Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

Wasn't there always a extra companion that comes along in the story mode flashpoints? Like a droid that could be summoned? Or I might be thinking of the older FPs before Knights of the Fallen Empire and so on following. Either way, hope this FP's Story Mode gets tuned some more and that the other issue about this "Quick Play Mode" bug gets resolved soon.

In some story mode flashpoints, yes, you received a combat droid. I specifically remember it from both the "Esselles" and "Battle of Ilum." As I haven't done all the flashpoints, I can't swear if you get the droid for every one.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Combat Support Droid (dubbed Jesus Droid) has not been provided from the Umbara FP onwards.

Just finished another MM run. The final boss came down with full health after the first set of adds were defeated but the first hit on her after that reduced the health back down to 66%. (The adds spawn when the boss is at 66% and 33% health.) Strange. The FP needs a thorough QA testing and several fixes, big and small.

Was run the FP mins ago, not finished again as heal Storymode. An Add befor last Boss respawns, not killable. Hit the Boss down to 33% adds kkills me fast. Rass is still bugged again, Tank / DD, please fix again. Or give us the otpion that Vet FP can close this part of Story (not works b4).

I'm hoping they are working on this. I enjoy story mode more than wanting to join groups. I tried for 3 days with 2 different characters with level 59 renown and 64. I've made it to the 3rd boss with both characters, but I get killed in seconds. I was able to last long enough to kill some of the lower HPs, but instead of staying gone, the respawned after I died as if nothing ever happened. I haven't found anyway to get passed it so I'll need to stop until a fix is made. To me, it's acting like I'm playing veteran or master mode solo. It shouldn't be that way unless I choose for that difficulty level. Story mode is just that... you play it for the story, not the trophies for playing higher difficulty modes. Edited by Wrijul
typo

okay because there are rumors spreading here.

the first boss is suppose to work like this:

fire bomb: if you are above 10m from melee range of the boy you will get it

energized grapple: he can only use it when target has no effect from fire bomb

full auto: he can only use it when target has effect from energized grapple

his stacks: come with the energized grapple.

but the opinion not to interrupt him is kind of true as interrupting him screws his priority

this is why gunslinger works that well on MASTER MODE he cant grapple you and so he doesnt get stacks.

Thank you for posting this. I haven't had many chances to go there yet, but now that I know the mechanics, I'm gonna make some time. :)

I completed Spirit of Vengeance in Story Mode after many, many attempts on the final bosses sharpshooters. But I think I must have done something wrong. I haven't played in a while, so maybe I forgot a step. I went through the cutscenes with Shae and then selected the mission in Story Mode from the terminal outside the room with the cutscenes. Entered with missions. I thought it was odd that there were no cutscenes for the entire flashpoint. Finally made it to the end, boss defeated. Nothing happens. There is no cutscene and no way to exit the ship.

Could someone tell me what I did wrong please? I'll probably never be able to defeat Heta Kol's sharpshooters again until they nerf them, but having finally taken them out I was pretty disappointed to realize I hadn't really completed the story.

There is no cutscene and no way to exit the ship.

Could someone tell me what I did wrong please?

You did nothing wrong, but you don't seem to realize that you can exit any flashpoint (and your Stronghold, OPs, etc) by using the "Exit Area" button on the upper right side of your 'mini-map'.

The ending is a bit anti-climatic though - it's over, you exit. 😏

If you've logged off before exiting, there's a very good chance you'll have to start over from the start*. 😮

* The first time I tried it, I died a few times at the last boss. It was late and I was tired, so I logged off and went to bed. I expected that when I logged back in, I'd be outside the instance, but I didn't expect to have to do the whole thing again. 🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

Yeah, unfortunately if you have to log off for any reason without completing the flashpoint, you'll have to start over completely. It doesn't save any checkpoints between sessions. The two times I tried this, I made it all the way to the second set of adds on the final boss but couldn't progress further. It didn't save anything from either attempt. Thus I'm hesitant to waste the time trying again.

I do have 55% achievement on the FP which includes the hidden achievements; only some of the grindy achievements are remaining. .

Does anyone have a forum list and/or guide to ALL the SoV cheevos yet?

I'm still missing 1 of the 'hidden' ones , as well as the 3rd 'relic' one (ancient weapon or whatever) .

Normally i woudn't mind just exploring/finding them all myself, but ugh this FP just takes soooo long to complete :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Could someone tell me what I did wrong please?

