What's your SWTOR 7.0 updates/fix wishlist?

Lord_Neon

I would like to add a thing to this list of wishful thinking: Fix the Group Finder aka Activity Finder. What I mean is that you can actually create a group in the GF and other people can then see that group and how far it's filled. This then will allow people to switch characters or specs...or with 7.0 combat styles so they can fill the missing roles instead of sitting in the GF and hoping it will pop.

Also when a group loses members then people can see which members are missing and can join the team right away instead of having to wait for the team to be filled entirely.

I mean in SM Ops for example if a group loses their healers and there's one healer that is in the GF, he can already join the team and depending on which one, solo heal the group until you get a second healer.

I mean a lot of times people refer to GW2 and in this case it's the same again. It's because that game does a lot (not everything) right.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addition on Group Finder - I need an opportunity to put the finder specifically for a particular flashpoint/operation, instead of just randomly being pushed into a random flashpoint I wasn't planning to do today.

Erm, you can already do that.

How? I haven't found anywhere how to do that, all I've found is "bring your friends" but noone of my friends is playing SWTOR + I'm not a social person in general.

When you go into the GF screen and you select for example veteran FPs then on the right side of that you can go to a list of all the FPs. There you can (de)select specific FPs.. it's under "Filter"

Bring back old outfits! I want Destroyer armor set (mostly chest piece if I'm honest) brought back! Same with the red/white slightly altered version that's just the chest piece (Desolate Armor?).

Make versions of the chest pieces with waist flaps, have a version without waist flaps, so I can wear them without clipping into robes!

Hair under hoods! Hood down versions of armor if no toggle.

And again, bring back those old outfits that I don't even remember the name of and don't have anymore, because I deleted the character with them :( There was some leggings that came with imperial pilot style armor I recall liking a lot!

Better dyes on some armors would help too! Revan's robes dye terrible with white/white dye.

Just two fixes for me.

1. Fix the floating rugs in the Alderaan Stronghold (western lodging / large room with a window)

2. Fix the floating rugs in the Imperial Fleet Stronghold (room to the left with the window facing to the core of the station)

Oh, what the heck! I could possibly be the only one who cares about this :D:

1) a Valor extension to 110

2) a new title for 110

3) a vendor that unlocks various items (armor, weapons, mounts, etc) as one progresses through the ranks -or- a system like GS that, say, every 10 levels that unlocks a piece of gear to a unique pvp set, mount, weapon, or an exclusive pvp tactical.

I have had 5 capped at 100 for years now. I have 3 that are close. I enjoy playing these characters and would rather continue leveling them vs grinding another. Also, valor would have some type of purpose.

Thanks from a pvp junkie!

Edited by Nickodemous

well i want Nadia, Jaesa Willsaam, Ashara Zavros to finally willingly, join the alliance to help stop Darth Malgus, after their old paths have went astray, so your jedi Knights, Jedi Consulars, or in reverse Sith Warrior, and Sith Inquisitors, can accept them back and into the alliance fold. you sith characters can take them and train them into the dark side. or your knight, consulars can accept them back into your alliance and have more help. already you do get kira, for everyone. Nadia was only consular side, Jaesa for the sith warrior, and Ashara for the inquisitor side. i would wish for Jaesa and ashara and nadia to be available for the other jedi, sith classes to be accepted into the alliance. this change would help or be fun for 7.0 also why not a stronghold somehow on Datooine, or on tython for jedi starter strongholds? Korriban for the sith starter strongholds?

well another wishlist is make a vendor that would bring back the weapons and armor sets from the galactic Command rewards? that gave those lightsabers, guns, armorsets, there is already the monts and other stuff ... also this time for this expansion i feel it is time for a promotion for these classes, none of the claases have recieved a class title reward lately from anything of these expansions except for legacys or mastermode Ops. i mean Direct Titles make some more for this new expansion or later on in 7.0 Jedi knight, Consular, Trooper, Smugglar, Sith Warrior, inquisitor, bounty hunter, agent. for the bounty hunter it is a mandalorian story so make their title more mandalorian , ( example, Jedi Coundil, or Jedi Lord for knight and consular or something you can come up with, trooper already has Coronal .. so why not another upgrade 1 step up from that one? give the privateer 1 step up from whatever they recieved last time. same with agent, and the sith ones there should be some prestege ones to use from somewhere. have hair under hoods, make the option to hood down or hood up, and make the valor experience alittle more reasonable u get 3.5k from 8 medals why not make it 5k from 8 medals until valor lvl. 60? this time newer item sets, where look for their recieved classes, trooper like, jedi like, smuggler like, ect, and bring back the alliance forged armor sets in a vendor please. i know they werent delted i have seen the weapon skins on various other weapons lately. bring that set back.

