Again Hurting Innocent Players

MadCuzBad

I think for the sake of argument these responses are going over board just to try and prove bioware was right when they are wrong.

I think the same thing can be said about your insistence on constantly moving the goalposts just so that you can argue under the premise that BioWare was wrong, instead of trying to accept the given examples as the reason for the change and argue under this new premise.

Lets just take a deep breathe and humbly admit bioware was wrong on this and not turn this into conspiracy wars.

To be perfectly honest, I would have left this thread behind long ago, but you keep pulling me back in. It is utterly fascinating to see how you are trying to use almost every logical fallacy in the handbook in order to sneak in yet another "BioWare was wrong" comment.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you're talking small, medium and large yields in conquest.

I'm talking small/medium sized guilds.

Now try this again.

Unless you are in first place in s,m, or l yields it does not matter. Runner up gets absolutely nothing so of course I am talking about the conquest points. Its all that matters. Who wins is all that matters. And right now there is 80-90 million points between 1st and 2nd.

Another spin zone or maybe twilight zone is more appropriate.

Unless you are in first place in s,m, or l yields it does not matter. Runner up gets absolutely nothing so of course I am talking about the conquest points. Its all that matters. Who wins is all that matters. And right now there is 80-90 million points between 1st and 2nd.

If your in a guild that isn't pulling enough points, then perhaps it's in how you organize yourself, and the type of players your getting.

From my experience the guilds that win Conquest often are extremely well organized and constantly have various activities on the schedule most of the day every day for it's players to take advantage of.

I remember when one guild on Harb won every planet every week was around. They always had stuff for it's players to do. From what I hear from people in other mega Conquest guilds since is the same.

Edited by Toraak

If you're in "the top" guilds and believe this change doesn't affect them at all, why are you even here crying?

The first time I had the new change affect me on my small guild, I just shrugged. It wasn't the end of the world. The next week, everything was fine. Like everything in this game, I learned to adapt and add players early or on Mondays. This isn't rocket science nor is it some game-breaking issue.

To be perfectly honest, I would have left this thread behind long ago, but you keep pulling me back in. It is utterly fascinating to see how you are trying to use almost every logical fallacy in the handbook in order to sneak in yet another "BioWare was wrong" comment.

End of it for me.

Edited by xordevoreaux

...The one change I would like to see made to the probation period is for it to not apply to characters of the same legacy being added to a guild. If you already have a character in the guild then adding another should not incur a probation period. Making that change would largely, but certainly not totally, alleviate the impact of the probation period on small guilds, new guilds, and guilds that are legitimately growing and not simply sucking up all available unguilded players like Mega Maid set to suck.

This works for me. Good idea.

This is total nonsense. I have no clue who or what guild you are referring to but if that is happening its just people wasting a lot of time and energy for absolutely nothing.

Let me clear the air. I have been in The Sanctuary, The Galactic Order, and The Dark Sanctuary for years and have never seen this one time ever. I know all the so called "exploits" and this entire response is hog wash.

I was in one of the guilds that was doing it and watched it happen firsthand. So yes, it happened. And denying it won’t change what I and at least hundreds of other players experienced.

Also, these exploits (as I experienced them) were done with the expressed purpose of beating one of those guilds you named in conquest. So if were in said guild (like I have been for years - probably longer than you), you absolutely would’ve caught wind of it.

I really wish people would stop trying to defend bioware not allowing new guild members to a guild to participate in the current weeks conquest legit when it is NOT. It has absolutely no effect on large guilds at all period. End of story. Stop making BS up that is un true just to for some weird reason justify the change.

90% of the weeks are only 3 guilds winning, 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large. I am in the guilds who dominate every single week for years. So any "exploiting" will only effect those 3 guilds 90% of the time and the 3 changes I outlined in my OP have ZERO ZERO ZERO effect on the top guilds. It only effect small guilds or non competitive guilds.

I have seen no reason in this entire thread explaining why it effected the top guilds or highly competitive guilds because all the ones who claimed a reason for it are NOT TRUE. People are responding saying things that are incorrect and just not true. This latest post is another example of this. I have never seen this happening in over 2 years of weekly conquest in the most winning conquest guilds.

It is as easy as saying the sky is blue the fact that new guild members should be able to work towards conquest upon receiving an invite at any point and time. This change is extraordinary and pretentious. Anyone who does not understand that does not know what goes on within the top conquest guild like me and many others do otherwise you would simply understand this.

