Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

I finished it twice now... well... it would have been three, but I escaped the dialogue before the last boss and got bugged (SIGH). Not going to bother again until it's fixed, too frustrating.

I find it's always better to Spacebar rather than ESC. It may be a bit slower, but less accident prone. 🙂

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it's always better to Spacebar rather than ESC. It may be a bit slower, but less accident prone. 🙂

I didn't even skip a scene, the last bit when you take the tram to the main ship. After the cut scene it jumped back to the room with the last boss (with the terminal you click on) and I was just stuck there. Terminal was no longer clickable, no way to advance.

Hour of wasted time.

I didn't even skip a scene, the last bit when you take the tram to the main ship. After the cut scene it jumped back to the room with the last boss (with the terminal you click on) and I was just stuck there. Terminal was no longer clickable, no way to advance.

Hour of wasted time.

The same thing happened to me in one of my attempts to make the flashpoint. When that happened, I logged out, went to the character selection screen and when doing Flashpoint again, the new position was saved, as if there was no problem.

But what's up with the ****** loot? Out of 10 bosses, I got TWO rating 306 items. That's with ir 306 toons. Seriously? 90% of the stuff is purple. That's a total joke. I'm still looking for better mods/enhancements and all I'm getting are 296 IR drops... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. Heck, even when I was farming a Traitor Among the Chiss I was getting way more orange drops than this.

Story mode generally has a way lower chance to drop gold/304+ gear no matter if you are at max item rating, most drops just are purple 29X stuff, it's the same for Meridian and other FPs too, at least it was the case with some alts I took through Nathema/Meridian and co recently while wearing some generic 306 gear. To get better chances at 306 you need to play the more difficult modes.

I have done the Story part once and noticed the first boss having too much HP taking long to kill him. The same is about the adds, they seem to have more hp and it all takes longer. But the SOLO mode is fine, the only annoying thing is that you cannot use stealth to run the FPS faster as some trash mobs have stealth detection abilities.

The MM version is easy, even the bonus boss. I am glad they didnt experiment too much like with "Traitor Among the Chiss" or Umbara FPS. The MM version is fine, not hard, not easy, simply balanced. I did it as tank in dps gear and as healer. The only annoying thing is when you get weak dps guys with 260 gear or so, then it takes longer, but otherwise its fine.

Hi! I'm stuck. Yay bug fun!

As said in the thread previously, I found the HP/Armor/Stacks of the trash a bit much. As well, as a stealth class, they have a TON of anti-stealth abilities. A bit annoying. I killed everything generally pretty easy, but it took forever. Lots of LOS trash pulls. Lots of sitting there doing stuff. These mobs may be skilled, but I am UNSTOPPABLE!

Now, onto the bugs that stopped me. The golden guy (second boss) has a problem with being ejected into space due to knockback. Especially near the front of the bridge. I was almost bounced out, but happened to roll (Operative) forward so I was good. One guy was bounced out twice and just sat in space unable to continue.

Last boss, I assume as I can't continue. Quest part says: Reinforce Jekiah Ordo and Secure the Bridge. I started the convo, got to the part of the bad lady doing a monologue. Then, disconnect. Yes, a local issue. But upon logging back in, I can't continue. Can't progress on the three dots. Can't escape and then click the control panel. Le sigh.

For other flashpoints, I'd just reset, not that big o deal. This one, y'all, this is long for a story FP. I don't know if I'll do it today as I think I'm at 2.5 to 3 hours now.

I finished it twice now... well... it would have been three, but I escaped the dialogue before the last boss and got bugged (SIGH). Not going to bother again until it's fixed, too frustrating.

As people say, definitely not story difficulty level.

But what's up with the ****** loot? Out of 10 bosses, I got TWO rating 306 items. That's with ir 306 toons. Seriously? 90% of the stuff is purple. That's a total joke. I'm still looking for better mods/enhancements and all I'm getting are 296 IR drops... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. Heck, even when I was farming a Traitor Among the Chiss I was getting way more orange drops than this.

Thats has been the way with loot FOR ALL SM FP since ages ago, idk why people keep getting pissed off by those loot table.

Nobody mention that because its a known fact about SMFP, if you want better loot table then play the Vet or MM one.