Fixing the Desync in PVP would be my number one request.

Sadly, without an engine update, BioWare are limited in what they can do to reduce the stress on the game engine that causes the Desync problem in pvp.

The only way I can see Desync being improved or fixed in pvp is to make some drastic changes. They would include removing or reducing many of the “added” speed and gap closing abilities/utilities they’ve added over the last 4-5 years.

That and also bringing back specific pvp gear so there is only one set per spec and reducing the number of tacticals because the added stress of so many armor sets and tacticals is obviously making it worse.

You can see what I mean if you play lowbie pvp and max lvl pvp. As soon as you go from lowbie pvp (with no set bonuses or tacticals) to max lvl pvp, the desync increases significantly. This is also apparent on abilities too because lowbies runs better than mids due to less speed-mobility abilities and mids runs better than max lvl because of the same reasons.

Sadly. if server hardware and optimisation was going to work, they would have been able to do that over the last 5 years, especially during the last merge and hardware update.

So that means looking at other ways to reduce the load on the game engine.

I’ve made a specific pvp thread regarding this: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994838

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The ability to do solo operations (at least the ones that involved the Dread Masters story arc) as well as to solo the final mission for the Seeds/Shroud quests.

Yes, this. I wouldn't mind opening more FPs to being soloable as well. I've skipped all veteran FPs because I didn't want to group up.

1) I want each character to be able to select their own arrival point in a stronghold. Right now, if you click a terminal with one, it changes it for all your toons.

2) Sith eyes for twileks, so I don't have to keep them in dark 1 forever. It's annoying.

Edited by Tadagyt

Set up a test station with 3 screens and fix every issue you find. ;)

- The game does not remember my last size setting, so I have to stretch it across the three screens when it launches.

- When speaking to someone in RPG mode, the responses are all in the left screen. A frame could be centered, and then the dialogue options could still be left-justified within that frame.

Character Select:

- Press [Enter] to start playing the selected character.

- The character select screen is spread out when playing on multiple screens. Allowing [interface Editor] to work on Character Select would be nice.

- Allow options for the character list display, with [Paged] (current option), [Vertical Scroll List], or [Tiled].

- Allow manual sort options, so that we can resort the list the way we want. Maybe this could be an account-level option in Preferences, allowing [Last Played] (current option), A-Z, Z-A, Level Descending, Level Ascending, and Manual

- Show the most-recently-summoned Companion in the background of character select, either with the droid, or replacing the droid.

Dark vs Light:

- Allow a Gray option on the DvL selector, so that characters don't get alignment points for every single thing.

- Move every special unlock from mail to [Collections]. There's no reason to spam-mail newly-created characters with all of this stuff.

- Subscriber discounts for unlocking collection items for the whole account. I mostly ignore things that have 400cc unlock. I'm not paying what feels like $4 to unlock something that I just already paid for, just to pay again to unlock it more.

- Add more sort options (like A-Z, Z-A, Item Type, etc) for inventory and cargo hold, and add all of them to Legacy Storage tabs.

- Add an option to hide owned items from the Cartel Market

- Add an option in Preferences to select what gets hidden for Alt-Z and Ctrl-U, to include all nameplates (friendly and hostile), target ring, and any special effects (especially non-realistic gameplay spell effects). Turning off UI is usually for screenshots, so this would make it easier to get that action shot without it being ruined by a bunch of unwanted stuff.

- Increase the number of hooks per decoration type. For example, there are too many companions now, for the number of Personnel decorations allowed in my Strongholds.

- An online armory, where I can see my characters when I am not in the game.

That should be enough for now. You did say wishlist. lol

Set up a test station with 3 screens and fix every issue you find. ;)

- The game does not remember my last size setting, so I have to stretch it across the three screens when it launches.

- When speaking to someone in RPG mode, the responses are all in the left screen. A frame could be centered, and then the dialogue options could still be left-justified within that frame.

I’ve been playing with 3 screens for 9 years and have never had the problems you describe.

99% of the UI is fully customisable and you can move your chat and response wheel to the middle or anywhere you want.

