Galactic Seasons + PvP = A Bad Combo

TheRealKingCrazy

NOBODY can force ME to do PvP... Period.

That is the reason why I currently have only 24 Galactic Seasons points since the start. That and I have a life and can not play 7 days a week, 30 days a month, 52 weeks or 365 days a year. If I am lucky I get 2 to 4 days but usually more like only 2 to 3 days a week to play or even to "just" log in.

It's not about Forcing PvP it's about Choice... Or the Lack Of Choice given to Players by BW.

Galactic Seasons is just another useless attempt by BW to get people to PvP....

Chris Give it up already.

PVEers do not like nor will we ever participate in PvP. Stop trying to force it down our throats. We Won't Byte.

PvP = Pr*ck vcs Punk.... the only hard part is figuring out which one is the Punk.

Galactic Seasons .... Just More Useless CRAP from BW.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people want something for nothing.

Games are not about you getting everything you want for nothing - they are about offering you everything and you choosing if you do them or not. The Galactic Seasons are a prime example of the fact you get to choose to participate, or not. But the complaints are from people who want free stuff to do nothing.

As for the pvp issue, I do think it's a shame GSF/Unranked are not a single GS entry, so people can re-roll it to get a non-pvp option, but that's not been given as an option so whining on the forums that the world is ending is very unconstructive. Try offering them an alternative and stating you'd be fine if you could re-roll the pvp away and guarantee not to get more pvp. I am personally lucky that I only need to re-roll GSF (as I have done every single time) and accept whatever else comes, including the motivation to grind my valor rank towards that elusive 100 goal.

But, again, if ten people on the forum agree with you there are thousands who have no intent to do so that don't post here. Don't mistakenly believe that forum = quorum, it does not and never will.

Games are not about you getting everything you want for nothing - they are about offering you everything and you choosing if you do them or not. The Galactic Seasons are a prime example of the fact you get to choose to participate, or not. But the complaints are from people who want free stuff to do nothing.

As for the pvp issue, I do think it's a shame GSF/Unranked are not a single GS entry, so people can re-roll it to get a non-pvp option, but that's not been given as an option so whining on the forums that the world is ending is very unconstructive. Try offering them an alternative and stating you'd be fine if you could re-roll the pvp away and guarantee not to get more pvp. I am personally lucky that I only need to re-roll GSF (as I have done every single time) and accept whatever else comes, including the motivation to grind my valor rank towards that elusive 100 goal.

But, again, if ten people on the forum agree with you there are thousands who have no intent to do so that don't post here. Don't mistakenly believe that forum = quorum, it does not and never will.

They were told this on the PTS and they ignored the suggestions once again. This is typical BW behavior and that is why people are upset with them. They don't expect something for nothing, but they do expect being able to do something they like to do. There are people who hate Operations, PVP, GSF, etc and nothing will get them to do things they hate and this has become a history of BW trying to get people to do things that they don't like. If it was their first time trying this, I doubt people would be as angry as they are but this is a repeat history with BW

I don't want anything for nothing.

I just don't want content gated behind play styles I don't enjoy and people won't want me to play.

GSF and Ops. group finder veteran Fps.

Not interested, never will be...

Want me on your team if I don't care.

Doubt it.

You don't want me and I don't want to be there.

Any winners there?

I don't want anything for nothing.

I just don't want content gated behind play styles I don't enjoy and people won't want me to play.

GSF and Ops. group finder veteran Fps.

Want me on your team if I don't care.

Doubt it.

You don't want me and I don't want to be there.

