Galactic Season does not spark joy

eabevella

Most of it seems to be random group / PvP / SF /Ops stuff than I'm not interested in.

When I do get something PvE it's usually something 100 other people are doing so it takes hours to complete.

Yeah, so fun?

Not really....

Unfun by design. It's why there're cash-out buttons all over the GS window.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of it seems to be random group / PvP / SF /Ops stuff than I'm not interested in.

When I do get something PvE it's usually something 100 other people are doing so it takes hours to complete.

Yeah, so fun?

Not really....

Yeah the only non aggravating way to do it for me is to do heroics to get the type of mobs I need. But it can still be super frustrating - Yavin 4 has been awful, and doing those dailies was already frustrating at times BEFORE GS.

Yeah the only non aggravating way to do it for me is to do heroics to get the type of mobs I need. But it can still be super frustrating - Yavin 4 has been awful, and doing those dailies was already frustrating at times BEFORE GS.

I normally do the weeklies on Yavin 4 and rarely have too much trouble but I noticed since the GS it has become problemic, especially a specific daily.

Galactic Seasons is a great new addition. I do some of the activities, most of which I normally enjoy as part of conquest and playing the game anyways, and I get some new stuffs. Great ! WTG Devs.

Yeah if you do that content then great.

For those that don't it isn't so good.

Different views I guess.

I normally do the weeklies on Yavin 4 and rarely have too much trouble but I noticed since the GS it has become problemic, especially a specific daily.

Killing 10 lurkers when there's exactly 13 lurkers on that corner of the map so if someone beats me to it, it's detour and more minutes wasted XP

Fortunately there are many dailies on Yavin 4.

as has been noted in another thread, the OW H2s are a bit of a disaster thanks to GS (it seems most ppl are happy to roll those POs).

I personally don't like the idea of thrusting ppl into team content that they don't want to be in and their performance harms that of their teammates. but I'm not terribly concerned about it b/c it doesn't really affect me (I don't GSF and WZs are a crapshoot anyway). the H2s does affect me though. and I try to avoid GS planets whenever possible.

Edited by CheesyEZ

They need to remove operations because unless you are in a operations guild you wont find people willing to teach those with no experience, pugs expect everyone to have max armor and experience without having done the operations to get the armor drops. I don't need to be yelled at by someone half my age with no patience.

Now excuse me I have to go change the weekly so I can be stuck with Starfighter, which A) is very slow in groupfinder and B) takes too long when you do get a group. And C) doesn' let me send companions on missions between deaths like in PVP which I find equally annoying.

• 3 months later...
am working my way through GS on three servers, and if I get to 100 on all three that will add 12k CC's to my total.
did you manage to get level 100 on all three servers?

There's 24 days left. and I'm plotting doing daily POs and weekly POs on Satele Shan and Darth Malgus for the remaining days. It will put me close to level 33 or 34 depending on how Bioware cuts off the last day. I'm looking at gaining a possible additional 1,600 cartel coins by completing this feet in time. (if I reach level 34)

During the galactic season I focused on only completing level 100 on my server, Star Forge. And then taking a two month+ break in between galactic seasons. Which I completed without credit skip or cartel coin skip. I completed it two days later than the first possible chance to complete level 100. I failed to complete daily POs twice and it delayed me by two days.

Why the sudden uptick in attempting late galactic season crunch? Because I underestimated how useful it is to unlock preorder bonus companions in collections for the entire account. I have Shae Vizla, Master Ranos, Niko Okarr, Paxton Rall in my mailbox but I don't have it unlocked in collections. So following your example, I may expand my gameplay across three servers next season to unlock every preorder bonus companion in collections window for the account. That way I don't have to check my mailbox on new toons.

Edited by Falensawino

They need to remove operations because unless you are in a operations guild you wont find people willing to teach those with no experience, pugs expect everyone to have max armor and experience without having done the operations to get the armor drops. I don't need to be yelled at by someone half my age with no patience.

Now excuse me I have to go change the weekly so I can be stuck with Starfighter, which A) is very slow in groupfinder and B) takes too long when you do get a group. And C) doesn' let me send companions on missions between deaths like in PVP which I find equally annoying.

I have bad news. I'm playing the PTS and it seems Bioware is planning on getting rid of the TWO daily POs standard and adding 2 additional Weekly POs per week. Total of FOUR Weekly POs per week and only one daily PO per day. Which would almost guarantee Weekly Operations PO gets drawn each week. This makes me very unhappy, I don't operations at all with exception of Toborro's Courtyard. Edited by Falensawino

did you manage to get level 100 on all three servers?

On my main account I made it to level 100 on three servers (SF, SS, & DM) and am level 24 on the other two. On my alt account I made it to level 100 on two servers (SF & SS), level 95 on DM, and level 24 on the other two.

I had surgery last week and have not been able to play at all other than just logging in and out across the servers. When I do my server shuffle today I will gain a level on each of the remaining servers. If I just do the server shuffle then I will get to level 28 on both accounts on both servers (Lev & TH), which is a CC level, and to 99 on my alt account on DM, but if I can bring myself to play a bit I just need to do three daily PO's to put me over the cap.

On SF and SS I did play GSF matches, which is why I completed those seasons well in advance. Due to ping times I only did a few GSF matches on DM. The only reason I am behind on my alt account on DM is because I was working with a new character. If I had not had to make a new character, or had another Commander's Character Token, it would have been a lot easier and my alt account would likely have remained abreast of my main account. If my surgery had been a week later (my choices were Thursday last or yesterday) then I would be done now on my alt account on DM.

The important thing to note is that I completed the season, essentially twice, without needing to do any group oriented PO's, which makes all of those complaints from people about how BW was forcing people to do things they did not want to due... Well, you can fill in the blank.

11 Sept -- Edit: I competed the season on DM on my alt account yesterday when I logged in and received the week's login points. So that is two accounts on three servers to level 100, and two accounts on two servers to level 28 (by the end of the season, still need two weeks of login points).

I have bad news. I'm playing the PTS and it seems Bioware is planning on getting rid of the TWO daily POs standard and adding 2 additional Weekly POs per week. Total of FOUR Weekly POs per week and only one daily PO per day. Which would almost guarantee Weekly Operations PO gets drawn each week. This makes me very unhappy, I don't operations at all with exception of Toborro's Courtyard.

That is not correct. Next season there will be 10 weekly PO's and 1 daily PO. Everyone will get the same PO's each week, there will be no rerolling, and the PO's will be a mix of content that is essentially 6 solo PO's, 3 group oriented PO's, and one requires a current sub PO (which might be doable by some former subs). This is outlined in their second season 2 discussion post.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9966924#edit9966924

Edited by ceryxp