Conquest Crafting Changes

ChrisSchmidt

This is the biggest Troll comment here.

It's not about getting 50k, it's about small guilds having the ability to get the medium or large yield conquest goals. Getting 50k isn't an issue, but if they want some decent conquest rewards they need to pull 2 mil or 5 mil. For a small guild that can actually be tedious without having access to crafting as it currently is.

I get that, you're speaking about guilds with 10-15 active people. Each without SH bonuses maybe getting 200-300k conquest over a week. The solution to this are simple: recruit, Give your community content worth logging in for, select a yield that reflects your actual play time, or all three at once. People in guilds of 5 or less active people looping a macro to make their 5 mil large yield goal frankly doesn't concern me, however, a cabal organizing fire teams of 10-15 botters to spike conquests over planets unfortunately could not be ignored.

Edited by Voriik

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been keeping an eye on the thread and have removed posts that violate our Rules of Conduct and/or forum guidelines. As a reminder, please do not call out other players/guilds as that creates a wave of negativity and toxicity. Please report them accordingly.

Spamming our forums and our channels is not permitted. We can take actions against your account should you spam or brigade our forums or support lines.

If you need to report a player or a guild, please use the appropriate process to do so. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/ and use the steps that can be found under the SWTOR platform. It is also important to include crucial info such as player name, guild name, screenshots or other media that shows Terms of Service and/or Rules of Conduct being broken.

And always, please remain civil here. Do not resort to insults, attacks, or any level of harassment. If you cannot remain civil, regardless of what your opinion on any topic is, we can move to sanction your account.

So the guilds, and guild masters who we've seen crowing about how they won, and have also seen how they have abused the guild system to get people to come in here, and cause trouble, will something be down about them? Or are these the people you (BW, CM's, etc, not you personally) listen too, and the rest are just background noise?

You know, its almost like it'd be really nice if we had content worth playing rather than downscaled and recycled content, which motivates people to complete the one thing worth doing in game the easiest and simplest way possible.

Not only do I have not all that much time to play; there is nothing in game truly worth doing.

I get that, you're speaking about guilds with 10-15 active people. Each without SH bonuses maybe getting 200-300k conquest over a week. The solution to this are simple: recruit, Give your community content worth logging in for, select a yield that reflects your actual play time, or all three at once. People in guilds of 5 or less active people looping a macro to make their 5 mil large yield goal frankly doesn't concern me, however, a cabal organizing fire teams of 10-15 botters to spike conquests over planets unfortunately could not be ignored.

10-15? Having 10-15 active players is a medium guild. A small guild is 1-7 players. Enough so they can't even run an Op without either short manning it, or pugging

Edit: Not everyone wants to be a part of a larger guild. I actually prefer small guilds. I've been in a large guild, and I felt like a number, not a member.

Edited by Toraak

10-15? Having 10-15 active players is a medium guild. A small guild is 1-7 players. Enough so they can't even run an Op without either short manning it, or pugging

Edit: Not everyone wants to be a part of a larger guild. I actually prefer small guilds. I've been in a large guild, and I felt like a number, not a member.

every one has their own opinion about guild sizes, personally a small guilds to me would be 7 to about 20, medium about 20 to 200 or so, large 200 to about 500, and mega, the rest. Of course, people will argue with that, but my opinion is just as valid as yours, and unless BW actually states what they consider a solid, 'cannon' size for guilds, people will still assert their own sizes.

As for the yields, there is no reason a small guild shouldn't get the large yield, it just takes team work, even with the infinite crafting removed, we still have the others. Personally, though, the other infinite should be removed too, or i9t just shows favouritism to s elect few, if only one group is targeted.

Edited by DarkTergon

I now what small guild do because i work together with 4 small guilds, NONE rely on crafting, rather on activities such as FPs , heroics, OPses and WZs. And when i started my guilds and revived mine a year ago i also didnt craft as a primary source for conquest, simple as that. And back in the day conquest was even more difficult.

You STILL get crafting conquest points after the changes so Your arguments are invalid.

