Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

Not sure why the commotion?? I know I have only done it 4 times, 2 on guardian tank, 2 on vengeance juggernaut. As early as the firrst day it came out, and as late as 3 days ago. And none of them is over 280 rating. I cant see why people struggle. The only time I got into trouble, was because I space bared at the wrong time. A few tight fights yes, but I like it that way, more fun than many other flash points were the boss fights "auto complete" for you when park your toon near the boss and goes for coffee.

To be honest, I think that this, and other simular "bu huu" threads, are the result of level sync and players with gratification issues, as well as no patience. Cooldowns are the key to this fp, and yes I know they take time to get off cooldown once used, but players would/should know that if they had to play their chars efficiently from lvl 1 to 75, instead of level sync breezing trough content.

And i don't see how you got through it at all. It has nothing to do with patience. My latest two runs i made it to the bridge on the darmunda(?) ship and cannot progress. Rasss dies nearly instantly and I soon follow. 5 strong enemies a healer and two enforcers that aggro the minute you try a kolto tank. I tried for nearly fifteen minutes and when I could finally kill one after I respawn in the middle of a fight the dead one comes back! This is a poorly designed fp and solo mode is a joke. It needs rebalancing or I'll at least never be able to progress the story unless I can find a group to get me through it. But in story mode you can't do that can you?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following was posted in another part of the forum board:

Hi folks,

Our team is currently looking into the bug with Rass Ordo's level when he joins you for the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Solo/Story Mode.

For now, there is no additional information. I'll inform you in this thread when I know more.

Hopefully this issue will be cleared up soon !

Ok, so tried this FP last night on my plasmatech with 300 IL and had some fun (story mode solo). I had JUST aquired Z0-0m and got his influence to 50 right away and VERY VERY happy I did that before doing this monster for the first time!!! Even with my awesome companion my health was riding at 1/4 or less for long periods of time!! I had 0 deaths with a straight all out brawl start to finish. I must say I had a great time learning mechanics checking debuffs and flying around bosses to survive. This FP is no joke! Edited by Croixxxx

The point is that this FP is indeed no joke, and with a level 1 Rass it's unnecessarily extra hard.

Where is my story mode droid anyway, BioWare.

Anyhow, I managed on my guardian and failed miserably on my sage on the last fight, which is all the more annoying.

Edited by tigrina

• 3 weeks later...
They stopped providing the Combat Support Droid probably with the traitor storyline, Crisis on Umbara being the first FP without it.

I agree that is something they need to bring back , with an option to turn it off for the the elitist that screamed the loudest to get it turned off to begin with, one thing I'll never understand is the people who look down at people who don't play at their level you have master mode FP and nightmare mode OPS go have fun and leave us alone!

I would say I am above average though and can solo VET FP, but this was totally ridiculous and way to tedious I know the classes and am at 306 and it took forever to kill mods that is not a fun expiernce and can see how people would be dying.

Hopefully Tuesday's patch fixes this!

I just came back to game, and I'm at 270 gear with every character when I get to the point where this flashpoint is my quest. I have finished it with one character (Inquisitor), but damn it is rough. The problem is that the companion I'm given is always level 1. I didn't even try it with Jedi Knight, and now I need to do it with Operator and I'm sweating already.

So I did some Google-fu and found out that the level 1 companion is a bug. OK, so why it is not fixed yet? (stupid me, like anything in this game would be an easy fix). I tried every trick from advices, and the companion stays at level 1. I honestly believed that was intended, and cursed Bioware at my first and only slog through this abysmal mob fest that you can't even stealth through.

I'm sure this flashpoint is far less a problem for someone who is at 300 item level and can bring their own companion. For me, in 270 and with level 1 companion, it is such a torture. It is doable, but you shouldn't have to do it like this.

if you keep forcing companions at me, make at least sure they are in a level where they are at least somewhat useful.

I just came back to game, and I'm at 270 gear with every character when I get to the point where this flashpoint is my quest. I have finished it with one character (Inquisitor), but damn it is rough. The problem is that the companion I'm given is always level 1. I didn't even try it with Jedi Knight, and now I need to do it with Operator and I'm sweating already.

So I did some Google-fu and found out that the level 1 companion is a bug. OK, so why it is not fixed yet? (stupid me, like anything in this game would be an easy fix). I tried every trick from advices, and the companion stays at level 1. I honestly believed that was intended, and cursed Bioware at my first and only slog through this abysmal mob fest that you can't even stealth through.

I'm sure this flashpoint is far less a problem for someone who is at 300 item level and can bring their own companion. For me, in 270 and with level 1 companion, it is such a torture. It is doable, but you shouldn't have to do it like this.

if you keep forcing companions at me, make at least sure they are in a level where they are at least somewhat useful.

