Disappearing conquest points

DeannaVoyager

I had 38,(something)k conquest points when I started a space mission. The mission before it that I did was Stronghold Decorator (1950cqp).

In the beginning of the space mission I remembered I'll probably hit the bonus objective, and I want it on another toon. So I escaped and chose exit. That crashed my game to desktop btw. When I logged back in, my conquest points had gone downwards from 38,(x) to 36230. The stronghold decorator mission is ticked done, even though my points are gone.

I'm posting in this thread, even though my problem is slightly different, but falls into the same category of Conquest Points (CQP) appearing / accruing in a wacky way.

On three characters, there is a discrepancy between what is showing for CQP when you open the personal character screen vs. what is showing when you click on the screen to monitor guild progress. In all three cases, I actually have MORE CQP showing for each individual and the total when opening the guild page.

So, for example, on one character I clocked 52,399 CQP, but the total on Guild Page shows 60,250. The total Guild Conquest Progress page is reflecting those inflated numbers, roughly 8k to 10k per character. While I appreciate the free CQP for my Guild, I imagine you will want to address this issue.

Regardless, to reinforce DeannaV's point -- something screwy is going on with CQP.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty the Forum Warrior

Edited by Jdast

• Dev Post
I had 38,(something)k conquest points when I started a space mission. The mission before it that I did was Stronghold Decorator (1950cqp).

In the beginning of the space mission I remembered I'll probably hit the bonus objective, and I want it on another toon. So I escaped and chose exit. That crashed my game to desktop btw. When I logged back in, my conquest points had gone downwards from 38,(x) to 36230. The stronghold decorator mission is ticked done, even though my points are gone.

Hey DeannaVoyager,

Could you provide more info? Feel free to either report in-game or PM me with this info, but we need server name, character name, and account name to start.

I'm posting in this thread, even though my problem is slightly different, but falls into the same category of Conquest Points (CQP) appearing / accruing in a wacky way.

On three characters, there is a discrepancy between what is showing for CQP when you open the personal character screen vs. what is showing when you click on the screen to monitor guild progress. In all three cases, I actually have MORE CQP showing for each individual and the total when opening the guild page.

So, for example, on one character I clocked 52,399 CQP, but the total on Guild Page shows 60,250. The total Guild Conquest Progress page is reflecting those inflated numbers, roughly 8k to 10k per character. While I appreciate the free CQP for my Guild, I imagine you will want to address this issue.

Regardless, to reinforce DeannaV's point -- something screwy is going on with CQP.

Dasty the Forum Warrior

Hi Dasty,

Guilds earn a bonus (which could be 15% or more depending on perks) to its conquest points from the character if the guild is invading a planet. This bonus is not applied to the character's personal points. This is working as designed.

Ohhh! Hand to Yoda I thought it was reflected in the personal character score as well, not just the guild score. My previous message will self-destruct in 3-2-1...:rak_03:

<<sips martini>>

Dasty the Forum Warrior (who can admit when wrong)

P.S. In no way is this admission of error a reflection on my other brilliant posts.

P.P.S. Deanna, apologies for hijacking your thread thinking we were talking the same broader issue.

Edited by Jdast

Hey DeannaVoyager,

Could you provide more info? Feel free to either report in-game or PM me with this info, but we need server name, character name, and account name to start.

Hi Dasty,

Guilds earn a bonus (which could be 15% or more depending on perks) to it's conquest points from the character if the guild is invading a planet. This bonus is not applied to the character's personal points. This is working as designed.

I have a similar problem to Jasty, i.e., my personal Conquest Points are showing about 7K below what it is showing for the guild. Your response, however, states that this is operating as designed. I am sorry but I must vehemently disagree. Up to this point, this has never been the case. I run several different toons through conquest, in both factions, every week since Conquest has been in the game and, up until now, the points showing for my personal conquest activities has been exactly what was reported for the Guild

Guilds earn a bonus (which could be 15% or more depending on perks) to its conquest points from the character if the guild is invading a planet. This bonus is not applied to the character's personal points. This is working as designed.

Hi Jackie, that’s not exactly correct or if it is, then that’s not what’s been represented graphically for the last 12 months.

I’ll explain what I’m seeing at the moment and maybe you can ask the dev team.

I’ve just logged in with one toon in my private guild and invaded the medium sized planet. And before I start, this toon didn’t have any points to collect from last week.

I did one activity with the character. The new version of Crafting inventor. The guild is lvl 74 and has these two bonuses running.

Efficient Crafting 2

Conqueror 1 : increases points earned from conquest by 10%.

The points possible to earn from crafting inventor show as 16,640 (with the 10% buff). I completed this one task and it shows my personal progress as 17,290 and shows my guild progress as 19,883. I’ve taken screen shots of both if you need me to link.

You can see why we might be a little bit confused as to what it should be showing because in the past, my personal targets have shown the same as my guild targets even when we had the conqueror buff active. Something is different and I’m not sure what.

