Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

That's correct, and the "probably" isn't necessary - that's definitely when it happened. I remember that that decision generated some ... adverse comment, let's say, at the time.

Well at least for Umbara and Nathema it kinda made sense as Lana and Theron were both there for the most part.

Maybe they could find a way to let us use a companion of our choice as the silent "god bot", and keep the "mandatory companion" as is, even at lvl 1.

Or to let us use a companion of our choice as the regular companion, even if they don't speak during cutscenes, and use the "mandatory companion" as the "god bot".

I'd honnestly pick one of my companions over the god bot (even in the base game if it was possible, idc if they don't speak, but that would be visually better imo and kinda more logical than that random droid)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one took me a few tries on my BH (Pet was on heal mode). Then I got it and it felt easy. 5 guys spawn, officer and two commandos by the door, and the other two. Kill the officer first, then the other two, leaving the commandos till last. Maybe it was just luck, haven't had a chance to try it again.

Well at least for Umbara and Nathema it kinda made sense as Lana and Theron were both there for the most part.

Maybe they could find a way to let us use a companion of our choice as the silent "god bot", and keep the "mandatory companion" as is, even at lvl 1.

Or to let us use a companion of our choice as the regular companion, even if they don't speak during cutscenes, and use the "mandatory companion" as the "god bot".

I'd honnestly pick one of my companions over the god bot (even in the base game if it was possible, idc if they don't speak, but that would be visually better imo and kinda more logical than that random droid)

Yeah ... me too IF we need more than one companion ... then so be it! It's not like we don't have plenty to select from ! We could choose one ranged .. the other melee if we so desired !

(Edited)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I finally finished it but it was hard on Solo-Story with a gear level of 284. I think the big problem was that the healing pet gets overwhelmed and I had to click on the the kolto multiple times to get it to trigger. Not fun when I was down to 10% health.

I think we need the combat droid or a second companion in story mode. A lot of us want to see the story, not beat our heads against a brick wall. Not looking forward to doing this on my alts.

I'm shooting for 306 which I'm sure may end up over kill

Actually .. I've ran it with 306. It's not over kill. BUT due to the afore bugs mentioned regarding the companion that does make the entire run a bit more tedious.

IMO there is no need to redo the FP or rewrite which companions are used. The bugs simply need to be squashed !

This would be great indeed, also from a RP perspective (more logical to have a friendly companion joining the fight that some magical bot sent by god)

I think it is important to distinguish b/t three analytically distinct categories when discussing Spirit of Vengeance (SoV).

1) Bugs or as Ol' Buzzie would say: BUGS! :rak_03:

To the best of my knowledge, there are two types of bugs in SoV: 1) Inability to proceed after Cut-Scenes; and 2) Inability to target certain mobs, which keeps you in combat and therefore prevents progression. I think (hope) we're all in uniform agreement those need to be addressed.

For the Cut-Scene bugs, I've found that, since patch 6.2a, I can log out, which then places my character back on Odessan. Upon re-entering the FP, I'm at the right place. I haven't encountered the 'inability to target mobs' bug so can't comment on that in a meaningful way.

For Escape the Trap, where you drop down to the Tentacle room, I don't think I've ever had Rass Ordo appear with me. I just assumed that was by design. Hasn't been an issue for me, particularly since there is a Kolto Tank on the landing ramp.

2) Difficulty

Once you learn which bad folks are healers, it becomes much easier. It becomes much, much easier when Rass Ordo is Influence Level 25 and the boss changes that were supposed to apply to all characters in 6.2a take effect.

To wit: I ran the FP on December 15, right after patch deployment on a Sniper who had not been there previously. She was extremely well-geared and got through it, but it was a bit tedious. A few hours later I ran it on a Shadow Tank who had bugged out prior to the patch. I was so stunned by the ease that I checked on Rass, etc., particularly given that (obviously) the DPS on the tank was lower. Lo and behold, on the Shadow Tank, Rass was Influence Level 25. On my Sniper, Rass was still Influence Level 1.

Point being: There is a <<insert Kira's voice>> HUGGGEEEE difference b/t the two versions.

As an aside, you still have to deal w/ Rass Ordo's stupidity. Let's be honest, there isn't a lot going on inside that helmet. I doubt you will ever hear: "And the Galactic Prize in Astrophysics goes to...Rass Ordo!"

