Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you OP. I rerolled and thankfully got two solo options.

But I'm not so excited about eventually having to do something I hate just to get my dailies done.

hi!... i'm sure this is a noob-ish question.. hehe... but... how does one 'reroll' a Daily PO?

hi!... i'm sure this is a noob-ish question.. hehe... but... how does one 'reroll' a Daily PO?

After you select a daily PO title, there is a little recycle sign on the right panel where the details are listed, that's the reroll sign.

the first week, all Dailies & and the one weekly I managed to finish (dragged my healer through unranked warzones - which was actually not terrible, though still not my favorite) worked fine aka I got all the points

This week so far: Rishi dailies don't count :mad: (cannot reroll because I already rerolled to get rid of starfighter)

I will try the other Daily to see if at least that one counts...

hopefully the fixes scheduled for tomorrow actually fix those wonky sometimes-it-counts-sometimes-it-doesn't bugs

but in general: there should be either more options the change the objectives (more rerolls, PvP/PvE toggle) or simplyy a (LONG) drop down list where one can choose the desired Daily/Weekly...

(and btw, don't know if it was already mentioned, there is a typo: when clicking on the PO: Rishi, the tooltip on the right has Section X in the title)

the first week, all Dailies & and the one weekly I managed to finish (dragged my healer through unranked warzones - which was actually not terrible, though still not my favorite) worked fine aka I got all the points[

but in general: there should be either more options the change the objectives (more rerolls, PvP/PvE toggle) or simplyy a (LONG) drop down list where one can choose the desired Daily/Weekly...

Whatever major bugs there are need to be fixed for sure..Hoped things that are broken in major way had been repaired yesterday.

About boldened bits in quote tho..

Let's put it this way.. If you had the huge dropdown menu you speak of and were able to choose anything your heart desires, would you have ended up doing pvp? Maybe it gets kinda..philosophical here, but when you pit out "quite fresh/mosttly untouched content for me that isn't horrible!" Vs. "extremely familiar content for me that I've always done", would you say having both on plate is a healthier diet in the long run? I mean, if you almost never have any of the former on your plate since nothing linteresting ures you there, would you have more fun in TOR?

I assume you've not done that much pvp in TOR? You went there as a healer and already had enough fun to reach the rolling peaks of "not terrible!" Imagine if you actually end up liking it, and become having fun in more..pure and evident fashion while at it. Suddenly, entire major game feature is there for you to spend time in. That's situation is basically almost as if TOR had sudenly released a brand new pvp-expansion just for you. Game becomes more fresh, more wide and more deep for you just like that. I believe this is major motivation and mechanic behind why GS is the way it is.

TOR is a huge game with quite a bit of depth and features to it. However, huge majority of remaining community are kinda..set in their ways and don't often leave their routines and comfort zones. They want to encourage that, it makes game more fresh for those who end up liking what they find.

Edited by Stradlin

Whatever major bugs there are need to be fixed for sure..Hoped things that are broken in major way had been repaired yesterday.

About boldened bits in quote tho..

Let's put it this way.. If you had the huge dropdown menu you speak of and were able to choose anything your heart desires, would you have ended up doing pvp? Maybe it gets kinda..philosophical here, but when you pit out "quite fresh/mosttly untouched content for me that isn't horrible!" Vs. "extremely familiar content for me that I've always done", would you say having both on plate is a healthier diet in the long run? I mean, if you almost never have any of the former on your plate since nothing linteresting ures you there, would you have more fun in TOR?

I assume you've not done that much pvp in TOR? You went there as a healer and already had enough fun to reach the rolling peaks of "not terrible!" Imagine if you actually end up liking it, and become having fun in more..pure and evident fashion while at it. That's situation is basically almost as if TOR had released a brand new pvp-expansion just for you. Game becomes more fresh, more wide and more deep for you just like that. I believe this is major motivation and mechanic behind why GS is the way it is. TOR is a huge game with quite a bit of depth and features to it. However, huge majority of remaining community are kinda..set in their ways and don't often leave their routines and comfort zones. They want to encourage that, it makes game more fresh for those who end up liking what they find.

I did quite a bit of PvP before (unranked mind you) with several of my characters and it is still something I don't overly enjoy (mostly due to toxic behavior from other players or the elusive "it is either an awesome team or a horrible team - but nothing in between") - there are days when it still can be fun but also days where it just feels like a drag

Soooo - I want a choice (and this drop down list or way more reroll options would give me just that).