I think the problem with your loading is you aren’t playing using full screen and are instead playing in Windowed mode. Switch to Full Screen under preferences and set your resolution to match your 3 monitors. This will always load the game across 3 screens.

With the UI, go into customisation and you will see that you can choose “all” or select parts of the UI to show. Play around with the selection and you can move your story interaction wheel and response buttons.

The only part that isn’t customisable is when you talk to some NP characters (like Hylo Vis) during KOTET because they used a different UI mechanism due to different devs not understanding the old code. That is the only part that needs a “fix” for people who use 3 monitors. That and the new stupid activity bar that defaults left every load and you have to move it.

I realize that so many have "favorites".. And I suppose that I'm no exception.

(In no particular order)

** the new class I've been REALLY looking forward to ( I know this is a really a reach ... but I just can't help but wonder how ti would be to play the part of that sort of character in a SWTOR universe. It would be fascinating !! )

** a space station similar to what I have described in details ( located on the outer rim with a spectacular view)

** the return of interactions with companions I know that this costs a few more $$$ but IMO this was one of the ear marks of SWTOR and to see that fall by the way side costs the game even more !!. (something to think about).

** As long as the UI is being overhauled even more .. then that one section that never seems to stay put ... NEEDS TO (it really is quite annoying to have to reset every single time I log in).

** And there are several BUGS that need to be fixed. I'm not trying to make this a constant rant ... but IMO this is something that really does need attention. Look how much it affected one of the better FP's just recently !! (Yeah I like it still ... just not the BUGS that are obviously still there!)

** While the team is making the game continuously making the game feel "current" in its presentation .. some of the older armor / weapons could use a little "sprucing up". Satele's "tunic" for example, needs the trim cleaned up quite a bit. That would make it look considerably better. As far as I can tell it's still quite popular on the market.

AND ... I'd love to see the alliance HQ revamped and updated to indicate further development and growth .. not just dirt walls, ceilings etc. This could be updated as a matter of in game progression matching the story line.

I'm quite certain that there are other really good ideas out there as well.

I would say if we get new classes it wont be until 8.0 after they work out the kinks in 7.0 as they are going to have to fine tune this system which would allow them to add new classes later on without doing the mirror classes and 2 advanced classes per side making it have to be upto 4 classes they add into the game instead of just 1 which they can do after this expansion hits. LotS is going to be a lot more friendly to the possibility of new classes later on down the road. I would rather them work on this system getting the kinks out throughout LotS than to add a new class ontop of a expansion that will be probably a big download for small content because of all the changes inside the game.

I would say my wishlist for 7.0 is:

1. Ability to call for other class companions that are class locked through a legacy unlock system meaning you have to unlock their returns first on 1 character before they are able to be obtained on others. The reason I say you have to obtain with 1 of the other classes is still making it a thing where they have to be obtained by the original class in the storyline first then your other characters would be able to use them on that server. Could give the companion terminal more of a use going forward.

2. Unlocking of Class/faction customizations like Sith warrior human tats, sith inquisitor scars, bounty hunter face paint, have squad tattoos, etc that are locked to other classes with the advanced classes being ripped off the base class this would be a failed opportunity for customization options if this does not become available with this expansion because of the custom appearance options that already exist and they were talking about customization options but never gave any clues as to what they would be.

3. Ability to recruit (soldiers/apprentices/padawans etc) /train new members into your alliance or whatever it maybe. Maybe go on missions that will unlock new characters where you could have the options of training them in the light or dark side. It has really been a long time for the force user to actually have true apprentices as most are grown up and progressed beyond their status of the base game. So training new characters up would be even be more cool is if you could pick which Companions would lend a hand in training up new members like scourge, arcann, torian, shae, lana, theron, jorgen, HKs.

4. part 1 to this: I know this next 1 is a bit of a long shot because of the cartel market but actually take stats of color crystals or switch around their stats. Onslaught has effectively made most of the crystals outside of Evisceratings useless because of scale downs sure some still have their uses only in Dxun and the new flashpoints but either do shield rating and absorption, alacrity, crit or remove the stats all together from the color crystals and make up for that loss on some other piece of gear. The reason this would be unlikely is become of money but they could at least change around the stats to make them more useable outside of just the 1 for content. Right now the other 3 crystal types Hawkeye, War Hero's and Indestructible have limited uses they probably see more use leveling just with cool colors than they do for the stats themselves these days.