I have a similar problem to Jasty, i.e., my personal Conquest Points are showing about 7K below what it is showing for the guild. Your response, however, states that this is operating as designed. I am sorry but I must vehemently disagree. Up to this point, this has never been the case. I run several different toons through conquest, in both factions, every week since Conquest has been in the game and, up until now, the points showing for my personal conquest activities has been exactly what was reported for the Guild

If no planet is attacked, there is no bonus. The points for personal conquest and guild are the same.

When a planet is attacked there is a bonus. The points for personal conquest and guild are not the same.

If you add 15% to the personal conquest points you get other values, because the calculation is not correct.

The exact formula includes the rounding up or rounding down of the respective conquest goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conqueror 1 : increases points earned from conquest by 10%.

The points possible to earn from crafting inventor show as 16,640 (with the 10% buff). I completed this one task and it shows my personal progress as 17,290 and shows my guild progress as 19,883.

I have broken down the calculation for you here:

6400 conquest points | with 0% bonus

16000 conquest points | with 150% bonus

16640 conquest points | with 150% bonus and 10% conqueror bonus

625 conquest points | mission/conquest reward with 0% conqueror bonus

650 conquest points | mission/conquest reward with 10% conqueror bonus

16640+650= 17290 personal progress

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

747 guild conquest points | mission/conquest reward with 15% bonus (RoundDown 650*1,15=747)

19136 guild conquest points | conquest points with 15% bonus (RoundDown 16640*1,15=19136)

19136+747= 19883 guild progress

You guys are talking about a different issue. My personal points went downwards after my game crashed, so it deleted the points I got from Stronghold decorator, but still kept the objective completed so I couldn't do it again to get the points back.

With the lack of small points objectives, it is annoying. Imagine it happening if you finish let's say GSF weekly or PVP weekly... That's a lot of points gone who knows where.

You guys are talking about a different issue. My personal points went downwards after my game crashed, so it deleted the points I got from Stronghold decorator, but still kept the objective completed so I couldn't do it again to get the points back.

With the lack of small points objectives, it is annoying. Imagine it happening if you finish let's say GSF weekly or PVP weekly... That's a lot of points gone who knows where.

Agreed. I shouldn't have linked the two issues, which are separate. I was thinking it was a display bug, but in our case it was going up.

Hope they look into your issue.

Dasty

• Dev Post

Hi again,

Wanted to update the thread with our findings. We did not see any points that were rolled back on your character or account. Additionally, we did not received other reports based on the same issue. If multiple players were losing their CP, we definitely would have been swarmed with reports. As of now, we do not see anything showing loss of points; however, we have record of your report and will be keeping it as reference in the event similar issues happen in the future.

Agreed. I shouldn't have linked the two issues, which are separate. I was thinking it was a display bug, but in our case it was going up.

Hope they look into your issue.

Dasty

Dasty + group, I'll go ahead and update this point as well since I don't want info to be scattered. Dasty, If you want to create a new thread and link to my posts, you're absolutely welcome to do so. It won't be considered spam.

I should have clarified earlier. Before this release, the guild tracking of each character's conquest points did not include the guild invasion bonus. The guild point display now shows this with the current update. I'll be working to get this point added to the patch notes so the info is accessible to players outside of this thread.

I can not more agree! Same at me. Guild perks are an advantage for the guild AND the members. The points have to count for the personal conquest too!

Edited by Anwielg

Hi again,

Wanted to update the thread with our findings. We did not see any points that were rolled back on your character or account. Additionally, we did not received other reports based on the same issue. If multiple players were losing their CP, we definitely would have been swarmed with reports. As of now, we do not see anything showing loss of points; however, we have record of your report and will be keeping it as reference in the event similar issues happen in the future.

I'm not surprised that you don't see any rollback nor about the lack of reports. Because the OPs problem sounds a lot like the game behaviour I witnessed over a couple of weeks while my provider insisted on performing a daylie disconnect during my gaming window (I've got this sorted out now). Once I logged back in there sometimes was a small discrepancy to where I've been before the disconnect. For example there could be a Quicktravel that was forgotten, I might have lost Conquest points or XP too but never checked.

Anyway I did some testing, can't help it I'm curious and I found that I can replicate that behavior pretty reliably by qucktraveling to a Stronghold from somewhere and pressing Alt+F4 after I arrived, once back there is a good chance that I'm standing where I was before travelling. My assumption from that was that my client simply had not updated the server before the disconnect happend.

I did not /bug that because I went after the problem (provider disconnect) rather then the symptom.

Edited by hof_th

Hi again,

Thanks for looking into it anyhow Jackie.

I only noticed it because I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my points, and I had just updated it before my game crashed. I'm also guessing hof_th might be on the right tracks on what's causing it.

This thing just happened to me again. I logged out a toon at 49998 CQP, I didn't have time to finish it, and thought I'd come back and do some exploration or kill a few mobs on a planet. Later I log back and kill a mob on DK for 5 points, CQ didn't pop so I checked my personal progress: 47003.

***!? Where do those points go? There are not enough repeatable objectives anyhow, but points I already gained suddenly disappearing is just too much. FIX IT. :mad:

Edit: this time last mission I did was not a 2k objective, it was a heroic worth 5k. About 3k points disappeared.

Edited by DeannaVoyager