Can we have Lana Beniko's Shadow of Revan appearance customisation for 6.3?

Macetheace

I still don't understand why this isn't available ofc. Personally, I much prefer the first look, but at least the option for both should be possible?

IF it's a fairly simple thing, or a thing that's been asked for a lot and for a while, can we have it?

• Like 2

I’m of the opinion that KOTFE looks better... but I’d be willing to cast my vote for those who want this

I think she looked best during 4.X. The look *in*KotFE* is different in 5.X/6.X compared to 4.X. (No, here I'm talking about how she looks with the "Traditional" customization in place, wearing the grey sack.)

Maybe I am misremembering, but did not BW change Lana due to the fact she was unique to begin with but later on was becoming a player companion. So needed to change her so she could be customoized as her oringinal look /body could not be? Edited by TalleraLane

Maybe I am misremembering, but did not BW change Lana due to the fact she was unique to begin with but later on was becoming a player companion. So needed to change her so she could be customoized as her oringinal look /body could not be?

Not exactly. Or more precisely, there's no way for us to know outside of digging in datamining type resources.

The "could not be customised" thing was a problem when she was first a companion in 4.X, because she was, indeed, a custom model. Somewhere along the way, but I don't remember exactly when, they added the "Lana Beniko's Traditional Customization" thingy, and if you take it off her, she is fully outfit-compatible, but her face changes.

Not exactly. Or more precisely, there's no way for us to know outside of digging in datamining type resources.

The "could not be customised" thing was a problem when she was first a companion in 4.X, because she was, indeed, a custom model. Somewhere along the way, but I don't remember exactly when, they added the "Lana Beniko's Traditional Customization" thingy, and if you take it off her, she is fully outfit-compatible, but her face changes.

I'm not sure I understand, you mean her face will change to the old one or new one when you take off her Traditional customisation thingy? Are you saying that you can keep the SoR appearance currently by equipping the "traditional Customization?"

Also I'm not sure why Lana's old face cannot be available, even if they have to reconstruct the model, why can't the SoR face be available? Surely that look isn't somehow mysteriously unable to be removed.

I'm not sure I understand, you mean her face will change to the old one or new one when you take off her Traditional customisation thingy? Are you saying that you can keep the SoR appearance currently by equipping the "traditional Customization?"

Over the course of the game, Lana has had (or still has) four different faces / heads (including hairstyle):

* SoR Lana. If you play SoR, you see this one even now.

* 4.X KotFE Lana. This was a custom model that included a special face, hair, and armour appearance (the one I call the grey sack). You can only find this one in videos on e.g. YouTube.

* 5.X/6.X KotFE-and-after Lana *with* the Traditional Customization. This is a custom model much like the 4.X one, including the grey sack, but her face is not the same as 4.X's face.

* 5.X/6.X KotFE-and-after Lana *without* the Traditional Customization. This is a fairly standard(1) Body Type 2 female figure, although I believe you can't find the face in the Character Creation screen and Appearance kiosks.(2)

Also I'm not sure why Lana's old face cannot be available, even if they have to reconstruct the model, why can't the SoR face be available? Surely that look isn't somehow mysteriously unable to be removed.

I'm pretty sure it could be made available, although I'd prefer it to be a new one that's meant to be a "high-resolution" version that looks like it. And perhaps she could have her allergy shots, since to me, that face always looked like she had a *bad* case of hay fever.

(1) *Fairly* standard because Lana's taste in underwear is a little different than the player's - Lana favours medium-dark purple sports bra and granny pants, while the player prefers medium grey.

(2) Much like e.g. Satele Shan's face isn't available for players to use.

Maybe I am misremembering, but did not BW change Lana due to the fact she was unique to begin with but later on was becoming a player companion. So needed to change her so she could be customoized as her oringinal look /body could not be?

Because people screamed on the forums that she looked hideous and had weird eyes.

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2021 at 5:21 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Over the course of the game, Lana has had (or still has) four different faces / heads (including hairstyle):

* SoR Lana. If you play SoR, you see this one even now.

* 4.X KotFE Lana. This was a custom model that included a special face, hair, and armour appearance (the one I call the grey sack). You can only find this one in videos on e.g. YouTube.

* 5.X/6.X KotFE-and-after Lana *with* the Traditional Customization. This is a custom model much like the 4.X one, including the grey sack, but her face is not the same as 4.X's face.

* 5.X/6.X KotFE-and-after Lana *without* the Traditional Customization. This is a fairly standard(1) Body Type 2 female figure, although I believe you can't find the face in the Character Creation screen and Appearance kiosks.(2)

I'm pretty sure it could be made available, although I'd prefer it to be a new one that's meant to be a "high-resolution" version that looks like it. And perhaps she could have her allergy shots, since to me, that face always looked like she had a *bad* case of hay fever.

