Will we be able to skip by SoV in 6.3?

LRennahan

I'd like to know this too.

I wouldn't mind if the quest could be completed in vet or MM, but I can't stand the story mode version with that lousy so called companion, when I have a bunch of lvl 50 companions I could use instead. It would be annoying enough with all the stuns and knockbacks and so on with a decent companion of my own choice, if the idea was to make it as annoying as possible.

How bad it is with Rass depends on whether they ever manage to fix him so he's rank 25 for everyone like they said they would. Well, that and the bugs in the clickables and the other bugs, but yes.

But then again, I've found it to be hard, for sure, but in the sense of hard work, laborious if you prefer, rather than difficult, but even so, it's *still* overtuned. (OK, I haven't tried it in 6.2.1a...)

Anything is possable, but as this is really the start of the focal story for 6.3 proberbly not, at least until 6.4. As Ossus still needed to be done before Onslught, and 6.3 really continues this ongoing story as well as SoV, not sure it would make sense at this stage to be able to skip it. Still only BW can really answer this. Edited by DreadtechSavant

How bad it is with Rass depends on whether they ever manage to fix him so he's rank 25 for everyone like they said they would. Well, that and the bugs in the clickables and the other bugs, but yes.

But then again, I've found it to be hard, for sure, but in the sense of hard work, laborious if you prefer, rather than difficult, but even so, it's *still* overtuned. (OK, I haven't tried it in 6.2.1a...)

I've tried it !!

IMO the biggest issues stim from:

** Rass / healing (possible bugs?? ) Now is level 25. Seems to be a lot better. But he actually died twice for no apparent reason . Kind of weird really. Once he died as a result of falling ?? Again .. kind of strange ! IMO no doubt due to a BUG.

** IMO .. get Rass to do the job and not run off on a goose chase ??? Maybe ??

** The final Mob apparently is bugged as well. Dasty mentioned this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=991237

** Use that same link to review in better details some of what I found.

I honestly believe that once the BUGS are dealt with the FP will be MUCH better !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

I got through it on my main before 6.2.1, though it was hard even with my gear level. I got through it in 6.2.1 with two alts with no problem (though it was boring). 6.2.1a, I hit a wall with better equipped alts.

So I’d sign a petition to skip this in a heartbeat.

Edited by JediKamo

I'm for skipping on alts for all content (same faction at least).

but really...just fix the tuning for solo mode so players can cut through it mindlessly like every other solo mode in the game and things would be acceptable imo.

but really...just fix the tuning for solo mode so players can cut through it mindlessly like every other solo mode in the game and things would be acceptable imo.

I’d be okay with this too. I just don’t want to get stuck from advancing because of a badly designed story mode

Sorry to disagree. IMO not all of the "solo" FP's are mindless exercises!

Perhaps what is needed is the addition of another mode. Or perhaps better yet separate story / solo to :

**Story mode ( exactly that ... story only)

** SOLO Mode !! ( more like what some perceive SoV to be)

The separation of these two would be only for FP's where the said part of game would also be a part of the "story progression". If someone wanted to repeat the FP later on as a part of their routine for CQ's ... etc ... then those mode would be:

** Solo

** Veteran

** Master

Note: not trying to go thermal on any one ... but maybe this would work better ??

Sorry to disagree. IMO not all of the "solo" FP's are mindless exercises!

not sure what you mean. SoV is the only solo mode in the game where I can't just mindlessly face tank trash mobs b/c my companion is going to heal me through it. like...I have to actually think about where to roll defensives (aka: think instead of mash through the dps roto).

That too...lol, the bugs, and toning down of the mobs

I dunno !!

Maybe Story mode needs to be separated from "solo" mode when FP's are a part of the story. Just have the companion over heal during story mode .. then for later "Solo" FP attempts that is ran as it is now !!

Frankly ... aside from the BUGS I rather enjoyed this one !! (see note at bottom).

NOTE: I know that some of the other FP's offer more content ... etc. I'm referring strictly to "difficulty" level at this point !

(I hope this makes sense).

Or just give us a Jesus bot for it. I feel like the flashpoints from the traitor story arc were pretty tough when they first released, but not compared to this one. One of the biggest issues (maybe THE biggest) is the size of the pulls. Eliminate a few of the "strong" enemies from each pull and it would run much smoother and faster.

Perhaps what is needed is the addition of another mode. Or perhaps better yet separate story / solo to :

**Story mode ( exactly that ... story only)

** SOLO Mode !! ( more like what some perceive SoV to be)

Curiously, SoV already has that separation, as do all the FPs from Crisis on Umbara onwards.

Of course, they called the "play the story" mode [sOLO], and the "play solo" mode [sTORY]...

I didn't hit any bugs. Want to skip it because it's boring.

Theres nothing fun about spending hours looking at 4 walls mowing through a billion stagnant mobs for 3mins of story dialogue. It offers up nothing unique or interesting when navigating the FP. No objectives or anything. For that reason alone it needs significantly less trash mobs to speed up the flashpoint over all. Right now its nothing more then an uninteresting grindy time sink.

The boss fights where fine for me and the trash wasnt hard, just slow and boring for no good reason. It would be a far more enjoyable experience with half the current trash mobs.

Edited by Suzsi

Curiously, SoV already has that separation, as do all the FPs from Crisis on Umbara onwards.

Of course, they called the "play the story" mode [sOLO], and the "play solo" mode [sTORY]...

Yeah .. I know ! Most are "Story / solo" One in the same !!

But "Solo" mode for some means just "breeze through it mode".

Honestly bud I wish we could see a genuine selection of all 3 for either group or solo:

** Story mode (pretty much self explanatory)

** Veteran mode (the next step up) ... It's a little more challenging

** Master mode ( much more difficult .. playable by "solo" players ... and yet quite a challenge)

Groups would have the same instances available.

** Story mode (same as above ... but some groups might want to do this. Particularly noob groups)

** Veteran mode ( same as above .. the next step up .. more difficult)

** Master mode: REQUIRES all three : Tank / DPS / Healer

The foundation has already been laid for some time now. Just needs a bit more work and it would work. IMO upon entering the instance the number of players; total i-rating of group and other pertinent data and the right number / scale of mobs be made available.

At any rate.. I doubt anyone is really interested !! Just easier to complain about the SoV and pretend it never happened I guess !

Yeah .. I know ! Most are "Story / solo" One in the same !!

But "Solo" mode for some means just "breeze through it mode".

Honestly bud I wish we could see a genuine selection of all 3 for either group or solo:

** Story mode (pretty much self explanatory)

** Veteran mode (the next step up) ... It's a little more challenging

** Master mode ( much more difficult .. playable by "solo" players ... and yet quite a challenge)

Groups would have the same instances available.

** Story mode (same as above ... but some groups might want to do this. Particularly noob groups)

** Veteran mode ( same as above .. the next step up .. more difficult)

** Master mode: REQUIRES all three : Tank / DPS / Healer

The foundation has already been laid for some time now. Just needs a bit more work and it would work. IMO upon entering the instance the number of players; total i-rating of group and other pertinent data and the right number / scale of mobs be made available.

At any rate.. I doubt anyone is really interested !! Just easier to complain about the SoV and pretend it never happened I guess !

I’d be okay with this kind of division, provided we could advance the story on Story/Solo.