New bug post since I'm trying to restart and relog and stuck and all that to see if anything helps before I reset the whole thing a third time.

1. Gold Boss Guy (Not Goldie, the guy in gold armor who gives you half the code)- I got blasted out into space. Can't go back in. Can't fight boss. Can't win. Can't die. Jumped off the edge, died. Was able to reset the boss. Pulled most of them into the hallway LOS and it went better. Sigh.

2. Trap Room! Of COURSE I'm going to try to click those things and get across by Agent magic. I died! AHAHA! Fun. Okay, but now the room before won't open. The door is closed and has no way to open it. The rampway up is blocked by cages and detritus. So yeah. Relog. Reboot. Restart. Now I'm sitting at "..." and waiting. Nothing so far. Escaped out. Used Holotraverse to get upstairs to the mobs. Upstairs is pretty. Killed mobs. Door doesn't open. Yay me. Blocked 2nd time.

Le sigh y'all. I'm going to get dinner. I guess that first boss is right. I'm skilled, but the bugs are unstoppable.

The difficulty tuning of this flashpoint seems really off. I enjoyed what I saw of the story (but wasn't able to finish it, as I will explain below) but it seems like the combat wasn't play tested enough.

The random mobs seemed really overtuned with their HP and regen. It got really boring to have to just stand there whacking them over and over to just move on to the next thing, especially when there were large amounts of them. No unusual mechanics or anything - just a time sink.

The first two bosses were fine for me. The third one actually seemed really undertuned. She was easier to fight than the average commando from the random mobs.

The final boss prevented me from finishing. Her first phase was fine. Her first adds were fine. Her second phase was fine.

Her second set of adds (and I think specifically the sharp shooters in opposite corners) seemed to overwhelm the companion's AI. He wouldn't move from the center of the room or follow me out of the primary line of fire, and would literally just stand there and die. At which point I couldn't solo everything in every direction without a healer and would die too. This happened three times. In the exact same way, at the exact same point. The NPC would stand there letting himself get shot to death in the crossfire of the second set of adds, and then I would have to start the boss over after we wiped. It became clear that doing it over and over was not going to change the outcome, so I just gave up.

I'm really frustrated. I wanted to do the Mando stuff and I was enjoying the story, but I dread trying this again because I don't want to waste all that time on random nameless enemies who all have to be excessively hearty. And then there's the matter of potentially getting stuck again.

But I'm worried I won't be able to progress in future stories if I can't get through this. :( I've never had an issue in SWTOR where I had serious difficulty progressing story content before.

I wish they would give this flashpoint another editing pass, bearing in mind that it's supposed to be solo story mode, there's no droid, you're forced to use a companion that you have no affinity with, and your companion may bug out.

Edited by TreeHuggerHannah

OMG, dudes, what`s wrong with with you?

I`ve cleared last SoV with 306 GS on my Fury Marauder. It was easy as always, just a little longer. I even push skills with mouse. Use your defense skills, CCs, Legend skills.

Get 306 GS, you has plenty of time for this, don`t you?

OMG, dudes, what`s wrong with with you?

I`ve cleared last SoV with 306 GS on my Fury Marauder. It was easy as always, just a little longer. I even push skills with mouse. Use your defense skills, CCs, Legend skills.

Get 306 GS, you has plenty of time for this, don`t you?

Thats what wrong, Bioware has established that story FP supposed to be a faceroll experience but as you said it here, you need BiS for a STORY. I get the need for BiS in MM or even Vet but story? Even legend skill as you said isn’t supposed to be needed on story.

Thats what wrong, Bioware has established that story FP supposed to be a faceroll experience but as you said it here, you need BiS for a STORY. I get the need for BiS in MM or even Vet but story? Even legend skill as you said isn’t supposed to be needed on story.

Emmmm.... For all this time passed, you should get BiS for your main char. It`s about a six months since Scourge smashed Outlander`s furniture. One week with 2-3 hours of flashpoints and your BiS reach its limit.

So for what else legendary skills needed? I never used them.

I think u all just forgot how really play in this game :)

Emmmm.... For all this time passed, you should get BiS for your main char. It`s about a six months since Scourge smashed Outlander`s furniture. One week with 2-3 hours of flashpoints and your BiS reach its limit.

So for what else legendary skills needed? I never used them.