Anyhoo, back to business. In the room beyond the Chef Droid (in its adorable hat), Rass tends to wander and pull the side groups. My solution is to pull first group back into kitchen. On last boss, Heta Kol, when the Snipers appear, if he is in healing mode, he stands smack in the middle of the room w/ a big neon sign above him saying, "Please shoot me!"

I have always done Ol' Buzzie's tactic of immediately grabbing aggro on the Snipers, but I'll try Snodroc's method too. Kinda cool that both methods can work. My personal guess is that it depends on your DPS and how fast you can take second spawn on other side of room.

3) Tedium

I'm certain all of you recall my brilliant post when Traitors Among the Chiss (TAtC) was released. <<sips martini>>

In that brilliant post, I discussed how TAtC was beautiful and engaging, but tiresome for two reasons: 1) Bosses were Hit Point (HP) sponges and; 2) the trash was too prevalent (not to mention annoying w/ "For House Inrokini!"). Naturally, given the brilliance of that post, BW took action. They should do the same (partially) here with respect to SoV.

In the case of SoV, I think the bosses are just fine when properly patched. The problem is the amount of annoying trash. When I made my brilliant post about TAtC, the usual suspects came out and decried me for wanting to nerf the FP. That view, of course, was incorrect. Here's why...

There is a distinction b/t difficulty and slog, walking through treacle, listening to Momi Andrell drone on about Shanjaru rights on Nar Shadaa, etc. Flashpoints always need to balance trash vs. bosses. Right now, I feel there is too much annoying trash in SoV and, Gurrrlllllll, it needs to be taken out to the curb. Not all of it, but some. Again, this is not a cry for nerf. But just as we all did multiplication tables ad nauseum in elementary / primary school, we get tired of fighting the same trash group of mobs for the nth time.

Bottom line: The patch changes are great when implemented correctly, but the issue of annoying trash remains.

That is all, <<has another sip>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

P.S. I'm going to lobby Bioware that the next expansion is Colicoid Bug-based just to piss off Ol Buzzie. :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

I think it is important to distinguish b/t three analytically distinct categories when discussing Spirit of Vengeance (SoV).

1) Bugs or as Ol' Buzzie would say: BUGS! :rak_03:

To the best of my knowledge, there are two types of bugs in SoV: 1) Inability to proceed after Cut-Scenes; and 2) Inability to target certain mobs, which keeps you in combat and therefore prevents progression. I think (hope) we're all in uniform agreement those need to be addressed.

For the Cut-Scene bugs, I've found that, since patch 6.2a, I can log out, which then places my character back on Odessan. Upon re-entering the FP, I'm at the right place. I haven't encountered the 'inability to target mobs' bug so can't comment on that in a meaningful way.

For Escape the Trap, where you drop down to the Tentacle room, I don't think I've ever had Rass Ordo appear with me. I just assumed that was by design. Hasn't been an issue for me, particularly since there is a Kolto Tank on the landing ramp.

Yup !! Pretty much right on ! ALSO: the companion ... not at the correct level ???

[Edit]

As mentioned by someone else ... confirmed that the companion is still at lvl 1 even after the last "update".

2) Difficulty

Once you learn which bad folks are healers, it becomes much easier. It becomes much, much easier when Rass Ordo is Influence Level 25 and the boss changes that were supposed to apply to all characters in 6.2a take effect.

To wit: I ran the FP on December 15, right after patch deployment on a Sniper who had not been there previously. She was extremely well-geared and got through it, but it was a bit tedious. A few hours later I ran it on a Shadow Tank who had bugged out prior to the patch. I was so stunned by the ease that I checked on Rass, etc., particularly given that (obviously) the DPS on the tank was lower. Lo and behold, on the Shadow Tank, Rass was Influence Level 25. On my Sniper, Rass was still Influence Level 1.

Point being: There is a <<insert Kira's voice>> HUGGGEEEE difference b/t the two versions.

As an aside, you still have to deal w/ Rass Ordo's stupidity. Let's be honest, there isn't a lot going on inside that helmet. I doubt you will ever hear: "And the Galactic Prize in Astrophysics goes to...Rass Ordo!" The good news is: At the end of the FP, he takes his helmet off. He's smoking hot! He's so good looking I forgot he's not the sharpest Mandalorian in the shed.