Come on dude, seriously 270 gear?

They are too busy introducing stuff people don't need, and destroying CQ to actually fix any bugs.

But as people have said, try it with 306 gear, it does make it easier. But it still has issues. For a solo fp, it's way over tuned, with a lot more mobs than it should, and unfortunately if you've any sort of limitations or issues, it an cause even more stress.

I honestly don’t think it’s overtuned if you are properly geared. Even with the lvl 1 companion, I didn’t die after he accidentally died in the fire pit and I had to take on 2 different groups before I realised he was dead. And that wasn’t on my sniper, so far the hardest it’s been on any class.

I’m not against them increasing the companion to lvl 10 or 25. It would make it a bit easier in that last fight. But I don’t want them to touch anything else because I think it might be the best balancing I’ve seen them do in a long time.

Edit: it comes down to if you think they should tune the latest content to be in starter lvl green gear with no set bonus and no tactical or if they should tune it for people who are geared or at least close to it.

I’m not even sure how that person got to that part of the story and not have better gear than 270 because you get plenty at lvl 75 and there is plenty of content between onderon and this story flash point to be close to 290-300 irated gear. Let alone some tacticals and set bonus items.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just came back to game, and I'm at 270 gear with every character when I get to the point where this flashpoint is my quest.

Nothing stops you pausing to go off and get higher-rated gear, naturally. You can get BiS without ever setting foot in a Master Mode Operation (formerly Nightmare).

I have finished it with one character (Inquisitor), but damn it is rough. The problem is that the companion I'm given is always level 1. I didn't even try it with Jedi Knight, and now I need to do it with Operator and I'm sweating already.

Inside the FP, visit the Medical Service droids and buy Presence stims that give the equivalent of +7 Influence ranks.

If you haven't already, level a human from level 1 to 50 for another +100 Presence (== equivalent of +2 Influence ranks) and so on.

And bring gifts. Rass gains Influence from them.

Only three "tricks" are necessary (give him gifts, raise your inherent Presence, use Presence stims and other Presence boosters), as noted above, and two of them don't raise his actual Influence rank.

Come on dude, seriously 270 gear?

I have been back for whole two weeks, and I'm a 100% solo player. Also, after uninstalling Destiny 2 last month, grinding for gear is my last interest. I came back for story content and some relaxed game time, not to stress myself with gear level.

This wouldn't be such a problem if the damn companion wouldn't be level 1. You don¨t even seem to realise that the companion is bugged and is INTENDED to be lvl 25.

Also how can't you figure how someone has 270 gear when they go to this flashpoint? You are so in your head you can't step a second in other persons shoes. If I start from lvl70, I reach 75 some point at Mek-Sha. There is NOT plenty of content between that and the Spirit of Vengeance. Only reason why you think so is because for you there is one year between them, new player or returning player goes straight from one to other and will be at 270 when they start Spirit of Vengeance, you manage to get few renown levels and thats it.

Some things never change, like you.

Edited by tahol

I honestly don’t think it’s overtuned if you are properly geared. Even with the lvl 1 companion, I didn’t die after he accidentally died in the fire pit and I had to take on 2 different groups before I realised he was dead. And that wasn’t on my sniper, so far the hardest it’s been on any class.

I’m not against them increasing the companion to lvl 10 or 25. It would make it a bit easier in that last fight. But I don’t want them to touch anything else because I think it might be the best balancing I’ve seen them do in a long time.

Edit: it comes down to if you think they should tune the latest content to be in starter lvl green gear with no set bonus and no tactical or if they should tune it for people who are geared or at least close to it.

I’m not even sure how that person got to that part of the story and not have better gear than 270 because you get plenty at lvl 75 and there is plenty of content between onderon and this story flash point to be close to 290-300 irated gear. Let alone some tacticals and set bonus items.

Playing only the story and some H with my stealthers to get some extra credits to buy outfits, i was at 280 on my Sentinel when i did it, it's solo-story mode, it should be doable by average player in average gear, not need you to have the best gear possible and be an expert player.

Then as someone who regularly suffers from tendonitis in my right wrist, this FP was trully a nightmare with far too many mobs who all took far too long to kill, all that to get stuck on the second wave of the last boss fight because the imposed companion was useless, and my reflexes were probably not that great anymore due to the pain. It took days of doing near to nothing for my wrist to recover from that and i didn't even finish it. I'm clearly not going to try again before it's tuned properly so that anyone can do the solo-story mode, because i'm not a masochist...

They can make the multiplayer, harder version nearly impossible to do all they want, but the version that serves to advance the story should be relatively easy, not a nightmarish slogfest...