Your godawful grammar aside, the point you’re trying to make is misguided. The changes weren’t intended to be aimed at all the top guilds. It wasn’t intended to somehow bring balance to conquest. And frankly, there’s nothing the devs could do to “balance” conquest that wouldn’t completely undermine all the hard work that the top guilds put in to be the top guilds.

I could point out all of the individual arguments folks have made to explain to you why the changes were made, what aspects of the game they affect, and why they are necessary. However, I think it’s more prudent to point out that you’re outnumbered in terms of people who agree with you versus people who don’t. I’m sorry you chose this hill to die on, but so far you’re dying with very little support.

Please don't quote me next time if you're going to switch the topic. I'm talking about guild size and if you're not going to respond to that, why even quote me?

I'm such an innocent player that I don't even know what this thread is about.

Because I'm entirely ignorant of the point, I think it's pretty clear that I'm not being "hurt" at all, nor does my guild seem to be hurting. I mean, I dunno -- maybe I am being hurt & I just don't know it. I really am normally that clueless, so it would not surprise me at all.

/semisarchasm OFF

Please don't quote me next time if you're going to switch the topic. I'm talking about guild size and if you're not going to respond to that, why even quote me?

#1 I will quote anyone anytime I feel like it.

#2 Stop posting and not reading first. Just running into a thread and popping off without reading just derails a conversation.

#3 Nobody cares about guild size. The only advantage to "exploiting" guild recruitment would be for first place. And my proof of how utter non sense that is was this weeks conquest example of 80-90 million lead since this so called "fix"

Anyone with even basic knowledge of conquest knows there is only 1 winner per s, m, or l conquest and most weeks are only 1 of each. There is no prize for second place. So I proved my point by using this weeks example of the 3 top guilds being 80-90 million points in front of the second place guild WITHOUT THIS SO CALLED GUILD RECRUITMENT "EXPLOIT".

If you can not see this or understand this by now I am afraid there is nothing I can do more to get you to understand. The argument is mute because it really is a fact and facts discussed against turn into blah blah blah like we are seeing here.

To win conquest every week, spamming invites and kicking people is not necessary. It would be a waste of time and counter productive when you can lead by 80-90 million points without it.

At this point the argument is over. The OP is correct those 3 things listed in the OP should be reversed immediately. All it does is hurt innocent people and has no bearing on conquest winners at all.

Edited by MadCuzBad

#2 Stop posting and not reading first. Just running into a thread and popping off without reading just derails a conversation.

#3 Nobody cares about guild size. The only advantage to "exploiting" guild recruitment would be for first place. And my proof of how utter non sense that is was this weeks conquest example of 80-90 million lead since this so called "fix"

Anyone with even basic knowledge of conquest knows there is only 1 winner per s, m, or l conquest and most weeks are only 1 of each. There is no prize for second place. So I proved my point by using this weeks example of the 3 top guilds being 80-90 million points in front of the second place guild WITHOUT THIS SO CALLED GUILD RECRUITMENT "EXPLOIT".

If you can not see this or understand this by now I am afraid there is nothing I can do more to get you to understand. The argument is mute because it really is a fact and facts discussed against turn into blah blah blah like we are seeing here.

To win conquest every week, spamming invites and kicking people is not necessary. It would be a waste of time and counter productive when you can lead by 80-90 million points without it.

At this point the argument is over. The OP is correct those 3 things listed in the OP should be reversed immediately. All it does is hurt innocent people and has no bearing on conquest winners at all.

The reason these guilds are 80-90 million points higher then the 2nd place guilds has nothing to do with BW. These guilds are better organized then the other guilds when it comes to conquest. Plain and simple. The changes to new players not getting conquest for the 1st week in the guild have 0 affect on that. This entire thread is a joke and BW needs to just delete it.

also does it really matter if someone doesn't get guild rewards for 1 week? not really. Just stay in the guild and you'll get plenty of rewards after that 1st week. The only possible alteration that could be made is to allow alts into a guild without having to wait, but honestly I don't even see that as a problem. Make a character, get it guilded and bench it for 1 week before playing it.

Edited by Toraak

You have that right but I'm asking you not to, because what's the point if you're going to twist it into your narrow frame.

Well you don't read my posts properly. So practice what you preach and besides, just because I don't write what you like doesn't mean I didn't read your posts. And also, I refer you to your first point.

And that's a lot of assumptions because you have such a narrow view. You have a certain bias and because of that you won't allow anything else. Edited by Tsillah

This entire thread is a joke and BW needs to just delete it.

