Galactic Season does not spark joy

eabevella

Me too. Taris Heroics with a stealth toon is easy.

I don't like Ziost. The heroics are long and the planet is creepy (great atmosphere on the art department but it's a very depressing place to stay long).

I use my lvl 75 sage and lvl 50 comp on tank to do knightfall, mutations and one other with the mandos (can’t remember the name). Takes about 10 mins by myself and 6-7 mins with my wife.

Ziost is a pain. I’ve never liked it partly because the weekly requires you do an operation. And to pick up the dailies, they are spread all over the map. I couldn’t find them all the first day and had to use a website to find where to pick them up cause it’s not intuitive, which nearly lead me to not completing them in time cause I got home late to in the day.

Once you know where they are it’s easy (after having them 3 days in a row). But I still dislike them and having them 3 days in a row is a symptom of why GS is broken and boring AF.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my lvl 75 sage and lvl 50 comp on tank to do knightfall, mutations and one other with the mandos (can’t remember the name). Takes about 10 mins by myself and 6-7 mins with my wife.

Ziost is a pain. I’ve never liked it partly because the weekly requires you do an operation. And to pick up the dailies, they are spread all over the map. I couldn’t find them all the first day and had to use a website to find where to pick them up cause it’s not intuitive, which nearly lead me to not completing them in time cause I got home late to in the day.

Once you know where they are it’s easy (after having them 3 days in a row). But I still dislike them and having them 3 days in a row is a symptom of why GS is broken and boring AF.

I have never had to do the operation as part of the weekly. It's its own weekly. (Which I skip, because no thank you.)

We need to stop pretending GS's deficiencies aren't intended, which they clearly are, and meant to drive microtransactions.

The real story is how every monetized system devalues our subscriptions. It's a dangerous road for EA/BW to walk, but with every move, they're confidently communicating a profoundly low opinion of us.

While I totally agree with you. EA are making more money in their F2P games with high monetisation. And Bungie (a non EA developer) have just announced they are going to be switching their future game development to focus on free to play with microtransactions as their revenue.

With the whole loot box fiasco the last 3-4 years, governments world wide are clued in on the gambling mechanics game developers have been using to get some people hooked. Some countries already have legislation in place or being developed to restrict or regulate loot boxes.

At the moment the industry world wide (and lead by EA, the creator of modern loot boxes) is running delaying tactics and employing the same propaganda companies that the tabacco and now the oil companies use to disguise unscrupulous behaviour.

So its logical to think EA and others can see the writing on the wall with loot boxes and have been looking at ways to not lose revenue and actually milk players for more. It’s now obvious the strategy is switching to microtransactions in everything you play, from F2P mobile games to AAA subscriber titles. The future will sadly be microtransactions onto of your microtransactions on top of your subscription.

I have never had to do the operation as part of the weekly. It's its own weekly. (Which I skip, because no thank you.)

Yeah, I realise that too. But I could never find one of the dailies and thought the operation was the only way you could complete it (I now know differently). But because of that I’ve hated Ziost every since it was introduced and skip it in the story when ever I lvl new Alts. I just dislike the whole lot, so being forced to go there for GS is off putting. And to then get it 3 days in a row is terrible.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'll swap ya either one for the GSF "stuff" I get almost on a "daily" basis ( every week some form of it too )

[/green face throw up simley ]

Im on record over the years as hating GSF and I still do. But it’s quick and you don’t have to win to get the one daily match requirement. I can actually kill other players now if I pick to right ship. My best is 3 kills in a game, lol. But I’m still totally rubbish. At least it’s over faster than any other one of the dailies.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just did all but the drag the droid that constantly energy around ziost dailiest on 1 character than redid the binoculars one on a second character.. You don't have to do 4 quests on 1 character. You could do the easiest one 4 times once each on 4 characters. Edited by RameiArashi

I just did all but the drag the droid that constantly energy around ziost dailiest on 1 character than redid the binoculars one on a second character.. You don't have to do 4 quests on 1 character. You could do the easiest one 4 times once each on 4 characters.

Requires swapping gear as mine all share sets and left side/tacticals.

And while doing so isn’t hard, it’s a pain in the arse just to do this daily like you suggest. Where as I don’t even need to leave my stronghold or put gear on to do one GSF.