Any winners there?

of course, there are winners, lets hope people can look at the actual bigger picture and see why battle passes and seasonal events are a common occurrence, it boosts numbers, encourages replayability of already released content and gives players rewards in different forms. there is plenty of content in this game, prior to the release of galactic seasons, that was gated, acting like its a new thing seems a bit strange, ranked pvp rewards, monthly event with reputations, holiday and summer events, operation rewards

honestly, the sooner people accept that there will be rewards they won't be able to gain, regardless if they come from ranked pvp, nightmare pve, events or even galactic seasons, the better, cause that's reality. perhaps if the obsession over rewards is too much there are other categories of games, mostly single-player stuff which doesn't really have anything like this. but in online game with a multiplayer component, this is a commonplace

personally, I can't really understand your point of view, I don't particularly like GSF, nor do I enjoy veteran flashpoints or several of the daily areas that I have already got legendary reputation with, so I just skip those objectives, if that means I lose out on an armor set i wouldn't have used anyway, some decorations, a bunch of pets or similar that's fine. I rather play content i enjoy, i hope others can start doing the same

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Yeah exactly. . People basically want to get everything they want from doing whatver they wish. Since when have games, digital or otherwise worked this way? You jump through some pretty arbirtary, seemingly annoying hoopps, get rewarded for it. When you get rewarded for it, effort required+reward acquired makes you feel good. That's some very basic mammals at play 101 stuff, lol.

If you turn GS into another legacy xp bar(do whatever you like and get points from it) , then you've basically just turned a pretty interesting new game mechanic into nothing besides a reward vendor giving you more stuff for doing what you would anyway.

GS isn't what I hoped it'd be. When I heard " Galactic Seasons" I thought about Diablo's seasons, dedicated "seasonal server" with some real wild &everchanging rulesets etc. Having said that, GS is pretty great as it is.

Maybe BW could add a "reroll a daily" token to be handed out at end of login calendar's weekly cycle and a "reroll weekly" token to be handed out at end of monthly cycle. Maybe next season has bit more GSF and WZ weeklies, we currently have only one of each. Could be nice to have some soloable weekly in the mix. Stuff like KOTFE arena might work alright for that.

Terrible thing happened to me yesterday. I got " do a pile of heroics" weekly and I decided I'd reroll it. I wanted GSF or WZs. Guess what?! I got Ops weekly instead!! I'd just skip it and not think twice about it..But based on what I've read on these forums, it isn't that simple at all. Based on what I've read on these forums, Bioware will now be " forcing me" to do this. How does it work in practice? Do they send people over or something?

They were told this on the PTS and they ignored the suggestions once again. This is typical BW behavior

I can only hope you are right. I mean..uconstructive and damaging suggesions should be ignored. This game would be in terrible state if they listened every suggestion people at PTS forums are making. Many folks present and vocal on test center care nothing about game, game balance etc. They just want a faster access to bigger pile of stuff.

Some of the things next week=bad game design. Lots of the things this week=mediocre game design. All of the stuff right now! =excellent game design! That¨s 75% of """"constructive"""" PTS criticism for you, lol.

Things people think they want are often things that makes game more boring for them. Most all of us are sometimes like that. It sounds arrogant and is undeniable; There are lots of professional game testers and devs overseeing said testers who've spoken at length about the..dififculty in this. Surface layer short term "wants!" of a player can make stuff very boring in long term. It isn't an issue for devs working on some simple quick fun 5 hour single player shooter. It is an issue if we talking about a 10 year old MMO hopefully aiming for another 10 years.

Edited by Stradlin

i don't want anything for nothing.

I just don't want content gated behind play styles i don't enjoy and people won't want me to play.

Gsf and ops. Group finder veteran fps.

Want me on your team if i don't care.

Doubt it.

You don't want me and i don't want to be there.

Any winners there?

exactly.

While I havent done Galactic Seasons PVP weekly mission, I agree with you. Non-pvpers shouldnt forced to do pvp missions for solo/pve-focused rewards and pvpers shouldnt be forced to doing pve/ops for pvp rewards.

The solution should be that weekly Galactic Seasons missions get double points but you can only complete one of two weekly Galactic Seasons missions (pve or pvp).

Nobody is "forced" to do any part of GS.

It's psychology, put a carrot on a stick and you are "forced" to get that carrot. You're not going to simply ignore the carrot. It's on a stick, you have to get that carrot.

Bioware put rewards for galactic seasons, you have to get that carrot. It is being forced.

_ _ _

Surely at this point the devs can accept requiring people to do content they don't like to get the new shiny (no matter how actually pointless that shiny turns out to be) doesn't make anyone happy.

Good thing nobody is "forced" or " required" to do anything then!