I think u all just forgot how really play in this game :)

Seems like you don’t even read the other post and miss the point, first off its STORY not MM, its supposed to be easy and quick, most complain are either bug or it took long time to finish the fp. If its master mode chapter then your argument is valid. Secondly, did you already forget that MAYBE some player are new? Returning? And some people have a school/job that make them haven’t reach BiS yet.

I think you should try to understand those circumstances before being an elitist :)

Seems like you don’t even read the other post and miss the point, first off its STORY not MM, its supposed to be easy and quick, most complain are either bug or it took long time to finish the fp. If its master mode chapter then your argument is valid. Secondly, did you already forget that MAYBE some player are new? Returning? And some people have a school/job that make them haven’t reach BiS yet.

I think you should try to understand those circumstances before being an elitist :)

Um, who says STORY mode should be easy and quick? STORY/SOLO modes are supposed to be tuned for a single player, but that doesn't mean they should be easy and/or quick.

Also, anyone who's gotten to the point in the game where this FP happens "should" already have at least 300 rating gear. But, you don't need "BiS" gear to do this FP.

All the people we periodically see starting threads humble-bragging that everything is too easy - I'd like to see them all to weigh in on this thread.

They'll probably just brag that they soloed the FP in MM.

Edit: Minutes after I posted this comment, a new thread appeared with the title "Raids Are Way Too Easy With The New White Damage Scaling" bragging about NiM Gods and demanding an across-the-board nerfing of all DPS.

Edited by mike_carton

Story mode is supposed to be focused on experiencing the story. It's... literally right there in the name. If something (bugs, difficulty level, etc.) is interfering with an appreciable number of average players experiencing the story, the flashpoint is not tuned and/or tested adequately. The goal is thus not being accomplished, bottom line.

This is why we have game modes. If you want it to be a harder difficulty than that, you can play on a harder difficulty.

*** is that stupid FP ?

I'm already not a fan a the FP format for anything related to story content, but this one makes me trully hate it...

Everything takes forever to kill, even worse when the last mob of its pack is bugged and keeps resetting the fight, going back to its initial position and back to full health every time it's about to die...

And that last fight, seriously... Boss herself is fine, the first wave of mobs are okay, but the second one, Rass dies in 2 sec, and i'm next in like 3 sec, i can't even kill one of them before we're both dead...

Edited by Goreshaga

And that last fight, seriously... Boss herself is fine, the first wave of mobs are okay, but the second one, Rass dies in 2 sec, and i'm next in like 3 sec, i can't even kill one of them before we're both dead...

Yeah. Everything else in the flashpoint is fine for me since the patch but I still can't get past that one point.

I've tried it a bunch of times and the exact same thing happens at the exact same place over and over and over. The NPC dies and then I do.

Oh well.

Is there any way to advance the story doing the flashpoint with a friend?

Before the update, I was able to pass the commander of the Command Bridge, I killed Bask Sunn easily, now I already lost to him several times and each time I die I go back to the beginning of the level, without having the option to use the med prob. This patch made the game worse for me.

I give up for now, no conditions to pass this boss without the med prob and with all the enemies make respawn again!

Edited by Lord_Arawn

Edit: Minutes after I posted this comment, a new thread appeared with the title "Raids Are Way Too Easy With The New White Damage Scaling" bragging about NiM Gods and demanding an across-the-board nerfing of all DPS.

But 6.2 state of certain specs/classes in stupid, not to say the R-word. You can faceroll everything on lightning sorc or both PT specs. Did you find the new story FP being too hard? Reroll PT and solo it in MM.

BTW, why all of you struggle with completing story content being in tank/heal spec? Don't you all have the "abandon" button in Discipline window?

*** is that stupid FP ?

I'm already not a fan a the FP format for anything related to story content, but this one makes me trully hate it...

Everything takes forever to kill, even worse when the last mob of its pack is bugged and keeps resetting the fight, going back to its initial position and back to full health every time it's about to die...

Absolutely this.

Twice I've done this flashpoint and twice I've been stopped at the same exact place, unable to continue. Very maddening to slog through trash mob after trash mob, almost reach the end and encounter the same problem the update claimed to fix. I'm definitely waiting to try it a third - and final - time. I'm guessing sometime in July.

This flashpoint wasn't released - it escaped.