If they are going to give us mind numbing tasks or the same ones every day, the least amount of annoyance will always be my preference.

At least with heroics or kill counts, you can still get Conquest done at the same time. Ziost dailies is a waste of time and space. Not to mention depressing and uninspired.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, I realise that too. But I could never find one of the dailies and thought the operation was the only way you could complete it (I now know differently). But because of that I’ve hated Ziost every since it was introduced and skip it in the story when ever I lvl new Alts. I just dislike the whole lot, so being forced to go there for GS is off putting. And to then get it 3 days in a row is terrible.

There are three missions to be picked up in the landing zone and two in the wild. The first, closest to the landing zone, is Dead Pulse located here. This one has you riding a slow speeder and launching GSI probes. The second is Eyes into the Past located here, near where the speeder track ends for Dead Pulse. This one has you leading a GSI droid around and scanning various locations.

Here is the full guide on Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/04/swtor-ziost-daily-missions-and-achievements-guide/

There are three missions to be picked up in the landing zone and two in the wild. The first, closest to the landing zone, is Dead Pulse located here. This one has you riding a slow speeder and launching GSI probes. The second is Eyes into the Past located here, near where the speeder track ends for Dead Pulse. This one has you leading a GSI droid around and scanning various locations.

Here is the full guide on Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/04/swtor-ziost-daily-missions-and-achievements-guide/

Yeah, I know that now. But the first day I got it this week I couldn’t find the other 2 and I literally finished the daily with less than 20secs to go on the reset. I’m a master of it now having it 3 days in a row. Doesn’t mean I like it any better cause it’s boring, slow and has minimal contribution to conquest.

Edit: didn’t mean to come across snarky. I know your just trying to help. Galactic seasons is just rubbing me the wrong way and honestly, I think I’m going to do what many others have mentioned, not going to bother doing it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

For some reason, I always lost my way doing Knightfall I'm that bad at direction, which is why I can never tank lol

Ziost is a nope to me but at least it's better than Starfighter.

BW pushes Operations and Starfighter and PvP but all I see in the fleet chat are still "LFG dps TC" "LFM 1DwT, 1H, TC"

tctctctctc......

Doesn’t mean I like it any better cause it’s boring, slow and has minimal contribution to conquest.

When the planet is not busy due to GS I love it. It takes me ~10 mins to complete the dailies, and then a quick heroic on another planet is often enough to complete Conquest.

Edit: didn’t mean to come across snarky. I know your just trying to help. Galactic seasons is just rubbing me the wrong way and honestly, I think I’m going to do what many others have mentioned, not going to bother doing it.

No worries. Stress has gotten the better of me at times, as well. One thing I have tried to stress, :D, to people is how forgiving the system is. It is not necessary to do everything every day. If you are sick to death of Ziost after getting it a fourth day in a row then skip it. I skipped doing insectoids on Voss a couple times because that was just poorly thought out (there are not nearly enough shawclaw and the respawn time is too long to support so many people hunting them). The points are there in abundance. Doing all objectives will get you there (to 100) faster, but it will not get you anything more than someone who took a little longer to get there. I do not do OPs, FPs in groups, or PVP, and I accept that means it will take me longer to get to 100. On the other hand, GS has pushed me to try GSF again and I have finally found a way to do it that I can enjoy, and I am actually contributing to my team.

The point is do not stress about it. Go with the flow. Do not do what I have been trying to do, which is complete the season on three servers on two accounts, whilst also doing Conquest on both accounts on my main server and running a few characters through story. I think I am going to let Conquest alone for a bit.

When the planet is not busy due to GS I love it. It takes me ~10 mins to complete the dailies, and then a quick heroic on another planet is often enough to complete Conquest.

No worries. Stress has gotten the better of me at times, as well. One thing I have tried to stress, :D, to people is how forgiving the system is. It is not necessary to do everything every day. If you are sick to death of Ziost after getting it a fourth day in a row then skip it. I skipped doing insectoids on Voss a couple times because that was just poorly thought out (there are not nearly enough shawclaw and the respawn time is too long to support so many people hunting them). The points are there in abundance. Doing all objectives will get you there (to 100) faster, but it will not get you anything more than someone who took a little longer to get there. I do not do OPs, FPs in groups, or PVP, and I accept that means it will take me longer to get to 100. On the other hand, GS has pushed me to try GSF again and I have finally found a way to do it that I can enjoy, and I am actually contributing to my team.