It very well still may be that for one week or day I'll choose PvP... but the emphasis would be on CHOICE

Right now I don't really have one

And to your forcing-you-to-do-something-that-you-end-finding-not-horrible-or-even-liking:

the forcing part still is a big NO GO (especially in regard to BWs alleged "play your way" slogan)

if say a friend wants me to play a game mode with him/her I haven't tried yet, then sure, ok, I'll give it a go WITH the option if I don't like it I don't have to do it EVER again after that.

And to your forcing-you-to-do-something-that-you-end-finding-not-horrible-or-even-liking:

the forcing part still is a big NO GO (especially in regard to BWs alleged "play your way" slogan)

if say a friend wants me to play a game mode with him/her I haven't tried yet, then sure, ok, I'll give it a go WITH the option if I don't like it I don't have to do it EVER again after that.

What happens to somebody who truly can't be bothered to do any pvp or ops or whatnot and simply skips all of that each time when GS offers it? Nothing much. Its fun people keep using word " forced" to describe quite lowkey encouragement. Reroll function+cc+catchup via credits amounts to quite a bit of options and movement space. Plus, perhaps most importantly, its not like anything takes away the 200cc dings, heaps of gear, cartel armor packs, tokens etc you earn along the way, even if you never reach the max GS level by the time runs out. Rewards don't become any crazier or more unique towards the end.

There's quite a few "I've never rly felt liker giving GSF/PvP a try. GS made me do it and huh, I quite like it!" type of stories to be had over here, discord and reddit already. I just incorrectly assumed yours was among them. Since you very familiar with WZs already, that isn't the case ofc. When it comes to post I originally replied, If you remove yourself from equation and replace yourself with [typical player new-ish to pvp], does the beef of what I outline really sound so far fetched? (=Somebody is ""forced"" to try new content, likes it, blam, game expands for them") I mean, there are plenty of examples of this already.

Edited by Stradlin

Oh noes you need to do multiplayer things in a multiplayer game? Who would have thunk.

You are a subscriber so you can skip the days you dont like and still get every reward with subscriber bonus.

There is also a "reroll" button (arrow in a circle) that lets you reroll an objective once a day.

Edited by Kiesu

There's a meta-problem here; as subscribers we're supposed to have a 'PREMIUM' experience (all-caps theirs, not mine). Yet our subscription is continually being devalued by attempts to re-monetize us with pay-not-to-wait transactions, each of which is active sabotage of our quality of life.

Every gripe about GS's problems ultimately traces back to the fact EA wants us to buy our way through it.

The real solution is a subscription that lives up to its 'PREMIUM' billing.

Edited by FlatTax

What happens to somebody who truly can't be bothered to do any pvp or ops or whatnot and simply skips all of that each time when GS offers it? Nothing much. Its fun people keep using word " forced" to describe quite lowkey encouragement. Reroll function+cc+catchup via credits amounts to quite a bit of options and movement space. Plus, perhaps most importantly, its not like anything takes away the 200cc dings, heaps of gear, cartel armor packs, tokens etc you earn along the way, even if you never reach the max GS level by the time runs out. Rewards don't become any crazier or more unique towards the end.

There's quite a few "I've never rly felt liker giving GSF/PvP a try. GS made me do it and huh, I quite like it!" type of stories to be had over here, discord and reddit already. I just incorrectly assumed yours was among them. Since you very familiar with WZs already, that isn't the case ofc. When it comes to post I originally replied, If you remove yourself from equation and replace yourself with [typical player new-ish to pvp], does the beef of what I outline really sound so far fetched? (=Somebody is ""forced"" to try new content, likes it, blam, game expands for them") I mean, there are plenty of examples of this already.

to the bolded part - that is not entirely true: the rewards kind of get better in the end - aka accumulating GS tokens: I 'need' quite a bunch of GS tokens because I want to buy the SH and also some old rewards I missed - but I won't be able to get enough tokens if I don't play the forced way (either by doing content I don't particularly enjoy or by paying my way through) ...

feels a little like a parent telling a child: here, be a good girl, eat your vegetables, only then you'll get dessert and hey, maybe you even like the vegetables ... :rolleyes:

So, I have to admit, I had been playing GSF, not really into it, since GS started. I'd saved the GSF requisitions we'd gotten from the log in rewards until I had a character I wanted to use them on. Then I was doing the PO weekly yesterday which was 4 GSF matches, and in one match, I managed to get six kills! Also 6 achievements, not conquest achievements, real achievements. I didn't do anywhere near as well for the next three matches, but it was a pretty great feeling.