5. change the hand positions or saber positions of some weapons to correctly reflect the weapon they are wielding mostly this is an issue with the different saber pikes and the curved handled sabers. The saber pikes you handle them so far up the saber you are literally not getting any use out of the weapon itself. I get that they just transferred the hand positions over from the other warstaves and double bladed lightsabers but when wielding these weapons its looks really dumb with hands positioned where they are on the weapons. As for the curved handled sabers they are held sideways instead of much more true to the saber themselves.

6. Fix the companion issues where when going to Kotfe/Kotet companions would show up naked if you redo the storylines so at least fixing the ability of their outfits to once again show up correctly in the cutscenes. Another issue is companions even if they are not dead or not reclaimed through the terminal still do not correctly show up on Odessen they are gone for some reason. It is not just the 1s that are reclaimed either and there is also the thing where you get duplicated companions for some reason with the terminal that needs to be fixed as well.

7. Multiple Guild Strongholds I dont just mean guild having flagship and 1 stronghold i mean the guilds should technically be able to obtain all faction available strongholds with no cap on just flagship and 1 stronghold.

Edited by Kalnarius

I would say my wishlist for 7.0 is:

1. Ability to call for other class companions that are class locked through a legacy unlock system meaning you have to unlock their returns first on 1 character before they are able to be obtained on others. The reason I say you have to obtain with 1 of the other classes is still making it a thing where they have to be obtained by the original class in the storyline first then your other characters would be able to use them on that server. Could give the companion terminal more of a use going forward.

2. Unlocking of Class/faction customizations like Sith warrior human tats, sith inquisitor scars, bounty hunter face paint, have squad tattoos, etc that are locked to other classes with the advanced classes being ripped off the base class this would be a failed opportunity for customization options if this does not become available with this expansion because of the custom appearance options that already exist and they were talking about customization options but never gave any clues as to what they would be.

3. Ability to recruit (soldiers/apprentices/padawans etc) /train new members into your alliance or whatever it maybe. Maybe go on missions that will unlock new characters where you could have the options of training them in the light or dark side. It has really been a long time for the force user to actually have true apprentices as most are grown up and progressed beyond their status of the base game. So training new characters up would be even be more cool is if you could pick which Companions would lend a hand in training up new members like scourge, arcann, torian, shae, lana, theron, jorgen, HKs.

4. part 1 to this: I know this next 1 is a bit of a long shot because of the cartel market but actually take stats of color crystals or switch around their stats. Onslaught has effectively made most of the crystals outside of Evisceratings useless because of scale downs sure some still have their uses only in Dxun and the new flashpoints but either do shield rating and absorption, alacrity, crit or remove the stats all together from the color crystals and make up for that loss on some other piece of gear. The reason this would be unlikely is become of money but they could at least change around the stats to make them more useable outside of just the 1 for content. Right now the other 3 crystal types Hawkeye, War Hero's and Indestructible have limited uses they probably see more use leveling just with cool colors than they do for the stats themselves these days.

5. change the hand positions or saber positions of some weapons to correctly reflect the weapon they are wielding mostly this is an issue with the different saber pikes and the curved handled sabers. The saber pikes you handle them so far up the saber you are literally not getting any use out of the weapon itself. I get that they just transferred the hand positions over from the other warstaves and double bladed lightsabers but when wielding these weapons its looks really dumb with hands positioned where they are on the weapons. As for the curved handled sabers they are held sideways instead of much more true to the saber themselves.

6. Fix the companion issues where when going to Kotfe/Kotet companions would show up naked if you redo the storylines so at least fixing the ability of their outfits to once again show up correctly in the cutscenes. Another issue is companions even if they are not dead or not reclaimed through the terminal still do not correctly show up on Odessen they are gone for some reason. It is not just the 1s that are reclaimed either and there is also the thing where you get duplicated companions for some reason with the terminal that needs to be fixed as well.

7. Multiple Guild Strongholds I dont just mean guild having flagship and 1 stronghold i mean the guilds should technically be able to obtain all faction available strongholds with no cap on just flagship and 1 stronghold.

All valid points:

And with regard to your review on my "wish list" ... you're probably right it will take time to integrate ... but that's cool !!