Pretty much, seems as though he is giving out about the fact others guilds are winning by a load, and is hell bent on blaming the 'grace' period . Even if there were no grace period, these same guilds would still be on the leader board.

It's just another attempt to blame others because the same guilds always win. They blamed crafting, and got it nerfed, but still the same guilds win, etc, this seems to be just another in a line of it's X fault our guild can't win :/

I agree, conquest is a RIP OFF. :rak_04:

Actually, it's a SCAM :rak_03:

It's a....SLAP IN THE FACE :rak_02:

Any moment now this game is going into MAINTENANCE MODE :rak_01:

You’ve missed the point entirely. The guilds that we’re spamming invites and kicking new people weren’t the top conquest guilds. They were trying to BEAT the top conquest guilds by using these tactics. It negatively affected player experience and became enough of a widespread tactic that the devs implemented the changes.

These shady guilds were never in the top spot. They were most likely never going to be in the top spot simply because they needed to resort to such tactics.

As multiple people have pointed out, the top guilds are where they are because of organization and effort. And as a member of one of those top guilds, I can confirm that this is exactly the case. We have scheduled events that are attended by dozens of guild members for the expressed purpose of generating conquest points to stay on top. Could another guild beat us? Sure, given the same level of involvement and planning. And if it happens, we’ll welcome the change and the challenge that comes with it

The changes are perfectly fine where they are. There are worse things than having to wait a minimum of a day to contribute to your guild.

I'm such an innocent player that I don't even know what this thread is about.

Because I'm entirely ignorant of the point, I think it's pretty clear that I'm not being "hurt" at all, nor does my guild seem to be hurting. I mean, I dunno -- maybe I am being hurt & I just don't know it. I really am normally that clueless, so it would not surprise me at all.

/semisarchasm OFF

Same for me,

As a GM and member of a what is considered medium guild, noone, and i mean noone except those who had a monopoly and lost it are crying about conquest, which is not even an indicator of how "good" to put it subjective, a guild really is.

Its just a made up important thing.

And considering that You can easily enter one of those guilds and leave as soon as You have Your achievement shows how low this section of the self proclaimed "community" really is.

I hope ppl like You dont even bother, its a circus and the leaders of those "big" guilds are the main entertainment.

The only thing that is important is that small and medium guilds get their cut and reward for the real effort.

What the big guilds have to complain about is like watching 2 Billionaires accuse each other of scamming one another while their status on how they got there is questionable.

It can be seen half a year ago when some , and i sadly cant name him/her, representative of a particular Discord forwarded " evidence" and created this chaos for small and medium guilds, which leads us to today, where we, again, face the same people being dissatisfies while players like us have it hard to get our weekly/daily reward and move on in our live.

Really pathetic display of self proclaimed "leadership" and "experience" of several members here that i recognize .

And yes i agree that at least the thing where ppl join a guild and have to wait until tuesday so that Conquest points count for the guild have only been a disaster towards smaller and medium guilds and another display of failure of those who were complaining in the first place.

I refuse , and im luckily not alone, refuse to be represented by opinions of certain people here who brought this mess in the first place.

Same for me,

As a GM and member of a what is considered medium guild, noone, and i mean noone except those who had a monopoly and lost it are crying about conquest, which is not even an indicator of how "good" to put it subjective, a guild really is.

Its just a made up important thing.

And considering that You can easily enter one of those guilds and leave as soon as You have Your achievement shows how low this section of the self proclaimed "community" really is.

I hope ppl like You dont even bother, its a circus and the leaders of those "big" guilds are the main entertainment.

The only thing that is important is that small and medium guilds get their cut and reward for the real effort.

What the big guilds have to complain about is like watching 2 Billionaires accuse each other of scamming one another while their status on how they got there is questionable.

It can be seen half a year ago when some , and i sadly cant name him/her, representative of a particular Discord forwarded " evidence" and created this chaos for small and medium guilds, which leads us to today, where we, again, face the same people being dissatisfies while players like us have it hard to get our weekly/daily reward and move on in our live.

Really pathetic display of self proclaimed "leadership" and "experience" of several members here that i recognize .

And yes i agree that at least the thing where ppl join a guild and have to wait until tuesday so that Conquest points count for the guild have only been a disaster towards smaller and medium guilds and another display of failure of those who were complaining in the first place.

I refuse , and im luckily not alone, refuse to be represented by opinions of certain people here who brought this mess in the first place.

That is what this thread is all about and I 100% agree with you on that point.