Galactic Seasons + PvP = A Bad Combo

TheRealKingCrazy

personally, I can't really understand your point of view.

My point of view is new content is stuck behind game elements I have no interest In playing.

Either group Vet content or PvP. (mostly starfighter.) Or OPs...

Best I get is kill X number of bug mobs on *random planet that 100 other people are doing.

(For 3 points...)

My GS weeklies are always PvP or random group stuff.

Dailies are usually PvP or random group stuff.

If you like Pvp or random Vet FPs or random OPs good for you.

For me.. nope, not that good...

Edited by Rammboo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, it's bad form to make everyone wait for you to soak up all of the cut scenes in a pug run, let alone with all of the GS stuff going on.

the game is 10 years old. if you need to get through all of your story stuff for the first time, I suggest doing it on your own time, not forcing pugs to agonizingly wait for you to sit through every cut scene and mull over your roll.

there's no law that says you have to follow the "rules" as I've explained them to you. but it's this thing called common courtesy or, in mandalorian speak, "it is the way." it's like saying "good game" at the end of a match or "gratz" when someone dings a level. and no game rule will ever be able enforce these "unwritten rules."

Which I guess is why Galactic Seasons is a terrible way to encourage people to try content they haven't tried before.

But then Bioware never said Galactic Seasons was a means to get people to try things for their benefit.

This was the altruistic player base trying to attribute a good reason for encouraging PvP and group content that people don't enjoy.

The Devs are probably laughing at everyone here going what a bunch of *********** ******* thinking this had anything to making their experience better, it was about rehashing old content and seeing how many hoops we could make them jump through of content that they don't want to play to get the 53rd companion that they will never use again. And look at them they are arguing with each other on the forum over if our method of encouraging more diverse gameplay is working hahahahahaha what is diverse about GSF and PvP every week and 3 or 4 times as dailies *********** morons.

So I'm most definitely thinking its time for me to bow out of trying to debate if this works in something I don't even think any longer it was planned to do. I have adventures in Oblivion awaiting me.

Edited by Costello

Which I guess is why Galactic Seasons is a terrible way to encourage people to try content they haven't tried before.

But then Bioware never said Galactic Seasons was a means to get people to try things for their benefit.

This was the altruistic player base trying to attribute a good reason for encouraging PvP and group content that people don't enjoy.

The Devs are probably laughing at everyone here going what a bunch of *********** ******* thinking this had anything to making their experience better, it was about rehashing old content and seeing how many hoops we could make them jump through of content that they don't want to play to get the 53rd companion that they will never use again. And look at them they are arguing with each other on the forum over if our method of encouraging more diverse gameplay is working hahahahahaha what is diverse about GSF and PvP every week and 3 or 4 times as dailies *********** morons.

Whoa pal! Be careful with all that edge!!

When it comes to inquiries you made about diversity... "Other people" is the answer. Other people is what makes GSF and PvP every week feel diverse every week. GSF has up to 24 people fighting one another, ground pvp manages 16. If you are involved enough and zoom close enough, every match is different. Those who end up enjoying this stuff are lucky. This stuff stands repetition extremely well. For them, these game modes come with borderline endless amount of longevity. Adding extra content for these folks is(well, WOULD BE) pretty cheap and easy when compared to releasing storyline stuff. Extra content added for these folks lasts them years and as such, has insane value to it.

Most people are here for story content. One big content patch of story stuff lasts several hours rather than several years. It is costly to make and when you release new story patch on Thursday, people start asking for more by next Monday. Yet, these are the folks BW needs to appease. It is a pretty rough deal.

Edited by Stradlin

I have to say, it's bad form to make everyone wait for you to soak up all of the cut scenes in a pug run, let alone with all of the GS stuff going on.

the game is 10 years old. if you need to get through all of your story stuff for the first time, I suggest doing it on your own time, not forcing pugs to agonizingly wait for you to sit through every cut scene and mull over your roll.

there's no law that says you have to follow the "rules" as I've explained them to you. but it's this thing called common courtesy or, in mandalorian speak, "it is the way." it's like saying "good game" at the end of a match or "gratz" when someone dings a level. and no game rule will ever be able enforce these "unwritten rules."

Actually the best way to handle this is discuss it upfront before doing the flashpoint instead of assuming everyone is going to agree with you. When my boyfriend and I run flashpoints we asked upfront if anyone wants to do the cut scenes and if they want to kill all the trash or skip the bonuses. This way everyone has a voice in the way the flashpoint is done. This is more respectful of everyone.

Actually the best way to handle this is discuss it upfront before doing the flashpoint instead of assuming everyone is going to agree with you. When my boyfriend and I run flashpoints we asked upfront if anyone wants to do the cut scenes and if they want to kill all the trash or skip the bonuses. This way everyone has a voice in the way the flashpoint is done. This is more respectful of everyone.

fair.

although the game's 10 years old and most ppl are flooding the GF to get their POs done, so the vast majority are going to be in the "skip it" mode. it still only takes one person to stall everything. WoW handles this a bit better by not requiring everyone to wait on one person. but then...WoW is not nearly as immersive as SWTOR. one person sitting on a cut scene choice locks up everyone.

Edited by CheesyEZ

That would be people like my wife who only today found out that the faint diagonal lines over your target means they are behind an obstacle. She’s been trying to shoot people that are behind things but the target is red so she thinks they’re in range so to speak. I didn’t even realise she didn’t understand that mechanic and I was wondering why her kills and damage were always zero. She would race in and shoot away but get 0% because “couldn’t” hit target behind rock or satellite.

gaming with your wife sounds like me trying to teach my mother how to use the Harmony remote or Alexa.

gaming with your wife sounds like me trying to teach my mother how to use the Harmony remote or Alexa.

LOL, nothing quite as bad as that (thank god). Its more that she’s never played any shooter games before and honestly (which is basically what GSF is). And besides consoles, swtor is only her second real PC game shes played (the first being WoW). She’s had no experiences with any other sorts of PC game mechanics, so she’s doing pretty well for a 50yo. I would consider her slightly above the average swtor player in knowledge and skills these days.

Definitely the most mature way to approach this situation. It’s also a good way to make friends and meet people of like mind,

Part of the problem (which has been a problem since day one) is allowing pre-mades to queue for regs. Any team with a 4-man pre-made and 4 randoms is going to win 99% of the time vs 8 random players.

I have played recently few games with a friend in party on discord, and is so much easier because we can sincronize the stuns and heals and capturing/defending points, i can imagine how 4 premade is wrecking. There should be at least a mark on parties visible to all players, so you dont just run into them and let your premade handle them. Voice comm is huge in a pvp game with 1 second abilities.

Edited by ALTHEORUS

While asking ahead of time is a good way to go about the cutscene thing, for me the answer is always going to be no, because I’ve played this game for six years now and have seen everything. Frankly, all of the story mode content is on YouTube. If you want to watch cutscenes that badly, pour yourself a drink and have a movie night. But most people trying to get through pug content are trying to get through it quickly because they’ve seen it so many times and they have other stuff to get through.

Similar thing with people who want to kill every trash mob because of the XP. Most folks don’t have the time to pull every single add they come across. Besides, you get more XP overall for boss fights and for finishing the fp/op, so it’s more efficient to just hammer through the content quickly so you can get to the next one.

I like that GS has encouraged - not forced me - to experience new aspects of the game. I will use GSF as an example, I was horrible and am still horrible at it. As a result I avoided it. Here recently though, because of GS, I am making progress. I now understand the flight mechanics and am now trying to figure out how to actually hit targets with my weapon systems.

I am still horrible but have made progress and starting to have fun with it. This would not have happened without the introduction of GS.