II wuld even go as far and say that they can highten the conquest reward on a daily basis for crafting or even weekly, BUT doing it on infinity as it was is a bad idea and its good that its changed.

But again, why do You suggest that people are trolls because they disagree with You?

So you are doing conquest in 4 small guilds, great, but it's a ridicilously sample of all small guilds so it's obvious you are not talking for all of them. There are literally hundreds of small guilds on several servers, you don't get to dictate what they need and want to do for conquest. Their guilds, their paid subscription, their choice to do whatever they want to for conquest. Not yours.

Claiming people still get crafting points after the changes is a flat out lie.

The new points will be a joke, and no matter how many times you try to repeat the lie, doesn't make it true. Also just because you try to use a lie as an argument, doesn't make mine invalid. Do you even know what that means? My argument is based on facts, yours are made up.

I don't see the point in bringing up "downscaled and recycled content" in a conquest crafting changes thread. But i totally agree with you. With your last sentence i mean. "there is nothing in game truly worth doing".

Allow me to connect the dots for those who cannot see them.

Perhaps if there was something worth doing, people would be doing it and not spamming cq.

Edited by KendraP

Well this " press or church" have done a amazing job of information. Everyone has a right to be informed and have the opportunity to read what is going on. Especially newcomers. Do You think this forum belongs only to veteran players here?

"An amazing job of information" is... a point of view. Specially since a lot is based more on personal bias than any facts. I don't think the forum belongs to one person or another... BUT it is CLEAR that what is going on isn't players feeling like they have ownership of the space and engaging in discussion, but being pushed into acting a certain way by their guild leaders.

Again it is an amazing thing that the forums are posted and discussions are encouraged by enabling it trough other channels such as Discord. Why You have a problem with that is illogical. Just because You disagree with it doesn't mean other have to as well, and they didnt which is why those changes are being made.

Well, just because you think it is illogical, doesn't mean it is. I, for one, find it problematic the using of a "guild power structure" to push people into coming "make volume" in a thread.

In the last 5 days, I've gotten 7 pings related to coming into this thread to "support this decision", and that is just in ONE server. You can also find copies of other servers in which people even tell their players specifically what to say (and being rude to those disagreeing with it to boot!). Apart from that, there was game mail as well with a "Call for Justice", and game chat, and in general an ENORMOUS amount of peer pressure on players (and mostly NEW players) to COMFORM to what they see as acceptable opinions (Naturally, the pressure isn't exercised only on newcomers, but people who've been here a while tend to have their own opinions).

The problem in this is ZERO what their opinions are - it doesn't matter if their PoV is one I agree with or not, it's about the attitude, not the opinion (and I don't really care for crafting in itself) - it's ABSOLUTELY the behaviour of these people who call themselves "leaders" while behaving like bullies, demanding certain attitudes of their guild members and using social pressure to push their agenda further.

"The problem in this is ZERO what their opinions are - it doesn't matter if their PoV is one I agree with or not, it's about the attitude, not the opinion (and I don't really care for crafting in itself) - it's ABSOLUTELY the behaviour of these people who call themselves "leaders" while behaving like bullies, demanding certain attitudes of their guild members and using social pressure to push their agenda further.

This is what's infuriating to me, these leaders attempting to manipulate the narrative of a thread when these changes affect much more than their own guilds.

While i agree with what you wrote, i would like to point out, that strong guilds need strong leaders. And when someone is capable of manipulating the narrative of a thread, he should totally do it. He should only see, what is good for his guild. It does not matter if these changes affect much more than their own guild. How do i word it? I'm not a native speaker. But "me always first" sounds good. The greater good doesn't matter.

And, yet, here we are with all sorts of chaos kicking off entirely because of that view. With the greatest respect your view is not at all a healthy one to have for a MMO, and I for one am very glad that there are guilds out there that do the exact opposite, say by putting on server-wide events open to all.

every one has their own opinion about guild sizes, personally a small guilds to me would be 7 to about 20, medium about 20 to 200 or so, large 200 to about 500, and mega, the rest. Of course, people will argue with that, but my opinion is just as valid as yours, and unless BW actually states what they consider a solid, 'cannon' size for guilds, people will still assert their own sizes.