The point is do not stress about it. Go with the flow. Do not do what I have been trying to do, which is complete the season on three servers on two accounts, whilst also doing Conquest on both accounts on my main server and running a few characters through story. I think I am going to let Conquest alone for a bit.

My concern is my wife and I have some commitments coming up over the next few months that will prevent us playing the full 5 months and I’m already 3 weeklies and 3 dailies behind because of the bugs in the system and rolling operations (which I don’t do).

My wife is more stressed than me cause she wants to complete all of it for rewards and she is 2 weeklies and 4 dailies behind already due to the same reasons as me. I’m not so stressed about the rewards, just stressed cause she’s stressed.

If we didn’t have to pay and extra $40AUS each month for WTFast because they moved the servers to the east coast, we’d have the extra disposable cash to buy some cartel coins to advance us. And if they had not canceled the referral system when GS started, I’d probably have a few extra thousand CCs to spend too.

I’m assuming the credit system they will implement will be expensive. And while I have a heap of credits, I’ve only got those cause I don’t waste them unnecessarily. I’d much prefer to not have to pay CC or credits because the system is “free” and “should” work “if” it is “bug free”, which sadly, it’s still not.

My cynical side is whispering the slow bug fixes and clumsy reroll system are on purpose to “encourage” us to spend CCs or prep us for a massive credit sink. But Bioware would never do something so sneaky, would they?

My concern is my wife and I have some commitments coming up over the next few months that will prevent us playing the full 5 months and I’m already 3 weeklies and 3 dailies behind because of the bugs in the system and rolling operations (which I don’t do).

My wife is more stressed than me cause she wants to complete all of it for rewards and she is 2 weeklies and 4 dailies behind already due to the same reasons as me. I’m not so stressed about the rewards, just stressed cause she’s stressed.

I understand, but remember that the season is supposed to last for 5 months. There has been some debate as to whether that means 20 or 21 weeks. I lean toward 21 weeks as 5 months from the first day of the season is exactly 21 weeks and ends on a Monday.

If you completely ignore all weeklies but do all dailies (I know you have missed a few) you would end up with 1050 points (1000, if 20 weeks long), 250 (200) points over what is needed for level 100. That translates into over 80 (>65) dailies that you can skip and still get to 100 without even touching weeklies. You are doing some weeklies, which give 12 points each, or the equivalent of four dailies. So each weekly completed means four dailies that can be skipped and still get to 100.

I understand, but remember that the season is supposed to last for 5 months. There has been some debate as to whether that means 20 or 21 weeks. I lean toward 21 weeks as 5 months from the first day of the season is exactly 21 weeks and ends on a Monday.

If you completely ignore all weeklies but do all dailies (I know you have missed a few) you would end up with 1050 points (1000, if 20 weeks long), 250 (200) points over what is needed for level 100. That translates into over 80 (>65) dailies that you can skip and still get to 100 without even touching weeklies. You are doing some weeklies, which give 12 points each, or the equivalent of four dailies. So each weekly completed means four dailies that can be skipped and still get to 100.

Yeah, but we will be missing a chunk of time here and there that can’t be avoided. Ie, won’t be home for weeks.

I was hoping to put enough of a buffer in that all concerns would be irrelevant.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You actually get pretty good CQ points doing GS. I do the "kill 75" missions with heroics on a few characters and typically get almost 2 CQ done doing that (obviously with stronghold bonus) - those 10 heroic CQ goals help too.

I have one toon for pvp and she gets her CQ done easily just doing the PvP objectives in a week. The weekly GS typically gets me my CQ points for my GS toon too. Obviously the veteran FP weekly would get it done for another as well but that one I just can't... left the last group after dying 3 times before the first boss and I don't think I can deal with that again.

I just wish I could skip the op/veteran missions completely and do something else...

I just wish I could skip the op/veteran missions completely and do something else...

This is what a lot would like, to be able to choose what they like to do. Some hate PVP (and by extension GSF), operations, etc. They would like to be able to choose something they like to do instead.