As you go through the story, you talk to Shae after dealing with the rest of the Echoes of Oblivion (which you did.) At that point, you're ready to star the SoV flashpoint in what is referred to by the game as Solo-Story mode; you already have the FP as a mission and can walk into the FP.

The terminal, on the other hand, is for doing the FP without doing the story; it can be used to do the FP on a character before ever doing the story on that character (I did it like that several times.) The terminal offers 3 difficulty modes: Story, Veteran, and Master modes.

At any time, you can only be doing the FP in one of the 4 modes: Solo-Story, Story, Veteran, Master. By taking the Story mode mission from the terminal, you entered and completed the FP in Story mode which (confusingly enough) does not complete your story. Going through the story and entering the FP in Solo-Story mode will result in you seeing several cut-scenes throughout the FP. (I've done this as well.)

Edited by mike_carton

but the opinion not to interrupt him is kind of true as interrupting him screws his priority

this is why gunslinger works that well on MASTER MODE he cant grapple you and so he doesnt get stacks.

Correct me if I am wrong. So the idea would be to break CC from his grapple especially if you are a ranged dps that likes to stay away (no Energized Grapple = no Full Auto). And avoiding interrupts just to be safe.

Ran 5 MM on my healer and had so many different outcomes (could be a difference between running with 2 melee dps and 2 ranged dps) where it is a walk in the park or a nightmare.

As far as I can tell, as a healer, there's nothing I can't heal (except when he gains his stack) so there's really no need to interrupt Full Auto, Flame Sweep or anything at all.

Edited by demotivator

I just found another workaround to help you finish this FP. After going in and finding out you have the level 1 Rass comp, exit the flashpoint and go to fleet and buy 25 - 30 purple weapon gifts for Rass. It gets you to about level 10 - 12 affection. Then go back to Odessan and manually enter the flashpoint again and use them up. I finished it fine this way. Even using the gold gravity grenades from Odessan vendor works too, though this can get expensive. I hope this helps everyone else.

Of course you need to have max bonus affection unlocked.

Edited by Neonbamboo

Thanks! That was clearly it. I know I had made that mistake once before, but I couldn't remember what I did. I just didn't see anything in my mission log after talking to Shae and it's been so long since I've done any of these chapter FPs. Well, we'll see if I can remember what I did to defeat the sharpshooters if I can find time to grind through the endless mobs again...Changing my combat proficiencies tree helped a bit. At least this time I can update my gear beforehand. Thanks for your help!

As you go through the story, you talk to Shae after dealing with the rest of the Echoes of Oblivion (which you did.) At that point, you're ready to star the SoV flashpoint in what is referred to by the game as Solo-Story mode; you already have the FP as a mission and can walk into the FP.

The terminal, on the other hand, is for doing the FP without doing the story; it can be used to do the FP on a character before ever doing the story on that character (I did it like that several times.) The terminal offers 3 difficulty modes: Story, Veteran, and Master modes.

At any time, you can only be doing the FP in one of the 4 modes: Solo-Story, Story, Veteran, Master. By taking the Story mode mission from the terminal, you entered and completed the FP in Story mode which (confusingly enough) does not complete your story. Going through the story and entering the FP in Solo-Story mode will result in you seeing several cut-scenes throughout the FP. (I've done this as well.)

Does anyone have a forum list and/or guide to ALL the SoV cheevos yet?

I'm still missing 1 of the 'hidden' ones , as well as the 3rd 'relic' one (ancient weapon or whatever) .

Normally i woudn't mind just exploring/finding them all myself, but ugh this FP just takes soooo long to complete :eek:

There is a picture here which shows the newly added achievements and you can find all for the FPS there, even the hidden ones.

Just finished it in story mode with my 75 shadow jedi. This needs re-tuned. There's something wrong with the fact that the silver mobs take longer to down than gold mobs and all of the bosses. In the final fight during the second wave, I had to LOS to bring all of them down and tag them just so the sharpshooters didn't kill the companion. Still, thank goodness for force run that got me to the healing terminals. Used all 4 on that wave alone.

I'm not asking it to be easier, just re-tuned. Silver mobs should not take longer to kill than gold or bosses. JMHO.

I may as well add my 2 cents here since I've done it everywhere else. I won't belabor about my particular disability except to say it hasn't prevented me from completing any solo story mode flashpoints up until this one. I do story mode because I'm not looking for any particular challenges. I only want to get the story done. The other issues aside, the adds in the final fight with Heta Kol are over tuned for story mode. I believe they are in Veteran mode which shouldn't be.