Let's face it .. the game has struggled for a while now in need of some much needed TLC. IMO the team is quite capable ... they just need the support mechanism in place to make things happen amd I'm not talking about just $$$. ( $$$ is just a good place to start). There's a LOT that goes into these game. And YES I'll be the first to admit it takes a tremendous effort and a great staff to make it happen.

BUT ... just think of the possibilities !!

I just wish the board of directors at EA could get a good glimpse of that !!

A working stabel Unreal 5 engine would sufice.

They said on the livestream with emphasis that although there will be visual and technical upgrades, this does not mean they will change the engine.

I know there are a lot of things being asked here that would fit in the realm of wishful thinking but I guess your wish is beyond wishful thinking even. ;)

All valid points:

And with regard to your review on my "wish list" ... you're probably right it will take time to integrate ... but that's cool !!

Let's face it .. the game has struggled for a while now in need of some much needed TLC. IMO the team is quite capable ... they just need the support mechanism in place to make things happen amd I'm not talking about just $$$. ( $$$ is just a good place to start). There's a LOT that goes into these game. And YES I'll be the first to admit it takes a tremendous effort and a great staff to make it happen.

BUT ... just think of the possibilities !!

I just wish the board of directors at EA could get a good glimpse of that !!

In many ways people need to look at this expansion differently rather than a heavy story driven expansion it could very well be a 1 yr expansion or whatever short time frame getting stuff fixed for the long term. As this actually is fixing things for the long run rather than just for an expansion. The way they have done stuff so far it leaves room for classes to be added in future expansions because the combat styles/loadouts changes and additions. They talked its more a QoL expansion than anything with some story in it. But getting things set up right adding some things to make that experience better and stuff will go a long ways. Not saying they will add new classes but not being back into a corner where not only did they have to do 1 class if they added new classes but they would have had to a total 4 (because of advanced class) each time they did so because of how the game was made. This actually gives them the ability where they can just add 1 class because of LotS changes to the system since no longer they would have worry about doing extra voice actors/new class original storylines for lvling purposes they can just tie them into a category and players can choose to play them as they go.

I honestly really do not care as much if the storyline is short right out of the gates if they are going to actually release content more throughout the life of LotS. This expansion is all about the features and that's what people need to remember when looking at does this expansion improve the QoL of players so far things address in it has been asked for yrs just not in this compacity so wishlists should actually reflect QoL features.

They said on the livestream with emphasis that although there will be visual and technical upgrades, this does not mean they will change the engine.

I know there are a lot of things being asked here that would fit in the realm of wishful thinking but I guess your wish is beyond wishful thinking even. ;)

They actually said in the livestream that there will not be a new engine for Swtor. but still will have improvements on visuals and other things. Honestly just need something to make it run a little more smoother because if they totally redid the graphics they would be outdated in 2-3 yrs and they would actually end up looking at lot worse than the game does does now. Imagine all the games that went for top graphics upon release that actually look like crap now from a MMO standpoint. FFXI, GW2 (watered down so much from what it was upon release it looks more like GW than the initial graphics of GW2), ESO (to an extent looks pretty bad compared to upon release). Then compare games that go for more graphics like swtor which include WoW and Dcuo while not practical there graphics actually in a manner of speaking look better than outdated modernized graphics from from that sort of standpoint. Not saying Swtor is perfect far from that I am saying the graphics actually are better off than they could be.

They actually said in the livestream that there will not be a new engine for Swtor. but still will have improvements on visuals and other things. Honestly just need something to make it run a little more smoother because if they totally redid the graphics they would be outdated in 2-3 yrs and they would actually end up looking at lot worse than the game does does now. Imagine all the games that went for top graphics upon release that actually look like crap now from a MMO standpoint. FFXI, GW2 (watered down so much from what it was upon release it looks more like GW than the initial graphics of GW2), ESO (to an extent looks pretty bad compared to upon release). Then compare games that go for more graphics like swtor which include WoW and Dcuo while not practical there graphics actually in a manner of speaking look better than outdated modernized graphics from from that sort of standpoint. Not saying Swtor is perfect far from that I am saying the graphics actually are better off than they could be.

Yeah that's what I meant to say, I just put it down unclearly. It's funny that you mention GW2 because there's a thread on the forums because "Yay GW2 is getting a new engine". They thought that because they're getting DX11 this meant that the game got a new engine entirely lol.

However, I don't recognize what you say about GW2 graphics having been watered down. I've played it on and off since start and I haven't seen that. To me it's still about the same, certainly not watered down.