Edited by Goreshaga

Nothing stops you pausing to go off and get higher-rated gear, naturally. You can get BiS without ever setting foot in a Master Mode Operation (formerly Nightmare).

Inside the FP, visit the Medical Service droids and buy Presence stims that give the equivalent of +7 Influence ranks.

If you haven't already, level a human from level 1 to 50 for another +100 Presence (== equivalent of +2 Influence ranks) and so on.

And bring gifts. Rass gains Influence from them.

Only three "tricks" are necessary (give him gifts, raise your inherent Presence, use Presence stims and other Presence boosters), as noted above, and two of them don't raise his actual Influence rank.

Name one other example of completing Story Mode / Main Quest that required grinding gear or tricks.

I'm in BiS so I can complete it. I just find it boring and tedious with the unfixed version. It's also not just Rass influence Level either, but the mobs, boss HP, etc.

For a new player who just completed Onderon, Mek-Sha, and Objective Meridian, they will only be around Item Level 270 gear. To ask them to spam Hammer Station (or similar activity) and perform tricks to complete the Main Story Questline is a bit galling IMHO.

What is more galling: Bioware has acknowledged there are problems with the Flashpoint and is dorkin' around on a bunch of extraneous material. I have been playing MMORPGs since 2004. I am not (typically) prone to hyperbole but...

I have never played a game where the company acknowledges issues with the Main Quest / Storyline and then completely ignores it for what is now going on two months. When Traitor Among the Chiss had similar issues of tedium, BW fixed it within a week.

What accounts for that variation? I'll let forum-goers reach their own conclusions.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Name one other example of completing Story Mode / Main Quest that required grinding gear or tricks.

I'm in BiS so I can complete it. I just find it boring and tedious with the unfixed version. It's also not just Rass influence Level either, but the mobs, boss HP, etc.

For a new player who just completed Onderon, Mek-Sha, and Objective Meridian, they will only be around Item Level 270 gear. To ask them to spam Hammer Station (or similar activity) and perform tricks to complete the Main Story Questline is a bit galling IMHO.

What is more galling: Bioware has acknowledged there are problems with the Flashpoint and is dorkin' around on a bunch of extraneous material. I have been playing MMORPGs since 2004. I am not (typically) prone to hyperbole but...

I have never played a game where the company acknowledges issues with the Main Quest / Storyline and then completely ignores it for what is now going on two months. When Traitor Among the Chiss had similar issues of tedium, BW fixed it within a week.

What accounts for that variation? I'll let forum-goers reach their own conclusions.

Dasty

Aye !! No question about it ... there is something rotten in the state of Denmark !

You need to pay closer attention to what I've been saying about this FP, especially the part about it being overtuned.

Then again, following the advice that the game itself offers ("Having problems with a tough fightr? Use stims to give you an edge." that can be seen on loading screens) is hardly a trick. That's why I put the word trick in quotes in the text you cited, because despite people using that word, it *isn't* a trick.

For sure it's catastrophically tedious and hard work (in the sense of being laborious).

You need to pay closer attention to what I've been saying about this FP, especially the part about it being overtuned.

Then again, following the advice that the game itself offers ("Having problems with a tough fightr? Use stims to give you an edge." that can be seen on loading screens) is hardly a trick. That's why I put the word trick in quotes in the text you cited, because despite people using that word, it *isn't* a trick.

For sure it's catastrophically tedious and hard work (in the sense of being laborious).

Steve

You are, without question one of the single most informed informed individuals on this forum. IMO your posts reflect some of the best and most precise information available. I have the most respect for what you post.

That said: The one statement that Dasty has made (and I agree with) is that it has been admitted by BW that there are issues with this FP. One for certain (the companion still at level 1). There is also the possibility that the "cutscene" bug is still there as well.

Since this FP is required in order to complete the story I'm a little surprised that these matters have not been cleared up. I DO BELIEVE that once completed as promised by the team that the FP will be just fine in every regard. I have completed it my self twice ... neither character has BiS. One with 304 (and two augments ... ) the other with 306 (and only one augment). OH .. and I also use the best stim (command) that I can get my hands on from the medical droid !!

BTW... I still appreciate your posts.

I have been back for whole two weeks, and I'm a 100% solo player. Also, after uninstalling Destiny 2 last month, grinding for gear is my last interest. I came back for story content and some relaxed game time, not to stress myself with gear level.

This wouldn't be such a problem if the damn companion wouldn't be level 1. You don¨t even seem to realise that the companion is bugged and is INTENDED to be lvl 25.

Also how can't you figure how someone has 270 gear when they go to this flashpoint? You are so in your head you can't step a second in other persons shoes. If I start from lvl70, I reach 75 some point at Mek-Sha. There is NOT plenty of content between that and the Spirit of Vengeance. Only reason why you think so is because for you there is one year between them, new player or returning player goes straight from one to other and will be at 270 when they start Spirit of Vengeance, you manage to get few renown levels and thats it.