You actually get pretty good CQ points doing GS. I do the "kill 75" missions with heroics on a few characters and typically get almost 2 CQ done doing that (obviously with stronghold bonus) - those 10 heroic CQ goals help too.

Except Ziost, there are no kill counts or anything to add extra to conquest. Unlike other planets, Ziost is literally dead.

[/snip]

This is what a lot would like, to be able to choose what they like to do. Some hate PVP (and by extension GSF), operations, etc. They would like to be able to choose something they like to do instead.

I'm guessing that there are a number of folks that would agree !!

Yeah, but we will be missing a chunk of time here and there that can’t be avoided. Ie, won’t be home for weeks.

I was hoping to put enough of a buffer in that all concerns would be irrelevant.

Yeah, the season is fairly forgiving, but not enough to miss a few weeks. You mentioned buying Coins but remember that throughout the season you will get 4000 Coins. If you can get into the 60's you should be able to unlock the rest of the season with the free Coins.

Yeah, the season is fairly forgiving, but not enough to miss a few weeks. You mentioned buying Coins but remember that throughout the season you will get 4000 Coins. If you can get into the 60's you should be able to unlock the rest of the season with the free Coins.

I guess we’ll see. I normally keep all my CCs to open up things in my collections and buy what ever cartel market items directly from the GTN. Space Barbies has become my addiction since the game’s become stale and pvp enjoyment was degraded.

With the removal of the referral system, any extra CCs obtained (in any manner) will become more valuable to me and I’ll not want to waste them on anything not directly linked to opening collections. Which probably means I’ll be losing a large chunk of my credits to pay to catch up for both myself and my wife (being credit rich is the real end game now).

I really hope the credit amounts that have been discussed on the forums won’t be as high. But I’ve a sneaking suspicious they’ll be that high or higher. So we’re trying to get as much free GS points as possible to reduce the overall cost (Space Barbies is expensive work ;))

I guess we’ll see. I normally keep all my CCs to open up things in my collections and buy what ever cartel market items directly from the GTN. Space Barbies has become my addiction since the game’s become stale and pvp enjoyment was degraded.

With the removal of the referral system, any extra CCs obtained (in any manner) will become more valuable to me and I’ll not want to waste them on anything not directly linked to opening collections. Which probably means I’ll be losing a large chunk of my credits to pay to catch up for both myself and my wife (being credit rich is the real end game now).

I really hope the credit amounts that have been discussed on the forums won’t be as high. But I’ve a sneaking suspicious they’ll be that high or higher. So we’re trying to get as much free GS points as possible to reduce the overall cost (Space Barbies is expensive work ;))

Space Barbies is a pathway to many outfits some consider to be unnatural lol

I also use my CCs for unlocking the collections. One good thing about the GS is the free CCs for subscribers. More CCs=More clothes for everyone.

Normally, I would be in the same situation, but during this last unlock sale I only had a handful of things to unlock. I only have about 55% of outfits unlocked, but I am getting to the point where I have everything that I want. There are only a few more outfits that I would like to have. I have all of the weapons that I want. I am only missing two titles and five emotes. I have the flairs and tunings I want. I am getting to a point where there is very little else for me to add to my Collections that I will need to unlock. I ended up selling a lot more than I kept out of the last three hypercrates I bought, so I have stopped purchasing those. I am working my way through GS on three servers, and if I get to 100 on all three that will add 12k CC's to my total. At this point I am just waiting for the last few armour sets I want to come up for direct sale. After that decorations will likely be the only things I buy unless BW adds something I really want. The problem is that most of the stuff they have released recently, although nice, does not interest me.

Hint, BW: add some new Jedi themed robes. You know, like the movie style without the outer robe. Some more tunic style robes. A version of Revered Master with the outer robe removed. Even some of the tunic styles in concept art that never made it into the game. There are a wealth of outfits themed for all of the other classes but not that many Jedi themed robes, and some that exist are hampered by a hood or a cape.

Edited by ceryxp

Most of it seems to be random group / PvP / SF /Ops stuff than I'm not interested in.

When I do get something PvE it's usually something 100 other people are doing so it takes hours to complete.

Yeah, so fun?

Not really....