Content such as "kill 75 mobs or "[do a pile of heroics]" is fairly boring or irrelevant to me, so I sometimes just skip it. So what is the terrible thing that happens to me now? BW gonna come to my house and make sure I do my daily GS or what?People keep saying "required" or " forced" so surely it has got to be something like this?

Papa EA knocked on Bioware Austin HQ and told everyone down the line that SWTOR needs more carrot on a stick mechanics to incentivize more player monetization. Bioware was forced to do something, so now Bioware is forcing players to do something for something in return. Papa EA came knocking down and he wasn't happy.

Papa EA came to Bioware's house and made Bioware do their daily financial GS

_ _ _

We used to get free stuff just for being subscribed at a certain preorder period for new content. The new battle pass monetization drive is something new. "A surprise to be sure but an unwelcome one."

Most of the galactic seasons calendar rewards are garbage, but there are cartel coins thrown in there and new hyped currency, Galactic Season Tokens, that people don't want to be short of when/if good rewards finally get added to the seasons vendors. There is a Fear of Missing Out. Monetizing FOMO

from another thread:

Thread: Both weekly PO’s are operations

They know - which makes what they are doing with season all the more damning.

They are preying on player FOMO, and not only that, trying to monetize that FOMO.

As I said in another thread, the big question is whether this pays off for Bioware in the medium to long term.

I have one foot out the door and will not be supporting season with money in any way, but I could be an outlier.

For all I know, most players may be willing to just hand Bioware their cash and / or keep paying for the privilege of doing whatever Bioware decides to stick in the objecitves.

Edited by Falensawino

Nobody is "forced" to do any part of GS.

You are right, noone stand behind anybody with a pistol.

When someone doesn't like a spicial task, let it be - there are enough other tasks in 5 months to complete the season.

I don't understand "they forced me" its your own decision to play or not to play.

You are right, noone stand behind anybody with a pistol.

When someone doesn't like a spicial task, let it be - there are enough other tasks in 5 months to complete the season.

I don't understand "they forced me" its your own decision to play or not to play.

Based on my own behaviour/experiences yesterday, I claims the " THEY FORCED ME!!"- narrative often has a fun additional curve ball to it!

This is what happened to me: I got "do 3 x FPs"-weekly. I figured naah no ty, I'd rather reroll and see if I can get a pvp objective. I reroll and what do ya know, I actually get the Ops-weekly. So basically I gambled, lost and then head to forums being all " Damn you BW for FORCING ME TO DO OPS" :D

I been checking over my shoulder IRL the whole day now. I can only assume that BW "forcing"" ppl to do their POs likely means they'll send ppl over who physically force me to complete my OPs PO or something. It sounds pretty rough tbh! I wonder if its BW people or some corporate EA MiB type of a deal.

Edited by Stradlin

There is so very little content added to the game, so that any addition can feel like must do.

It's not like there has been 30 hours of story and new zones added. There was a flashpoint that not much seemed to happen in story wise, almost as if the flashpoint was decided and someone was told come up with a story round it, but you can't advance the story so have them hunt someone who isn't there. Yeah make it pointless!

Obviously the joke is that Galactic Seasons doesn't add any new content whilst the rewards are probably of less worth than not subscribing for 5 months and buying a companion or armour set from the Cartel Market with the money. But if you don't engage in it and you don't opt to find something else to do whilst waiting on new content you enjoy (be it Story, or PvP or Operations) it can feel like that there is nothing new for the next 5 months.

I know its crazy, I know everything people were doing before Galactic Season is still there and only a month older, if you have been happy playing 9 years and 5 month old content, what is wrong 9 years and 6 months old content. And it turns out even with Galactic Seasons you will still be playing that 9 years and 6 month old content. But maybe people were hoping Galactic Seasons was going to offer something new and when it offered PvP and GSF content neither new nor enjoyable for them they started think Galactic Seasons + PvP = A Bad Combo. When what they should have been saying is Rehashing the same old content for the 5th year in a row instead of offering new content = Bad.

There is so very little content added to the game, so that any addition can feel like must do.

It's not like there has been 30 hours of story and new zones added.

Indeed. It is what it is. I assume they'd be happy to add more content faster if they could.