Some things never change, like you.

I actually thought there’d be more content then that to get gear. I was close lvl 75 by the time I left Onderron the first time from lvl 70 (when the expansion landed). Are you in a guild at all because that increases your xp faster to lvl.

I meant no insult by the way. I just couldn’t understand why you’d still have 270 gear when you pick up 268 gear at lvl 70, so by the time you got to Mek Sha you’d start putting on 270-276 gear. Then you have the story flash point from that chain on the Corellia. That should have started to drop gear too.

Also, did you do the scourge and Kira story before spirit of vengeance? That fight with in that story scape would also drop gear.

If you need some info on how to gear up quick. There are some threads on the forums and reddit. If you have treasure hunting as a profession, do the lock box missions and your guys will bring back 272-280 gear regularly. That’s a good way to get a jump on any gear grind.

Once again, it was not my intention to offend.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I can't beat it at all myself. I can get through the first boss okay but than there is this wave of enemies right before the second boss. They overwhelm me and I can't beat them at all. I did get lucky once but then I could not beat the second boss. So for me I am done until it is hopefully fixed.

I can't beat it at all myself. I can get through the first boss okay but than there is this wave of enemies right before the second boss. They overwhelm me and I can't beat them at all. I did get lucky once but then I could not beat the second boss. So for me I am done until it is hopefully fixed.

Havoc,

When the changes are made (which I've played, though they may do more in the next patch), you have to still remember...Rass Ordo is dumber than a Rancor.

If I think what you are saying about the wave of enemies is correct, I think you mean the room after the Chef Droid where Rass tends to wander and inadvertently pull extra mobs.

Why does Rass wander? Because he is an idiot and has been hit too hard on his helm. :rak_01:

Point being: Even with the proposed changes of Rass going to Influence Level 25 and curtailing of certain boss abilities and HP, you will still have to deal with the undeniable fact that Rass Ordo isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Solution: In that room with the wave of mobs, pull one group of mobs back into the kitchen so Rass doesn't wander.

Frankly, I think that is Bioware's way of testing us a bit, b/c it requires us to be more situationally aware. FYI, you will have to be EXTREMELY aware situationally on the last fight when the snipers appear.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Steve

You are, without question one of the single most informed informed individuals on this forum. IMO your posts reflect some of the best and most precise information available. I have the most respect for what you post.

That said: The one statement that Dasty has made (and I agree with) is that it has been admitted by BW that there are issues with this FP. One for certain (the companion still at level 1). There is also the possibility that the "cutscene" bug is still there as well.

Since this FP is required in order to complete the story I'm a little surprised that these matters have not been cleared up. I DO BELIEVE that once completed as promised by the team that the FP will be just fine in every regard. I have completed it my self twice ... neither character has BiS. One with 304 (and two augments ... ) the other with 306 (and only one augment). OH .. and I also use the best stim (command) that I can get my hands on from the medical droid !!

BTW... I still appreciate your posts.

Agreed. It's overtuned, it's buggy, etc. Rass's Influence Rank is a problem *because* it's overtuned, and it's intensely disappointing that when they said they fixed his rank, it didn't seem to affect the actual game.

And yeah, the Command stim (I tend to call it "Presence", but its proper name is "Command", as you say) is really useful here, equivalent to +5 Influence ranks...

Havoc,

When the changes are made (which I've played, though they may do more in the next patch), you have to still remember...Rass Ordo is dumber than a Rancor.

If I think what you are saying about the wave of enemies is correct, I think you mean the room after the Chef Droid where Rass tends to wander and inadvertently pull extra mobs.

Why does Rand wander? Because he is an idiot and has been hit too hard on his helm. :rak_01:

Point being: Even with the proposed changes of Rass going to Influence Level 25 and curtailing of certain boss abilities and HP, you will still have to deal with the undeniable fact that Rass Ordo isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Solution: In that room with the wave of mobs, pull one group of mobs back into the kitchen so Rass doesn't wander.

Frankly, I think that is Bioware's way of testing us a bit, b/c it requires us to be more situationally aware. FYI, you will have to be EXTREMELY aware situationally on the last fight when the snipers appear.

Dasty

Agreed. It's overtuned, it's buggy, etc. Rass's Influence Rank is a problem *because* it's overtuned, and it's intensely disappointing that when they said they fixed his rank, it didn't seem to affect the actual game.

And yeah, the Command stim (I tend to call it "Presence", but its proper name is "Command", as you say) is really useful here, equivalent to +5 Influence ranks...

Two thumbs ups for these ... pretty well sums it up !!!