The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GSF: Game-Breaking Audio Bug

arunav

There has been an audio bug in GSF for a while now. It periodically removes all sound, and often doesn't come back for several minutes at a time.

This obviously very directly impacts the ability to fly a ship properly, because of the lack of audio for incoming missiles, abilities other ships are using, a player's own weapon audio, companion warnings, etc.

Please fix this in a patch soon.

Edited by arunav

YES. That is so annoying. I recon everybody suffers from it. it is tough to predict when it happens..and when it stops happening. It hasn't always been there..but it has been there for a long time. Iexperience it like 1 match out of 10 or so. It is almost never gone the whole match though.

Sometimes, I think it is more likely to happen if you do lots of alt-tabbing while match is about to begin. Sometimes, it happens regardless of your alt tabbings.

Often, but not always, you get fixed by dying.

Edited by Stradlin

It hasn't always been there..but it has been there for a long time.
It was happening even when GSF first came out.

When it happens, once I die, I'll open up preferences, go to sound and uncheck the enable sound box, apply, close the menu, open the menu, check the enable sound box, apply, close. This often gets it back, but not always. Sometimes you just have to wait and it returns.

If they can't figure out a fix for this, maybe they need to add better visuals for missile locks.

Bug that deselects the Main Audio in Preferences. Happened to me as well, and didn't fix itself, so when I closed client and relogged, I went poking around first through Preferences and found the "Sound: GENERAL > ENABLE SOUND" Deselected.

Re-selected it and haven't had any issue since. (Seems intermittent, because I've tried GSF afterward later on and it didn't kill the audio)

**(Also posted to Bug Report thread mentioned previously)

This bug has existed since GSF dropped so I'm not hopeful it gets fixed. The workaround that (usually) works for me is to disable and then reenable sound when i notice it (either via preferences or hitting ctrl+s with the former being my preferred method). Then it usually comes back the next time you die and respawn.

That's not foolproof, but it does usually work.

This bug has existed since GSF dropped so I'm not hopeful it gets fixed. The workaround that (usually) works for me is to disable and then reenable sound when i notice it (either via preferences or hitting ctrl+s with the former being my preferred method). Then it usually comes back the next time you die and respawn.

I've played GSF off and on since it was put in the game, but never had the audio go out before the past year or so.

The workaround in your post didn't result in the sound coming back. I tried it in multiple matches today.

My estimation is it happens in about a quarter of matches I queue for now. Usually, the audio comes back on a different ship (not always, though), but if I don't die, the match will proceed without sound.

Edited by arunav

I've played GSF off and on since it was put in the game, but never had the audio go out before the past year or so.

The workaround in your post didn't result in the sound coming back. I tried it in multiple matches today.

My estimation is it happens in about a quarter of matches I queue for now. Usually, the audio comes back on a different ship (not always, though), but if I don't die, the match will proceed without sound.

That's actually really interesting and I wonder what the difference is. Timing, maybe? Or it could be a hardware difference.

That's actually really interesting and I wonder what the difference is. Timing, maybe? Or it could be a hardware difference.

For me, it might happen twice in the same day and then I might go 50 matches with no problem. Maybe we should start paying attention to other things we have running on our PCs at the same time as the game when it happens.

What’s really frustrating is when the sound bug makes your computer lock up and crash. Then you get a 15min pvp lock out for GSF and normal pvp.

It’s pretty freaking annoying as Bioware knows this sound bug can make your game and system crash and then they penalise you for it when it does.

I haven’t played for over a month and logged in to only do some GSF and pvp. Now I’m stuck twiddling my thumbs for 15 mins because Bioware won’t or can’t fix a bug.

BIOWARE REMOVE THE DESERTER LOCK OUT FROM GSF TILL YOU FIX YOUR GAME!:mad:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

this works better in between matches.

idk that it would call this a "game-breaking" bug though. it's annoying, sure, but not that big a deal. More annoying imo is the bug where your mouse cursor disappears when the win/loss board pops up at the end of the match. Caused by respawning just as the match ends.

this works better in between matches.

idk that it would call this a "game-breaking" bug though. it's annoying, sure, but not that big a deal. More annoying imo is the bug where your mouse cursor disappears when the win/loss board pops up at the end of the match. Caused by respawning just as the match ends.

It’s game breaking when it locks up your computer while trying to fix the it. Then you have to restart and you get a deserter lockout for 15 mins.

Sometimes this can happen in multiple games a day and other times it doesn’t. I had it happen 3 times in one day, which equates to being locked out for 45 mins when I only had 2.5 hours to play.

It’s extremely game breaking and frustrating. I’ve not played the game again since. There are other games with less bugs and less irritating features that don’t have lock outs (like SW Squadron). I’ve been spending my time there.