As for the yields, there is no reason a small guild shouldn't get the large yield, it just takes team work, even with the infinite crafting removed, we still have the others. Personally, though, the other infinite should be removed too, or i9t just shows favouritism to s elect few, if only one group is targeted.

Agree with you

Hmmmm!

Warning .. wall of text !

How to put this??

Let's see ... Just a few facts to review first.

** There has been several issues with crafting since the beginning 6.0. Those players who are crafters and participated in the PTS begged BW for a better approach in crafting.

Sooo I'm guessing this means crafters should continue to be held accountable for this latest round of difficulties ?? Seems logical! Well ... in their defense ... perhaps not !

** Crafting mats went up in cost right?? Cost everyone billions ?? Hmmm... Actually some of the mats dropped down to almost 1/10 of their previous cost until just a few weeks ago ( Solid resource matrix being one example). Sooo That "fact " .. um well maybe something else to look at! Some items went up .. the rest of the mats ... no!

** What happened ?? Someone was caught in the act of cheating !! Well we're not exactly sure about that either !! BUT it has been proven that it is possible! OK ! That makes sense! That needs to be dealt with. UNQUESTIONABLY !!

** Accountability ?? Well .. there again ! Not sure about that either. (drops subject quickly for a reason)

** Were there changes that really were needed. Go back to the first point in this ... crafters were not that ecstatic about the final "draft" on crafting to begin with ... sooo YES ! But as someone else has already pointed out ( and in excellent fashion I might add) .. a mouchette was used to do delicate surgery !! (NOT good )

** So why the fuss?

(A) the way it was handled (I can't and wont go into details)

(B) those who were (possibly) guilty of cheating in the first place may (or may not) even be dealt with

© the "final solution" hurts those who were totally innocent of any wrong doing but said solution WONT stop the type of cheating that was done !! (Those who actively resort to this sort of "play" will just find another resource for the same practice).

(D) and to be perfectly honest the final solution really does not address the real need of crafting receiving what many have ask for since 2019 in the PTS and MANY, MANY other threads directly related to CRAFTING.

Conclusion:

This "currently proposed solution" is ill-advised and will hurt more than just the innocent who just want to play the game and have fun. I know that it is a total shock to think that there are real actual people who just want to have fun and are not motivated by cheating or manipulation of public opinion or other "stuff" .. they just want to play the game !!! (Yeah !! Kind of weird !! Go figure !!)

Stop those that are cheating. Fix the game ... ALL OF IT !! This means a much more complex resolution that is in fact FAIR to everyone !!

The " current solution" is in no way appropriate to fix a much more complex issue.

Plea:

To the team !! The final solution will not be easy. Please give your final solution more thought and consideration. Please go back to some of those old threads if needed. Some of the ideas were VERY good and well thought out.

I personally understand that you will want to make crafting in the image that you see the way you see it !! That is as it should be.

EDIT: The following is a link to what has to be one of the BETTER recent posts on CQ's vs Guilds: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989139

Time ??

Yes it will take time. Yet there is something to be said about doing what is right !!

For me personally ??

The simple fact of the matter is IMO there are a number of things which have been pointing to a DOWNWARD spiral in a NUMBER of areas for some time now. (another topic for another time)..

This particular incident has produced a rather thick layer of icing on the preverbal cake ! I sincerely wish this were not the case!!

Therefore: as for me ... I will eat MY cake! (some of us can ... and will ) ;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I can agree with all you wrote. A well structured argumentation. In my opinion, these changes are the worst what happend to the game since KotFE crushed the raiding community. I will end my sub as well as many other players. But i don't understand this cake metaphor. Can you explain it to me?

The saying is actually :

You can't have your cake and eat it too. This is used to express that when there are two desirable but mutually exclusive or contradictory options, you can’t have both at the same time. Instead, you have to make a choice between them.