I can see why people don't like GSF, and don't like being forced to do activities they don't want to do, but my experience is that it does eventually click - like anything - if you keep at it.

If they want people to do GSF or Rishi or SectionX, they should try making them fun and rewarding. GSF is a 15 minute slog with a map that's hard to read and I can't see what I'm shooting at. The reward for the slog is minuscule. I finished the Rishi and SecX reputations already.

I have been dutifully trying to do all of the stuff that Galactic Seasons is. All that it has to offer. Trying is the keyword. I am a slower player. And while, yes, I have the time to spend on the game that most people would love to have...spending 3 to 4 hours a day doing all of the content that frankly, I have avoided for a myriad of reasons (PvP due to toxicity, that I knew I'd suck at it, and that I just DON'T want to PvP)...it makes this game which is a refuge for me become a burden and a pain in the ***. I have tried. And tried. Since the launch of Galactic Seasons. But guess what...I don't want to do Operations, I don't want to do PvP or GSF. I don't mind doing some group content like Flashpoints...but I don't want to be forced to do so for rewards that so far are proving lackluster.

More and more, I am finding things about this game that are driving me away. I am a subscriber, and with a fixed income like mine...I could spend money on something else, and probably should. But SWTOR brings me joy when the rest of my life is not so great. But now, that is being taken away with Galactic Seasons. I am not gonna grind at stuff I do not care about. I no longer care about a Fleet Stronghold.

I give up. Galactic Seasons...whatever. I am done.

If the next thing that comes down the pipe from the dev that is anywhere near as horrid as this has been, I'm out of the game period. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

If they want people to do GSF or Rishi or SectionX, they should try making them fun and rewarding. GSF is a 15 minute slog with a map that's hard to read and I can't see what I'm shooting at. The reward for the slog is minuscule. I finished the Rishi and SecX reputations already.

You have Rishi and SecX rep done? me too...and?

Let's summarize, shall we?

1) You don't want to do content you haven't mastered yet because it's not fun and you don't want to learn how to play.

2) You don't want to do content you've already mastered.

Yeah, I bet BW will find this feedback very helpful.

So, I have to admit, I had been playing GSF, not really into it, since GS started. I'd saved the GSF requisitions we'd gotten from the log in rewards until I had a character I wanted to use them on. Then I was doing the PO weekly yesterday which was 4 GSF matches, and in one match, I managed to get six kills! Also 6 achievements, not conquest achievements, real achievements. I didn't do anywhere near as well for the next three matches, but it was a pretty great feeling.

I can see why people don't like GSF, and don't like being forced to do activities they don't want to do, but my experience is that it does eventually click - like anything - if you keep at it.

6 kills for a fresh pilot is real good! It can take a while til they begin piling up as well as that. This thread from yesterday comes with few posts offering some pretty good links/advice in case you haven't yet found the GSF school youtube series and whatnots. If you end up reading up on ship builds and components, always double check the date guide was written on. GSF got a huge balance patch in 2018, anything older than that is inaccurate. For example, the GSF school youyube channel is pure gold when it comes to teaching basics/advanced bits about flight..but ignore all they say about meta, ship balances and so on.

Edited by Stradlin

6 kills for a fresh pilot is real good! It can take a while til they begin piling up as well as that. This thread from yesterday comes with few posts offering some pretty good links/advice in case you haven't yet found the GSF school youtube series and whatnots. If you end up reading up on ship builds and components, always double check the date guide was written on. GSF got a huge balance patch in 2018, anything older than that is inaccurate. For example, the GSF school youyube channel is pure gold when it comes to teaching basics/advanced bits about flight..but ignore all they say about meta, ship balances and so on.

Thanks! Anyway, just wanted to say that your constant championing of GSF has paid off at least in my case.

I also don't think it's likely that BW will make changes to the current setup this season so, while sure, they should know people don't like being forced to do activities...don't they know that anyway? And they don't care? Unless this upcoming patch rectifies it, I assume that the daily/weeklies for this season are here to stay.

Edited by Ardrossan

More options would be nice with many many more options. Allow use to reset them multiple times in one day until we get one we like (heck charge us credits for more than one but not too high like the amplifiers). Nothing is worse than doing something we hate doing for fun. More options are needed and they do not have to be the same every single day of the week. Making them more like conquests would be nice with many options. I could only change one daily once today and then not change the other, which is rather annoying, so I guess I have to change the PvP option first so I can avoid them. At least it is not win one match and I can get one medal and then stop really trying, not sure if that is what the devs intended.