Anyhoo, back to business. In the room beyond the Chef Droid (in its adorable hat), Rass tends to wander and pull the side groups. My solution is to pull first group back into kitchen. On last boss, Heta Kol, when the Snipers appear, if he is in healing mode, he stands smack in the middle of the room w/ a big neon sign above him saying, "Please shoot me!"

I have always done Ol' Buzzie's tactic of immediately grabbing aggro on the Snipers, but I'll try Snodroc's method too. Kinda cool that both methods can work. My personal guess is that it depends on your DPS and how fast you can take second spawn on other side of room.

Also agreed !! I've kind of thought about that post a bit. Seems like the important thing is to take out one of those two groups ASAP ! Don't "spread" the attacks around so much! Hitting the two snipers did , however, seem to be more affective. The two times that I did get taken out was both by sniper fire !! ( Yes I did take the time to read the damage report)

3) Tedium

I'm certain all of you recall my brilliant post when Traitors Among the Chiss (TAtC) was released. <<sips martini>>

In that brilliant post, I discussed how TAtC was beautiful and engaging, but tiresome for two reasons: 1) Bosses were Hit Point (HP) sponges and; 2) the trash was too prevalent (not to mention annoying w/ "For House Inrokini!"). Naturally, given the brilliance of that post, BW took action. They should do the same (partially) here with respect to SoV.

In the case of SoV, I think the bosses are just fine when properly patched. The problem is the amount of annoying trash. When I made my brilliant post about TAtC, the usual suspects came out and decried me for wanting to nerf the FP. That view, of course, was incorrect. Here's why...

There is a distinction b/t difficulty and slog, walking through treacle, listening to Momi Andrell drone on about Shanjaru rights on Nar Shadaa, etc...

Flashpoints always need to balance trash vs. bosses. Right now, I feel there is too much annoying trash in SoV and, Gurrrlllllll, it needs to be taken out to the curb. Not all of it, but some. Again, this is not a cry for nerf. But just as we all did multiplication tables ad nauseum in elementary / primary school, we get tired of fighting the same trash group of mobs for the nth time.

Bottom line: The patch changes are great when implemented correctly, but the issue of annoying trash remains.

Actually I don't mind the trash so much in this one (remembers all of the sky troopers ... ugh). In fact I go through the entire area taking out everything I can (bonus points ??) . In fact .. I'm just currious if anyone knows how to get past that pile of rubble that blocks a cat walk going to an upper level (sorry can't remember the exact name for the location) ... there are several enemy mobs that need my attention the next trip I take through there.

That is all, <<has another sip>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

P.S. I'm going to lobby Bioware that the next expansion is Colicoid Bug-based just to piss off Ol Buzzie. :rak_03:

You wouldn't ... would you ?? :eek::eek::eek:

[stops and thinks for about 2 seconds]

YEAH !! You WOULD !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

You can always dismiss the droid and play without it.

The problem is, you need the Droid in Story Mode. Without the droid it is to hard. The FPs are designed like that.

With the new Story FPs it is different. They are designed to do them Solo with one comapnion.

Edited by Schlumpfine

I don't know if you are being serious or not...... this solo mode fp, is harder than the normal solo mode, and has been proven so by many people. If they need a bot in any fp, it's the last 3/4. All other fp's can be completed without the bot.

The only old Story FPs i can do without the Droid are Black talon and Esseles.

But i have done the spirit of Vengeance FP in Story Mode 20 times now with different classes. I only died with my Assasin because i have no clue how to play Assasins. After three tries I made it anyway

Edited by Schlumpfine

Not sure why the commotion?? I know I have only done it 4 times, 2 on guardian tank, 2 on vengeance juggernaut. As early as the firrst day it came out, and as late as 3 days ago. And none of them is over 280 rating. I cant see why people struggle. The only time I got into trouble, was because I space bared at the wrong time. A few tight fights yes, but I like it that way, more fun than many other flash points were the boss fights "auto complete" for you when park your toon near the boss and goes for coffee.

To be honest, I think that this, and other simular "bu huu" threads, are the result of level sync and players with gratification issues, as well as no patience. Cooldowns are the key to this fp, and yes I know they take time to get off cooldown once used, but players would/should know that if they had to play their chars efficiently from lvl 1 to 75, instead of level sync breezing trough content.

Edited by MortenJessen