Some of us old folks (retired and such) sometimes find our solutions (though not what some might agree with) is to just simply "do it !"

I am Old ... And retired !! I also see a more direct solution to the issue. This does not mean that it's the easiest !! It is (without question) simply the right thing to do!! Doing the "right thing" seems to be a matter that has lost its place in the world today!!

But even still this old man will have his cake ... and eat it too !! (even if that doesn't seem possible ... trust me !! It IS)

:D:D:D

Edit ... the "icing on the cake" ... trust me! The right people know exactly what we are talking about ! ;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

How would this change will gonna affect the economy?

I heard one guy who deleted or modified his/her post talking about economy and how this would gonna affect it.

NO.

Daesh Cyber/Armormech/Armstech or Cell graphs are not components that someone would want in bulk. Those people who do CP from crafting tend to abuse those particulary component or the level 2 stims left in game since the lvl 1 were eliminated ( stims that could be used by biochem crafters with beta accounts only , stims that were crafted in pack of 6/7).

The economy of those components or stims to be affected is like saying that if you spit the ground you will gonna flood the world.

I feel bad for Jackie and the other mods, who have to delete all the insults coming from both sides of the argument, and both being toxic.

Much love and respect to the mods and devs who moderate the forums.

Suggestion

I do think perhaps you should also add all planets to conquest for each week, and have the same objectives to conquest each week, might give "smaller" guilds a better chance, getting to top 10, without crafting.

Edited by commanderwar

Small guilds shouldn't able to hit large yield, period. Which btw they can, easily, even with the changes.

Who are you to say what small guilds should be able to do?

Who put you in charge of what content they can play or is valid?

This is part of the problem and will continue to be a problem BioWare if you let these people dictate how we play the game or who is and isn’t allowed to do x.

I predicted these sorts of posts early in the thread. Now they are coming to fruition. I can only image what the coming year will be like if you keep capitulating to people with this attitude. You won’t have any causal or average players left.

And if that is your goal, fair enough. But how about a yellow post to tell us that is the direction you intend to take the game so the rest of us can decide if we want to adapt to your change in direction or if we want to find a more casual friendly game to play.

You don't know what people have crafted, so don't like to act like you do.

For example the only times I've crafted grade 1 components has been when I've been leveling up a crew skill. So accusing everyone only crafting low tier items ofr 400k cqp an hour is a LIE. Claiming every crafter in game uses macros to craft is a LIE. Calling crafters scumbags is a direct attack towards all crafters in game, and a clear violation to TOS.

What comes to guild sizes, you need four people to form a guild. BW thinks this is enough, but you know better than BW, huh? Here's news for you: You are not in a position to tell how many people is needed in guild to call it a guild. Because what's next...? All members in a guild need to be white male and have a correct sexual orientation, or it's not really a guild? Do you understand that it's NONE of your business what kind of guilds people form and maintain in the game?

Well said. I will add my 2 cents as well.

Most of my conquest crafting revolves around war supplies, invasion forces and dark projects. I do a small amount of crafting dyes, hilts and armoring on the side to make up the difference on some alts.

It takes a lot of mid-higher end crafting to do what I do to get conquest with crafting. I don’t spam grade 1,2 or even 3 mats. I don’t make consumables unless you mean dyes or dark projects.

On top of that, my wife and sister help me farm mats from grade 4 to grade 11. That takes a lot of work and credits, especially to make dark projects which have addition vendor mat costs over 300,000.

We are a small family guild (for reasons that are our own). We don’t recruit and most of the time there is no more than two to three of us. But we put in the time to grind conquest doing uprisings (which we won’t be able to do soon), heroics, story, and crafting. I have over 56 active alts I play every week. My wife and sister have over 30. We paid money to open up slots so we could have more.