Some of the rather..modest speed is explained with how incredibly impractical it is to do full VA. Think of it.." Player Character" is 16 different people.(!)... and that's for English version of the game alone. Throw in French and German localizations and having PlayerChar say "W..what do you mean, step-sith?" takes recording 48 different people. I'd imagine it is incredibly expensive and inpractical. System like GS is a pretty good way to deal with inevitable massive content droughts. They'd really like to have more people enjoy stuff that comes with endless longevity and high tolerance for repetition. (GSF,PvP, multiplayer content in general ig)

Edited by Stradlin

Why was this created, to draw people into new activities in game, keep them on longer and coming back more often. Believe we all agree on that. Not one item reward will improve your character stats as it is all fluff except the cartel coins perhaps. Positive impact that is what it is all about. However a great many people here and in game are stating it is just the opposite, it is creating a negative impact. That should be a cause of concern on some level for BW.

People here say "Don't do it" or "No one is holding a gun to your head" and other similar comments which is true. But that does not remove the ill feeling created by the new system and again that should concern BW.

While you may not want or care for many of the fluff items there are an equal amount of people who do, who do not want to spend real money or in the future millions of credits they don't have. So they grind out what they do not enjoy and more often than not do it badly thus upsetting those who do enjoy whatever the event was. Again this should be a concern for BW.

No solution or system will please everyone we all know that but over and over the vast majority who want change want a very simple option. Instead of one click to change randomly make sure it shifts from pve to pvp always the opposite. Or add two more clicks. Nothing extreme just allow a track to the rewards that does not steer you into things not wanted. Some will still complain of course but the VAST majority will not and that is what BW should always be shooting for.

Edited by Cindron

The way Galactic Seasons encourages certain type of content in what is taken to be a means to get people to try other types of content doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.

I was involved in some PUG Flashpoints (lucky roll of the weekly) and the way some players treat people that are new is disgraceful all because that experienced player wanted to get through as quick as possible. As much as possible has to be skipped, people make mistakes and they are called *******, no explanations, no cut scenes. Hell most people seem to think using an out of combat heal mechanic is wasteful. There is no way that is encouraging anyone to want to give it another go. I'm no saint, I do the /greet at the start get ignored then do my best to hug the speed runners for fear ill be voted out for trying to explain some mechanic. Oh but out of luck for the next 5 months that is very likely what you will be expected to do cause lets face it a Operation is even worse.

GSF is even worse. Back when it launched and I played it we helped new people, we had our regulars we knew each other and while some games were so unbalanced it was nothing like it is now. Had to play my 4 matches pulled up my useless alt whose stats I don't give a damn about and watched people get screwed over. There are people getting 10 to 20 kills against others 0. These poor people are getting 0 medals and being farmed, though I'd sometimes suspect kill trading as they race towards the enemy and then just get killed without taking a shot. I don't think that results in many points to upgrade your ship. Does anyone help them, what is the point they don't want to be there they are doing it for the daily or weekly.

Ground PvP is no better but why would it be. If the only thing that is bringing you to the pvp is you have to complete 1 to 3 matches its not like you want to spend time gearing up or the like. And lets face it even if you did PvP is so unbalanced I don't think there are many people here who could come up with a strategy for someone that doesn't enjoy it or what to be there to make them able to hold their own against people that do.

As for the solo and kill missions, best of a bad bunch. Though who could possible say competing with others for kills or clickies is fun. Hard pressed sadly to say any 5 year old daily content is overly fresh but now having to take 3 times as long to complete and you got to be a jerk to get done isn't encouraging. And what do I mean by that, well if there is a clicky you need and you wait patiently inline that next person that comes up will try and ninja it so you and everyone else clicks like crazy and hopes lets get it. Screw you fellow players its mine! Possibly you can group but while you are inviting them they are clicking like crazy and think you are trying to freeload of their faster finger. Same goes for kills you are melee out of luck my BH will be using is AOE to tag them all as you leap in but fear not Ill leave them for you to kill while I tag the next group.