Please change the “weekly” for the flash points needing to use group finder for them to count towards GS.

I can do a veteran solo. And I definitely don’t want to use group finder if I am going to group. My wife tried this and some people booted her from the group for being too much of a noob and wanting to listen to the story. It really is an unpleasant experience for her.

Just remove the requirement for having to use group finder and the weekly flash points will be a good objective.

The other option is you remove the ability for people to remove you from group.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thanks! Anyway, just wanted to say that your constant championing of GSF has paid off at least in my case.

I also don't think it's likely that BW will make changes to the current setup this season so, while sure, they should know people don't like being forced to do activities...don't they know that anyway? And they don't care? Unless this upcoming patch rectifies it, I assume that the daily/weeklies for this season are here to stay.

Yeah I recon whatever adjustments they do or won't is always gonna happen when season changes into a new one.

I wish there were some unique deco items or such for each season.. Poster or trophy or something.Maybe there is something in achis etc that I've not nocticed. Kinda similar to how ranked has some poster or whatnot to commemorate each season.

I think ultimately, what we have now is quite good. If they were to throw one " reroll token" of some kind as a reward from daily login system once a week or something, I'd be happy. Hopefully coming seasons have themes and missions bit more..atmopsheric than " kill bugs with your new rando bug bff" Clash in Hyperspace GS theme season when??!

GS working as intended for me as well. I haven't been soloing planetary missions or whatnot in a loooooong time. Yet, past week, I was killing bugs like a champ. It is literally more rewarding than it used to now, so carrot luring me towards content I wouldn't normally do is there. If I could refresh POs as I wanted, I'd just stick to GSF and WZs...

...Actually no, I wouldn't be doing WZs either in that scenario, just GSF. Here is why: I've grown completely detached from moderately high level pvp over the years. So I'm not very good at it. However, thanks to GS, there's so many other hapless new faces running around there now, that half arsing some basic pve rotation is all it takes to feel like I'm doing..not great, but well enough. I feel like I'm pulling my weight and then some. Having decent amount of fun. Due to GS, reg WZs and GSF are both more accessible to new players than they've been in a long time. If nobody new were ""forced"" to do WZs, it'd be ruled over by old WZ community. -> I'd get my arse handed to me every time. Bar of entry would be higher and I'd have less fun. Nice to be able to fight teams that are mostly made of half clueless scrubs just like me. :3

..Flipside of the coin has GSF aces and WZ veterans going " muh match quality!" It is a valid concern. As outlined above,dropping match quality is a positve thing for me in WZs as somebody who is bit of a scrub, but a negative thing for me in GSF as somebody who is a vet pilot. (which is my fav content in TOR in case you didn't know!) Getting new vet level pilots of tomorrow is much more of a positive than match quality occasionally dropping to pure sith is a negative though I think. So "muh match quality!"- song has me playing violing on bcground. Not smallest one in the world, but still.

Edited by Stradlin

So far I have been REALLY disappointed with Galactic Seasons. I don't do PVP and on the rare occasions I have, I am terrible at it. I tried galactic star fighter and felt really bad for my team. They probably felt I was a plant to just get killed to give the other team lots of points. I resent the developers trying to push me into content I am not interested in playing.

I don't really enjoy flashpoints, unless I am with a discord group, so having my weekly objectives flashpoints and pvp is a big negative. I also won't do Section X or The Black Hole daily's again as I don't enjoy them. I am weird I guess. So to me Galactic Seasons is an excellent way to convince someone NOT TO PLAY. I have been a sub for quite a while, so maybe I should just pretend it is not there.

The noises the new companion makes are REALLY annoying.

people who don't have friends to play with, who's friends left the game because one one bad decision after another, who themselves are barely hanging in there.

Or people who don't like the toxic &*^% you get in groups these days, especially PvP, and unfortunately GSF is starting to head the same way

Or people who don't deal well with others, can't take the stress of dealing with others, and just like to treat this as a solo game, with multiplayer options if people choose.

I'm sure I've missed others....

I happen to be one of the above mentioned people, so I do agree with the OP. I know it isn't the most popular opinion, but the one thing that got me into this game (after having tried it early on in it's life) was the solo friendly content.