I took the suggestion to buy comp gifts and gave them to Rass inside the instance. What I found strange was that even though he went to level 16 in the companion list (press N), if I look at his character profile, (press C) he's still listed as influence level 1. So which one is true? Either way, it doesn't seem to matter. He still gets rick-rolled on the second set of adds.

As of now, I'll take my various characters through the story up to the flash point and call it quits. I won't be trying it again until they do something about the Heta Kol fight in solo story mode.

That link didn't work for me unfortunately, but thanks anyways for replying! (you were the only one to reply so far :( )

Hmm strange, try this one, its the picture only. If it doesnt work there are 4 hidden achievements, which are:

Be first to jump over the fire, Be first to fall down the floor trap, Kill all War Profiters, Finish without killing War profiters.

Then there are the 3 objects you need to find, the War staff, Relic and bottle. Those are all.

I miss the times of Dulfy, when the game was alive. All we have today is a guide on Vulkk that doesn't even know what to preach, saying that the boss gains stacks from interrupts but advicing to interrupt Flame Sweep (that doesn't even hurt at all unless the boss gained stacks, but then everything hurts) and Full Auto...

So talking about MM, what does actually grant the boss stacks? Interrupts? Breaking free from the root?

Did another today.

Master Mode, solo. Ranged DPS character in 306 set bonus gear with level 50 Influence ranged healer companion.

First boss: stayed out of melee range (*), interrupted Full Auto. That was all that was needed specifically for the boss.

Entire FP, all mobs and bosses: Was on high alert always, like doing an Ops boss. Used DCDs, self-heals. Some companion micromanagement.

Caveat: Solo and Story Mode experience will be frustratingly different for most players; the FP and the first boss in particular need to be toned down with trash mobs nerfed and reduced in number.

(*) He jumped into melee range periodically; player character moved away immediately to 10+ meters. Need to read more on experience of and suggestions from melee players.

Edited by mike_carton

as melee you are doomed when trying to solo it. period. no disussion. even in tank spec.

1 of i guess 50 or even more trys i managed to kill him as guardian skank. but in most cases he stacks.

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/stand-and-fight

Golga is enraged by your escape from his grap(p)el

Cooldown: no cooldown

Range: up to 10 meters

Requires LOS: no

the funny thing is... as a melee he grapples you too. you stand in his face and do nothing and because of this you get the stacks.

there are 2 possibillities

1. the buff description is totally misleading

or

2. this boss is totally broken

i would bet aric jorgans life on possibillity 2 (bad kitty)

the grapple has no minimum range it just says up to 70m

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/energized-grapple-3#eff4

it also says:

Only when the following conditions are met:

<

If PRIMARY TARGET does not have one effect from Fire Bomb (seems not to be the case though)

AND

If PRIMARY TARGET is alive

AND

If PRIMARY TARGET is a player

the white debuff you get says:

Energized Grapple

Immobilized. Golga will become angry if you won't stand and fight!

but it does the exact opposite.

if you just stand and fight he gains stacks. if you move above 10m he wont stack, as this is the maximum range of the stacks.

i would love to hear something from the devs on that topic.

because all the data we players have is datamined and its nothing official.

but there is a workaround even if you arent doing it solo on a range dps.

the tank may never get in range of the stacks ---> tank it from above 10m

this is tricky especially if you have 2 mdps. it requires a bit of time to get some aggro on the boss so that dps dont pull aggro. (wont work in typical pug groups because of stupid impatient dps players)

when he grapples and manages to pull you and or charges towards you, just run back on over 10 m.

whoever he charges to needs to run away. no matter if healer, rdps or mdps)

THE BASIC IDEA IS THAT WHOEVER HAS AGGRO NEEDS TO OUTRANGE THE STACKS

but again DEAR DEV BOIZ, GÖRLZ and MUSCOS... can you please say something on behalf of this boss?

if this is working like its intended i wil cry.. it would be the worst boss design i have ever seen...

Edited by Opiklo

I read that a lot of people have been able to complete the flashpoint. I'm curious as to how. I've played for over a week, probably have died about 100 times playing story solo. My character I'm using is Level 75 Renown 59. Even with my companion on heal mode, It is impossible to pass regardless of using heroic moment as well. For the level I'm at, there should be no way in story mode that I'm dying as much as I am. Also, I can't get passed taking the bridge after the 2nd tether. Even though I kill off everyone except for the boss, they all reappear when I get killed as if I didn't do anything. All this is doing is making playing this game extremely frustrating and I've been playing since 2012. This is ridiculous. Story mode should not be this difficult.:mad: