Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

Havoc,

When the changes are made (which I've played, though they may do more in the next patch), you have to still remember...Rass Ordo is dumber than a Rancor.

If I think what you are saying about the wave of enemies is correct, I think you mean the room after the Chef Droid where Rass tends to wander and inadvertently pull extra mobs.

Why does Rand wander? Because he is an idiot and has been hit too hard on his helm. :rak_01:

Point being: Even with the proposed changes of Rass going to Influence Level 25 and curtailing of certain boss abilities and HP, you will still have to deal with the undeniable fact that Rass Ordo isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Solution: In that room with the wave of mobs, pull one group of mobs back into the kitchen so Rass doesn't wander.

Frankly, I think that is Bioware's way of testing us a bit, b/c it requires us to be more situationally aware. FYI, you will have to be EXTREMELY aware situationally on the last fight when the snipers appear.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Agreed. It's overtuned, it's buggy, etc. Rass's Influence Rank is a problem *because* it's overtuned, and it's intensely disappointing that when they said they fixed his rank, it didn't seem to affect the actual game.

And yeah, the Command stim (I tend to call it "Presence", but its proper name is "Command", as you say) is really useful here, equivalent to +5 Influence ranks...

Two thumbs ups for these ... pretty well sums it up !!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. I've made comments about this FP based on how playing it in Story and Master modes felt, but I wanted to actually have some hard numbers to judge the situation by. I've yet to check in Master, it's not popped for me since I decided to do this, but I think comparing Story with Veteran is already pretty telling.

(I have not played the story-solo mode, or whatever it's called when you do it as part of the ongoing story, but I'm operating under the assumption that the enemies in there are the same as in the version on the solo tab. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Most bosses in the flashpoint have 575k HP on Story and 3.1m on Veteran. The final boss has 1m on Story and 4.8m on Veteran.. so.. roughly five times more HP for Veteran bosses (I forgot to check HP for bonus boss on Vet).

I wanted that as a reference, though I did not feel that boss health was a problem at all. My feeling was that it was the trash that was the problem, because of how much longer it took me to churn through trash on Story than with groups on other modes, combined with the fact that the bosses people seem to struggle with most are the ones surrounded by trash.

Now.. I was making this nice list of HP values for trash enemies I encountered in Story mode, and then I went into Veteran with a friend so I could take my time checking them there.. except.. it didn't take me long to figure out that they were all exactly the same. Story trash has exactly the same health as Veteran trash, while the bosses have roughly a fifth of the health.

It seems to me like they forgot to scale them down.

Now.. I was making this nice list of HP values for trash enemies I encountered in Story mode, and then I went into Veteran with a friend so I could take my time checking them there.. except.. it didn't take me long to figure out that they were all exactly the same. Story trash has exactly the same health as Veteran trash, while the bosses have roughly a fifth of the health.

It seems to me like they forgot to scale them down.

This isn’t anything new. You’ll find it’s like that in many flash points, it’s why trash mobs are more likely to overwhelm you and kill you instead of boss fights.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The comp level is still bugged after 2 months.

Solo story mode is still too much for people who only play story mode.

Not everyone has a legacy bank full of spare 306 gear to put on every toon because:

Not everyone wants to join a guild. It should not be mandatory to finish a story. No exp boost for extra crates.

Not everyone plays beyond the main "purple" story. You only got a piece or two, not a whole set of gears at a time.

Those people will only have mismatched low level gears and most likely won't have useful tactical and augment either. And that's normal. They shouldn't be punished because they only want to play the story.

If they made a SOLO STORY MODE, they should make it so that SOLO STORY PLAYERS can go through it. Simple as that.

In fact, we've already seen many players who want to experience the story content having trouble with story mode SoV but we see little trouble regarding story mode Echos of Oblivion even though the big fights in Echos are more complex. It is obvious that SoV needed to be fixed.

This isn’t anything new. You’ll find it’s like that in many flash points, it’s why trash mobs are more likely to overwhelm you and kill you instead of boss fights.

Err.. no.. that's not normal at all? I mean, what are you talking about? Strength of trash or relative strength of trash? There is not a single other Story mode where the trash is the same as in Veteran mode, not one. Many even have lower 'classes', like Elites instead of Champions or Strongs instead of elites.

In Spirit they're not similar, not 'also kinda strong', they are exactly the same as in Veteran, and that is not normal, and explains the discrepancy between this FP and others quite well.

Edit: Random example. Very first Strong enemy on Umbara Story has 10k hp. That same one on Umbara Vet has 85k hp.

Edit2: I was getting so frustrated with trying to figure out how to respond to a factually incorrect post without resorting to unsupported claims myself and without going by every Story and Veteran FP to gather evidence, which I did not at all feel like doing, that I maybe came on a little too strongly there, removing that.

Edited by cyrusramsey

I want my money back. the game is a scam.

I subscribed thinking I would be able to play the game: This is a stupid statement but true, it is implicit, you subscribe to a game because your want to play it, and you expect to be able to do so.

As it stands, I cannot play the game anymore because of this quest, if they're going to make a super hard quest they shouldn't gate the story behind it, it should be a side mission or something like that.

I want my money back. the game is a scam.

I subscribed thinking I would be able to play the game: This is a stupid statement but true, it is implicit, you subscribe to a game because your want to play it, and you expect to be able to do so.

As it stands, I cannot play the game anymore because of this quest, if they're going to make a super hard quest they shouldn't gate the story behind it, it should be a side mission or something like that.

Calm down.

You can definitely continue to play the game. There are 8 class stories, expansions, and a number of side activities. You can play 3 different roles which play differently based on Burst/Sustained DPS, Ranged vs melee (instant vs DoT) DPS, reactive vs proactive (HoT) heals, 2 types of tanks; not to mention Uprisings, FPs, Operations, Heroics, Planet Bonus Series...Huge amount of content to play. This week you can do the Rakghoul event. Go defeat Eyeless in 16 man HM for fun. Or do the Heroic in the Rakghoul tunnels - it'll show you what challenging and fun content looks like, if you try to PUG it.

There is no story gated behind the FP. Literally. The FP is the last thing currently available.

If you want to stop with the drama and actually want to finish the FP, start by specifying your Discipline, your gear level, and your (subjective description of) experience and expertise with the character's Discipline. Somebody will have helpful tips for you.

Don't get me wrong. I believe the solo/story mode is a bit on the overtuned side. See this post of mine, for example. That doesn't justify overreaction.

• 1 month later...

Not going to complain as I'm fine completing this flashpoint but I can see how that can be a problem to some people especially the newer players.

I am getting close to 100% flashpoints achievement and I have been working lately on the 25 story/veteran runs that I never cared about, running story on my own. You can definitely tell the difference between Nathema for instance where in story mode many trash groups have been removed from the way to make it faster and the remaining ones are mainly weak mobs and SoV on the other hand where trash is mainly composed of several strong mobs with high HP and they're all here.

I remember when I ran the Onslaught solo-story FPs the first time and litterally rolled over everything... as a healer. SoV is a slog, too many trash taking forever to go through.

Edited by demotivator

Returning player here....i think its been mid 2019 since i was around here last. All the symptoms with it...lost muscle memory, fat fingering all the wrong abilities, under geared, bla bla.

Well, this is some assuring news. Ill look at it as a challenge when i get there i guess. I remember back when folks complained about how hard star fortresses were...especially the voss one. I never had an issue with it as a deception sin.

I guess we shall see how this is going to pan out. :)

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I might get in to trouble for this, but **** it. I haven't had a good warning in a while ;)

Ignore the trolls, there's always going to be people who blame you, and say it's a LTP crap. It's not. There are some really decent players on the forum who completed it, and have admitted that it is harder than it should be, and still 'broken'. It's not your standard solo mission. As it stands, you probably need 306, but unless you are used to solo'ing vet stuff, or more, I'd probably stay away from it till it has been balanced for solo content. On a stealth char, mobs popped up from no where, stealth became useless, etc. On a non stealth char, you are going to have twice, if not three times as many mobs.

I had the comp on level 25, (as I tried the first day) and even then he's not great. I would have preferred either my shae, or zoom, as both are 50, and kick *** quite well. Best answer, unless you really, really, really NEED to do it, wait till it's balanced, the rewards aren't even that great, one lousy deco for 3 big bosses :/

I did it for the first time last night. Died a couple of times but got through it on my sent. I wouldn't consider myself to be some amazing player or even remotely anything like it.

Know where the heals are at and run near them.

Take out the snipers first, they do the most dam but are squishy.

Use some crowd control.

Pick up a defense stim from the med droid right there.

FP done.

I did it for the first time last night. Died a couple of times but got through it on my sent. I wouldn't consider myself to be some amazing player or even remotely anything like it.

Know where the heals are at and run near them.

Take out the snipers first, they do the most dam but are squishy.

Use some crowd control.

Pick up a defense stim from the med droid right there.

FP done.

Pretty much !

IMO it's still not the difficulty level that's causing the trouble!! The FP is still plagued with a bad case of BUGS !!

Some of the BUGS have been dealt with in this FP BUT there are some others that have cropped up !!

Please read this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=991237

I still stand by the facts and information that Dasty and several of us who have ran this several times now !!

I know that this is being read ... AND I know that the team as much as the players all HATE BUGS !! Those stupid things are killing this FP !!

Pretty much !

IMO it's still not the difficulty level that's causing the trouble!! The FP is still plagued with a bad case of BUGS !!

Some of the BUGS have been dealt with in this FP BUT there are some others that have cropped up !!

Please read this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=991237

I still stand by the facts and information that Dasty and several of us who have ran this several times now !!

I know that this is being read ... AND I know that the team as much as the players all HATE BUGS !! Those stupid things are killing this FP !!

Well that and the fact that its quite possibly the most boring flashpoint I've ever done. I cringe at having to do it again on other characters to progress them. 1 million npcs standing on the spot in halls to mow through. Yawn objectives. Yawn bosses. Cringe writing/VA work. It's like they totally forgot any kind of creativity on this one. The mando boss womans voice sounded more like it belonged in a tellie tubbies cartoon then on a serious mando char, first time ever I've not liked a voice Jennifer Hale has done. The only interesting part was the last 2 seconds of the last cutscene.

Edited by Suzsi

Well that and the fact that its quite possibly the most boring flashpoint I've ever done. I cringe at having to do it again on other characters to progress them. 1 million npcs standing on the spot in halls to mow through. Yawn objectives. Yawn bosses. Cringe writing/VA work. It's like they totally forgot any kind of creativity on this one. The mando boss womans voice sounded more like it belonged in a tellie tubbies cartoon then on a serious mando char, first time ever I've not liked a voice Jennifer Hale has done. The only interesting part was the last 2 seconds of the last cutscene.

I kind of disagree about the story side on this one !!

** It does add to the next step in progression of where the Mandos are going !! (should be interesting).

** I do agree that the VA was somewhat (hmmm ) ... well maybe a little our of place ... maybe. It's not bad acting .. Just different than what I would have done !!

BUT there again .. I'm not on staff !! Sooo that's not up to me !!

( I can almost hear Charles in the back ground after reading the part about me not on staff ... shouting " HALLELUJAH !!!" ) :D

Final note: ... I do think over the story part is good !! They just really need to get to the bottom of what is wreaking havoc with the FP and creating so many BUGS !

nothing new or original to add, but having finally seen the thing...

I actually died twice in story mode. it is definitely harder than any story mode FP I've ever encountered. I understand how SM folks are upset. BW has conditioned players to expect /faceroll solo SM content.

To be fair, I was only in augmented 258s itemized for pvp from before tacticals (2019ish). And the deaths were my fault. I just wasn't paying attention to my health b/c I was in story mode. lul

just to give a sense for how much trash was in each pull, though, I cycled through reactive shield twice (with reduced CD, or course). that's unheard of for silver trash in any version of the game that I can remember.

But there is no doubt that this FP comes with HUGE trash pulls. 5 or 6 silver plates and a few weak enemy healers. Doing it without your 50 affection healer might also add to the drama? iunno.

The cut scene before the final set(s) of trash reset, and I had to pull one set of trash twice. I got nervous at first that I was going to have to reset the whole instance. (yikes!)

I kind of disagree about the story side on this one !!

** It does add to the next step in progression of where the Mandos are going !! (should be interesting).

** I do agree that the VA was somewhat (hmmm ) ... well maybe a little our of place ... maybe. It's not bad acting .. Just different than what I would have done !!

BUT there again .. I'm not on staff !! Sooo that's not up to me !!

( I can almost hear Charles in the back ground after reading the part about me not on staff ... shouting " HALLELUJAH !!!" ) :D

Final note: ... I do think over the story part is good !! They just really need to get to the bottom of what is wreaking havoc with the FP and creating so many BUGS !

That was the last 2 seconds I was referring to. That part was interesting and I hope involves Torian for my BH along the way. The rest of inside the FP was underwhelming at best, downright boring mostly. Even the mando follower barely spoke and when he did he put me to sleep. Not even close to the usual level they put into story flashpoints.

The chiss flashpoint takes as long but was far more interesting. NPCs spoke on comms the whole time giving bonus objectives or talking you through puzzles. Raina offered conversation. There were news reports to listen to. Place was hopping.

I have an entire alliance but was alone with strangers who barely spoke, mowing a million silver npcs to cut two? Couplings. That was it. Whaaaat. Worst part new content for other characters is now gated behind a 3hr boring as heck FP.

Edited by Suzsi

That was the last 2 seconds I was referring to. That part was interesting and I hope involves Torian for my BH along the way. The rest of inside the FP was underwhelming at best, downright boring mostly. Even the mando follower barely spoke and when he did he put me to sleep. Not even close to the usual level they put into story flashpoints.

The chiss flashpoint takes as long but was far more interesting. NPCs spoke on comms the whole time giving bonus objectives or talking you through puzzles. Raina offered conversation. There were news reports to listen to. Place was hopping.

I have an entire alliance but was alone with strangers who barely spoke, mowing a million silver npcs to cut two? Couplings. That was it. Whaaaat. Worst part new content for other characters is now gated behind a 3hr boring as heck FP.

** I agree that there needs to be more VA .. activities ( including companions we already have .. but that's another subject for another time )

** I also agree that it was a bad idea for Shae to try to solve this more on her own with less back up than what was utilized. There was unquestionably a piece of the puzzle missing for that part of the decision making process. BUT IMO this was done in order to facilitate the fact that only a few VA's were going to be used with only a minimum of "air time" being actually used !!

** I also agree that I liked the "Traitor Among the Chiss". There was a LOT there. The newer FP's ... stories / content is simply getting shorter and shorter ... and (in some cases) non-existent !!

** Yet over all .. I still like this one !! Yes .. it could have been a lot better in some regards. Yet remember BW is still dealing with the whole covid pandemic thing which has hindered the entire entertainment industry in a major way. IMO this could have easily been the reason for lack of VA's or the limited time in which they were "in script" .

In any case ... hopefully this whole pandemic thing will wind down soon as many places are now starting to relax some of the restrictions (including the entire state of Texas where BW, Austin is located) .

Not forgetting where this started: So much of how "difficult" the game is and the overall frustrations still seem to stim from the initial release of the FP. It still has issues. Those issues need to be addressed. When looking forward to NEW material and NEW releases for FP's ... hopefully some valuable lessons have been learned and we'll all see a better one in the future (keeping in mind that some of the older FP's have been done VERY well ).

Edited by OlBuzzard

after taking everyones suggestions and getting my gear to atleast 300 i finally beat it now im a fully 306 fully geared with the fearless of decent set and most of everything i have equipped is fully augmented it seems vet mode sov is easier that solo mode for some reason with two people a 2 comps in group.

I might as well ask this even if this is a stupid question. Anyone know if this HAS to be completed in order to do the upcoming 6.3 stories regarding malgus and the dantooine temple? I know you don't get the Zenith cue unless you did this but not sure if it was necessarily related.

It is kind of rough getting nine alts through this so i was almost wondering if this big mandalorian story might just be one big challenging side chain just like the Shroud arc was.