We rarely go for the high yield because it a lot of hard work getting both our republic and imperial family guilds through. We mainly go for the medium yield. But occasionally we like the “option” to go for the large yield on one faction. Which depends on that weeks conquest activities, like when I can make repeatable dark projects in the one week out of 9 that it’s available, which by the way costs me 10s millions of credits at the vendors buying vendor mats and takes months of preparing mats and crafting mats to make war supplies, which in turn make invasion forces, which in turn make dark projects. That is a lot of time we put into being able to go after the large yield once every 3 months or more.

These changes will prevent us from ever doing that again or even make it viable to be worthwhile because I craft 2-3 hours a day while I’m GTN trading or playing space barbies or I’m just clicking away because I’m bored with the content.

You need 3 crafting professions maxed (but I have all) to make all the correct war supplies to make invasion forces.

War supplies don’t include grade 1-3 mats. Only grade 4 to grade 11 mats. They require 5 (or is it 6) different types of bonded base mats. Out of those, there you need totals of 4, 6, and 8 (in the case of grade 11) bonded base mats to make one war supplies. Then you need 5 different war supplies to make one invasion force. And that’s just to make one dark project that also requires a 260,000 credit vendor mat to make. You then need a minimum of 3-4 of those to trade a vendor to buy strong hold decorations, guild ship plans or companion instant 50 lvling (which also require 4.25 mil credits)

No I don’t make these to sell. I make them for myself and family to use. So I don’t recoup any of my costs from making these. But the saving grace is it allows us to participate in conquest and have fun. But all of that is going to be ripped away from us and others who play conquest this way.

While I can see there is a logical argument to nerf grade 1-3 repeatable crafting, there is no need to nerf grade 4-11 grade crafting. There is also definitely NOT a need to nerf war supplies, invasion forces or dark projects or repeatable material farming. These weren’t being abused and the longer time and credits it takes to do these would make it uneconomical to use to cheat.

Why can’t BioWare just nerf it for repeatable crafting on grade 1-3 and leave the rest alone. And even if the did feel they have to nerf it from grade 1-11, why in God’s name do they even need to touch war supplies, invasion forces, dark supplies or repeatable mat gathering when they weren’t being exploited.

This is mine and many other crafters issue with these changes. We are being shafted because a handful of fools did the wrong thing and a mob of others go about reporting these people the wrong way and BioWare over react in a knee jerk response.

Edit: and when I say going after the planets yield, wether it low medium or high, it’s not to win the planet because we have zero hope of ever doing that, we don’t even make it close to the bottom of the top 10 on the leaderboard. No, when I say go for the high yield, I mean just getting by and making 5 million points for large yield, which we’ve done twice. And some of the time we struggle to get 2 million for the medium yield. The low yield is easy, but rewards rubbish, so why would we even bother.

With these changes to crafting getting nuked, we will struggle every week now if we want to get mediums yield, let alone high yield.

Maybe BioWare should increase the rewards for low and medium yield to compensate us?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Wrong, I had it streamed to me in discord, I sent it to the devs. The dude was literally in the inner ring of people running this scam. He broke it all down for me including the math, which I broke down here in complete detail, and a ton of people here thought they could get the message censored with false reports. It failed. The proverbial black eyes I got in getting the message out there was alright though, thats what shock troops and real leaders do. They hit the barbed wire first.

More Misdirection, I see the fraud behind the giant Iron curtain. You may be low level, not in this inner cabal, or dangerously naive. Thats how any long running pyramid scheme works, or any other big, industrial level, orchestrated fraud, the top white collar criminals in any syndicate don't tell their minions all the ins and outs of how they're running their proverbial meth lab out of some supposed pharmaceutical company. Too many eyes ears and mouths, so they keep it under wraps. Time and time again though they all eventually learn there is NO HONOR among thieves. The dude got pissed off after asking questions and getting kicked from the guild, and they revealed to us just how some trash mats and a macro could put a guild up at 800 mil + conquest. I ain't pulling this out a rabbit hat buddy, I'd post it here in detail, but we all know you'd jump at reporting the post in the same breath you demand evidence. I didn't call crafters scumbags. Cheaters breaking TOS by botting are scumbags, no less so than people aimbotting headshots in FPS. I'll never kneel or back down to corruption.

