screamers one I am still unable to achieve though, but since there is a lot of time to spare in that one, perhaps going through some hoops twice or thrice would do it.

Beks

Razors

Edited by IAmTheYoghurt
Adding screenshots

• 6 months later...
Hi akaryusa,

I can confirm as of update 7.1 this issue still has not been fixed. I just tried multiple times to complete the achievements for all three swoop factions on Dantooine and Onderon, I successfully completed the requirements but it did not unlock. I also noticed that for the Blatant Beks course on Onderon some of the explosive barrels are not counted on the bonus mission when they are hit.

Wie lange kann es dauern Fehler in dem Spiel zu beheben? Anscheinend nicht sehr lange, einige Fehler die seid 7.1 aufgetaucht sind sind ja mit dem neuen Patch behoben. Sollte also "schnell" gehen.

Aber vielleicht sind einige Fehler "wichtiger" als andere. Was Erfolge angeht wie zum Beispiel die Perfektion Erfolge scheinen ja ganz unten auf dem Schreibtisch des Technischen Supports zu liegen.

Ich würde mir wünschen das die Mitarbeiter hier mal ihre Priorität etwas auch auf die älteren Fehler im Spiel höher setzen würden.

To think I've been running these courses over and over again looking for the one target/orb/hoop I must be missing because I haven't been getting perfection achievement on Tatooine or Onderon. And then I decided to check the forums, and it turns out those achievements haven't been working for what, roughly a year now?

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 1:01 AM, Minnengroda said:

This is still bugged for over a year now! I know that the small Dev Team is otherwhise occupied, but it is unacceptable to go live with an event that is still bugged....

Unfortunately for us  player$ , all we can really do is  accept it. :(

At least it's  listed within the massive  'Known Issues'  thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/923999-game-update-71-known-issues

Having worked for a few years on another SW game fixing bugs & testing QA , i've always wondered how complex/messy  SWTOR code  must be.... Because i so wish i could HELP  BioWare! :sy_companion:

Edited by Nee-Elder

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 4:40 PM, IAmTheYoghurt said:

Actually, I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but I've just managed to get Blatant Beks and Horizon Razors perfection on Onderon, using the 'jump over the starting pilon' workaround and crossing the finish line from the back. I did blew up every explosive for Beks (including blowing up the first one twice while waiting on the start line) and did collect every orb for the Razors, and I mean every one, not just the amount required for the secondary objective. It's really close for Razors and you got only like 1 second to spare when you cross the line even if you do use your regular speed boost ability and Razors one both as soon as each one is off cooldown. I also have Speeder Piloting V, but not sure if it affects the swoop bike speed or not. Pit Screamers one I am still unable to achieve though, but since there is a lot of time to spare in that one, perhaps going through some hoops twice or thrice would do it.

Beks

Razors

Again, unsure if they actually fixed something (doubtful) or as many suspected earlier it's just incredibly inconsistent, but I've finally just managed to get the last missing perfection achievement for Screamers on Onderon. Took me a few dozen attempts since the post above, and I've used the same jump-over-the-starting-gate workaround on the finish.

So I guess it does work, just ... once every hundred attempt.