Tech Fragments Cap

It is a smart and good idea to increase the tech fragments cap from the 10,000 it is now. Being that more people will be trying to acquire that amount to purchase the new end game crafting materials. Many will lose tech fragments by going over the mark. Please increase the cap to 15k or even 20k tech fragments cap. IT WOULD BE GREATLY appreciated.

:D

Edited by Amunra-amunray

Many will lose tech fragments by going over the mark.

I was thinking about this too. I'm not interested in micromanaging my tech frag inflow. Hope I don't mindlessly open a crate or mission that awards 400-1000 tech frags when I only need 100.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

It is a smart and good idea to increase the tech fragments cap from the 10,000 it is now. Being that more people will be trying to acquire that amount to purchase the new end game crafting materials. Many will lose tech fragments by going over the mark. Please increase the cap to 15k or even 20k tech fragments cap. IT WOULD BE GREATLY appreciated.

This has to be one of the top 10 most requested items !! There's a GOOD REASON for that !!!!

+100 support !!

I totally agree. Situation is a bit better for people who want to buy the mats because that vendor is available every day. Not great, but better. For those who want to carry their fragments to Kai Zykken, with the refund timer change it means no playing at all from Tuesday to Friday, at least not with the toons that are going to get conquest rewards, because those fragments would easily go over the cap and be wasted for sure.

I totally agree. Situation is a bit better for people who want to buy the mats because that vendor is available every day. Not great, but better. For those who want to carry their fragments to Kai Zykken, with the refund timer change it means no playing at all from Tuesday to Friday, at least not with the toons that are going to get conquest rewards, because those fragments would easily go over the cap and be wasted for sure.

Shhhh !!!!

Don't tell them that. The new solution: cut the number of fragments on ALL rewards !! :eek::eek::eek:

Whoop-de-do, you lose a few tech frags. There's lots to go around. It's like worrying about the sand that slips through your fingers when you grab a handful.

I get too many dam frags too easily. It wouldn't be a problem, if I could just hit max and stay there, but there's that annoying "Looting this item would put you over the limit" thing.

Whoop-de-do, you lose a few tech frags. There's lots to go around. It's like worrying about the sand that slips through your fingers when you grab a handful.

I get too many dam frags too easily. It wouldn't be a problem, if I could just hit max and stay there, but there's that annoying "Looting this item would put you over the limit" thing.

Goodness dude !! If you don't need or want the fragments .. that's cool !! But some folks like to make the best possible use of them and NOT throw them away !! (That would be especially true when deconstructing things OR collecting "rewards"). If said rewards are lost due to a very low imposed limit ... that really stinks !!

Simple solution: BW increases the limit to 30 or 40K and it's a win-win for everyone. Well ALMOST everyone ! (some will still fuss about something I'm sure)

Goodness dude !! If you don't need or want the fragments .. that's cool !! But some folks like to make the best possible use of them and NOT throw them away !! (That would be especially true when deconstructing things OR collecting "rewards"). If said rewards are lost due to a very low imposed limit ... that really stinks !!

Simple solution: BW increases the limit to 30 or 40K and it's a win-win for everyone. Well ALMOST everyone ! (some will still fuss about something I'm sure)

It's something he always seems to do, make fun of people who request stuff.

I've never reached my limit, as a pref (normally) it's rarely an issue, but even I see that it could be used by most.

Agreed on increasing the limit. And refund people who lost alot of them due to no fault of their own.

I've lost my share too ... but will just simply settle for the higher cap !!

The refund ... I really doubt that would happen. (sorry ... not trying to be rude !)

I've lost my share too ... but will just simply settle for the higher cap !!

The refund ... I really doubt that would happen. (sorry ... not trying to be rude !)

I know you ain't, it's all good. But last time I saw the items it clearly said "this item is refundable for up to 2 hours etc" and made no mention within the item that would change.

Big no-no for BW.

Anyways, all the best to ya!

One can debate the exact cap amount, but count me squarely in the camp of an item should not cost equal to the maximum.

There have been reasonable solutions proposed here, notably Trixxie's 8,000 cost for the items. I will propose a counter solution of...

If you keep the price of OEM's / RPM's at 10k, then raise the limit to 12k, at a minimum.

It is stunning to me that some (well, so far one) consider wasting of TF a non-issue.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It is stunning to me that some (well, so far one) consider wasting of TF a non-issue.

my knee-jerk reaction is that said person doesn't do a lot of alt-ing or may even min-maxing with multiple specs and game modes (pvp vs pve). I have 25 total toons, and all but two of them are max level or were min-maxed at 70 and would be at 75 as well. so yeah, wasting any currency is a pita.

however, the currency that I'm short on now is actual credits. I started gambling on amplifiers, had a grand old time on it, and all of a sudden I'd burned through more than 50m credits. d'oh! :o

so it became quicker to gamble with tech frags on new armorings, but that's really a horrible idea given the proliferation of tech frags vs. credits in the game. lol

One can debate the exact cap amount, but count me squarely in the camp of an item should not cost equal to the maximum.

There have been reasonable solutions proposed here, notably Trixxie's 8,000 cost for the items. I will propose a counter solution of...

If you keep the price of OEM's / RPM's at 10k, then raise the limit to 12k, at a minimum.

Dasty

I have on more than one occasion gone over limit and the remainder TF poofed out of existence.

So I support a limit raise to 12K or Trixxie's 8K cost.

There is also a reason I have some (well, so far one) on ignore.

Dasty

Just curious .. isn't a full set of "armor" like 3K for each piece ( X 7 pieces) ... 21K total ( Plus 1mil. credits each or 7 Mil. total) ???

That being the case ... I would support something closer to 25K (allowing for the purchase of an entire set w/o having to stop / interrupt etc... etc..

That said the exact new total is not that big a deal ... as long as it goes up substantially! IMO this is win-win !

Just curious .. isn't a full set of "armor" like 3K for each piece ( X 7 pieces) ... 21K total ( Plus 1mil. credits each or 7 Mil. total) ???

That being the case ... I would support something closer to 25K (allowing for the purchase of an entire set w/o having to stop / interrupt etc... etc..

That said the exact new total is not that big a deal ... as long as it goes up substantially! IMO this is win-win !

Yes it is, well 6 pieces is needed for the full set bonus, so 18K of tech frags. People usually use Amplified Champion (obtainable without tech frags) for the 7th piece.

Agreed; 25K seems more reasonable. BUT, after things I've witnessed on this forum lately, that's kinda the least of my worries about what's going on.

Yes it is, well 6 pieces is needed for the full set bonus, so 18K of tech frags. People usually use Amplified Champion (obtainable without tech frags) for the 7th piece.

Agreed; 25K seems more reasonable. BUT, after things I've witnessed on this forum lately, that's kinda the least of my worries about what's going on.

I agree that when seen in perspective with other matters at hand it's somewhat minor... but sometimes resolving some of the smaller things can make the QOL for a lot of folks a little better along the way ! ;)

I agree that when seen in perspective with other matters at hand it's somewhat minor... but sometimes resolving some of the smaller things can make the QOL for a lot of folks a little better along the way ! ;)

Isn’t that the definition of QOL adjustments in games. Making small annoyances go away or made less annoying to complete so players can concentrate on having fun.

Edited by TrixxieTriss