Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

Story mode is supposed to be focused on experiencing the story. It's... literally right there in the name. If something (bugs, difficulty level, etc.) is interfering with an appreciable number of average players experiencing the story, the flashpoint is not tuned and/or tested adequately. The goal is thus not being accomplished, bottom line.

This is why we have game modes. If you want it to be a harder difficulty than that, you can play on a harder difficulty.

Basically this, those 2 people who quoting my post need to understand this or maybe they saying that coz they want attention really bad by telling people to play “properly” while it’s not the case for this FP.

Anyway, I will not give them attention any further smh.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twice I've done this flashpoint and twice I've been stopped at the same exact place, unable to continue. Very maddening to slog through trash mob after trash mob, almost reach the end and encounter the same problem the update claimed to fix.

Well, I'm not super-duper player - I've done this in STORY mode 4 times now**. I failed the first time through on a GS, then succeeded the second time. Then I had no significant trouble on a Guardian and a second GS.

It may be a bit too long and a bit of a slog in places, but it can be done with a bit of effort. Maybe it's just that too many players are used to just blasting through most single-player content too easily.

The final boss fight seems to be just a matter of killing the adds "down the stairs" first.

**Before the update. And all 3 characters are 306 iRating.

Edited by JediQuaker

Well, I'm not super-duper player - I've done this in STORY mode 4 times now**. I failed the first time through on a GS, then succeeded the second time. Then I had no significant trouble on a Guardian and a second GS.

It may be a bit too long and a bit of a slog in places, but it can be done with a bit of effort. Maybe it's just that too many players are used to just blasting through most single-player content too easily.

The final boss fight seems to be just a matter of killing the adds "down the stairs" first.

**Before the update. And all 3 characters are 306 iRating.

Wow, what a condescending post. Just because the flashpoint works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

FYI, I haven't gotten to the last boss fight. The two evading/resetting Ash'ad stops the flashpoint from progressing. Other players have reported the same problem so it is an issue..

Edited by TarotMage

I don't understand how that would work because the NPC doesn't live long enough for you to even physically get to that mob, let alone engage. He dies before I get to the bottom of the stairs if I take that approach because he won't follow me and the sharpshooters take him out.

Edited by TreeHuggerHannah

I don't understand how that would work because the NPC doesn't live long enough for you to even physically get to that mob, let alone engage. He dies before I get to the bottom of the stairs if I take that approach because he won't follow me and the sharpshooters take him out.

Comp on passive, run to the bottom of the steps. Comp back on whichever role you had them prior.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble at the final boss and my sage has 288/290 gear so it is not a gear problem. Just the 2nd add keeps killing her and the comp and I even taken to pulling him out of the way and it doesn't work. Oh well just one I will not do.

I am not going to keep paying repair bills and before someone says it I know how to play, know how to move out of adds but you can say what you want, this is overtunned for the story mode.

If I was doing the harder ones then okay and then you could bring other players. You can't in story mode. We tried.

Note: Even pulling the companion down to where they come up behind the stairs doesn't work. The others come running down where you are at so that solution doesn't work. Tried it 3 times.

Edited by casirabit

If a sage you can also use your rescue ability to pull him to where you are, but that doesn't always work as the others coming down the stairs as well. I have tried that 3 times before I said forget it.

Not arguing that the FP is easy in Solo/Story mode (*). Just providing some suggestions.

306 gear seems to help a lot. Even if we don't usually expect to require top rating gear for the Solo and Story mode content. Any random 306 gear should do, doesn't have to be BiS set bonus gear. Obviously, either the player character or the companion should be in the healer role.

Mobs reset if the player character moves too far away from the original position of the mobs. So staying close to the mob's original location helps even if you're kiting them.

The player character and the companion will have a CC (crowd control) ability each; they can be used on the snipers if necessary in the last fight before jumping down to fight the adds (the companion will come with you automatically if the snipers are on cc.)

A character (Sages and Inquisitors) with Force Armor ability (other disciplines have some equivalent abilities) can use it on cooldown; it provides defense (and offense if the appropriate Combat Proficiency is chosen.)

(*) For the SM expected gear level and experience, this FP is harder in SM than usual. At the same time, for the MM expected gear level, team composition, and experience, this FP is easier in MM than usual. Weird.