Lmao, one extreme to the next. Why would you even go there? More misdirection, A guild is made up of PLAYERS, not one dude and his alts botting their way to massive rewards they can resell on the GTN for massive profits with little to no work. A small guild of 2-10 people that can't make large yield? Go small or medium instead. It's real simple.

Why do you keep disparaging normal players like everyone cheats on who crafts? Are you on a witch hunt to drive all crafters from the game or something?

Please stop

Why do you keep disparaging normal players like everyone cheats on who crafts? Are you on a witch hunt to drive all crafters from the game or something?

Please stop

I think the change is apropiate for the specific situation we got right now. So, it's not a secret that is the human desire to chose the easy way and cheat. Do you imagine how many people would start running macro if those objectives are not changed? So many people who seen those things and now you will not gonna have just few elites on the servers but a macro revolution as a result of the public info.

There is no way that those objectives shall stay infinite because that will surely inspire others to do the same. Beside those who already doing it ( and trust me , they are already enough ) would come plenty of other people who will gonna think or hear that the punishments are not exist or at not so bad.

In my opinion we all shall focus on starting a long term in-game campaign in order to explain the SWTOR players that cheating is wrong, is unacceptable , is bad and it will gonna be punished.

We , the guilds shall focus on other campaigns in the same time. We shall come with ideas to help Bioware be a bigger thing, ideas to increase the population and economy.

Edited by corsacalin

I think the change is apropiate for the specific situation we got right now. So, it's not a secret that is the human desire to chose the easy way and cheat. Do you imagine how many people would start running macro if those objectives are not changed? So many people who seen those things and now you will not gonna have just few elites on the servers but a macro revolution as a result of the public info.

There is no way that those objectives shall stay infinite because that will surely inspire others to do the same. Beside those who already doing it ( and trust me , they are already enough ) would come plenty of other people who will gonna think or hear that the punishments are not exist or at not so bad.

In my opinion we all shall focus on starting a long term in-game campaign in order to explain the SWTOR players that cheating is wrong, is unacceptable , is bad and it will gonna be punished.

We , the guilds shall focus on other campaigns in the same time. We shall come with ideas to help Bioware be a bigger thing, ideas to increase the population and economy.

If you're "macro'ing" war supplies, that's a terrible argument. Those don't pop off instantly

Edited by Sattee

That doesn’t explain away you disparaging legitimate people on these forums as cheats because they craft or disagree with you. You are trying to tar us as ALL cheats when in fact it was a small number (apparently).

If you want to talk from the moral high ground about cheating, maybe don’t attack those that have done nothing wrong. And while you are at it, don’t act like you are in charge of deciding which way the developers should turn or make changes.

There is no reason for what you are doing, except to bully people who disagree with you, which is what you are trying to do, Please stop.

You are also undermining your own position and your guilds efforts by continuing to do this. All it is showing is you guys are trying to manipulate the developers and games population for your own self gains. We’ve seen the removed links that showed the social media and undercover cabal you have running to spam the forums and discredit anyone who disagrees with you. If anyone is being dishonest in all of this it is you guys. (I took screen shots for prosperity, so don’t think they’ve disappeared because they were taken down)

Please stop harassing posters who disagree with you, both here and in other social media (which is worse because you guys seem to control all of it and innocent peoples reputations are being tarnished by your bullying and vitriol). What will you do when you push someone over the edge with your bullying? How many have you already done that too? How will you feel if someone takes their own life because of internet bullies like you?

Maybe it’s time for your guild leaders, if they say they care about the game and have any morals, to step in here and tell people like you to cut it out because you are hurting your own guilds reputations and you’ve destroyed any moral high ground you may have once had.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Stay calm, you don't need to post like that, hot heads don't win. Stop, put forth the facts, and the facts are that crafting is omg terrible(meaning it takes forever). Don't sink to that level. Stay on point.

slow your roll, and I love Everyone

Edited by Sattee