I find I like Lana’s appearance better with the customization than without, but I’d really like to revert her appearance back to the Revan series.  She’s a little rougher, with a bit more mussed hair, but I like that better than the current look.

Probably intentional, but when you're released from Carbonite in Fallen Empire you're given the dialogue option to ask who your rescuer is because you don't recognize her. Lana plays it out as Carbonite Sickness, but I think it's an injoke because of her changed appearance.

• Like 1

Its also because at the time KOTFE came out there WERE characters that hadn't encountered her thru SOR - namely, instant 60th level characters. That was a thing for a while, because it was thought by marketing that giving people instant access to what was then "end-game" would incentivize people to get more characters/subscribe, etc.

Then people realized that you couldn't have all the neat titles for these characters (like Master, Darth, etc). so the characters ended up being put on the shelf & not played as often.

I too like the way she looked before KOTET. But I think they intended to make her look a little older in that part of the story.  What bugs me more is how they changed her makeup and hairstyle. But in Shadow of revan she looked a bit unfinished in my opinion. I really hope they take note of this topic and give her a more traditional look like the original only better.

1 hour ago, Romothian said:

I too like the way she looked before KOTET. But I think they intended to make her look a little older in that part of the story.  What bugs me more is how they changed her makeup and hairstyle. But in Shadow of revan she looked a bit unfinished in my opinion. I really hope they take note of this topic and give her a more traditional look like the original only better.

I kind of think you may be on to something with the "aging" Lana.  That and the "dark side" thing as well. (Hense the nick name Miss Spooky Eyes!)

Me, personally...  IMO...  
** She's gradually turned away from being a staunch Sith (in my timeline).  This is a direct affect from being around the Outlander / Commander.  (even if she disagrees with his point of view from time to time).
** There is a such thing as aging gracefully.  Mrs Buzz (to this day) looks about 10 years younger than her actual age (no brag ....  just fact).  IMO they could loose the dark shadowing on her facial features and update the hair style a bit!  (But ... that's just a cranky old mans point of view).

😉

28 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I kind of think you may be on to something with the "aging" Lana

KotET doesn't seem very far from SoR. I don't know where to look for lore, but it feels like SoR and KotET are within the same year. SoR finishes and we know the spirit of the emperor is sill there, and Darth Marr goes on the hunt for him.

And I too would like to have a SoR customization of Lana.

And a Senya customization for her look as in the trailer :) But yeah, trailers never look like the game unfortunately.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e0/Senya_trailer.png/revision/latest?cb=20170329134304

Edited by ytrenor
addition

1 minute ago, ytrenor said:

KotET doesn't seem very far from SoR. I don't know where to look for lore, but it feels like SoR and KotET are within the same year. SoR finishes and we know the spirit of the emperor is sill there, and Darth Marr goes on the hunt for him.

I know the events are close but when the commander awakens from the carbonite freeze its like 5 or 6 years later. I'm not sure if time would've have changed Lana that much especially in just 5 to 6 years.

Well  this whole thing could also be a combination of:
** Dark Side "shadowing" ..  ??? (just a guess)
** A more assertive / stern look ??

Again ... What I've posted is just a guess.  And in any event what they did achieve was a less favorable appearance (facially) IMO.  And the new outfit for Lana in KotFE/ET (ugh)!  I quickly swapped that out for the one in the CM (that matches the SoR)  for those characters that are only professionally associated with Lana.  Others that are closer to Lana are dressed in a variety of outfits appropriate for the occasion.

1 minute ago, OlBuzzard said:

Well  this whole thing could also be a combination of:
** Dark Side "shadowing" ..  ??? (just a guess)
** A more assertive / stern look ??

Again ... What I've posted is just a guess.  And in any event what they did achieve was a less favorable appearance (facially) IMO.  And the new outfit for Lana in KotFE/ET (ugh)!  I quickly swapped that out for the one in the CM (that matches the SoR)  for those characters that are only professionally associated with Lana.  Others that are closer to Lana are dressed in a variety of outfits appropriate for the occasion.

Could also be a case of wanting a more 'put together' and in control look for Lana with the FE/ET appearance; after all, during the Revanite Crisis ("Prelude to Shadows", "Shadow of Revan", and the events on Ziost that were basically an epilogue to those) she was supposed to be overwhelmed, framed and hunted as a traitor, trying to stop the Revanites and then the Emperor...

Just a thought.