Edited by mike_carton

Mobs reset if the player character moves too far away from the original position of the mobs. So staying close to the mob's original location helps even if you're kiting them.

I was in the middle of the mob. I was able to defeat the majority of them but the last two kept evading and going back to full health while I was standing right next to them.

I've cleared this so far on a gunslinger, operative, sentinel, guardian dps and guardian tank, the first two with Ordo still at level 1. Yes, I am in 306 gear, I know my defensives, my interrupts and my cleanses. That no doubt helps.

The tank was the biggest pain as everything took so danged long to die. For the last boss, I did notice that Ordo didn't dps the adds voluntarily. He just stood there looking pretty waiting for the boss to return. I had to tell him to attack my target (the adds).

When on a dps, set Ordo to heals and use your heroic moment. For the last boss, don't use it at the start of the fight. Click it on when the boss goes up and immediately drop the orbital on the doorway.

Is there any way to bring a friend along in this FP for story completion?

The patch notes from Tuesday say "Players can now share the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Story Mode with group members, as intended." However, the story completion happens in what the game calls "Solo-Story Mode" with "Story Mode" being different; the patch notes refer to "story Mode" as you can see. Only way to know for sure is for someone to try it.

Usually, doing the story content (in Solo-Story Mode) together grants completion only to the player whose instance is used to do the content.

The patch notes from Tuesday say "Players can now share the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Story Mode with group members, as intended." However, the story completion happens in what the game calls "Solo-Story Mode" with "Story Mode" being different; the patch notes refer to "story Mode" as you can see. Only way to know for sure is for someone to try it.

Usually, doing the story content (in Solo-Story Mode) together grants completion only to the player whose instance is used to do the content.

It might be okay if one has done it and the other hasn't but if both have not done it then no. A guild member and I tried to group today to run it since it was mainly just the flashpoint but it put us in separate instances.

They'll probably just brag that they soloed the FP in MM.

just to annoy you a little bit.... i actually did it solo on master mode... but rest assured you cant get "precision platformer" as you need to be grouped... although i think me and my companion count as a group...

but i noticed something...the first boss seems to be broken.

he gets his stacks even if you and your companion are both standing right next to him with a "fire bomb" debuff...

its a matter of luck if you can kill him solo. there is no pattern i could find why he does that.

Edit: just take a gunslinger stay at range and kill him.....

somethings really broken there

Edited by Opiklo
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But 6.2 state of certain specs/classes in stupid, not to say the R-word. You can faceroll everything on lightning sorc or both PT specs. Did you find the new story FP being too hard? Reroll PT and solo it in MM.

BTW, why all of you struggle with completing story content being in tank/heal spec? Don't you all have the "abandon" button in Discipline window?

My char is a Sith Warrior DPS, I'm not able to finish Flaspoint with him, even if it wasn't a DPS, everyone has the right to close the story mode with the character they most identify with.

Edited by Lord_Arawn

but i noticed something...the first boss seems to be broken.

he gets his stacks even if you and your companion are both standing right next to him with a "fire bomb" debuff...

its a matter of luck if you can kill him solo. there is no pattern i could find why he does that.

Edit: just take a gunslinger stay at range and kill him.....

somethings really broken there

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking something is broken there. We went there in a group of 3 ppl and a lvl 50 companion. Someone was getting one-shot from full HP every time, and we weren's standing in stupid. We tried a couple of times before swapping to another FP. The combining factor could be a companion?

Would be nice to hear if a group of 4 people has had issues, or maybe it was a bugged instance for us.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking something is broken there. We went there in a group of 3 ppl and a lvl 50 companion. Someone was getting one-shot from full HP every time, and we weren's standing in stupid. We tried a couple of times before swapping to another FP. The combining factor could be a companion?

Would be nice to hear if a group of 4 people has had issues, or maybe it was a bugged instance for us.

The general opinion is "not to interrupt him" but i nocited this is not always the case, sometimes he just kills people one by one. Its true that leap=interrupt and sometimes that can happen but still I ran it over 10 times on MM and each time was different.

I just saw in the other thread that Rass is supposed to start out with 25 affinity, and does for some players and does not for others?