So come the 1st of June it will be interesting to see how things go and maybe EA/BW need to think of ways to encourage people to log in to play content they enjoy as opposed to get them to reluctantly grind through content they don't till they find something else to do.

Why was this created, to draw people into new activities in game

people make mistakes and they are called *******, no explanations, no cut scenes. Hell most people seem to think using an out of combat heal mechanic is wasteful. There is no way that is encouraging anyone to want to give it another go. I'm no saint, I do the /greet at the start get ignored then do my best to hug the speed runners for fear ill be voted out for trying to explain some mechanic.

Any feature that mixes elites with casuals will always result in two complaints:

1. Filthy Casuals are screwing up our exclusive uber content, get those fools out of my entitled elite content NOW

2. Caustic Elites are ruining the game play Bioware just enticed us casuals to try, damn everyone for this rubbish

From the glib, to the flippant, to the dismissive, to the earnest, people have made a lot of suggestions how to mitigate or ameliorate those complaints, but those complaints are as old as MMOs themselves, and will continue to exist as long as MMOs exist, and there's nothing devs can code or players can do to change that...

...because you can't shake people loose from their entitled power-tripping elitism once that grabs hold.

Just does not happen. Does not.

Elites, through their unending sense of entitlement, don't believe they need or should change either their ways or attitudes to accommodate those they feel are not of their caliber. That would be throwing away their sense of entitlement, and that's what they crave the most, so not happening.

Casuals, as earnestly and ardently as they try to blink away abuse tossed at them by elites, be it verbal, or by kicking out the lesser beings -- however that abuse may play out -- won't ever surmount the elitist's sense of entitlement.

Is the situation hopeless?

Stoicism, for however long and to whatever degree that may be maintained by an individual, may help the occasional casual player suffer through elitist abuse in the short term, and kudos to such casuals for giving it their all in the face of that.

There is no happy quick fix when pairing an elitist mindset with a casual player unsuspecting of the abuse about to be rendered. The source won't go away and the situations bringing both types of players together won't go away, obviously, because we just keep seeing more features urging such mixes.

People would say the answer is easy, just quit playing. Being one of those casuals, I've been fortunate during my tenure in this game to befriend people far more skilled than I who have enough patience and sense of camaraderie to let me tag along. Those friends fight the big battles by themselves; I know better than to slow them down, but they continually encourage me to try.

So, for what's worth, speaking from this experience, my advice for casuals would be to befriend high-powered players. I've only managed to do that within the parameters of my guild, with the mix of casuals and top-tier players (notice I'm not using the word elite to describe them) who genuinely wish to help others improve.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There are people getting 10 to 20 kills against others 0. These poor people are getting 0 medals and being farmed, though I'd sometimes suspect kill.

That would be people like my wife who only today found out that the faint diagonal lines over your target means they are behind an obstacle. She’s been trying to shoot people that are behind things but the target is red so she thinks they’re in range so to speak. I didn’t even realise she didn’t understand that mechanic and I was wondering why her kills and damage were always zero. She would race in and shoot away but get 0% because “couldn’t” hit target behind rock or satellite.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

From the glib, to the flippant, to the dismissive, to the earnest, people have made a lot of suggestions how to mitigate or ameliorate those complaints, but those complaints are as old as MMOs themselves, and will continue to exist as long as MMOs exist, and there's nothing devs can code or players can do to change that...

While in no way perfect and I always use the same examples cause they are the games I play, but in Elder Scrolls Online the open world bosses, encounters etc don't have a lock out mechanic. You don't have to be grouped you just have to participate, there is no max 24 players against bosses designed for 24 players with 2 tanks 4 healers ect. and an easy way to see the quickly dead casual free loader. Though I suspect that would be even easier if you had the nice make up.

How does this help that casual sees a big fight going off and jumps in, hides behind a rock and takes some quick shots, gets ganked by the big bad. And no one minds, they aren't taking up someone betters place in the group so whatever they do will either contribute or at very worse it will be the same as it was before they turned up. No one cares.

But more there is no kill stealing as everyone only needs to get a couple of hits in to get credit.

While most clickies I can think of are individual so it doesn't need to reset to get it. So there is no kill stealing no item stealing. While the open world PvP can be horribly unbalanced but if you are new you try and find a big group to hide in or castle walls to hide behind and slowly get to grips with it. You aren't stuck on a team who very much resent you taking up one of a limited number of spaces and giving the other team kills or being a waste of space.

By design a lot of the SWTOR group and open world content seems in comparison to be very unfriendly and encourage an us vs them mentality as I just want to get through this damn flashpoint as there is nothing gained in taking it slow and enjoying it... well except enjoying it but as its all about getting my 3 done this week I'm not doing it cause I want to be here.

Edited by Costello

I agree with much of what has been said in this thread.

I used to apologize to people for making them lose in PvP.

I wanted to unlock the two KOTET companions that require PvP runs.

Now I don't bother apologizing.

If your team loses over and over (which no longer even gives you credit) that's just tough.

I'm not going to play enough to get better, and I'm not going to stop while it's required to unlock new decos.

I used to make only 10-20 runs to unlock a companion, but now it's an endless cycle.

Loses don't count towards the companions anymore and Galactic Seasons require runs every week.

Good luck carrying my weight in an attempt to win.

Don't like it? Take it up with Bioware.

Edited by Xina_LA

While in no way perfect and I always use the same examples cause they are the games I play, but in Elder Scrolls Online the open world bosses, encounters etc don't have a lock out mechanic. You don't have to be grouped you just have to participate, there is no max 24 players against bosses designed for 24 players with 2 tanks 4 healers ect. and an easy way to see the quickly dead casual free loader. Though I suspect that would be even easier if you had the nice make up.

How does this help that casual sees a big fight going off and jumps in, hides behind a rock and takes some quick shots, gets ganked by the big bad. And no one minds, they aren't taking up someone betters place in the group so whatever they do will either contribute or at very worse it will be the same as it was before they turned up. No one cares.

But more there is no kill stealing as everyone only needs to get a couple of hits in to get credit.

While most clickies I can think of are individual so it doesn't need to reset to get it. So there is no kill stealing no item stealing. While the open world PvP can be horribly unbalanced but if you are new you try and find a big group to hide in or castle walls to hide behind and slowly get to grips with it. You aren't stuck on a team who very much resent you taking up one of a limited number of spaces and giving the other team kills or being a waste of space.

By design a lot of the SWTOR group and open world content seems in comparison to be very unfriendly and encourage an us vs them mentality as I just want to get through this damn flashpoint as there is nothing gained in taking it slow and enjoying it... well except enjoying it but as its all about getting my 3 done this week I'm not doing it cause I want to be here.

Agreed. I have played other MMOs that were like that and it was always more friendly and casual. When this game launched and my first couple days playing, you could already feel an us vs them vibe..you would be fighting a mob and some dude would come running in and steal the chest you couldn't click on ...it sucked.

Indeed. It is what it is. I assume they'd be happy to add more content faster if they could.

Some of the rather..modest speed is explained with how incredibly impractical it is to do full VA. Think of it.." Player Character" is 16 different people.(!)... and that's for English version of the game alone. Throw in French and German localizations and having PlayerChar say "W..what do you mean, step-sith?" takes recording 48 different people. I'd imagine it is incredibly expensive and inpractical. System like GS is a pretty good way to deal with inevitable massive content droughts. They'd really like to have more people enjoy stuff that comes with endless longevity and high tolerance for repetition. (GSF,PvP, multiplayer content in general ig)

Have to say the VA thing is BS.

You know how you avoid this...it's not hard....

You plan out content 2-3 years at a time. and record the dialog all at once. years ahead of the content. Large content, multiple things all recorded at once.

You could also invest in Deep Voice AI tech, and replace real people with AI voices. Some of the tech out there you would never know the difference, and can be made to sound like the existing actors and emotion can be adjusted in speech. Not ideal. But hell of a lot cheaper and we know EA loves cheap.

I was involved in some PUG Flashpoints (lucky roll of the weekly) and the way some players treat people that are new is disgraceful all because that experienced player wanted to get through as quick as possible. As much as possible has to be skipped, people make mistakes and they are called *******, no explanations, no cut scenes. Hell most people seem to think using an out of combat heal mechanic is wasteful. There is no way that is encouraging anyone to want to give it another go. I'm no saint, I do the /greet at the start get ignored then do my best to hug the speed runners for fear ill be voted out for trying to explain some mechanic. Oh but out of luck for the next 5 months that is very likely what you will be expected to do cause lets face it a Operation is even worse..

I have to say, it's bad form to make everyone wait for you to soak up all of the cut scenes in a pug run, let alone with all of the GS stuff going on.

the game is 10 years old. if you need to get through all of your story stuff for the first time, I suggest doing it on your own time, not forcing pugs to agonizingly wait for you to sit through every cut scene and mull over your roll.

there's no law that says you have to follow the "rules" as I've explained them to you. but it's this thing called common courtesy or, in mandalorian speak, "it is the way." it's like saying "good game" at the end of a match or "gratz" when someone dings a level. and no game rule will ever be able enforce these "unwritten rules."

the game is 10 years old. if you need to get through all of your story stuff for the first time, I suggest doing it on your own time, not forcing pugs to agonizingly wait for you to sit through every cut scene and mull over your roll."

Im sorry but how would someone get through content that requires more than one person on their own time? Sorry your demonstrating exactly how uninviting some players are to new ones. Just because you have played longer than some newb doesn't make your time more valuable, or deserving of special treatment. your a player same as anyone else, learn to play with others or don't run random.

Have to say the VA thing is BS.

You know how you avoid this...it's not hard....

You plan out content 2-3 years at a time. and record the dialog all at once. years ahead of the content. Large content, multiple things all recorded at once.

I'm pretty sure this is how they've always done it. Like.almost everything we've been getting between now and Onslaught prelude has prolly been recorded at one go. Still difficult and expensive.

Edited by Stradlin

I agree with much of what has been said in this thread.

I used to apologize to people for making them lose in PvP.

I wanted to unlock the two KOTET companions that require PvP runs.

Now I don't bother apologizing.

If your team loses over and over (which no longer even gives you credit) that's just tough.

I'm not going to play enough to get better, and I'm not going to stop while it's required to unlock new decos.

I used to make only 10-20 runs to unlock a companion, but now it's an endless cycle.

Loses don't count towards the companions anymore and Galactic Seasons require runs every week.

Good luck carrying my weight in an attempt to win.

Don't like it? Take it up with Bioware.

If Biowares matchmaking algorithm wasn’t so broken, it wouldn’t be an issue because you would only get other people on your team of your skill lvl vs other people of your skill. You wouldn’t get premades of good players vs under skilled pugs or have 1 or 2 good players expected to carry whole teams against premades.

The win requirement now is arduous and causing more toxicity and grief than before. It’s also taking 2-3 times longer to complete stuff and the rewards don’t equal other content even when you win.

BioWare need to switch back to a points system. But change the ratio of the win loses from 2:1 to 4:1 or 3:1. That would allow people to still progress but would encourage people to not afk. Which is what use to happen and why the win requirement was added. Sadly, now that deserter lock out has been added too, more people afk than before because it’s quicker than riding out a 15min lockout.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992476

Here is a road map thread of sorts I made for BioWare a month ago on steps they could take to improve pvp. This was before GS really got started and when they also merged the low and mid brackets into one.

If you support these ideas and would like to see change, please post there to let BioWare know.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Im sorry but how would someone get through content that requires more than one person on their own time? Sorry your demonstrating exactly how uninviting some players are to new ones. Just because you have played longer than some newb doesn't make your time more valuable, or deserving of special treatment. your a player same as anyone else, learn to play with others or don't run random.

solo mode, guild group, pug in world/fleet so that you put together a team of like minded individuals.

as for me being this harsh whatever person, I'd like to point out that forcing 3 ppl to wait around on 1 person to twiddle his thumbs because he wants to "soak up the story" for the first time is a lot more inconsiderate.

and if you don't want to rub ppl the wrong way, then you'll follow my aforementioned guidelines. if you don't give a **** about other players in your random pug, then go on doing you regardless. there's plenty of that in every aspect of the game as well. just don't expect ppl to be any more considerate of you than you are of them. ;)