Too hard ?? Too easy??

This has cropped up in more than one thread. Not just about SoV ... but other parts of the game as well.

IMO .. here is something (posted by me in another thread) that might help:

Solo options:

** Story mode (pretty much self explanatory)

** Veteran mode (the next step up) ... It's a little more challenging

** Master mode ( much more difficult .. playable by "solo" players ... and yet quite a challenge)

Groups Options: would have the same instances available.

** Story mode (same as above ... but some groups might want to do this. Particularly noob groups)

** Veteran mode ( same as above .. the next step up .. more difficult)

** Master mode: REQUIRES all three : Tank / DPS / Healer

The foundation has already been laid for some time now. Just needs a bit more work and it would work. IMO upon entering the instance the number of players; TOTAL i-rating of group and other pertinent data and the right number / scale of mobs be made available.

Just another thought. I know ... some would argue that everyone just needs to learn to play the game! Things have changed in the MMO world tremendously in the last 5 years or so! I'm just looking for a solution !

I might as well ask this even if this is a stupid question. Anyone know if this HAS to be completed in order to do the upcoming 6.3 stories regarding malgus and the dantooine temple? I know you don't get the Zenith cue unless you did this but not sure if it was necessarily related.

It is kind of rough getting nine alts through this so i was almost wondering if this big mandalorian story might just be one big challenging side chain just like the Shroud arc was.

I would assume you won’t be able to skip because you don’t get the latest small story cutscene unless you’ve done SOV.

Also assuming this is similar to how chapters were in KOTET/KOTFE and this is how story content will be continued to be added. Therefore all 6.0-6.x story content will be packaged together as one story arc. The shroud was a special “incentive” chapter to get people to sub longer and was packaged as such. SOV hasn’t “yet” been packaged as seperate.

So taking those two points together, you can assume that because SOV is not even 6 months old yet and is the latest story content, that Bioware won’t allow you to skip it until the whole story has panned out. I am assuming this content won’t be skippable until 7.0 is released.

Also, have you not already run KOTET/KOTFE on those 9 Alts? It’s no different in that regard.

I would assume you won’t be able to skip because you don’t get the latest small story cutscene unless you’ve done SOV.

Also assuming this is similar to how chapters were in KOTET/KOTFE and this is how story content will be continued to be added. Therefore all 6.0-6.x story content will be packaged together as one story arc. The shroud was a special “incentive” chapter to get people to sub longer and was packaged as such. SOV hasn’t “yet” been packaged as seperate.

So taking those two points together, you can assume that because SOV is not even 6 months old yet and is the latest story content, that Bioware won’t allow you to skip it until the whole story has panned out. I am assuming this content won’t be skippable until 7.0 is released.

Also, have you not already run KOTET/KOTFE on those 9 Alts? It’s no different in that regard.

KOTFE and KOTET are fun, unlike this flashpoint.

meh. once was more than enough. I know they're trying since the valkorian crap where everyone did the same exact story line, but the xpacks feel more and more homogenized regarding what you do regardless of class/faction.

Yeah, maybe the first 2-4 times they were. But it was exactly the same every time after that and the time to complete was huge compared to doing this one flash point.

Personally, I like this flash point. I’ve been lucky in that I’ve had no bugs or problems, so that probably helps with my impression of it. I’m sure if I’d encountered the bugs that other people have, I’d be dreading doing it too.

Goes to show that first (2nd/3rd) impressions count. Which is why Bioware should stop rushing to launching sub par content till its perfect. The live servers shouldn’t be used for beta testing, that’s what the PTS is for.

I think half of the issues with low population in this game are due to the perception that it’s all ways buggy, especially when they add new content or change a feature. That is something that’s been totally within Bioware’s control over the years.

Of course sometimes things go wrong (we accept that), but it’s become a given that every time Bioware do a patch it will have more bugs. Even the bugs patch had more bugs than what it “seemed” to fix (I honestly don’t if it did or didn’t). The sad reality is even if they turn this around and have no bugs for the next 6-12 months, the damage has already been done and it’s compounded every time a new patch with bugs is released.