He never had any affinity during my attempts.

Things like this are almost certainly contributing to the wide discrepancies players are experiencing with this FP. I will certainly acknowledge others play better than me, but if their companion was 25 and mine was 1, the playing field didn't exactly start out level to begin with...

But i noticed something...the first boss seems to be broken.

This was happening to me too (solo) but I assumed it was a mechanic I wasn't understanding. My positioning didn't seem to affect it. I died a number of times for no apparent reason before lucking out and not having that happen.

Edit: just take a gunslinger stay at range and kill him....

I can't tell if this is a joking or serious suggestion, and I don't mean to pick on you because you aren't the only one who has suggested "just" switching to a different class, but... no. Not a viable suggestion. This is story mode. I am not going to switch from my main to an alt I don't prefer just to get through main story content. It's one thing if this was something specialized that the player picked a higher difficulty for, but the baseline main story is not working if it's not relatively equally accessible to every class.

Edited by TreeHuggerHannah

I just saw in the other thread that Rass is supposed to start out with 25 affinity, and does for some players and does not for others?

He never had any affinity during my attempts.

Things like this are almost certainly contributing to the wide discrepancies players are experiencing with this FP. I will certainly acknowledge others play better than me, but if their companion was 25 and mine was 1, the playing field didn't exactly start out level to begin with...

This was happening to me too (solo) but I assumed it was a mechanic I wasn't understanding. My positioning didn't seem to affect it. I died a number of times for no apparent reason before lucking out and not having that happen.

I can't tell if this is a joking or serious suggestion, and I don't mean to pick on you because you aren't the only one who has suggested "just" switching to a different class, but... no. Not a viable suggestion. This is story mode. I am not going to switch from my main to an alt I don't prefer just to get through main story content. It's one thing if this was something specialized that the player picked a higher difficulty for, but the baseline main story is not working if it's not relatively equally accessible to every class.

And not everyone has made a gunslinger. While I have an agent and a smuggler they are both healers.

okay because there are rumors spreading here.

the first boss is suppose to work like this:

fire bomb: if you are above 10m from melee range of the boy you will get it

energized grapple: he can only use it when target has no effect from fire bomb

full auto: he can only use it when target has effect from energized grapple

his stacks: come with the energized grapple.

but the opinion not to interrupt him is kind of true as interrupting him screws his priority

this is why gunslinger works that well on MASTER MODE he cant grapple you and so he doesnt get stacks.

i am going to ignore the posts complaining " i have no slinger" etc.

i am not talking about story mode. i did that 2 had no problems and dont want to be involved in that discussion

just to annoy you a little bit.... i actually did it solo on master mode.

Fact of the matter is that I did the FP on MM a few times before actually going through the story. Solo as well. I do have 55% achievement on the FP which includes the hidden achievements; only some of the grindy achievements are remaining. BW's meta achievement structure means that a few achievements can hold up a big block of achievement percentage; an example is the Feast of Prosperity where not being able to abandon one cooking mission has locked out 25% of the overall achievement. (This has now been fixed to only hold up 10%.)

You won't catch me bragging about it or claiming that people should "just git gud." But as I wrote in an earlier post, it is easier comparatively for MM teams than for a regular Solo player.

Edited by mike_carton

The patch allowed me to finish the FP on my Sith Warrior but just barely. It still needs tuning, especially if there's a bug with the last boss respawning/restarting the fight. I didn't seem to encounter this bug luckily but I haven't yet run the FP on my other characters either so who knows, I might end up running into this bug which would be... very frustrating if so.

Very unsurprising though that a bunch of simps with too much time on their hands and probably obsess an unhealthy amount of willpower into games got nothing better to do than tell people to play the game better like they're making a valid point. Got your joy pill for the day beating some folks down for not playing exactly to your standards? Good for you, give yourself a gold star champ. Anyway.

Wasn't there always a extra companion that comes along in the story mode flashpoints? Like a droid that could be summoned? Or I might be thinking of the older FPs before Knights of the Fallen Empire and so on following. Either way, hope this FP's Story Mode gets tuned some more and that the other issue about this "Quick Play Mode" bug gets resolved soon.